Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Can OUR White Sox avoid a 20 loss month

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Can OUR White Sox avoid a 20 loss month

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:39 am

Our White Sox are currently 4-16 in July.  4 games left in the month.  Only need to win one to avoid 20 losses.  Can they do it?  Can they overcome no hitting, no pitching and no fielding?  With a little bit of luck they can.  But have they already exhausted their lucky groundball hit quota for the year.

A month ago, I thought no way in hell OUR White Sox would lose 100.  With 63 games left, If OUR White Sox can manage a .365 or less winning percentage, then that perversely coveted 100 loss mark will be achieved.  The question is, will that be enough to snatch the #1 pick away from the Phillies.

August is going to be just as ugly folks.  And since THE KARK is declaring an ugly August, OUR White Sox will probably go 19-9.  After all, the whole world enjoys deliberately disagreeing with THE KARK

geek
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Can OUR White Sox avoid a 20 loss month

Post by rmapasad on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:51 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Our White Sox are currently 4-16 in July.  4 games left in the month.  Only need to win one to avoid 20 losses.  Can they do it?  Can they overcome no hitting, no pitching and no fielding?  With a little bit of luck they can.  But have they already exhausted their lucky groundball hit quota for the year.

A month ago, I thought no way in hell OUR White Sox would lose 100.  With 63 games left, If OUR White Sox can manage a .365 or less winning percentage, then that perversely coveted 100 loss mark will be achieved.  The question is, will that be enough to snatch the #1 pick away from the Phillies.

August is going to be just as ugly folks.  And since THE KARK is declaring an ugly August, OUR White Sox will probably go 19-9.  After all, the whole world enjoys deliberately disagreeing with THE KARK

geek

Sox are 1-11 after the break since 9 of those games were against .500+ teams.  Sox have won only 36% of their games this year (and taken no series since early April) against over .500 teams.    Sox face a similar uphill battle (or more accurately further downhill slide) in the immediate future as 15 of next 18 games are against contenders.   Sox are a team that contenders need to feast on (and have).

Crucial series against the Giants comes up in early September.  Currently they're ahead of the Sox for the # 2 draft pick spot but a bad August might get the Sox into the # 2 spot and possibly back into contention with the Phillies for the coveted # 1 pick in 2018 draft.

YEs, rebuilding usually does mean sucking.  And it won't be much different next year either.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 pm

YEs, rebuilding usually does mean sucking.

SOME OF US DARE TO DREAM

LIKE MY HERO ARCHIE BUNKER, I WANT MY CAKE AND EDITH TOO
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Win Now-Reload was a damned debacle!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Win Now-Reload was a damned debacle!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:58 pm

STIFLE THE BOTH OF YOUS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:39 pm