Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    Lowering the debt and deficit

    Share
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7343
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:32 am

    Ok, so we have Repub majorities across Congress and a GOP president.  After listening to a decade of hair on fire screaming about the deficits and the debts and fiscal responsibility, when do the Repubs in Congress write the bills that will cut the spending that will fix the debt and the deficit?  I think they can do it with a simple majority by way of using Reconciliation as a means to avoid any filibuster from the left.  How come this hasn't been mentioned in 8-9 months of Trump presidency?  I thought this was a huge deal.  
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2413
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by rmapasad on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:Ok, so we have Repub majorities across Congress and a GOP president.  After listening to a decade of hair on fire screaming about the deficits and the debts and fiscal responsibility, when do the Repubs in Congress write the bills that will cut the spending that will fix the debt and the deficit?  I think they can do it with a simple majority by way of using Reconciliation as a means to avoid any filibuster from the left.  How come this hasn't been mentioned in 8-9 months of Trump presidency?  I thought this was a huge deal.  


    Even though Republicans have complete control don't look for balanced budgets anytime soon.  Considering Trump's plans for infrastructure spending, defense increases, and huge tax cuts Republicans know the debt ceiling has to go up.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1704
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:02 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:Ok, so we have Repub majorities across Congress and a GOP president.  After listening to a decade of hair on fire screaming about the deficits and the debts and fiscal responsibility, when do the Repubs in Congress write the bills that will cut the spending that will fix the debt and the deficit?  I think they can do it with a simple majority by way of using Reconciliation as a means to avoid any filibuster from the left.  How come this hasn't been mentioned in 8-9 months of Trump presidency?  I thought this was a huge deal.  



    for once, the KARK agrees with you 100%


    the Republican controlled House and the Republican controlled Senate have been massive disappointments.


    as a group, they clearly lack the balls to make any difficult choices.  Plus I'm quite certain both sides of the aisle are buying votes with our tax dollars, meaning any real cuts renigging on those deals means kissing those votes away next election meaning find another day job.


    That one of the reason Trumps was alluring to the masses.  Supposedly he was not bought and paid for meaning he wouldn't give a crap who ended up on the short end of the stick.  However, its quite obvious now that Trump never transitioned the big concepts most American can get behind into the nuts and bolts details needed to actually get it done.  i also believe that Trump was under the impression that those details weren't necessary because the GOP was working on this for 7 years and just about all the heavy lifting was done.


    And that is what is so sickening.  Paul Ryan is suppose to be this budget wonk genius.  Where was the repeal of Obamacare?  Where was the rewrite of the tax code?  Where were list of spending cuts?  Quite obvious now the Republicans outright lied to us and they never had the intention, much less a plan, to get any of this stuff done.


    We should be hitting that $20 trillion debt mark with a month or so.  Trump should throw a massive party to celebrate such a truly historic achievement
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1704
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:06 pm

    Personally, if I'm Trump, I call up Chuck Schumer and tell him I'll sign single payer if you get me permaneant tax and spending cuts


    And when you consider how the GOP utterly failed him, if I'm Trump I announce I'm going back to being a Democrat.  As if their really is a difference between the two
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1704
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:24 pm

    BTW MR ROBZ


    THE REAL REASON NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THIS IS THAT YOUR SIDE OF THE AISLE IS OBSESSED WITH FAKE NEWS ABOUT RUSSIAN AND MAKING A MOUNTAIN OUT OF THAT WHITE SUPREMACY MOLE HILL.


    MAYBE YOU SHOULD EMAIL RACHEL MADDOW.  I'M SURE SHE'D LOVE POINTING OUT THE HYPOCRISCY OF THE USELESS PIECES OF CRAP THAT MAKE UP THE MAJORITY OF THE DC-GOP.  MIGHT EVEN MAKE THE BITCH SOUND SANE FOR ONCE
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

    Posts : 992
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:03 pm

    Who is DEFENDING the FAMILY and GOD in Washington?


    Is Donny getting any strange pussy on the side???
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

    Posts : 992
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:04 pm

    Who is DEFENDING the FAMILY and GOD in Washington?


    Is Donny getting any strange pussy on the side???
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2413
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by rmapasad on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:19 pm



    THE REAL REASON NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THIS IS THAT YOUR SIDE OF THE AISLE IS OBSESSED WITH FAKE NEWS ABOUT RUSSIAN AND MAKING A MOUNTAIN OUT OF THAT WHITE SUPREMACY MOLE HILL.

