Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:40 pm

STRAINED LIGAMENT IN HIS RIGHT THUMB

FUTURE SOX LISTS THE POSSBILE REPLACEMENTS AS:
    Rymer Liriano
    Wily Garcia (on 40)
    Nick Delmonico

Ryan Cordell (newly acquired, but may be hurt himself)
    Jacob May (on 40)

Personally, I go with Wily Garcia.  In fact, I didn't even realize he was down.  It will be good to see what Wily can do when not treated like a yo yo.  Given the state of OUR White Sox, I would start him the rest of the year.  When Avi comes back, its Melkey that needs to go.  Actually, Melkey can be traded any time starting yesterday as for as the KARK is concerned
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Avisail Garcia headed to the DL

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:42 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:STRAINED LIGAMENT IN HIS RIGHT THUMB

Rymer Liriano
    Wily Garcia (on 40)
    Nick Delmonico

Jacob May (on 40)

Personally, I go with Wily Garcia.  In fact, I didn't even realize he was down.  It will be good to see what Wily can do when not treated like a yo yo.  Given the state of OUR White Sox, I would start him the rest of the year.  When Avi comes back, its Melkey that needs to go.  Actually, Melkey can be traded any time starting yesterday as for as the KARK is concerned

Doubt Melky will draw much and Sox may have to eat part of the $ 5 mil remaining on his deal.
    But may get some low minors long shot for trading him.
    Wily Garcia has been OK in his return to Charlotte this month (783 OPS) but he still struggles against RHed pitchers. 
    After his miserable start, Rymer Liriano has come on (850 OPS since June 1st).  He too has his problems with RHed pitching.  He may deserve a shot though especially with Melky traded and Avi Garcia down.
    The forgotten man is Cody Asche who has torn up (979 OPS) since being sent down. His defense is weak but he has one quality the Sox are sorely missing - the ability to hit RHed pitchers.
    Narvaez is a LHed hitter and Moncada, Sanchez and Hansen are switch hitters but that's all the Sox have to combat RHed pitchers once Melky (also a switch hitter) is gone. 
    Asche may get another look.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:56 pm

rmapasad wrote:

Rymer Liriano
    Wily Garcia (on 40)
    Nick Delmonico

Jacob May (on 40)

Doubt Melky will draw much and Sox may have to eat part of the $ 5 mil remaining on his deal.
    Wily Garcia has been OK in his return to Charlotte this month (783 OPS) but he still struggles against RHed pitchers. 
    After his miserable start, Rymer Liriano has come on (850 OPS since June 1st).  He too has his problems with RHed pitching.  He may deserve a shot though especially with Melky traded and Avi Garcia down.
    The forgotten man is Cody Asche who has torn up (979 OPS) since being sent down. His defense is weak but he has one quality the Sox are sorely missing - the ability to hit RHed pitchers.
    Narvaez is a LHed hitter and Moncada, Sanchez and Hansen are switch hitters but that's all the Sox have to combat RHed pitchers once Melky (also a switch hitter) is gone. 

I would think Wily Garcia would be the first choice since he is the youngest of the 3 and has a decent OPS at the MLB level.  Assuming Melkey is gone b4 Avi gets back, that leaves one outfield spot wide open for the rest of the year.  Wily Garcia should be given the rest of the year to show us what he has.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:

Rymer Liriano
    Wily Garcia (on 40)
    Nick Delmonico

Jacob May (on 40)

I would think Wily Garcia would be the first choice since he is the youngest of the 3 and has a decent OPS at the MLB level.  Assuming Melkey is gone b4 Avi gets back, that leaves one outfield spot wide open for the rest of the year.  Wily Garcia should be given the rest of the year to show us what he has.

