Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Share
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1610
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:05 am

    rmapasad wrote:Also, if you wanted the hot guy, what about Cody Asche?  
    Finally, absolutely hillarious that the guy that laughed at Liriano all spring long is now his biggest fan.  That's even more bizarre than your Avisail Garcia flip flop.  >>>

    No flip flop on either Garcia or Liriano.  It was always logical to give Garcia a shot this year, and his power improved enough to be worth the shot.  All I've said is the Sox have to be careful not to over-rate him due to his inflated 2017 BA and then give him some crazy extension which they'll regret. 
    As to Liriano, thought he was a better-rounded player than Avi, but have always believed he's had a big K problem. Everytime he's had a shot at the majors, he's choked.  Like in SD, this spring with the Sox, or even this summer after finally righting the ship, he sinks it again. And it's always the whiffs that are his undoing. 
    And yes, Asche, also a lefty, deserved one more shot at proving that he isn't just a Quad-A guy.


    You have ZERO proof that Liriano was supposed to be next in line.  It clearly was something you invented based upon some 5 year old prospect rating and a hot June.  But when reality shot done your fantasy, instead of being a man and admitting you were wrong, you concoct some cockamayme theory about how a bad week cost him a call up.  Here's a thought, maybe instead of insisting you are right about everything, try learning from your mistakes.  Then you might finally start to grow as a human being.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2376
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by rmapasad on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:03 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:

    You have ZERO proof that Liriano was supposed to be next in line.  It clearly was something you invented based upon some 5 year old prospect rating and a hot June.  But when reality shot done your fantasy, instead of being a man and admitting you were wrong, you concoct some cockamayme theory about how a bad week cost him a call up.  Here's a thought, maybe instead of insisting you are right about everything, try learning from your mistakes.  Then you might finally start to grow as a human being.


    "Finally growing as a human being" coming from you ?  LMAO.....
    Of course, I'm speculating.  People speculate here (e.g., Matt Wieters might be signable for
    $ 4-5 million).

    I still think Liriano could have been promoted if Willy's DL stint and Melky's trade had come a week earlier.  On July 24th Liriano was the hot hand and Sox promote hot hands.  Tim Anderson and Matt Davidson last year.  Jacob May and Leury Garcia after hot ST, Willy Garcia after a hot April. 

    Fits your theory of a couple months ago too. Liriano finally shakes off the rust and aftereffects of his major injury in 2016 and bounces back to the same OPS he had in AAA in 2015. Maybe he had turned the corner.   

    But on August 1st, when Sox were down 3 OFers, he was back to the Liriano of Spring Training.
    If a guy is striking out 40% of the time and hitting .150 the last week in AAA what's the point promoting him to the majors ?  He's a suspect and this is what suspects do.  They streak for a while and just when it looks like they might be productive, they go flat again.

    I am done talking about Liriano because IMO he's done with the Sox.  He just can't hit consistently enough and a corner OFer has to hit to justify his existence.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1610
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:47 pm

    "Finally growing as a human being" coming from you ?  LMAO.....
    Of course, I'm speculating.  People speculate here (e.g., Matt Wieters might be signable for
    $ 4-5 million).


    **************************


    THE DIFFERENCE IS, I ADMIT TO BEING WRONG AND TRY TO LEARN FROM THE EXPERIENCE AND MOVE ON.


    YOU ON THE OTHER HAND, INVENT NONSENSE ABOUT A COLD WEEK DOOMING LIRIANO.  WHEN IT WAS POINTED OUT HOW DELMONICO MAKES MORE SENSE, YOU DOUBLE DOWN ON STUPID AND COME UP WITH THIS COCKAMAMYE THEORY ABOUT LIRIANO BEING A LIFE LONG CHOKER.  SOMETHING I DEBUNK RIGHT AFTER SPRING TRAINING.


    AND TO COMPARE LIRIANO TO ANDERSON AND DAVIDSON IS TOTAL APPLES TO ORANGES.  ANDERSON WAS A #1 AND CONSIDERED PART OF THE FUTURE.  DAVIDSON WAS ALSO A #1 AND WAS CONSIDERED PART OF THE FUTURE WHEN TRADED FOR.  LIRIANO WAS  A MINOR LEAGUE FREE AGENT AND WAS NEVER EVER CONSIDERED PART OF THE WHITE SOX LONG TERM PLANS.  PLUS HIS ALLEDGED HOT STREAK WASN'T REALLY THAT HOT.  PLUS YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROOF HE'S CALLED UP IF ALL THIS HAPPENS A WEEK EARLIER.  THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY ZERO TALK ABOUT HIM AND THIS ALLEDGED HOT STREAK IN THE CHICAGO MEDIA.  AND SPARE ME YOUR TALK ABOUT SPECULATION.  ITS ONE THING TO SPECULATE.  ITS QUITE ANOTHER TO CLAIM YOUR SPECUALTION IS CORRECT AFTER REALITY HAS PROVEN YOU WRONG