    As to white supremacy "mountain", that was a fairly small hill after he read a prepared statement on a Monday. But instead of leaving it at that, the real Donnie had to let it all hang out the next day at that press conference.  It was Republicans coming down as hard on him as anyone.  But like always, Donnie has to blame his self-inflicted wounds on someone else- and the media and the left are easy targets.  Plus "disloyal" Republicans.  
    This will all blow over just as the flap about his comments on the Mexican judge, the Moslem war hero father and pussy grabbing all did.   At spme point, he'll say some stupid stuff again that will start up a new round.  It's in his nature.  
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1704
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:00 pm

    Hawk Harrelson wrote:Who is DEFENDING the FAMILY and GOD in Washington?


    Is Donny getting any strange pussy on the side???



    Robert,


    If Trump is getting any pussy on the side, I highly doubt that it would be strange pussy.  Given his wealth, fame, and past history, any side pussy will be super model hot


    As to defending God and Family, it certainly isn't happening in the 9th circuit where praying silently in public has just been declared illegal




    XOXOXOX
    THE KARK
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1704
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:07 pm

    rmapasad wrote:


    THE REAL REASON NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THIS IS THAT YOUR SIDE OF THE AISLE IS OBSESSED WITH FAKE NEWS ABOUT RUSSIAN AND MAKING A MOUNTAIN OUT OF THAT WHITE SUPREMACY MOLE HILL.

    As to white supremacy "mountain", that was a fairly small hill after he read a prepared statement on a Monday. But instead of leaving it at that, the real Donnie had to let it all hang out the next day at that press conference.  It was Republicans coming down as hard on him as anyone.  But like always, Donnie has to blame his self-inflicted wounds on someone else- and the media and the left are easy targets.  Plus "disloyal" Republicans.  
    This will all blow over just as the flap about his comments on the Mexican judge, the Moslem war hero father and pussy grabbing all did.   At spme point, he'll say some stupid stuff again that will start up a new round.  It's in his nature.  



    Again you contradict yourself.


    Mountains don't blow over.  Mole hills do.


    Despite all his obvious faults, Donald Trump is a gift from God.


    Unfortunately, far too many are looking this gift horse in the mouth.


    Probably because most people are afraid of what will happen if the high horse they sit on was ever forced to move.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2413
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by rmapasad on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:08 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:

    Again you contradict yourself.
    Mountains don't blow over.  Mole hills do.
    Despite all his obvious faults, Donald Trump is a gift from God.
    Unfortunately, far too many are looking this gift horse in the mouth.
    Probably because most people are afraid of what will happen if the high horse they sit on was ever forced to move.

    Less than a year ago, everyone was buzzing about the tape of him bragging about grabbing pussy.  It was all over the media for a couple weeks.  Is this brought up anymore ? 
    Trump's problem isn't that people keep bringing back the same shit on him, but rather that he can't refrain from stupid inappropriate behavior and comments. So he'll constantly be getting his (well-deserved) ration of shit for his unforced errors.  He's a "gift of God" to comedians for sure.
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

    Posts : 992
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:43 pm

    The asshole has insulted the Speaker of the House, the Majority Leader of the Senate and two Senators from Arizona.  ALL Republicans.


    He is fucking clueless.  A dumb fuck bully.  No class.


    Puts KETCHUP on STEAK!!
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7126
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by alohafri on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:26 pm

    Hawk Harrelson wrote:The asshole has insulted the Speaker of the House, the Majority Leader of the Senate and two Senators from Arizona.  ALL Republicans.


    He is fucking clueless.  A dumb fuck bully.  No class.


    Puts KETCHUP on STEAK!!

    And people complain about ketchup on a hot dog!
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7343
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:14 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:BTW MR ROBZ


    THE REAL REASON NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THIS IS THAT YOUR SIDE OF THE AISLE IS OBSESSED WITH FAKE NEWS ABOUT RUSSIAN AND MAKING A MOUNTAIN OUT OF THAT WHITE SUPREMACY MOLE HILL.


    MAYBE YOU SHOULD EMAIL RACHEL MADDOW.  I'M SURE SHE'D LOVE POINTING OUT THE HYPOCRISCY OF THE USELESS PIECES OF CRAP THAT MAKE UP THE MAJORITY OF THE DC-GOP.  MIGHT EVEN MAKE THE BITCH SOUND SANE FOR ONCE



    How does anyone know if Russia is fake news.  Maybe that's how it'll shake out, and maybe he'll be tied to some illegal collusion.  I don't really know.  It's not high on my radar, but from the sounds of it, they seem to be coming closer and closer to building a tie between the Trump campaign and Russian dealing and collusion toward the theft of the DNC email.  