Willy has been better than last year on walks and power although his K rate is still too high.   His playing time with Sox was pretty chopped up so managing a 739 OPS out of it was respectable.   But Willy has never hit RHed pitching well enough at any level so that is a concern as far as a starting corner OF job.    Rymer Liriano has righted the ship IMO to be given a shot.  He isn't hitting RHers well this year, but he has in the past.  With Avi out and Cabrera hopefully gone soon, may be a chance for both to have some playing time.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:39 pm

Wily is 15 months younger.  Not sure who rates higher on the tools list.  But the Hawk has claimed Wily is as strong as an ox.  So I can't see how Liriano would be more deserving at this point

Not even sure if Liriano rates 2nd in line.  That probably falls to Adam Engel.  Now I'm sure you can build a statistical case for Liriano.  But again, Engel is younger, Engel probably rates higher on physical tools, plus he has been with the org his whole career and is finally showing signs and showing it at the MLB level.

the biggest obstacle Liriano is facing is that he was basically a spring training filler that ended up at AAA and I doubt anybody in the org has much invested with him.  The White Sox never drafted him #1.  They never gave up an All-Star to acquire him.  He has no history with the club.  So unless someone upstairs in the Sox brass with stroke has a hard on for him, Liriano probably rates below recently acquire Ryan Cordell.

Liriano best shot would require Cabrera to be traded b4 Garcia and others get healthy and Liriano gets the call at the 4th OF.  Renteria likes to get call ups a start right away, even if the plan is for the bench.  It will be up to Liriano to hit the snot out of the ball if the opportunity arises.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:13 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Wily is 15 months younger.  Not sure who rates higher on the tools list.  But the Hawk has claimed Wily is as strong as an ox.  So I can't see how Liriano would be more deserving at this point

Not even sure if Liriano rates 2nd in line.  That probably falls to Adam Engel.  Now I'm sure you can build a statistical case for Liriano.  But again, Engel is younger, Engel probably rates higher on physical tools, plus he has been with the org his whole career and is finally showing signs and showing it at the MLB level.
    the biggest obstacle Liriano is facing is that he was basically a spring training filler that ended up at AAA and I doubt anybody in the org has much invested with him.  The White Sox never drafted him #1.  They never gave up an All-Star to acquire him.  He has no history with the club.  So unless someone upstairs in the Sox brass with stroke has a hard on for him, Liriano probably rates below recently acquire Ryan Cordell.
    Liriano best shot would require Cabrera to be traded b4 Garcia and others get healthy and Liriano gets the call at the 4th OF.  Renteria likes to get call ups a start right away, even if the plan is for the bench.  It will be up to Liriano to hit the snot out of the ball if the opportunity arises.

Sox aren't heavily invested in either Liriano or Willy Garcia - both came from the scrap heap.  Liriano obviously fucked up ST and first couple months at Charlotte and fell off the radar screen where Willy stepped up his first month at Charlotte and was OK in Chicago.
    But Liriano has recovered some decency with 850 OPS over last two months, and Avi Garcia could miss some time with this thumb ligament thing.  
    I think the Sox need to move Melky even if it's for a carton of Cheetos. Might as well give all these 24-27 year olds their shot and that includes Liriano and Asche.  As to Cordell, he's been injured and missed all of July.  So imagine he'll need some minor league time before going to the bigs.  Looks to me more like a September callup.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Whatever

One way or another, they'll are all most likely gone once Willy, Mickey, and the Duke are ready.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Whatever

One way or another, they'll are all most likely gone once Willy, Mickey, and the Duke are ready.

3-4 years ago, Padre fans were thinking about Liriano as the "future".  Shit happens.
    Will say though that the way Jiminez and Robert are handling competition at their ages, they look like the real deal.  However they may not be ready to be impact guys until 2020.

In the meantime, Sox need to field a team and the more survivors that can be salvaged from the 2017-2018 train wrecks, the better off the Sox are for 2020-2023.
    Many of the top 100 offensive guys of 2017 either never were on the radar as prospects (like
    Justin Turner, Marwin Gonzalez, Travis Shaw) or were once on but had fallen off  (Avi Garcia, Michael Taylor, Yonder Alonzo). 

