Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Mass shooting

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Mass shooting

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:09 am

rmapasad wrote:

A person who buys 20+ guns in a space of a year has the right to buy those guns.  But rightfully he also has attracted the attention of law enforcement in so doing.   They don't have the right to seize those guns without further evidence of nefarious intentions or if some portion of them are illegal weaponry.  But they sure have the right (I would even say the duty) to find out what the hell that guy is up to.  Which may mean following him a bit, paying him a visit, etc.  It's deterrence.

The same as if you buy 20 Sudafed packs in a week, or mass quantities of certain fertilizers (the kind that can be made to explode).  We have a right to buy that stuff, but the gov't has a right to look into it.  
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:55 am

The right to vote is the most fundamental right we have yet that is subject to registration and ironically the people in the gun crowd are the same ones who want all kinds of ID proof, records of this and that to show a person should be able to exercise that.  Yet when it comes to their guns, no one is supposed to have any business registering them.  Bullshit.   States have such laws including proof of taking gun safety courses and those are perfectly constitutional.  
    Registering gun purchases is a fundamental right of government which has a compelling interest to know who and how many deadly weapons people have bought.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:09 am

rmapasad wrote:The right to vote is the most fundamental right we have yet that is subject to registration and ironically the people in the gun crowd are the same ones who want all kinds of ID proof, records of this and that to show a person should be able to exercise that.  Yet when it comes to their guns, no one is supposed to have any business registering them.  Bullshit.   States have such laws including proof of taking gun safety courses and those are perfectly constitutional.  
    Registering gun purchases is a fundamental right of government which has a compelling interest to know who and how many deadly weapons people have bought.

Actually, do we have a fundamental or constitutional right to vote?  I didn't think there was actually a "right to vote."
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:49 am

rmapasad wrote:

A person who buys 20+ guns in a space of a year has the right to buy those guns.  But rightfully he also has attracted the attention of law enforcement in so doing.   They don't have the right to seize those guns without further evidence of nefarious intentions or if some portion of them are illegal weaponry.  But they sure have the right (I would even say the duty) to find out what the hell that guy is up to.  Which may mean following him a bit, paying him a visit, etc.  It's deterrence.

I understand the gun fetishist's argument that they have a right to guns for self defense.  It's fair and it seems most of us, left or right, are willing to grant them that.  Go buy your guns.  Fine.  Still, do the rest of us not have a right to defend ourselves in some basic manner against the actual "gun nuts"?  By gun nuts, I mean the people that have a lot of guns and might actually be nuts and kill us.  Do we not have a right to set up a registry whereby all are encouraged to legally buy, sell, transfer and own guns within a regulated system, so that we can perhaps have an idea who to look out for?  Why do we not have a right to defend ourselves against the actual gun nuts, that doesn't include having guns of our own?
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:The right to vote is the most fundamental right we have yet that is subject to registration and ironically the people in the gun crowd are the same ones who want all kinds of ID proof, records of this and that to show a person should be able to exercise that.  Yet when it comes to their guns, no one is supposed to have any business registering them.  Bullshit.   States have such laws including proof of taking gun safety courses and those are perfectly constitutional.  

Actually, do we have a fundamental or constitutional right to vote?  I didn't think there was actually a "right to vote."

It wasn't mentioned in the Bill of Rights specifically but a post Civil War Amendment recognized blacks rights to vote, early 1900's  Amendment gave women the right to vote, and then Amendments were passed in the 1960's protecting voters against a poll tax and giving 18 year olds the right to vote. In that sense, you could say it is the most constitutionally right of all.

Interesting that the gun lobby who wants no proof of qualifications and no registering of gun purchases is also among the most adamant about proof of qualifications and registration for voting.   
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:05 am

SOMEBODY DRANK THEIR MORON JUICE THIS MORNING.

TO COMPARE THIS TO VOTING IS THE HEIGHT OF STUPIDITY
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:07 am

Interesting that the gun lobby who wants no proof of qualifications and no registering of gun purchases is also among the most adamant about proof of qualifications and registration for voting.  

SOUNDS LIKE THE LEFTS POSITION ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:15 am

It's deterrence.

SO IS CONCEAL CARRY!!!!!!

CONTRARY TO YOUR LIES AND THE LIES OF THE SCHMUCK

CONCEAL CARRY PREVENTS CRIME

GUN CONTROL JUST PUNISHES LAW BIDING CITIZENS AND INCREASES CRIME

THERE IS NO LAW THAT COULD HAVE PREVENTED VEGA OR SANDY HOOK OR JUST ABOUT ANY MASS SHOOTING.

BUT THERE ARE LAWS THAT COULD HAVE PREVENTED DEATHS OF THE VICTIMS OF ILLEGALS.

BOTTOM LINE, GUNS SAVE MORE LIVES AND PREVENT MORE CRIMES THAN THEY CAUSE.

