Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Deficits are NOW Ok

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Deficits are NOW Ok

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Hypocrites?  Get your hypocrites. Apparently the GOP needs to run deficits or else they won't be able to grow the economy.  Not my words....I predict voters are going to be too stupid to notice.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/oct/04/mick-mulvaney/did-budget-director-mick-mulvaney-flip-flop-higher/
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: Deficits are NOW Ok

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:21 am

For some reason, your link doesn't work for me

But let me point out the GOP in DC are majority RINO, minority freedom caucus, and a President who was elected to be a distruptor, not a conservative idealog.

so fuck your Eliazabeth Warrens and your Bernie Sanders.  Two of the dumbest assholes I ever heard.  combined these two don't match the class of a Sarah Palin.

the real lesson of Trump is to give a giant middle finger to both sides of the aisle that have been in DC why too long.  How long has Ryan the RINo been there???  Ditto McConnell.  these assholes, and assholes like Durbin and Pelosi plan to die in office.  Congress was never meant to be a life long job.  We the people need to vote these cocksuckers out once they spent 10 years in their seat.

As for the proposed spending, hopefully we we get something of value from it like we did with Reagan.  Tripling the the deficit to end the cold war.  Now thats something of value.  Obama, well he just pissed away money.  what did he build with his stimulus?  Besides those ugly walls along every highway.

Maybe if Obama didn't outright lie about shovel ready jobs, then maybe Trump wouldn't need money for inferstructure.  At least with Trump, we can trust it will go to inferstructure and not the pockets of the politically connected
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 am

speaking of stupid spending.  JBL's war on poverty never did produce that Great Society.  all it did was encourage the demise of the black family as Democrat herded unwed black mothers and their bastard children into high rise slums in major urban areas.

this genius plan which failed miserably has cost the USA about $22trillion and counting.

What's the National Debt?!?!?

Amazing.  every penny of the national debt has gone to keeping blacks poor and the poor dependent on government and making sure the poor vote democrat because democrats, liberals and lefties love crapping on America and the American Dream and the wonders of capitalism and freemarkets and free trade.

Just think if that outright racist Lyndon B Johnson never came up with the idea of buying the N vote.  We'd have less poverty, less racial division, less government, and ZERO federal debt.

THANK YOU LIBERALS, LEFTIES AND DEMOCRATS!!!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:54 am

So now deficit spending is ok, including add'l deficit spending....as long as it's proposed by the GOP.  If you can't open the link, it's a simple Politifact link about Mick Mulvaney.  You can go there and look it up yourself.  Basically, he's quoted as wanting to add add'l deficit because he says it'll be needed in order to stimulate the economy to grow at 3%.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:So now deficit spending is ok, including add'l deficit spending....as long as it's proposed by the GOP.

NEVER SAID THAT.  LEARN HOW TO READ

If you can't open the link, it's a simple Politifact link about Mick Mulvaney.  You can go there and look it up yourself.  Basically, he's quoted as wanting to add add'l deficit because he says it'll be needed in order to stimulate the economy to grow at 3%.

SORRY ROB, THE KARK NEVER SIGNED ONTO GROWING YOUR WAY OUT OF A DEFICIT.  SOUNDS A LOT LIKE BORROWING YOUR WAY OUT OF DEBT.

MY POINT IS THAT NOT ALL SPENDING IS EQUAL, SOMETHING YOU SEEM TO FORGET OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

NOT TO MENTION HOW YOU COMPLETELY GLOSS OVER OBAMA'S BIG LIE OF SHOVEL READY JOBS.  MORE KICK SHOVEL READY KICK BACKS

THAT SAID, IF YOUR HOUSE NEEDS A NEW ROOF, YOU GET THE ROOF FIXED REGARDLESS OF HOW LARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD DEBT IS.

BUT IF WE REALLY NEED TO CUT SPENDING, MIGHT I SUGGEST PLANNED PARENTHOOD, AIDS RESEARCH, CLIMATE CHANGE AND GREEN ENERGY RESEARCH.  YOU LEFTIES HAVE ENOUGH CASH TO FUND THIS TAX.  MAYBE YOU PEOPLE SHOULD GIVE TO CHARITY INSTEAD OF CROOKED CLOWNS LIKE HILLARY OR ELIZABETH WARREN.

