Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    Lowering the debt and deficit

    Share
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2546
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:49 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:AND HOW STUPID IS THE REST OF THIS BOARD NOT TO UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE CONCEPT


    THE KARK'S employer pays $15K a year for my families insurance.  That's 80%.  I pay the other 20%, or $3K.  They also pay the first $2K of my $5K deductible


    Prior to Obamacare, I could have got a $10K deductible policy for $200 a month.  You don't have to be a savant teaching math to middle schoolers to calculate that overall dollars spent by employer and employee are now roughly twice as much.


    In fact, if my employer just gave me the $17K and the government allowed me to choose the type of insurance I want, the years my family rarely goes to the doctor would mean an extra $20K in my pocket!!!!


    This is what many a CPA firms were doing in 2005.  Saving them and there clients big bucks.


    That is how the free market works.  That is why many feel all we need is a simply repeal.  and fuck that arrogance Schmuck who thinks his ears know more than my eyes.  The KARK seen it work.  ROBZ just hears what he wants to hear.

    You also don't have to be a math whiz to figure out that a $ 10K deductible discourages people from routine doctor visits which ultimately costs the system more money when people let bad conditions linger and they turn into big problems.  
    Using your own personal example and saying what you want personally is good for the population as a whole is the heighth of arrogance.  Your family is fortunate that you don't have a child with a condition that has to see the doctor 6-7 times a year or a spouse that has diabetes. So quit trying to fit everyone into this "we should all behave like CPA's" nonsense.  
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:59 pm

    rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:AND HOW STUPID IS THE REST OF THIS BOARD NOT TO UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE CONCEPT


    THE KARK'S employer pays $15K a year for my families insurance.  That's 80%.  I pay the other 20%, or $3K.  They also pay the first $2K of my $5K deductible


    Prior to Obamacare, I could have got a $10K deductible policy for $200 a month.  You don't have to be a savant teaching math to middle schoolers to calculate that overall dollars spent by employer and employee are now roughly twice as much.


    In fact, if my employer just gave me the $17K and the government allowed me to choose the type of insurance I want, the years my family rarely goes to the doctor would mean an extra $20K in my pocket!!!!


    This is what many a CPA firms were doing in 2005.  Saving them and there clients big bucks.


    That is how the free market works.  That is why many feel all we need is a simply repeal.  and fuck that arrogance Schmuck who thinks his ears know more than my eyes.  The KARK seen it work.  ROBZ just hears what he wants to hear.

    You also don't have to be a math whiz to figure out that a $ 10K deductible discourages people from routine doctor visits which ultimately costs the system more money when people let bad conditions linger and they turn into big problems.  
    Using your own personal example and saying what you want personally is good for the population as a whole is the heighth of arrogance.  Your family is fortunate that you don't have a child with a condition that has to see the doctor 6-7 times a year or a spouse that has diabetes. So quit trying to fit everyone into this "we should all behave like CPA's" nonsense.  


    LEARN HOW TO READ JACK ASS!!!!!!


    IN THE ABOVE EXAMPLE, THE PEOPLE JUST GOT A $17K RAISE!!!!!!


    NO WONDER YOU SUCK AS AN ANALYST
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:02 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:Show me the GOP politician that's saying in plain words that we were better off before ACA.  That having a free market where some live and some die was better than what we have now.  I don't see anyone saying it, regardless of all of your bluster and swearing.


    THE MATH IS THE MATH


    WHO GIVES A RATS ASS WHAT POLITICANS ARE SAYING OR NOT SAYING


    JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HOW INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST YOU ARE


    THE KARK PROVES YOU WRONG, AND YOU CHANGE THE SUBJECT


    AGAIN, THE MATH IS THE MATH.


    THE LIE POLITICIANS TELL TO GET VOTES DOES NOT CHANGE THAT
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:04 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:BACK IN 2007 OVER 80% OF THE NATION WAS HAPPY WITH THEIR OWN PERSONAL HEALTHCARE


    Which means that about 60 million Americans were unhappy.  What's 60 million people, give or take a few million?


    240 IS GREATER THAN 60 EINSTEIN


    I SUPPOSE ITS BETTER TO HAVE A QUARTER MILLION UNHAPPY


    YOU REALLY ARE ONE STUPID FUCK
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:19 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    WE DIDN'T HAVE TO TRIPLE INSURANCE COSTS JUST TO COVER THE 5-10% WITH PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS!!!!