THIS WORLD WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER OFF IF MISGUIDED, MISINFORMED LEFTIES LIKE YOU AND THE SCHMUCK DEFENDED GOD AND GUNS AS MUCH AS YOU DO SEX AND DRUGS
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:07 am

BOTTOM LINE, GUNS SAVE MORE LIVES AND PREVENT MORE CRIMES THAN THEY CAUSE.

I'd sure love to see the facts and figures to support this.  We're losing about 30k+ lives a year in this country.  It's easy to imagine that OCCASIONALLY a crime is prevented with a gun, or even with the threat of a gun.  I get that.  Everyone gets that.  But it would be interesting to see something that spells out how guns are preventing more than 30k deaths a year.  

Guns are a right.  Understood.  We have to accept the tens of thousands of annual deaths because that's the cost of one of our freedoms here, I guess.  But your declarations about guns saving more lives than they cost strike me as pretty much total made-up bullshit, akin to the lies and made up garbage that your orange hero spouts daily.  Just come out and say "we fight all of this gun control shit because we can and because we don't want to have to give up ANYTHING."  It's nothing more than just the selfish desires of gun owners and the profit-driven lobbying by the NRA that argue for the status quo, even with large majorities of Americans wanting greater controls.

It's going to happen, eventually.  Not sure when.  Eventually, one of these massacres will be so bad, so horrible, so devastating, that millions of voters will switch over and become single issue voters and vote out the Congressmen that support the gun lobby.  Same thing as when millions voted against Dems in 2010 for a single issue.  And when that happens, the right will be stunned when Dems use a majority to enact guidelines far more stringent than if the right and left had just approached this on a good faith basis together.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:26 am

Soxillinirob wrote:

A couple of kids take a lawn Jart in the head and now Jarts are illegal and out of production.

I have two sets. Want to make me an offer on one?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:29 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:

I understand the gun fetishist's argument that they have a right to guns for self defense.  It's fair and it seems most of us, left or right, are willing to grant them that.  Go buy your guns.  Fine.  Still, do the rest of us not have a right to defend ourselves in some basic manner against the actual "gun nuts"?  By gun nuts, I mean the people that have a lot of guns and might actually be nuts and kill us.  Do we not have a right to set up a registry whereby all are encouraged to legally buy, sell, transfer and own guns within a regulated system, so that we can perhaps have an idea who to look out for?  Why do we not have a right to defend ourselves against the actual gun nuts, that doesn't include having guns of our own?

So we have a right to have guns for self-defense. "A good guy with a gun will take care of a bad guy with a gun." 

Well, to "Fearless Leader", we are the "bad guy with a gun". So why is he being prevented from nuking up?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:31 am

Soxillinirob wrote:BOTTOM LINE, GUNS SAVE MORE LIVES AND PREVENT MORE CRIMES THAN THEY CAUSE.

I'd sure love to see the facts and figures to support this.  We're losing about 30k+ lives a year in this country.  It's easy to imagine that OCCASIONALLY a crime is prevented with a gun, or even with the threat of a gun.  I get that.  Everyone gets that.  But it would be interesting to see something that spells out how guns are preventing more than 30k deaths a year.  

Guns are a right.  Understood.  We have to accept the tens of thousands of annual deaths because that's the cost of one of our freedoms here, I guess.  But your declarations about guns saving more lives than they cost strike me as pretty much total made-up bullshit, akin to the lies and made up garbage that your orange hero spouts daily.  Just come out and say "we fight all of this gun control shit because we can and because we don't want to have to give up ANYTHING."  It's nothing more than just the selfish desires of gun owners and the profit-driven lobbying by the NRA that argue for the status quo, even with large majorities of Americans wanting greater controls.

It's going to happen, eventually.  Not sure when.  Eventually, one of these massacres will be so bad, so horrible, so devastating, that millions of voters will switch over and become single issue voters and vote out the Congressmen that support the gun lobby.  Same thing as when millions voted against Dems in 2010 for a single issue.  And when that happens, the right will be stunned when Dems use a majority to enact guidelines far more stringent than if the right and left had just approached this on a good faith basis together.

Nothing will change until some family members of some top NRA board members are victims of some of these mass shootings.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:08 am

Nothing will change until some family members of some top NRA board members are victims of some of these mass shootings.

This is the same logic the KARK uses to justify his fantasy about MS13 doing something unspeakable to Dick Durbin's wife.

BTW, I wonder how much gun crime, as well as other crimes, are committed by bastards.  1/2 the kids today are born out of wedlock.  A sane Nation is disgusted with itself.  The idiots on the left considered this a triumph of womanhood.  Scumbag politicians, including those supposedly bought off by the NRA see unwed mothers as a voting block to be bought with my tax dollars.

So I just love how the Jimmy Kimmels of the world claim they are on the side of common sense when its very clear their politics believe in punishing the responsible because they don't cause the same tear jerking over reaction as does the actions of the irresponsible.

PS, there is no gun control law that would have preventing any of these mass shooting.  Sandy Hook would have been prevented if the principle and a few other teachers were armed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 pm