Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

TEAR DOWN THE PYRAMIDS

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

TEAR DOWN THE PYRAMIDS

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:45 am

THEY WERE BUILT BY SLAVES!!!!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: TEAR DOWN THE PYRAMIDS

Post by alohafri on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:22 am

Actually, they might not have been.

https://www.usnews.com/science/articles/2010/01/12/egypt-new-find-shows-slaves-didnt-build-pyramids

And, as a patriotic American, it's not about slavery to me. It's about honoring traitors. Don't see too many Benedict Arnold statues, do you?
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:51 am

alohafri wrote:Actually, they might not have been.

https://www.usnews.com/science/articles/2010/01/12/egypt-new-find-shows-slaves-didnt-build-pyramids

And, as a patriotic American, it's not about slavery to me. It's about honoring traitors. Don't see too many Benedict Arnold statues, do you?

A FASCIST HIPPIE IN A CHE GUEVARA T SHIRT HAS NO RIGHT TO COMMENT, MUCH LESS TEAR DOWN A STATUE OF ROBERT E LEE

PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND ROB AND BLONDY SHOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT HOW WE REDUCE THE HIGH PERCENTAGE OF OUT OF WEDLOCK BIRTHS IN THE AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY INSTEAD OF DEMANDING THE CAR FOR THE DUKES OF HAZZARD BE TAKEN TO VICTORY AUTO WRECKERS ASAP.

PS, THANKS FOR REMINDING ALL OF US THAT THE PYRAMIDS WERE REALLY BUILT BY SPACE ALIENS, WHO WHERE MOST LIKELY HERE ILLEGALLY.  AND SINCE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS OFFENSIVE TO THE MAJORITY OF THE NATION, (WHICH IS WHY TRUMP WAS ELECTED), JUST ANOTHER REASON TO TEAR DOWN THOSE OFFENSIVE PYRAMIDS
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:15 am

AND NOW FOR THE SERIOUS ANSWER.

This statue thing should be a local issue.  And the decision should be based upon overwhelming local support.  what really pisses me off is these rent a mobs showing up all over the Nation to impose their will on communities they are not a part of.  Similiarly, it pisses me off that out side forces try to unduly influence local elections.  Like that county in Georgia where the Dems ran a nonresident and 99% of is contributions came from outside the county

As for Charlotteville.  I would hope there would be a way to deny these groups permits to march.  and yes, the Nazi's did have a permit.  Antifa, which is an oxymoron, did not.  Regardless, I believe both parties came to Charlotteville to cause trouble.

If the citizens of Charlottesville wanted to honor Robert E Lee, that's their business.  If the statue was being taken down against public sentiment due to PC BS, than that is wrong, but leave that to the citizens of Charlottesville to protest.  the outside agitators need to MYOB and stay the F out.

BTW, when did these statues become an issue?  Haven't they all been up for like 100 years or so?  Maybe the statue isn't the issue.  Maybe the real issue is the PC fascist thought police sticking their nose in everybody's business and giving orders as to what is and what isn't offensive.  Maybe the real issue is that normal people are stick and tired of progressive elitists telling us that there is only their side of the argument and any dissent makes you a hate filled bigot.  Maybe the real issue isn't how Robert E Lee should be viewed, but the sickening double standard and hypocriscy that exists today and how far too many of us turn a blind eye, dismiss, or consider it a joke.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:59 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:BTW, when did these statues become an issue?  Haven't they all been up for like 100 years or so?  Maybe the statue isn't the issue.  Maybe the real issue is the PC fascist thought police sticking their nose in everybody's business and giving orders as to what is and what isn't offensive.  Maybe the real issue is that normal people are stick and tired of progressive elitists telling us that there is only their side of the argument and any dissent makes you a hate filled bigot.  Maybe the real issue isn't how Robert E Lee should be viewed, but the sickening double standard and hypocriscy that exists today and how far too many of us turn a blind eye, dismiss, or consider it a joke.