    Perhaps we didn't need to so grossly increase costs, but we sure as hell needed to find a way to help those with pre-existing conditions.  So maybe after you wipe the stupid froth and spittle off of your mouth, you can begin wondering and figuring out how we lower costs while continuing to cover the 5-10% with pre existing conditions.  I'll sit back and wait for Congress to do that, since they've already concluded a repeal doesn't work for them.  




    AGAIN YOU SHOW YOUR ARROGANCE AND IGNORANCE


    IN 2009 SOMETHING SIMILIAR TO FOOD STAMPS FOR THESE PEOPLE WHERE SUGGESTED.


    THEN ALL THESE PEOPLE HAD TO DO WAS SHOW UP AT JAY'S OR TIM'S OFFICE, AND HAND THEM THE DOCTOR STAMPS AND THAT COVERED THE COST OF TREATMENT.


    *****************************************


    BUT DON'T WORRY ROBZ


    SINCE THE GOP COMPLETELY FUCKED UP THE REPEAL AND BECAUSE THE REAL REASON THE GOP DOESN'T TRUST THE FREE MARKET IS BECAUSE A GOVT SOLUTION PUTS MONEY IN THEIR POCKETS, I'M QUITE SURE SINGLE PAYER IS ON THE WAY


    THAT IS, UNTIL POLITICAL FANBOYS LIKE YOU AND ROSEBOWL REALIZE THAT SINGLE PAYER IS MEANT FOR EVERYBODY AND YOUR CADILLAC PLANS WILL NO LONGER BE EXEMPTED.  NOPE, ABOVE IT ROB WILL HAVE TO WAIT IN THE SAME LINE AS WILLY WHEN HE NEEDS A DOCTOR BECAUSE EVERY EMPLOYER WILL DROP THEIR GROUP INSURANCE LIKE A HOT POTATOE.  AND THAT'S ASSUMING PEOPLE STILL BECOME DOCTORS.  IN ORDER FOR A SINGLE PAYER SYSTEM TO FUNCTION EFFICIENTLY, DOCTORS WILL NEED TO BECOME FEDERAL EMPLOYEES.  NOT SURE THE PEOPLE WITH THE BRAINS TO BECOME DOCTORS WILL WANT TO SPEND ALL THOSE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS JUST TO END UP AS GLORIFIED POSTAL WORKERS


    AND THE KARK IS PRAYING TO GOD THAT TRUMP CALLS UP SCHMUCK CHUMER AND PROMISES HIM SINGLE PAYER IN EXCHANGE FOR TAX CUTS


    I AM LITERALLY LMAO AT THE THOUGHT THAT THE PROGRESSIVE WET DREAM WOULD BE DELIVERED BY DONALD TRUMP.  JUST PICTURING YOUR HEAD EXPLODING  BRINGS JOY TO MY HEART
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2546
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:59 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:AND HOW STUPID IS THE REST OF THIS BOARD NOT TO UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE CONCEPT


    THE KARK'S employer pays $15K a year for my families insurance.  That's 80%.  I pay the other 20%, or $3K.  They also pay the first $2K of my $5K deductible


    Prior to Obamacare, I could have got a $10K deductible policy for $200 a month.  You don't have to be a savant teaching math to middle schoolers to calculate that overall dollars spent by employer and employee are now roughly twice as much.


    In fact, if my employer just gave me the $17K and the government allowed me to choose the type of insurance I want, the years my family rarely goes to the doctor would mean an extra $20K in my pocket!!!!

    This is what many a CPA firms were doing in 2005.  Saving them and there clients big bucks.


    That is how the free market works.  That is why many feel all we need is a simply repeal.  and fuck that arrogance Schmuck who thinks his ears know more than my eyes.  The KARK seen it work.  ROBZ just hears what he wants to hear.

    You also don't have to be a math whiz to figure out that a $ 10K deductible discourages people from routine doctor visits which ultimately costs the system more money when people let bad conditions linger and they turn into big problems.  
    Using your own personal example and saying what you want personally is good for the population as a whole is the heighth of arrogance.  Your family is fortunate that you don't have a child with a condition that has to see the doctor 6-7 times a year or a spouse that has diabetes. So quit trying to fit everyone into this "we should all behave like CPA's" nonsense.  

     fact, if my employer just gave me the $17K and the government allowed me to choose the type of insurance I want, the years my family rarely goes to the doctor would mean an extra $20K in my pocket!!!!

