Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

More proof Liriano is a choker

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

More proof Liriano is a choker

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:29 am

Now that its clear Liriano will never get called up by OUR White Sox, thereby removing the pressure to perform, Liriano goes 2 for 4 with a homer!!!!!!  and that homer was completely meaningless as Charlotte lost 4-1

BTW, can some please explain to me why Liriano was considered a no brainer on 7/23 with a stat line of 266/334/412, but Moncada was rushed because 282/377/447 isn't dominate enough?!!?!?!?  I'm sure there is a real simple answer to explain this blatant inconsistancy
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Re: More proof Liriano is a choker

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:43 am

Let's get to a meeting to discuss this with Murph!!!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Now that its clear Liriano will never get called up by OUR White Sox, thereby removing the pressure to perform, Liriano goes 2 for 4 with a homer!!!!!!  and that homer was completely meaningless as Charlotte lost 4-1

BTW, can some please explain to me why Liriano was considered a no brainer on 7/23 with a stat line of 266/334/412, but Moncada was rushed because 282/377/447 isn't dominate enough?!!?!?!?  I'm sure there is a real simple answer to explain this blatant inconsistency

Liriano's yearly stats were affected by bad April/May which may have been from recouping from his leg injury in April plus rust/aftereffects of missing 2016 season (something you said about his poor Spring Training). But his 850-ish OPS in June/most of July and .360 BA from mid-June/mid July could supported the idea of "look what he can do when healthy."  Charlotte Mgr. had to notice something since  he moved RL back to the cleanup spot in mid July.

But then Liriano goes in the tank just as two OF spots open up for the Sox. For former prospect/now suspect like him, the margin of error is razor thin. Any fallback and he's off the radar again.    OK, admittedly maybe he never was on the radar again after Spring Training.  Asche fell off after his failed April with Sox and even a 900+ OPS in Charlotte hasn't gotten him back on.   

Once a guy gets written off, maybe nothing can change that. 
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:46 pm

A bad week is not going into the tank.  I also doubt it cost him a damn thing since Delmonico had a sub 600 OPS for July.  You clearly are reading way too much into it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:18 am