Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

RINO Suicide

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

RINO Suicide

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:12 am

Don't believe all the screams about ending DACA.  Trumps 6 months extensions means Congress will codify DACA and DACA will now be law instead of just an Executive Order.

WHY THE HELL SHOULD WE VOTE REPUBLICAN?!?!?!?!?

Obamacare, NOT repealed.  Instead, the left has been emboldened to pass "single payer" the second they gain control.  and at some point they will.  Might be 2020, might be 2028.  But the Democrats will eventually own the congress and the White House.  Unlike the GOP, who clearly lied about repealing and clearly lied about having a plan to replace it, I am quite certain the Democrats are writing the plan right now.

Where are the tax cuts and tax reform?!?!?  Instead we get more continuing resolutions and increases to the debt ceiling?!?!?  why the hell do we even have a debt ceiling if its always gets increased?!?!?!?

Where is the wall??!?!?!?  Instead, 6 months from now, WE THE PEOPLE will get amnesty lite because all the liars in DC and the media will constantly whine about dreamers instead of telling the truth about the nightmares the average everyday Americans go through if they can't claim victim status.

AND IT GETS EVEN BETTER IN ILLINOIS!!!!!!

REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR!!!!!

Yet we still get run away spending, tax increases, transgendered birth certificates, and now Illinois is a sanctuary state!!!!!

I guess Rauner's grand plan is to replace all the people that are fleeing Illinois with illegal aliens.

THE NEW GOP SLOGAN:

WE DON'T HAVE THE BRAINS OR THE BALLS TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Re: RINO Suicide

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:17 am

ROTFLMFAO!!!

VOTE TEA PARTY!!

You mean to tell me you are realizing all of this time you have spent on POLITICS could have been put to better use???

Go to a Fanboy Meeting and listen to MURPH!!!!!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:04 pm

NO, IT MEANS I DIDN'T WORK HARD ENOUGH.

AND THE PROBLEM WASN'T THE TEA PARTY.

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT, ITS NO LONGER RIGHT V LEFT, BUT NOW ITS ALSO AVERAGE JOE AGAINST THE ELITES.

DONALD TRUMP WAS A GIFT FROM GOD AND THE GOP LOOKED THE GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH

BUT DON'T LAUGH TOO HARD ROBERT

YOUR PARTY IN 2016 DECIDED IT NO LONGER NEEDED THE WHITE WORKING CLASS.  THEY ARE ALSO THE PARTY THAT THINKS A FATHER IN THE HOUSE IN AN UNNECESSARY LUXURY.

SO HAVE FUN CAMPAIGNING FOR DICK DURBIN AND MIKE MADIGAN AND BERNIE SANDERS.  ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THOSE CLOWNS FIGURE OUT THOSE WHO OWN SUMMER HOMES AREN'T PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Obamacare, NOT repealed.  Instead, the left has been emboldened to pass "single payer" the second they gain control.  and at some point they will.  Might be 2020, might be 2028.  But the Democrats will eventually own the congress and the White House.  Unlike the GOP, who clearly lied about repealing and clearly lied about having a plan to replace it, I am quite certain the Democrats are writing the plan right now.

It's not repealed because even the GOP realizes it was a necessary reform.  It has vast issues that will need addressing, such as charging healthy people higher premiums so that the very sick can get affordable coverage, but even the most hard-hearted GOP'ers know there's no undoing the basic premise of ACA.  They might even repeal and replace it, but it'll be replaced with something similar in the end.  Standing on the premise of taking affordable care away from sick and/or poor folks is a losing proposition and your party knows this.  Yes, I know there are options for analytical dicks like you or me, who would find their way through the muck, but 3/4 of the US public couldn't figure that shit out.  

Where are the tax cuts and tax reform?!?!?  Instead we get more continuing resolutions and increases to the debt ceiling?!?!?  why the hell do we even have a debt ceiling if its always gets increased?!?!?!?