So while time isn't on Liriano's side at age 26, I would not give up on him entirely.  Out of him, Avi Garcia, Willy Garcia, Leury Garcia, Sanchez, Saladino, Asche, Davidson, Narvaez and the recently acquired Rutherford, Cordell and Gillaspie the Sox could have 4-6 useful guys for the future.  Even if  Jiminez, Robert, Moncada, Collins and Burger all turn out as hoped, Sox have other spots to fill. Plus there's always the possibility a couple of Sox's top prospects don't turn out as hoped.

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:38 pm

rmapasad wrote:

In the meantime, Sox need to field a team 

DIDN'T THE KARK SAY THIS ALL SPRING LONG?!?!?

BTW, I AM NOT FLIP FLOPPING ON LIRIANO

MERELY POINTING OUT THAT THE GARCIA TRIPLETS HAVE CLEARLY MOVED AHEAD OF HIM.

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY MAKE THE DECISION MAY WISH TO LOOK AT A COUPLE OTHERS B4 LOOKING AT LIRIANO.  IF IT WERE UP TO THE KARK AND MY CHOICES ARE ADAM ENGEL AND LIRIANO, I WOULD GO WITH LIRIANO.  BUT WHO IS IN THE MAJORS?  SO REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE COMPUTER ALGORITHMS ARE FANGRAPHS SAY, SOX BRASS ARE SEEING ENGEL EVERYDAY.  AND THE SOX BRASS ARE LOOKING AT MORE THAN JUST NUMBERS
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    DIDN'T THE KARK SAY THIS ALL SPRING LONG?!?!?
    BTW, I AM NOT FLIP FLOPPING ON LIRIANO
    MERELY POINTING OUT THAT THE GARCIA TRIPLETS HAVE CLEARLY MOVED AHEAD OF HIM.
    NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY MAKE THE DECISION MAY WISH TO LOOK AT A COUPLE OTHERS B4 LOOKING AT LIRIANO.  IF IT WERE UP TO THE KARK AND MY CHOICES ARE ADAM ENGEL AND LIRIANO, I WOULD GO WITH LIRIANO.  BUT WHO IS IN THE MAJORS?  SO REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE COMPUTER ALGORITHMS ARE FANGRAPHS SAY, SOX BRASS ARE SEEING ENGEL EVERYDAY.  AND THE SOX BRASS ARE LOOKING AT MORE THAN JUST NUMBERS

Back in February, recall that Tilson was supposed to be starting CF, Liriano was considered ahead of Avi for RF job, Asche was taking most of DH ab's instead of Davidson and Saladino was locked in at 2b.
    When you have a bunch of marginal guys fighting for jobs, unpredictable shit happens.  Engel and Leury are the two CFers until Luis Robert arrives, if he does.  Although Tilson could sneak back into the picture.  Blake Rutherford also plays CF, but not particularly well from reports.

Obviously Avi has earned the lead for the RF job in 2018 but that's also Jiminez's spot.  And Ryan Cordell's.

Willy Garcia probably has the inside track on LF for now.  But his minor league BA v. RHers is something like .255  and he's never had 800+ OPS against them in his career.   This "breakout"
    year has been strictly against LHed pitching (.696 v. RHers at Charlotte, .712 Chicago).
    Then there's Tito Polo, Cordell, or even Liriano.

When this deck gets re-shuffled, who knows who the survivors will be. 
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:45 pm

LIKE I SAID, THEY'LL ALL BE GONE WHEN WILLY MICKEY AND THE DUKE ARE READY

I JUST PRAY THE GARCIA TRIPLETS CAN KEEP THEIR CURRENT OPS UNTIL THAN

771,804,832 AS OF 7/28 3:43 CHICAGO TIME.  ONLY ABREAU IS BEATING THE TRIPLETS.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:09 pm

When this deck gets re-shuffled, who knows who the survivors will be. 