    LEARN HOW TO READ JACK ASS!!!!!!


    IN THE ABOVE EXAMPLE, THE PEOPLE JUST GOT A $17K RAISE!!!!!!


    NO WONDER YOU SUCK AS AN ANALYST


    Speaking of math and analytical ability, Mr. CPA, how do you figure it's a " $ 20,000 in your pocket"  ? 
    Even if you could get a $ 200 per month plan (which you can't because you're older now) your independently bought new premiums are only $ 600 less than what you contribute now so you only save the $ 17,000 the employer gives you plus the $ 600 lesser premium contribution, not $ 20,000....You're always so prissy about accuracy and precision in math, so take your own advice. !!!!!

    Besides, it is hard to believe insurance companies who are taking in $ 15,000 premiums for you now would take $ 12,500 less in premiums for a $ 5,000 higher deductible.   The math doesn't work for them. In short, saving all this money because of an alleged $ 200 month premium looks unrealistic. 

    Plus, wouldn't whatever the employer gives you in excess of the current max $ 6700 HSA allotment be considered taxable income to you ?  Thus further reducing your "in pocket" savings..
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7446
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:05 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:


    240 IS GREATER THAN 60 EINSTEIN


    I SUPPOSE ITS BETTER TO HAVE A QUARTER MILLION UNHAPPY


    YOU REALLY ARE ONE STUPID FUCK

    If being seriously concerned about the health and welfare of 60 million people makes me stupid, then I'm VERY stupid.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7446
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:17 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    THAT IS, UNTIL POLITICAL FANBOYS LIKE YOU AND ROSEBOWL REALIZE THAT SINGLE PAYER IS MEANT FOR EVERYBODY AND YOUR CADILLAC PLANS WILL NO LONGER BE EXEMPTED.  NOPE, ABOVE IT ROB WILL HAVE TO WAIT IN THE SAME LINE AS WILLY WHEN HE NEEDS A DOCTOR BECAUSE EVERY EMPLOYER WILL DROP THEIR GROUP INSURANCE LIKE A HOT POTATOE.  AND THAT'S ASSUMING PEOPLE STILL BECOME DOCTORS.  IN ORDER FOR A SINGLE PAYER SYSTEM TO FUNCTION EFFICIENTLY, DOCTORS WILL NEED TO BECOME FEDERAL EMPLOYEES.  NOT SURE THE PEOPLE WITH THE BRAINS TO BECOME DOCTORS WILL WANT TO SPEND ALL THOSE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS JUST TO END UP AS GLORIFIED POSTAL WORKERS

    Maybe you don't know this, but I would GLADLY wait longer in line and accept lesser service if it means single payer, or means that everyone is now insured and can feel secure in that they have health insurance.  I call it sacrifice.  Glad to do it.  Sign me up.  It would warm my heart to stand in that longer line.  Maybe this is a difference between a progressive and a conservative.  Not really sure.  There's probably no possible way to insure another 30 million people without some kind of additional cost, additional wait, additional reduction in quality, or a combination thereof.  Nothing is free.  We're the richest country in the world.  We can do this.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:47 am

    Speaking of math and analytical ability, Mr. CPA, how do you figure it's a " $ 20,000 in your pocket"  ? 


    *************************


    ROUNDING
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:36 am

    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    THAT IS, UNTIL POLITICAL FANBOYS LIKE YOU AND ROSEBOWL REALIZE THAT SINGLE PAYER IS MEANT FOR EVERYBODY AND YOUR CADILLAC PLANS WILL NO LONGER BE EXEMPTED.  NOPE, ABOVE IT ROB WILL HAVE TO WAIT IN THE SAME LINE AS WILLY WHEN HE NEEDS A DOCTOR BECAUSE EVERY EMPLOYER WILL DROP THEIR GROUP INSURANCE LIKE A HOT POTATOE.  AND THAT'S ASSUMING PEOPLE STILL BECOME DOCTORS.  IN ORDER FOR A SINGLE PAYER SYSTEM TO FUNCTION EFFICIENTLY, DOCTORS WILL NEED TO BECOME FEDERAL EMPLOYEES.  NOT SURE THE PEOPLE WITH THE BRAINS TO BECOME DOCTORS WILL WANT TO SPEND ALL THOSE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS JUST TO END UP AS GLORIFIED POSTAL WORKERS

    Maybe you don't know this, but I would GLADLY wait longer in line and accept lesser service if it means single payer, or means that everyone is now insured and can feel secure in that they have health insurance.  I call it sacrifice.  Glad to do it.  Sign me up.  It would warm my heart to stand in that longer line.  Maybe this is a difference between a progressive and a conservative.  Not really sure.  There's probably no possible way to insure another 30 million people without some kind of additional cost, additional wait, additional reduction in quality, or a combination thereof.  Nothing is free.  We're the richest country in the world.  We can do this.