    As I see it, this Russian connection crap is like the Hillary email scandal.  The email scandal amounted to zilch from a legal perspective, but it killed all of her potential political capital.  It wouldn't die.  It was a drip campaign against her.  Now you are unhappy that there's a drip campaign going against Trump that might amount to nothing legally?  Take your medicine and like it, fool.  Trump sure sounds nervous about this Russia investigation.  Sort of like a cornered animal in terms of how he's handling it.  Hillary never sounded the least bit nervous about the email investigation against her.  And it amounted to nothing legally.  Trump's getting buggy.  My guess is he knows there's some shit coming down the hill.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7343
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:19 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:

    And that is what is so sickening.  Paul Ryan is suppose to be this budget wonk genius.  Where was the repeal of Obamacare?  Where was the rewrite of the tax code?  Where were list of spending cuts?  Quite obvious now the Republicans outright lied to us and they never had the intention, much less a plan, to get any of this stuff done.


    There's a reason ACA isn't repealed yet.  Show me a Repub politician that's saying we were better off before we had ACA.  Who says it?  I never hear it.  I've not heard it.  No Repub says it publicly.  that's because they know it's an improvement and that we're better off having it than not having it, and that, my friend, is why they couldn't repeal it.  The nation will move forward on healthcare when the GOP finally just fucking admits this and agrees that since the ACA is better than no ACA, it's high time we make it better. They won't say it was better before we had ACA because they know that's not true.  And they won't say it's better that we have ACA because their dopey base will get all pissy.  So onward we go....


    Last edited by Soxillinirob on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

    Posts : 992
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 am

    I truly have no time for these Trumpsters and their Fanboy style hero worship.


    The belief in any Nation as some kind of mystical place where a carnival barker is going to make things just wonderful is ludicrous.
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

    Posts : 992
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 am

    I truly have no time for these Trumpsters and their Fanboy style hero worship.


    The belief in any Nation as some kind of mystical place where a carnival barker is going to make things just wonderful is ludicrous.
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

    Posts : 992
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:18 am

    God is PUNISHING Texas!!


    THUMP THOSE BIBLES!!!


    Hope whack job Mart is safe in his Tucson bunker!


    You never know with God.  The storm may get to ARIZONA!!!
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1704
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:53 pm

    Hawk Harrelson wrote:I truly have no time for these Trumpsters and their Fanboy style hero worship.


    The belief in any Nation as some kind of mystical place where a carnival barker is going to make things just wonderful is ludicrous.


    NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FELT FROM 2009 - 2016


    PS, I HAVE NO TIME FOR FAKE NEWS, FAKE RACISM, FAKE SCIENCE....


    ALSO HAVE NO TIME FOR IDIOT MILLENIALS THAT RAN INTO THE STREETS CRYING BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO FREAKIN LAZY TO VOTE FOR THE CROOKED BITCH.  WHINING ABOUT THE END OF OBAMACARE, YET THEY ARE TO CHEAP TO FOLLOW THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE.  WORRYING ABOUT THE CLIMATE, YET CLUELESS THAT THEIR CUSHY LIFESTYLE DISAPPEARS IF NOT FOR FOSSIL FUELS.  FRACKING IS WHAT PREVENTED THE AWFUL OBAMA ECONOMY GOING COMPLETELY INTO THE TOILET.  YET THE IDIOT CLASS NOW WHINE ABOUT EARTH QUAKES


    TRUMP IS A GIFT FROM GOD.


    AND ITS ABOUT TIME PEOPLE LIKE YOU GET IT THRU YOUR THICK SKULLS THAT OBAMA WAS AN ABSOLUTE DISASTER WHO'S ONLY QUALIFICATION WAS HIS MOMMY'S LUST FOR DARK MEAT
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1704
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:08 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

    And that is what is so sickening.  Paul Ryan is suppose to be this budget wonk genius.  Where was the repeal of Obamacare?  Where was the rewrite of the tax code?  Where were list of spending cuts?  Quite obvious now the Republicans outright lied to us and they never had the intention, much less a plan, to get any of this stuff done.


    There's a reason ACA isn't repealed yet.  Show me a Repub that's saying we were better off before we had ACA.  Who says it?  I never hear it.  I've not heard it.  No Repub says it publicly.  that's because they know it's an improvement and that we're better off having it than not having it, and that, my friend, is why they couldn't repeal it.  The nation will move forward on healthcare when the GOP finally just fucking admits this and agrees that since the ACA is better than no ACA, it's high time we make it better. They won't say it was better before we had ACA because they know that's not true.  And they won't say it's better that we have ACA because their dopey base will get all pissy.  So onward we go....




    SOME US REMEMBER WHAT HEALTHCARE COST IN 2007!!!!  APPARENTLY YOU DON'T OR NEVER DID


    SO SPARE ME YOUR BULLSHIT LIES


    YOU HAVEN'T HEARD IT


    LMAO!!!!!


    YOU CAN'T EVEN ADMIT I WAS 100% CORRECT ABOUT $2 GAS.