There'll eventually be reform.  However, if they think they can just cut corporate rates significantly, along with cutting individual rates without there being a negative reaction on the deficit front, then they are mistaken.  The American public isn't THAT stupid.  They'll see what this is...an effort to make the rich folks richer.  Any notion that these cuts will lead to enough prosperity to right the deficit is just nuts.  It'll give us a short term bump.  And then the roof will cave in.

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Where is the wall??!?!?!?  Instead, 6 months from now, WE THE PEOPLE will get amnesty lite because all the liars in DC and the media will constantly whine about dreamers instead of telling the truth about the nightmares the average everyday Americans go through if they can't claim victim status.

Don't need a wall.  Illegal immigration is net negative right now, and during Obama's final few years, per the stats that are floating all around.  Additionally, most illegal immigration doesn't come across the border illegally.  They come in legally and overstay the time limit.  

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:02 pm

"Fixed fortifications are a testimony to the stupidity of man."
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:24 pm

I have to wonder why the GOP keeps trying these goofy replace/repeal measures.  Graham Cassidy, Skinny Repeal, Trumpcare....

Simple question:  If ACA is such a terrible catastrophe, why don't they just repeal it and be done with it and go back to the old way?  I've heard for 7 yrs that it's a terrible law, it's failing, etc.  Just repeal it.  Be done with it.  Why haven't they?  Isn't Obamacare a disaster?  Make it go away.  When will they do this?  

Or do they leave it there because they believe it's better than what we had prior to ACA? 
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:I have to wonder why the GOP keeps trying these goofy replace/repeal measures.  Graham Cassidy, Skinny Repeal, Trumpcare....

Simple question:  If ACA is such a terrible catastrophe, why don't they just repeal it and be done with it and go back to the old way?  I've heard for 7 yrs that it's a terrible law, it's failing, etc.  Just repeal it.  Be done with it.  Why haven't they?  Isn't Obamacare a disaster?  Make it go away.  When will they do this?  

Or do they leave it there because they believe it's better than what we had prior to ACA? 

Public support for the Republican health care bill is below 20% now as people realize there is a lot of pain that will come with its passage.  Somehow though Republicans feel they have to honor a political commitment to  this ever-dwindling segment of the population.  
    As long as Heritage Foundation, radio talk shows and billionaire right wing financiers keep putting on the heat, Republican representatives and Senators will listen.  But I bet many Republicans who vote to repeal are actually relieved that McCain and a few other Republican Senators are going to kill it.  That way they can say "it wasn't me who killed it " to their right wing backers but they also don't have to face the wrath of constituents who will lose coverage if Obamacare gets scuttled.  A good portion of those constituents could be blue collar people who voted for Trump.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:18 pm

Collins, McCain and Rand Paul all now stating they are a no.  The Party of No is now the party of No-Can-Do.  Good God almighty.  They have a clear majority across the whole spectrum and just can't figure out how to govern.  Nice party ya got there.  

Not sure why they didn't spend some of the last eight years trying to come up with a few sensible ideas, instead of dumping all of their energy into obstructing anything Obama.  

If ACA were such a bad idea, they'd just repeal it and be done with it.  They've spent 7 yrs saying it's a nightmare, but they aren't willing to get rid of it.  Doesn't that mean they think it's better than the old way?  I think it does.  They're lucky they can't repeal it, as it would mean they get absolutely drubbed in 2018.  Maybe now that it's clear ACA is better than pre-ACA, it might occur to some of the heartless dicks in Congress to make it better, more cost efficient, or cheaper for certain people.  Christ almighty, it took us 7 yrs to get to this point?  WTF?
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:26 am

the only people better off now than pre ACA are those with pre-existing conditions

the rest of us are getting screwed in the pocketbook

you don't see it because your wife's employer has been providing your family's healthcare the whole time and have been absorbing most of the costs.

If they were giving you the $19,200 the whole time and telling you to use it to fund your own healthcare, then you'd see how people have been outright screwed by this law.

The reason the GOP won't simply repeal it is due to the stupidity of the masses.  Most of us have been trained our whole life that somebody else should pay for our healthcare.  Far to many of us just want to be taken care of.  You yourself said you wouldn't want to manage the $19,200 and would prefer your wife's employer to handle it even if it is over insuring.