    BOTTOM LINE, YOU COMPLETELY OVER VALUED LIRIANO AS WELL AS HIS IMPORTANCE WITHIN THE WHITE SOX ORG.  AND TYPICAL ROGER, INCAPABLE OF ADMITTING HE MADE A MISTAKE.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1610
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:52 pm

    and Sox promote hot hands


    **********************


    DELMONICO HAD A SUB 600 OPS IN JULY


    Once again, reality does not match your theory
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2376
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by rmapasad on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:04 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    YOU ON THE OTHER HAND, INVENT NONSENSE ABOUT A COLD WEEK DOOMING LIRIANO.  WHEN IT WAS POINTED OUT HOW DELMONICO MAKES MORE SENSE, YOU DOUBLE DOWN ON STUPID AND COME UP WITH THIS COCKAMAMYE THEORY ABOUT LIRIANO BEING A LIFE LONG CHOKER.  SOMETHING I DEBUNK RIGHT AFTER SPRING TRAINING.
    AND TO COMPARE LIRIANO TO ANDERSON AND DAVIDSON IS TOTAL APPLES TO ORANGES.  ANDERSON WAS A #1 AND CONSIDERED PART OF THE FUTURE.  DAVIDSON WAS ALSO A #1 AND WAS CONSIDERED PART OF THE FUTURE WHEN TRADED FOR.  LIRIANO WAS  A MINOR LEAGUE FREE AGENT AND WAS NEVER EVER CONSIDERED PART OF THE WHITE SOX LONG TERM PLANS.  PLUS HIS ALLEDGED HOT STREAK WASN'T REALLY THAT HOT.  PLUS YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROOF HE'S CALLED UP IF ALL THIS HAPPENS A WEEK EARLIER.  THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY ZERO TALK ABOUT HIM AND THIS ALLEDGED HOT STREAK IN THE CHICAGO MEDIA.  AND SPARE ME YOUR TALK ABOUT SPECULATION.  ITS ONE THING TO SPECULATE.  ITS QUITE ANOTHER TO CLAIM YOUR SPECUALTION IS CORRECT AFTER REALITY HAS PROVEN YOU WRONG
    BOTTOM LINE, YOU COMPLETELY OVER VALUED LIRIANO AS WELL AS HIS IMPORTANCE WITHIN THE WHITE SOX ORG.  AND TYPICAL ROGER, INCAPABLE OF ADMITTING HE MADE A MISTAKE.

    LMOA... If anyone "over-valued" Liriano, it was you earlier this year.  You were touting his mid 800's OPS in El Paso two years ago. You were pawning off his bad spring on recouping from last year's injury.  
    Of course he wasn't in long term Sox plans.  But who besides Tim Anderson was ? Liriano had "tools" which the Sox love and was as a legit contender for the RF job before Spring Training. He was in same boat as Garcia, Davidson, Tilson, Lawrie, etc.  Spring was open audition for everyone and Liriano flunked his.

    Neither you nor I know for sure that Liriano was completely written off after the Spring. So quit acting like anything has been "proven".  As to the Chicago press saying nothing about a possible Liriano promo, so what ?  Did they say anything about Delmonico or Willy Garcia before they were promoted ?

    Only this is 100% certain.  If Liriano had snuck back on the radar screen, it was "barely" and it wouldn't take much to knock him off again.  A bad week leading up to the promo decision might be just that.   I would gladly admit to a mistake if Liriano had hit .300 or even .260 (instead of .150) in the week leading up to the promo decision and still wasn't promoted.   Then it would have been crystal clear he wasn't even a blip on the screen anymore, as you assert.  But that's what happened is it ?
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1610
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:55 pm

    What, 2 people can't overvalue the guy?

    Plus I'm not the one inventory conspiracy theories about why he wasn't recalled.

    BTW, total BS he was in the fight for RF.  He was bought in as a potential #4.  So spare me the fairy tales.  They only make you look foolish
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2376
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:53 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:What, 2 people can't overvalue the guy?

    Plus I'm not the one inventory conspiracy theories about why he wasn't recalled.