OR MEANS TEST SOCIAL SECURITY.  ANYBODY WITH A NET HALF MILLION IN ASSETS DOES NOT NEED SOCIAL SECURITY.  THEN PHASE THIS PONZI SCHEME OUT SO ITS JUST A BAD MEMORY IN 20 YEARS.

OF COURSE, IF THE RINOS WOULD HAVE APPEALED OBAMACARE.....

APPARENTLY THEY BELIEVE THE BIG LIE JUST LIKE YOU DO.  EVERYTHING I'VE SEEN SHOWS 2007 IS FAR BETTER THAN 2017 WHEN IT COMES TO OVERALL HEALTHCARE EXPENDITURES.  BUT THEN, WHEN DO POLITICIANS VOLUNTARILY GIVE UP POWER.  ANOTHER CONCEPT THAT YOU SEEM TO HAVE TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:35 pm

All of those spending cuts you mentuon amount to almost nothing. We will spend far, far more just helping out Houston.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:

SORRY ROB, THE KARK NEVER SIGNED ONTO GROWING YOUR WAY OUT OF A DEFICIT.  SOUNDS A LOT LIKE BORROWING YOUR WAY OUT OF DEBT.

That's perfectly fair, but is it not sensible to cut spending during something akin to a boom time and increasing it during busting times as a stimulus?  We're not really in need of stimulus right now.  Granted, the economy is growing as something between 1.5% and 2.3%, but that's not problematic when you have a mature economy and slowing birth rate.  This expectation of 3%+ growth is silly.  It would be nice, but thinking it can become the norm is asinine.  All the tax cuts in the world will only buy us some temporary growth until the tax cut becomes the new norm and the economy re-stabilizes.  It's fool's gold.  We need to find a workable tax rate and stick with it.  We should be actually cutting spending right now.  Unemployment is low.  The economy is stable.  This dumb ass Mulvaney is out of his damn  mind suggesting we need to dig deeper deficits right now so that Trump can achieve his 3% growth.   

MY POINT IS THAT NOT ALL SPENDING IS EQUAL, SOMETHING YOU SEEM TO FORGET OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Seems like common sense so I'm not sure where you get the notion I've forgotten it anymore than you've forgotten how many balls equal a walk.  

BUT IF WE REALLY NEED TO CUT SPENDING, MIGHT I SUGGEST PLANNED PARENTHOOD, AIDS RESEARCH, CLIMATE CHANGE AND GREEN ENERGY RESEARCH.  YOU LEFTIES HAVE ENOUGH CASH TO FUND THIS TAX.  MAYBE YOU PEOPLE SHOULD GIVE TO CHARITY INSTEAD OF CROOKED CLOWNS LIKE HILLARY OR ELIZABETH WARREN.

Yeah, um, our spending on that shit is about zilch, or enough to re-roof the White House.  

OR MEANS TEST SOCIAL SECURITY.  ANYBODY WITH A NET HALF MILLION IN ASSETS DOES NOT NEED SOCIAL SECURITY.  THEN PHASE THIS PONZI SCHEME OUT SO ITS JUST A BAD MEMORY IN 20 YEARS.

You means test SS and it basically becomes another entitlement that the rich folks want canceled and done away with, just like food stamps and welfare and Medicaid.  

OF COURSE, IF THE RINOS WOULD HAVE APPEALED OBAMACARE.....

APPARENTLY THEY BELIEVE THE BIG LIE JUST LIKE YOU DO.  EVERYTHING I'VE SEEN SHOWS 2007 IS FAR BETTER THAN 2017 WHEN IT COMES TO OVERALL HEALTHCARE EXPENDITURES.  BUT THEN, WHEN DO POLITICIANS VOLUNTARILY GIVE UP POWER.  ANOTHER CONCEPT THAT YOU SEEM TO HAVE TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING

Better as in what?   A lower percentage of GDP?  Universal healthcare nations all have the lowest percentage of GDP for their health expenditures.  I can't see why it wouldn't go down here, too, once the profit motive is gone.  
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:29 am

Better as in what?   A lower percentage of GDP?  Universal healthcare nations all have the lowest percentage of GDP for their health expenditures.  I can't see why it wouldn't go down here, too, once the profit motive is gone.  