    LET ME EXPLAIN IT TO YOU IN ADULT MODE


    Can we do this?  Yes.  But I get the feeling you are vastly over simplifying it.  You suggest that progressives are happy to wait in line to help other while conservatives aren't.  and you wonder why I get pissed at you and call you names.  You have no idea how much longer that line will be.  Is it 1 hour, 1 day, 1 month, 1 year?!?!?!?!?!?  At some point your warm and fuzzy heart will turn cold.


    Another thing, the issue isn't health insurance, which is the bait and switch of progressives.  Its healthcare.  You can brag about Europe and Canada and even Cuba, but when push comes to shove, All the people try to figure out how to come to America.  Just ask the parents of Charlie Gard.  The Affordable Care Act turned out to be extremely unaffordable.  Just like conservatives said.  How do we know single payer doesn't lead to death panels, just like the conservatives say?  And how many Charlie Gard situations will we have because parent are too busy warming their hearts in lines that never existed b4?


    So Mr RobZ, its not that us conservative are too lazy or selfish or cheap to pay extra in order to wait longer just to make sure everybody gets taken care of.  Its conservatives are concerned that chasing pipedreams that don't work will screw up a system that works for 80% of us, into a system that fails 80% of us.  


    But if you really really really want to do this, I would think the following would have to be done:


    1)  Put all the insurance companies out of business.  After all, single payer means single payer
    2)  Tax businesses something like $10K per employee.  Your wife get $19,200 from her boss according to you.  Now that insurance companies are out of business, your wife's boss now has an extra $19K per employee.  This will need to be paid to the government to fund healthcare.  Its also the least disruptive.  Your wife's boss had to spend the $19K regardless.  So he's still spending the same.  Your wife is still earning the same and your healthcare is still paid for
    3)  Doctors, nurses, and other healthcare providers need to become federal employees.  Its called cutting out the middle man.  Its called reducing overhead.  If a doctor is working for the fed directly, then he doesn't need a clerk submitting and verifying payments to/from the single party system.  You do realize that right now the healthcare system also includes bookkeepers and other administrative staff that have nothing to do with actually providing care.  While some will be absorbed by the newly created dept of single payer, most will need to find a new line of work.
    4)  Nobody is exempt.  Everybody is in the same pool.  That is why insurance companies need to go out of business.  That is why doctors need to become federal employees.  Exempting groups, or allowing doctors to work outside the system reduces the efficency of the system.  The purpose of insurance is to have everybody pay a little, so nobody pays alot.  You achieve that by maximizing the size of your population pool.  That is the idea behind the individual mandate.


    That all said, the biggest trick to really make it all work is finding doctors.  The doctors shortage in the US is well documented.  We as a society need to figure out how to encourage more people to become doctors.  Personally, I don't know why anybody that smart would want to spend all that time and all the money in order to learn a skill set that the masses expect should be given to them for free.  But then, that's just me.  and all the millenials that think they are better off becoming nurse practioners.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7446
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:23 pm

    Mind you, I'm not requesting longer waits and longer lines for treatment, but it's a compromise and sacrifice I'm willing to make.  You can take the political liberal/conservative ideology out of the discussion and just accept that to be the case.  When I hear the term "single payer" or "universal care" I don't immediately respond with wondering how this will hurt me, or how much longer I'll wait, or how my family will be harmed.  I respond by imagining a country where we can all worry about more important things than whether we can afford medical care.  