    BTW, total BS he was in the fight for RF.  He was bought in as a potential #4.  So spare me the fairy tales.  They only make you look foolish



    Saying Liriano was signed as a backup requires believing Garcia had the RF job locked in cement like some established vet so it didn't matter what he or Liriano did in ST.  Avi might 
    have had the edge on RF job going into ST, but so did Brett Lawrie on the 2b job. Like Lawrie Sox still had the right to cut Avi.  Renteria made it clear guys had to earn their jobs in Spring Training.
    Avi did and Liriano and Willy Garcia didn't. Simple as that.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1610
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:40 am

    rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:What, 2 people can't overvalue the guy?

    Plus I'm not the one inventory conspiracy theories about why he wasn't recalled.

    BTW, total BS he was in the fight for RF.  He was bought in as a potential #4.  So spare me the fairy tales.  They only make you look foolish



    Saying Liriano was signed as a backup requires believing Garcia had the RF job locked in cement like some established vet so it didn't matter what he or Liriano did in ST.  Avi might 
    have had the edge on RF job going into ST, but so did Brett Lawrie on the 2b job. Like Lawrie Sox still had the right to cut Avi.  Renteria made it clear guys had to earn their jobs in Spring Training.
    Avi did and Liriano and Willy Garcia didn't. Simple as that.


    ?????


    Wasn't Lawrie cut b4 spring?!?!?!


    And spare me what Renteria said.  Throwing out an annual spring cliche proves nothing.  Did Abreau have to win his job?  How about Quintana?  Did Todd Frazier win his job this spring with that mighty 163 BA.


    And what is so unbelievable about Garcia had the job locked?!?!?  Maybe you should stop having imaginary conversations with yourself about what happens in the Sox front office.  You clearly can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality.  Or are you so arrogant that your fantasy must be reality.  While THE KARK claims no special knowledge, its quite obvious from subsequent events what was most likely going on.  And its quite obvious from these events that your little fantasy that Sox brass thought Garcia sucked but was somehow worth taking a long shot on is pure nonsense.  Listen to the Hawk.  Garcia is a 5 tool stud that hustles on every play.  It was that belief, and not some flawed excercise in probability that tendered Garcia a contract and got Lawrie booted out the door.


    Finally, the other day, you claimed that Liriano was considered the better all around player this spring.  while I had a similiar belief, I decided I was wrong and adjusted accordingly when Garcia developed into an All-Star and Liriano was clearly overlooked on several occasions.  You on the other hand, make up conspiracy theories about lucky groundballs and the importance of a cold week at the wrong time
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2376
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:01 pm

    And what is so unbelievable about Garcia had the job locked?!?!?
    Listen to the Hawk.  Garcia is a 5 tool stud that hustles on every play.  It was that belief, and not some flawed excercise in probability that tendered Garcia a contract and got Lawrie booted out the door. >
    "Listen to the Hawk." ????  The guy is a fucking cheerleader/entertainer.
    It's his job to hype Sox players, and he's a known exaggerator...
    You damn well know Garcia has been a disappointment and he spent most of 2016 as a DH, not a RFer.  Yet somehow Hahn ignores all that and like Hawk is so taken with Garcia's "tools" that Avi is not just the front-runner for RF job but has got it all locked up ? Put down the bottle.
    BTW, Lawrie was cut in Spring Training.


    You on the other hand, make up conspiracy theories about lucky groundballs and the importance of a cold week at the wrong time>>

    Yeah, I'm the only person on the planet who's noticed Avi's BABIP is crazy-high.  Please.

    Neither you or I can say with certainty whether Liriano would have been promoted on Aug 1 if he had hit .300 in last week of July instead of .150Only certainty is that a guy who's considered marginal has no room for error. A bad 15-20 ab's in the majors has killed off the future chances of many such guys.  So it's no stretch for me to believe that a real bad 30 ab's in AAA right on the eve of the club making a promo decision could have the same effect.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1610
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:06 pm

    So according to you, OUR White Sox decided to ignore two years of disappointment and give Garcia one more chance, but one bad week was enough to pull the plug on Liriano, supposedly the better all around player according to you

    Let's invent more conspiracy theories and BS stats
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1610
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:24 pm

    Garcia career Babip is 328.  Its 361 this year.  Garcia babip is consistantly 60 points higher than ba.  It's 58 this year.  Crazy high my black ass.  Once again I vet your stats and prove you got it all wrong.  The idiots agreeing with are the same idiots that can't figure out multicolinearity

    Sponsored content

    Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:40 pm