BETTER THAN WHAT?!?!?!?!?

YOU REALLY ARE MISINFORMED

AND IF EUROPE'S HEALTHCARE IS SO GREAT, HOW COME THEY CAN ONLY AFFORD ONE CHILD?!?!?!?!?

MAYBE THEIR HEALTHCARE IS SO CHEAP BECAUSE THE CARE IS CHEAP.  MAYBE THAT IS WHY THE USA RANKS #1 IN HELPING PEOPLE OVERCOME CANCER.

AND SPARE ME THIS PROFIT MOTIVE CRAP.  PROFIT MOTIVE IS WHY SMART KIDS ARE LOOKING AT BECOMING NURSE PRACTITIONERS INSTEAD OF REAL DOCTORS.  YOUR BIG GOV PRICE FIXING IS WHAT IS CAUSING THE DOCTOR SHORTAGE.  SO WHO GIVES A CRAP IF HEALTHCARE IS FREE IF THERE ARE NO DOCTORS TO SEE.  PROFITS ARE GOOD.  AND THAT INCLUDES THE HEALTH INDUSTRY.  WHAT REALLY DRIVES UP THE COSTS IS ALL THE UNNECESSARY MIDDLE MEN, PRIMARILY DRIVEN BY EMPLOYER PROVIDED GROUP INSURANCE.  WANT TO DRIVE DOWN COST?  MAKE EMPLOYERS GIVE THEIR WORKERS THE CASH THEY GIVE BIG INSURANCE.  I'M SURE A SMART GUY LIKE YOU CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THE $19,200 WIFEY GETS FROM HER JOB FRO HEALTH COVERAGE.  HINT, YOUR FAMILY, LIKE MANY OTHERS, ARE OVER INSURED
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:22 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:AND IF EUROPE'S HEALTHCARE IS SO GREAT, HOW COME THEY CAN ONLY AFFORD ONE CHILD?!?!?!?!?

I don't know.  Are Europeans only having one child?  That's news to me.  Their standard of living is pretty nice, just like ours.  I'm pretty sure there are plenty of multiple children homes. 

MAYBE THEIR HEALTHCARE IS SO CHEAP BECAUSE THE CARE IS CHEAP.  MAYBE THAT IS WHY THE USA RANKS #1 IN HELPING PEOPLE OVERCOME CANCER.

Great.  And other countries rank higher than us in a few things.  Big deal.  

AND SPARE ME THIS PROFIT MOTIVE CRAP.  PROFIT MOTIVE IS WHY SMART KIDS ARE LOOKING AT BECOMING NURSE PRACTITIONERS INSTEAD OF REAL DOCTORS.  YOUR BIG GOV PRICE FIXING IS WHAT IS CAUSING THE DOCTOR SHORTAGE. 

We pay more for treatment than another other nation.  Those high prices are why there's a shortage?  

SO WHO GIVES A CRAP IF HEALTHCARE IS FREE IF THERE ARE NO DOCTORS TO SEE.

No docs to see?  Is this really a thing?  I realize that it's realistic to assume there'll be less docs to go around if suddenly everyone is insured.  That's a fair assessment, but then everyone is now insured.  I guess I'm willing to have to wait a bit longer for a doctor if it means that the less fortunate are also getting in line.  Would you be willing to solve world hunger if you were told you have to eat 10% or 20% less per year?  

WANT TO DRIVE DOWN COST?  MAKE EMPLOYERS GIVE THEIR WORKERS THE CASH THEY GIVE BIG INSURANCE. 

You mean MAKING employers give cash to their employees isn't unAmerican?  Can we just make them do that?  You think that'd pass the SCOTUS test?  

I'M SURE A SMART GUY LIKE YOU CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THE $19,200 WIFEY GETS FROM HER JOB FRO HEALTH COVERAGE.  HINT, YOUR FAMILY, LIKE MANY OTHERS, ARE OVER INSURED

I don't doubt that, but who in the hell has the time to sift through all of the other ways of doing it in order to maximize their return?  I'd be able to figure it out.  So would you.  But hundreds of millions would fuck it up and screw themselves not for lack of trying, but because the corporate insurance world would make it difficult for profit-earning reasons.  
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:07 am

I don't doubt that, but who in the hell has the time to sift through all of the other ways of doing it in order to maximize their return? 