Bottom, the GOP in Congress are about as stupid as the Democrats in Congress.  Re-Election is more important than serving the people.  And just wait until single payer.  Bye Bye wifey's family provided healthcare.  Hello attaching your annual physical to your 1040 because the rich and those who choose unhealthy life styles WILL BE forced to pay more.  NEWSFLASH, You and the Mrs are in at least one of those categories

But thank you for sharing the lies you heard on MSNBC
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:33 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:I have to wonder why the GOP keeps trying these goofy replace/repeal measures.  Graham Cassidy, Skinny Repeal, Trumpcare....

Public support for the Republican health care bill is below 20% now as people realize there is a lot of pain that will come with its passage.  Somehow though Republicans feel they have to honor a political commitment to  this ever-dwindling segment of the population.  
    As long as Heritage Foundation, radio talk shows and billionaire right wing financiers keep putting on the heat, Republican representatives and Senators will listen.  But I bet many Republicans who vote to repeal are actually relieved that McCain and a few other Republican Senators are going to kill it.  That way they can say "it wasn't me who killed it " to their right wing backers but they also don't have to face the wrath of constituents who will lose coverage if Obamacare gets scuttled.  A good portion of those constituents could be blue collar people who voted for Trump.

WRONG!!!!

The real solution is to trust the free market.  The problem is, we haven't had free market healthcare since 1943 and most are clueless to this fact.

My employer pays $15K for my health insurance, which is 80% of the bill.  they throw in another $2K to cover the $5K deductible.  Bottom line, that $23K when you include my portion which answers a question you ask me a month ago.

A responsible person like myself could insure his family half 1/2 that.

But than, most arent; responsible.  many would piss away the money on disneyland and they cry their eyes out be an illness strikes.

so the problem isn't the free market.  Its the stupidity of the masses.  And that was Obama in a nutshell.  Protecting the right to be stupid with the tax dollars of the responsible
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:08 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Bottom, the GOP in Congress are about as stupid as the Democrats in Congress.  Re-Election is more important than serving the people.  And just wait until single payer.  Bye Bye wifey's family provided healthcare.  Hello attaching your annual physical to your 1040 because the rich and those who choose unhealthy life styles WILL BE forced to pay more.  NEWSFLASH, You and the Mrs are in at least one of those categories

Are other universal healthcare nations studying the physical and doctor records of their citizens?  If not, why should we assume that'll be our policy?

If I say Bye Bye to wifey's company healthcare because of universal healthcare taking over, I'll be thrilled.  We still pay a few grand a year, along with copays and a little bit of deductible.  If that goes away, that's fine, even if it means <<<GASP!!!!!>>>> I have to wait longer for care because some other poor sap can finally see a doctor.  God forbid if there's rationing and I have to SHARE my doctor with a poor person instead of being able to see my doctor NOW, while that poor person suffers.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:17 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

But than, most arent; responsible.  many would piss away the money on disneyland and they cry their eyes out be an illness strikes.

so the problem isn't the free market.  Its the stupidity of the masses.  And that was Obama in a nutshell.  Protecting the right to be stupid with the tax dollars of the responsible

I suppose that if I didn't have to pay local taxes, I could hire a tutor or teach my kids for less than fuckin' Aloha is getting paid to teach kids.  I could also hire a private fire prevention company to protect my house.  I could hire private cops and security guards to protect me to avoid paying so much in taxes to pay the local cops.  So yeah, in a hypothetical, perfect world, we'd all be vastly educated and manage all of these separate issues, including retirement income vs. SS, and health insurance in our 80's, and all the trickery of managing personal health insurance according to our needs, but then I'm not sure when we'd have time to go to our actual jobs if we're busy managing all of this shit.  Be great if the gov't could come up with a way to let us opt in or opt out.  Obama tried this, to a degree, with pushing the gov't option, but conservatives found a way to boot that out of the ACA.  I always thought the job of a fed gov't is promote the general welfare of the citizens.  Providing us with a single payer system so that we don't all have to run around and haggle with profit-sucking insurance companies seems to me like a pretty nice way promote said welfare.  Just saying..  
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:48 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Bottom, the GOP in Congress are about as stupid as the Democrats in Congress.  Re-Election is more important than serving the people.  And just wait until single payer.  Bye Bye wifey's family provided healthcare.  Hello attaching your annual physical to your 1040 because the rich and those who choose unhealthy life styles WILL BE forced to pay more.  NEWSFLASH, You and the Mrs are in at least one of those categories