    I would like to see actual stats for folks that come to the US for care from places like Canada.  I have a long list of friends and acquaintances in Canada, who I visit quite frequently and communicate with regularly.  They all talk about their healthcare system as if it needs improvement but that they very much like it, respect it, and are thankful for it.  Never have any of them wished aloud that they had our system.  None of them.  None of them report ever having come here or wanted to come here for treatment.  They mostly fear getting treatment here because they've heard about our outrageously priced treatment.  Surely, my little sample size of 20-30 Canadians can't really, fully do this conversation justice, but you'd think some or even one of them would have come here for something, or would know someone that had done so.  Instead, they know of Americans that flood there for prescription drugs.  We have Americans that flood over borders into Mexico for dental treatment.  My Canadian friends note short waits or no waits for essential treatments, and longer waits (30-90 days) for non-essential treatments such as a knee replacement or a repair of a non-threatening hernia.  


    Is it a coincidence that the founder of the Canadian healthcare system is considered their most respected historical figure?  He's their historical hero.  They probably built a statue of the guy.  Tommy Douglas.  


    Not really arguing against the rest of your comments.  Many of them are perfectly fair and reasoned.  If we ever get to a point of transitioning to universal Medicare, it's going to be an unbelievably complex and difficult undertaking.  I can't even imagine it, nor do I imagine it.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:22 pm

    Mind you, I'm not requesting longer waits and longer lines for treatment, but it's a compromise and sacrifice I'm willing to make.  You can take the political liberal/conservative ideology out of the discussion and just accept that to be the case.  When I hear the term "single payer" or "universal care" I don't immediately respond with wondering how this will hurt me, or how much longer I'll wait, or how my family will be harmed.  I respond by imagining a country where we can all worry about more important things than whether we can afford medical care.  


    ******************************************



    Sounds to me like you are dismissing my concerns as minor inconveniences.  Not to mention how you not only sound smug, but misinformed with your statement about how we shouldn't have to worry about affording medical care.  California just shot down a single payer system due to cost.  Something about doubling spending.  Any serious article about a national plan suggests similar doubling.  So how can you claim we shouldn't have to worry about cost?!?!?  single payer will cost $10 billion a day.  That's on top of the $10 billion a day we already spend.




    You say you can't imagine it.  then how can you support it?  seems to me you are buying into all the claims of good while dismissing the bad as minor inconvenience.  Well I am trying to imagine it.  How do we double federal spending, which means doubling taxation without screwing up the entire country?  And spare me Canada and Europe.  The main reason they can afford their social programs is that the USA has their back militarily.


    And just why shouldn't we have to worry about healthcare?  We have to worry about educating our kids, retirement and a whole bunch of other things.  Why not single payer college?  Why not giving everybody twice the socalled living wage in retirement instead of some percentage of what they earned?  Is saving for a rainy day now obsolete?  Is the better solution just giving 90% of what we earn to big gov in exchange for free food, free healthcare, free housing, free college, free cable and free cell phones?  Maybe you should start imagining and start thinking about the cause and effect of what you claim are no brainers.  And yes, this is the impression you have given on these message boards in the almost two decades I have known you
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7446
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:37 pm

    I can't imagine it because I don't envision it happening.  

    Doubling of cost?  Not sure how that could be.  Healthcare expense is 18% of GDP.  I assume you're not suggesting it'll double to 36%.  Taking out the profit motive, in my view, should serve to reduce overall expense from 18% of GDP to something at least minimally lower.  17%?  16%?  I assume your talk about cost doubling is just referring to our current gov't healthcare costs (Medicare and Medicaid) doubling if including all else.  Ok.  I would expect that, and I'd expect taxes to go up in order to cover those costs.  Those revenues would come either from employers, or employees, or whever, but my general belief is that in the end it ends up being the same or less money out of the pockets of the overall public for single payer, considering that most countries do it for 10-14% of GDP.  And for the record, and contrary to your claim, I never said "we shouldn't have to worry about cost."  We most certainly do need to worry or be concerned, but it's manageable.  

    The fact that we have a stronger military than Canada or Great Britain is not really a viable reason to leave our citizens wanting in the realm of healthcare needs.  We're the most wealthy nation in the world.  No reason why we can't prioritize both the military and the social welfare needs of our citizens.  It can be done, whether or not anyone has the will. 

    Single payer college sounds great to me, with some caveats.  Let's do it.  Guaranteed income?  That's fine but seeing as how we have safety net programs, I'm not sure I understand combining the two.  It could be made to work, whether you or I advocate for it or not.  Doing that would surely reconfigure the economy, and create some inflation, but it'd sure add to our rate of consumption on a permanent basis, and that would create jobs and growth.  That's not me advocating FOR IT, but it could be accomplished without blowing us up.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:05 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:I can't imagine it because I don't envision it happening.  