TAKE A BREAK FROM THE MESSAGE BOARD EINSTEIN!!!!!!!!!!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:08 am

I'd be able to figure it out.  So would you.  But hundreds of millions would fuck it up and screw themselves

SO PUNISH THE SMART AND REWARD THE STUPID!!!!!!!!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:25 am

not for lack of trying, but because the corporate insurance world would make it difficult for profit-earning reasons.  

WOW, YOU MUST REALLY HATE YOUR FELLOW AMERICAN!!!!!!

WHAT A LOAD OF GLOOM AND DOOM BULLSHIT

THE KARK ON THE OTHER HAND, BELIEVES IN THE FREE MARKET AND BELIEVES THAT HIS FELLOW AMERICANS WOULD QUICKLY FIGURE OUT THAT MOST PEOPLE WOULD BE BETTER OFF BANKING THE $19,200 AND PAYING THE DOCTORS IN CASH AND TELLING INSURANCE TO GET LOST UNTIL THEIR PRICES COME DOWN

AND THOSE PRICES WILL COME DOWN.  WITH PEOPLE PAYING OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET, THEY WILL TREAT HEALTH INSURANCE LIKE AUTO INSURANCE.  JUST COVER THE BIG THINGS.  BUT THE LITTLE THINGS LIKE BUYING GAS, AND OIL CHANGES AND TIRE ROTATIONS AND OTHER ROUTINE MAINTANANCE WILL BE PAID FOR BY CASH.  I HAVE READ THAT IF WE USED INSURANCE TO PAY FOR ROUTINE CAR MAINTAIN, LIKE WE USE HEALTH INSURANCE TO PAY FOR ROUTINE THINGS, THAN OIL CHANGES WOULD BE WELL OVER $100!!!!!

THAT IS HOW YOU BRING PRICES DOWN.  SINGLE PAYER WILL ONLY DRIVE PRICES UP BECAUSE THE POLITICAL PAYOFFS AND KICK BACKS WILL BE FAR GREATER THAN THOSE NASTY INSURANCE PROFITS THAT DISGUST YOU SO MUCH

AS A CPA WITH ACCESS TO CORPORATE PAYROLL RECORDS AND ACCESS TO THE DETAILS IN THE INSURANCE PREMIUMS, AFTER 15 YEARS OF ANALYZING THE DATA, THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THIS WOULD WORK.  SINCE I'VE BEEN MARRIED, THE ONLY YEARS I WOULD HAVE LOST MONEY WOULD HAVE BEEN THE TWO YEARS MY WIFE GAVE BIRTH.  AND BOTH THOSE YEARS WERE EASILY COVERED BY THE NEXT YEAR.

IN THE PAST DECADE, HAD MY EMPLOYER SIMPLY GIVEN ME THE MONEY HE GIVE BIG INSURANCE ON MY BEHALF, I'D HAVE AN HSA WITH A 6 FIGURE BALANCE.  10x THAN WHAT IT IS TODAY.

BUT THAN, WHY TRUST MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF AMERICANS TO DO THE RIGHT THING WITH $100K.  SO MUCH BETTER TO GIVE IT TO A CROOK LIKE BERNIE SANDERS.  AFTER ALL, US STUPID AMERICANS WOULD PROBABLY PISS THE MONEY AWAY ON DISNEYLAND AND FLAT SCREEN TV'S OR SIMPLY SNORT IT UP OUR NOSES.  WE NEED GOVERNMENT TO MAKE SURE WE BEHAVE OURSELVES.

WELL THE KARK SAYS, MY BODY, MY HEALTHCARE, MY CHOICE.  SO YOU AND BERNIE AND THE REST OF THE BIG GOV TYPES NEED TO RESPECT MY PRIVACY AND KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY BODY AND QUIT DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME THE HEALTH INSURANCE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE BECAUSE I AM THE FINANCIAL LITERATE MINORITY

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:02 pm