Part of what is making the statues an issue is that the alt-righters and Nazis showed up to protest the fact that a local township or city council voted in majority to remove an R.E. Lee statue.  That particular incident probably wouldn't have raised an eyebrow or drawn attention if not for the protest against the removal.  One thing leads to another, suddenly there's violence for whatever reason, and now the removal of these statues is a huge issue in the news because everyone is talking  about it.  And that's when it became an issue.  Once in a while, there's been a below the radar statue removal, but it's not been overblown as an issue, IMO, until now.  
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Agree in part to that sentiment, particularly Jefferson Davis who instigated the secession. WTF is his statue still up in the Capitol building ?  But a bit different with Lee.  Lee reluctantly felt it was his duty to defend his State and being raised a Southerner, as you well know State loyalty took precedence over national loyalty back then.
    So  I actually see some legitimacy to those that still honor Lee as a soldier and military leader.  But obviously that wasn't the vast majority of crowd who marched in protest. For white supremacists (Dylan Roof classic example) all things Confederate represents an era when blacks had the inferior status that racists think they still should have. Neo-Nazi/anti-Semites who joined into this March of Hate felt right at home.

So President Befuddled, knowing of the obvious connection that racists have to the Confederacy, decides to add legitimacy not only questioning why the statues have to come down but saying there were "some good people on both sides".   So now Trump has given the nut job racists more fuel to their fire to instigate shit even further.  Expect more riots soon. 
    Nice work, Trump.   The ever-dwindling portion of America who thinks he's doing a good job are so far down on their knees servicing him that they spout his same juvenile moronic arguments about "who's next, Thomas Jefferson ?"  Even the conservative Wall St. Journal is reaming Trump on this one. Many Independents who voted for Trump are realizing the mistake they made in helping put this buffoon into the White House.  
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:AND NOW FOR THE SERIOUS ANSWER.

This statue thing should be a local issue.  And the decision should be based upon overwhelming local support.  what really pisses me off is these rent a mobs showing up all over the Nation to impose their will on communities they are not a part of.  Similiarly, it pisses me off that out side forces try to unduly influence local elections.  Like that county in Georgia where the Dems ran a nonresident and 99% of is contributions came from outside the county

As for Charlotteville.  I would hope there would be a way to deny these groups permits to march.  and yes, the Nazi's did have a permit.  Antifa, which is an oxymoron, did not.  Regardless, I believe both parties came to Charlotteville to cause trouble.

If the citizens of Charlottesville wanted to honor Robert E Lee, that's their business.  If the statue was being taken down against public sentiment due to PC BS, than that is wrong, but leave that to the citizens of Charlottesville to protest.  the outside agitators need to MYOB and stay the F out.

BTW, when did these statues become an issue?  Haven't they all been up for like 100 years or so?  Maybe the statue isn't the issue.  Maybe the real issue is the PC fascist thought police sticking their nose in everybody's business and giving orders as to what is and what isn't offensive.  Maybe the real issue is that normal people are stick and tired of progressive elitists telling us that there is only their side of the argument and any dissent makes you a hate filled bigot.  Maybe the real issue isn't how Robert E Lee should be viewed, but the sickening double standard and hypocriscy that exists today and how far too many of us turn a blind eye, dismiss, or consider it a joke.

Denying the white supremacist/neo-Nazis permits to march might provoke the ACLU to defend their First Amendment rights of assembly as in the Skokie v. American Nazi case.  I think the City 
    would have to show a very compelling reason (inadequate police resources to contain the potential violence) to deny that permit.
    As to the anti-Fascists gathering at the Jefferson statue on the U. of Virginia, the mayor of Charlottesville pointed out they needed no permit as that was public property.  First Amendment 
    protects their right to gather to express their views without prior censorship (ie. obtain a permit).

The real issue IS how Robert E. Lee is to be viewed.  There is a legitimate view and then there is the clear racist view which has nothing to do with Lee as a man. He was a Confederate hero and that's all that counts to racists because the Confederacy is a symbol of  white supremacy to them.
    It's a way of them openly flaunting to black people in America that feelings of white supremacy still exist and they better watch out.  
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:18 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:AND NOW FOR THE SERIOUS ANSWER.

Denying the white supremacist/neo-Nazis permits to march might provoke the ACLU to defend their First Amendment rights of assembly as in the Skokie v. American Nazi case.  I think the City 
    would have to show a very compelling reason (inadequate police resources to contain the potential violence) to deny that permit.
    As to the anti-Fascists gathering at the Jefferson statue on the U. of Virginia, the mayor of Charlottesville pointed out they needed no permit as that was public property.  First Amendment 
    protects their right to gather to express their views without prior censorship (ie. obtain a permit).

The real issue IS how Robert E. Lee is to be viewed.  There is a legitimate view and then there is the clear racist view which has nothing to do with Lee as a man. He was a Confederate hero and that's all that counts to racists because the Confederacy is a symbol of  white supremacy to them.
    It's a way of them openly flaunting to black people in America that feelings of white supremacy still exist and they better watch out.  