Are other universal healthcare nations studying the physical and doctor records of their citizens?  If not, why should we assume that'll be our policy?

If I say Bye Bye to wifey's company healthcare because of universal healthcare taking over, I'll be thrilled.  We still pay a few grand a year, along with copays and a little bit of deductible.  If that goes away, that's fine, even if it means <<<GASP!!!!!>>>> I have to wait longer for care because some other poor sap can finally see a doctor.  God forbid if there's rationing and I have to SHARE my doctor with a poor person instead of being able to see my doctor NOW, while that poor person suffers.

I'll ask the question, and I'm not saying I'm on either of your sides, but how long are you willing to wait? Let's use the example you gave later on in the thread. Schools go away, at least public schools do. You are now either left with sending your kids to a private school, which, I would guess, would be able to enroll your kids or not based on a number of their own criteria; or you could hire a tutor to teach your kids. Because of that tutor's caseload, and the caseloads of the rest of the tutors out there, and everyone wanting the "one-on-one" tutoring coverage, your tutor may be able to come to your house once every two or three weeks (for the sake of argument). Assuming there are more tutors than doctors, you might be waiting much longer than that to see a doctor. How long are you willing to wait?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:51 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

I suppose that if I didn't have to pay local taxes, I could hire a tutor or teach my kids for less than fuckin' Aloha is getting paid to teach kids.  I could also hire a private fire prevention company to protect my house.  I could hire private cops and security guards to protect me to avoid paying so much in taxes to pay the local cops.  

You forgot about the private snow plow driver who you will follow to work and home from work during snow storms. You don't need those damned city or state workers to do it for you! Do you pay them by the job or the mile? Do they work on retainer like lawyers? Do they work for you only, or do they work for others and the only way you can be at the front of the line is by paying them more than the other guy.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:46 pm

alohafri wrote:

I'll ask the question, and I'm not saying I'm on either of your sides, but how long are you willing to wait? Let's use the example you gave later on in the thread. Schools go away, at least public schools do. You are now either left with sending your kids to a private school, which, I would guess, would be able to enroll your kids or not based on a number of their own criteria; or you could hire a tutor to teach your kids. Because of that tutor's caseload, and the caseloads of the rest of the tutors out there, and everyone wanting the "one-on-one" tutoring coverage, your tutor may be able to come to your house once every two or three weeks (for the sake of argument). Assuming there are more tutors than doctors, you might be waiting much longer than that to see a doctor. How long are you willing to wait?

The obvious answer to this question is that it very much depends on what's wrong with me as far as how long am I willing to wait.  Torn ACL, and need surgery right away?  Torn meniscus and I can still get by for a while as I wait for surgery?  Burst appendix and running the risk of sepsis in a few hours?  Need a knee replacement because it hurts when I bowl?  High fever?

I have an awful lot of friends in Canada, and about 3-4 buddies in England.  My brother in law lived for a long time in Belgium, Italy and Hong Kong.  All of them have told me the same things about their experiences.  Serious shit gets dealt with right away, just like in the US.  Semi-serious shit gets dealt with fairly quickly.  Non-serious shit gets dealt with when it gets dealt with. I've had a bunch of non-serious surgeries in the past ten years (2 hernias, 2 knees, 2 shoulders, and one foot).  I had to dick around with appointments, MRIs, Xrays, and eventually got my procedure done a couple/few months later.  My international friends tell me it's about the same way there.  Sometimes a bit longer, but as they put it, "the wait never seemed out of line with the seriousness of the need for treatment."  

