Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

So let's start talking 2018

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

So let's start talking 2018

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:21 pm

From where THE KARK is sitting, OUR White Sox probably won't be very activate this winter.  Any activity would most likely be picking up some vets on the cheap in order to fill out the back end of the roster.

THE KARK, just loves the idea of the all Garcia outfield.  If one or more fail, the White Sox have enough toolsy guys looking for a 1st or 2nd chance to back them up.

The current infield will return next year.

OUR White Sox don't have DH, but I would leave that position open for rest and test of what is currently on the roster.

The only move THE KARK does make is find a veteran catcher will a rep for being a quality handler of pitchers.  Maybe bring back Tyler Flowers.

As far as pitching goes, THE KARK sees RA Dickey might be a free agent.  Just love those knuckleballers.  Dickey has an $8mil option with the Braves.  If he is bought out, THE KARK snatches him up.  THE KARK then sees how many Doug Fister types he can sign on the cheap, preferably to minor league contracts.  While some of our top pitching prospects will warrant a 2018 callup, I don't want to rush any.  It may also be a good idea to have the Giolito's of the world to spent April 2018 in Charlotte in order to gain the extra year of contract control.  If we can stomach July of 2017, we can stomach Bartolo Colon in April of 2018.  Too bad we can't sign these guys to a month to month contract.

In the bullpen, I guess the closer goes to Nate Jones by default.  Personally, I just love the idea of Mike Pelfrey as closer.  May sound insane, but then the same was said about Dennis Eckersley and Dustin Hermanson.

Basically, 2018 will be just one giant try out session.  The only issues of urgency will be whether or not 2018 confirms 2017 for Avisail Garcia and Tim Anderson

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:11 am