Spare me

How long has these statues been up.

and when did showing up with clubs with the intent of beating up people become a 1st amendment right.

Trump is 100% correct in pointing out the bad on both sides of the aisle.

As for art that offends, I would think the NEA giving some A-hole $10K to drop a picture of Christ in a jar of urine is more offensive to African Americans than a 100 year old statue of Robert E Lee

As for the existance of white supremacy, another leftwing bogie man.  Heard on the radio today the KKK nationwide has about 200.000.  Not even 1/10 of 1% of the population.  Yet the leftwing media loves spewing the fake news that the KKK is somehow relevant.  this idea that the all powerful alt right is oppressing blacks with statues of confedarate heros is one of your more idiotic suggestions.  The real problem facing African Americans is that far too many are trapped in major urban areas run by Democrats  who don't do a damn thing for them accept give them lip service and just enough welfare to make them vote against Republicans.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:

A FASCIST HIPPIE IN A CHE GUEVARA T SHIRT HAS NO RIGHT TO COMMENT, MUCH LESS TEAR DOWN A STATUE OF ROBERT E LEE

PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND ROB AND BLONDY SHOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT HOW WE REDUCE THE HIGH PERCENTAGE OF OUT OF WEDLOCK BIRTHS IN THE AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY INSTEAD OF DEMANDING THE CAR FOR THE DUKES OF HAZZARD BE TAKEN TO VICTORY AUTO WRECKERS ASAP.

PS, THANKS FOR REMINDING ALL OF US THAT THE PYRAMIDS WERE REALLY BUILT BY SPACE ALIENS, WHO WHERE MOST LIKELY HERE ILLEGALLY.  AND SINCE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS OFFENSIVE TO THE MAJORITY OF THE NATION, (WHICH IS WHY TRUMP WAS ELECTED), JUST ANOTHER REASON TO TEAR DOWN THOSE OFFENSIVE PYRAMIDS

You been drinking already?
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:31 pm

How long has these statues been up.>>
    Too long.  They were brought back up in the Jim Crow era by whites who still had an affinity for the Confederacy.  Robert E. Lee himself opposed them right after the Civil War.  He thought they sent a message of treason and division when the country still needed uniting and healing.
    That is especially true today when hate groups now make them symbols of white superiority. Stonewall Jackson's great-great grandchildren want them down. When they see what KKK and skinhead losers are making of the legacy of their ancestors, they want no part of that.  Understandably cities don't either, as they are being used as messages of hate to a good portion of their residents who are black.  I'm sure they'll still stand in towns like Bumfuck, Texas which are 70% redneck,

and when did showing up with clubs with the intent of beating up people become a 1st amendment right.>>
    You might ask the KKK demonstrators about that.  Granted, there were antifa that came looking for trouble too, and all the ones who were attacking others deserve to be in jail.  Except those that were acting in self-defense.
    <As for art that offends, I would think the NEA giving some A-hole $10K to drop a picture of Christ in a jar of urine is more offensive to African Americans than a 100 year old statue of Robert E Lee..>
    Is that art on display on public streets or parks where thousands of people pass by everyday ?  Didn't think so.  If you want to see Confederate generals or artifacts, go to a damn Civil War museum.  Just like if you want to see that jar of piss, go to the museum that has it.  Cities displaying things in public areas are sending a message with those displays.

<<Heard on the radio today the KKK nationwide has about 200.000.  Not even 1/10 of 1% of the population.  Yet the leftwing media loves spewing the fake news that the KKK is somehow relevant.  this idea that the all powerful alt right is oppressing blacks with statues of confedarate heros is one of your more idiotic suggestions.  The real problem facing African Americans is that far too many are trapped in major urban areas run by Democrats  who don't do a damn thing for them accept give them lip service and just enough welfare to make them vote against Republicans.>>
    Donny Boy legitimized these losers and basically gave them carte blanche to hold more rallies and swell their ranks.  When David Duke is cheering the President that sends a powerful signal to these fringe groups.  They were popping champagne corks after Tuesday's press conference.
    Sure, statue removal does not address the issues of poor education, poverty, decline of family structure and crime in the black community. But it does address the issue of respect for the dignity of black people in our society which is a minimum qualification to getting them on the road
    to a better life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:36 pm