Now, if we're having to wait 3 months for a needed-now heart surgery, or can't start chemo for 6 months because of everyone having to wait their turn, then I guess come back and ask me my opinion of single payer after that.  But seriously, if I have to suffer a delay so that some other poor sap can also get care, then that's life.  I wait in line at the store, at red lights, at the ski lift, at my favorite St. Charles burrito stand, so why the heck should I feel it's unfair to have to wait my turn for healthcare, especially if it's not an emergency?
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:49 pm

alohafri wrote:

You forgot about the private snow plow driver who you will follow to work and home from work during snow storms. You don't need those damned city or state workers to do it for you! Do you pay them by the job or the mile? Do they work on retainer like lawyers? Do they work for you only, or do they work for others and the only way you can be at the front of the line is by paying them more than the other guy.

Ok, I'll take this to mean, Kevin, that you "get it."  There are some things that are better done in mass quantity, and I'm not saying that it's clear that healthcare is one of those things...I'm just saying it's how I'd prefer it.  And of course, if you're one of my kids' teachers, then I want the private tutor instead, lest you fill their head with your filthy conservative/Repub/religious dogma and cost me a buncha tax money in the process.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:30 pm

alohafri wrote:

And really, never-mind how many friends I have that live in other countries where there's universal care.  That's a small sample size anyway.  Is there any kind of growing sentiment or clamor in any of these single payer countries to switch to a system like ours?  Granted, it's debatable as to whether there's a majority of single payer sentiment here, but there are plenty here who are ready for it (self included) and it's fair to say there's growing noise for it in the US.  If the waits and the service in universal coverage nations are below par, you'd think there'd be a clamor for a switch to private/self funded care, such as ours.  Seems there's no such clamor.  Seems those folks are pretty happy with it.  They fucking LOVE it in Canada.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:32 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

And really, never-mind how many friends I have that live in other countries where there's universal care.  That's a small sample size anyway.  Is there any kind of growing sentiment or clamor in any of these single payer countries to switch to a system like ours?  Granted, it's debatable as to whether there's a majority of single payer sentiment here, but there are plenty here who are ready for it (self included) and it's fair to say there's growing noise for it in the US.  If the waits and the service in universal coverage nations are below par, you'd think there'd be a clamor for a switch to private/self funded care, such as ours.  Seems there's no such clamor.  Seems those folks are pretty happy with it.  They fucking LOVE it in Canada.

Maybe there's no clamor to switch because there is no way to switch, no support from the socialist prime minister to switch. 

There are plenty of people here who don't want it. So you have more say because you know a few people in Canada who like it? 
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:43 am

alohafri wrote:

Maybe there's no clamor to switch because there is no way to switch, no support from the socialist prime minister to switch. 

There are plenty of people here who don't want it. So you have more say because you know a few people in Canada who like it? 

My only point regarding folks (that I know) in Canada is that none of them has a negative thing to say about their system.  It's not a scientific thing.  it's an observation.  Also an observation is that in Canada, they vote every few years as to who is their most important/heroic/admired figure, and they continually vote for the dude that established their single payer system.  So it's more than just the couple of dozen contacts I have up there.  It's the majority of their country.  

Plenty here don't want it.  Perhaps a majority don't want it.  But that's changing and will continue to change.  Soon enough people will be like "um, wait, WTF wouldn't I want a universal healthcare system?"  Not sure when the dam will break, but it's beginning to crack right now, and much of it is due to this last 6 months of failed push to kill ACA.  They've brought a lot of attention to the issue.  The best way to avoid single payer would have been to shore up ACA and make it legitimately able to carry forward and work.  Now that they are trying to sabotage it by underfunding and under-promoting it, they're going to have to come up with something else soon.  

I foresee the first step being to lower the Medicare age to 55 or 60.  This will do a couple of good things.  It lowers the per-person cost of Medicare, by bringing in younger, healthier people.  It also helps stabilize premiums for ACA users, since it removes the oldest and typically sickest folks from their pool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 pm