    CORRECT, YOU DON'T IMAGINE IT


    YOU APPARENTLY JUST HUMM JOHN LENNON'S IMAGE TO YOURSELF


    YOU CLAIM YOU DON'T IMAGINE, THEN RECITE A BUNCH OF LEFTWING NONSENSE GIVING THE IMPRESSION ITS EASY.


    MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY TO IMAGINE IT INSTEAD OF SPEWING YOUR TYPICAL NONSENSE


    DITTO YOUR BAD MATH.


    ROUGHLY 1/6 OF THE ECONOMY IS HEALTHCARE.  1/6 OF $18TRIL IS 3TRIL.  WHAT ARE WE SPENDING NOW?  $4TRIL.  PARDON MY ROUNDING ERROR


    AND JUST WHY IN THE BLUE HELL SHOULD WE PROVIDE FREE HEALTHCARE?!?!?!?!?


    WHEN YOU LOOK AT WHO'S DRIVING INNOVATION AND ADVANCEMENTS IN TECHNOLOGY, IS IT THE GOVERNMENT YOU LOVE SO MUCH, OR IS IT THOSE EVIL CORPORATIONS LIKE GOOGLE OR APPLE?!?!?!?


    LOOK AT ALL THE FREE MARKET HAS GIVEN US IN THE PAST 150 YEARS.  PLANES, TRAINS, AUTOMOBILES TO THE INTERNET, HOME COMPUTING, AND CELL PHONES THAT HAVE THE WHOLE WORLD CONNECTED TO ONE ANOTHER.  IN A DECADE WE WILL HAVE DRIVERLESS CARES AND ROBOT CAREGIVERS.  THIS IS ALL DONE IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR!!!!!  AND YOU WANT THE STIFFLE THE POWER OF THE FREE MARKET BECAUSE YOU LACK THE IMAGINATION TO SEE HOW TO MAKE THINGS WORK.


    NOT TO MENTION THAT YOU ARE SO ARROGANT THAT YOU REFUSE TO BELIEVE ANYTHING BEYOND YOU SIMPLE COMPREHENSION
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7446
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:40 pm

    Wow, that's a lotta yappin over me not being able to imagine the U.S. going to single payer.  LOL.  Party on, Garth.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:08 am

    Typical RobZ

    As soon as his flawed logic gets exposed, he slips into nonchalant frat boy mode

    PS, when you do imagine it, don't forget to imagine paying $70K for a Honda Civic.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7446
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:08 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Typical RobZ

    As soon as his flawed logic gets exposed, he slips into nonchalant frat boy mode

    PS, when you do imagine it, don't forget to imagine paying $70K for a Honda Civic.

    I'll keep that in mind.  I was just commenting to wifey yesterday about wanting to get an electric vehicle soon.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:37 am

    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Typical RobZ

    As soon as his flawed logic gets exposed, he slips into nonchalant frat boy mode

    PS, when you do imagine it, don't forget to imagine paying $70K for a Honda Civic.

    I'll keep that in mind.  I was just commenting to wifey yesterday about wanting to get an electric vehicle soon.


    A LEADING TECH EXPERT CLAIMS THAT CAR WILL DRIVE ITSELF BY 2025.


    NOW IF A CAR CAN DRIVE ITSELF, WOULD THAT MAKE DUI'S AS RELEVANT AS THE PONY EXPRESS?
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7446
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:59 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:

    A LEADING TECH EXPERT CLAIMS THAT CAR WILL DRIVE ITSELF BY 2025.


    NOW IF A CAR CAN DRIVE ITSELF, WOULD THAT MAKE DUI'S AS RELEVANT AS THE PONY EXPRESS?

    I thought Uber did away with DUI's.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:10 am

    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

    A LEADING TECH EXPERT CLAIMS THAT CAR WILL DRIVE ITSELF BY 2025.


    NOW IF A CAR CAN DRIVE ITSELF, WOULD THAT MAKE DUI'S AS RELEVANT AS THE PONY EXPRESS?

    I thought Uber did away with DUI's.

    BUT THIS WAY, YOU CAN BE ALL BY YOURSELF AND CRANK THE MUSIC UP AS LOAD AS YOU WANT

    Sponsored content

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:37 pm