    ACA SUCKS ASS, BUT THEN SO DOES THE HOUSE AND SENATE.  WHICH IS WHY THOSE COWARDS HAVEN'T REPEALED IT


    BUT TYPICAL LYING ROB.  INSTEAD OF LOOKING AT THE FACTS IN FRONT OF HIM, HE STARTS CITING MEANINGLESS OPINION POLLS AND CHERRY PICKING HEADLINES.  


    IF THE ACA IS SO GREAT, WHY ARE INSURANCE COMPANIES PULLING OUT OF MARKETS?!?!?!  WHY DID SO MANY DEMAND TO BE EXEMPT FROM IT?!?!?!  YOU ARE FUCKING CLUELESS ON THE SUBJECT.  JUST A MINDLESS CHEERLEADER FOR SINGLE PAYER WITHOUT A DAMN CLUE OF HOW THAT GETS PAID FOR.  


    MAKE THE ACA BETTER


    LMAO 


    ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF YOUR ARROGANCE AND IGNORANCE.


    YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO PUT PERFUME ON THIS TURD AND YOU ACT ITS ALL THE GOP'S FAULT.  FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR LIES.  THE ACA SHOULD BE REPEALED, NO REPLACEMENT NECESSARY.  TRUST THE FREE MARKET.  QUITE A FEW PEOPLE LOVE THIS IDEA.  NOT OF WHO APPEAR ON MSNBC, WHICH IS PROBABLY WHY YOU NEVER HEARD IT


    TRY THINKING INSTEAD OF PARROTING RACHEL MADDOW PROPAGANDA
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1704
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:12 pm

    HEY ROB


    BACK IN 2007 OVER 80% OF THE NATION WAS HAPPY WITH THEIR OWN PERSONAL HEALTHCARE


    SPARE ME YOUR LIES!!!!!


    WE DIDN'T HAVE TO TRIPLE INSURANCE COSTS JUST TO COVER THE 5-10% WITH PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS!!!!


    TYPICALLY LYING LIB.  FUCK EVERYTHING UP FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE FEW AND CLAIM ANYBODY AGAINST IS HEARTLESS


    RESULTS MATTER


    OBAMA FUCKED UP


    ONLY YOUR LYING ASS FAILS TO SEE HOW MUCH HEALTHCARE HAS INCREASED SINCE 2007.


    AND SPARE ME YOUR BAD MATH.  YOUR LYING ASS CLAIM OBAMA SHRUNK THE DEFICIT AT A HISTORIC RATE.  YET YOUR CLUELESS HOW THE DEBT DOUBLE UNDER OBAMA


    GROW UP CLOWN
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1704
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:26 pm

    AND HOW STUPID IS THE REST OF THIS BOARD NOT TO UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE CONCEPT


    THE KARK'S employer pays $15K a year for my families insurance.  That's 80%.  I pay the other 20%, or $3K.  They also pay the first $2K of my $5K deductible


    Prior to Obamacare, I could have got a $10K deductible policy for $200 a month.  You don't have to be a savant teaching math to middle schoolers to calculate that overall dollars spent by employer and employee are now roughly twice as much.


    In fact, if my employer just gave me the $17K and the government allowed me to choose the type of insurance I want, the years my family rarely goes to the doctor would mean an extra $20K in my pocket!!!!


    This is what many a CPA firms were doing in 2005.  Saving them and there clients big bucks.


    That is how the free market works.  That is why many feel all we need is a simply repeal.  and fuck that arrogance Schmuck who thinks his ears know more than my eyes.  The KARK seen it work.  ROBZ just hears what he wants to hear.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7343
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:28 pm

    Show me the GOP politician that's saying in plain words that we were better off before ACA.  That having a free market where some live and some die was better than what we have now.  I don't see anyone saying it, regardless of all of your bluster and swearing.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7343
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:30 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:BACK IN 2007 OVER 80% OF THE NATION WAS HAPPY WITH THEIR OWN PERSONAL HEALTHCARE


    Which means that about 60 million Americans were unhappy.  What's 60 million people, give or take a few million?
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7343
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:33 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    WE DIDN'T HAVE TO TRIPLE INSURANCE COSTS JUST TO COVER THE 5-10% WITH PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS!!!!


    Perhaps we didn't need to so grossly increase costs, but we sure as hell needed to find a way to help those with pre-existing conditions.  So maybe after you wipe the stupid froth and spittle off of your mouth, you can begin wondering and figuring out how we lower costs while continuing to cover the 5-10% with pre existing conditions.  I'll sit back and wait for Congress to do that, since they've already concluded a repeal doesn't work for them.  

    Sponsored content

    Re: Lowering the debt and deficit

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:39 pm