THATS EASY

MLB = GARCIA TRIPLETS

AAA = TOOLS FROM OTHER TEAMS = Liriano, Tilson Cordell

AA = Willy, Mickey and the Duke = Jiminez, Roberts, Rutherford

A = Original Sox draftees = Fisher, Call, Adolfo
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:05 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:When this deck gets re-shuffled, who knows who the survivors will be. 

THATS EASY

MLB = GARCIA TRIPLETS

AAA = TOOLS FROM OTHER TEAMS = Liriano, Tilson Cordell

AA = Willy, Mickey and the Duke = Jiminez, Roberts, Rutherford

A = Original Sox draftees = Fisher, Call, Adolfo

- Realistic that Avi could be a 270/320/470 guy going forward and that's starter-worthy. But not worth a 4-5 year deal. 

- Both Leury and Willy Garcia have been a lot better in 2017 than their prior careers would suggest,  meaning this year is a fluke or that they've somehow turned a corner.  IMO, at least one of them is a fluke.

- While Tilson and Liriano missed their shot this year wouldn't count them out entirely.  They could get looks in September and next spring.  It's Willy or Leury they have to beat out for jobs, not Mike Trout. Granted, for Tilson or Liriano to enter the picture again they have to stay healthy and both have trouble doing that.

- Not sure why the Sox thought getting yet another RHed hitter in Cordell was a great idea. Especially since he hasn't hit much outside the thin air of Colorado Springs.  But considering his immediate Sox competition, he's relevant too.

- While Sox scouts love Rutherford, they've loved a long line of flops.  Not saying he's a bust at the tender age of 20, but his 106 ISO at low A should concern anyone who think he's going to be decent (let alone hot) in the majors.  He's got to develop some power, period.

- Jiminez and Robert look like they could be special, but see them as impact guys more like 2020.

- Jameson Fisher is getting his lunch eaten in high A at age 23, and probably has no future.  Call regressed this year, but Adolfo still is on the radar.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:02 pm

B
    1). Who's to say Avi doesn't have another jump in production.  Cry lucky groundballs all you want but his nagging thumb injury is the real cause

2). Wily and Luery wouldn't be the first to have a hot 100 AB then regress.  But they are young enough that this could be for real and will play until they do regress.

3). Nobody is counting out Liriano and Tilson, but the OF depth chart is 1000X deeper than it was 4 months ago

4). Cordell is a tools guy.  Maybe he's insurance in case Liriano doesn't make it or leaves this winter

5). Rutherford could very well suck.  But he is the 12 best OF prospect in all of baseball.  So your stats clearly are missing something.

6). Jimenez and Robert may not be here until 2020, but again, the OF depth chart is 1000X deeper than it was 4 months ago.  After the Garcia triplets, Liriano then needs to beat out Engel and Hanson, both already in the majors, as well as Tilson and Cordell.  Again, the people making the decisions are looking at more than just Fangraphs

7). Fisher may be a dud, was was considered the best collegiate pure hitter when drafted.  Time will tell if he is a stiff or late bloomer.  Plus I clearly rated him below Liriano
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:20 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:B
    1). Who's to say Avi doesn't have another jump in production.  Cry lucky groundballs all you want but his nagging thumb injury is the real cause

2). Wily and Luery wouldn't be the first to have a hot 100 AB then regress.  But they are young enough that this could be for real and will play until they do regress.

3). Nobody is counting out Liriano and Tilson, but the OF depth chart is 1000X deeper than it was 4 months ago

4). Cordell is a tools guy.  Maybe he's insurance in case Liriano doesn't make it or leaves this winter

5). Rutherford could very well suck.  But he is the 12 best OF prospect in all of baseball.  So your stats clearly are missing something.

6). Jimenez and Robert may not be here until 2020, but again, the OF depth chart is 1000X deeper than it was 4 months ago.  After the Garcia triplets, Liriano then needs to beat out Engel and Hanson, both already in the majors, as well as Tilson and Cordell.  Again, the people making the decisions are looking at more than just Fangraphs

7). Fisher may be a dud, was was considered the best collegiate pure hitter when drafted.  Time will tell if he is a stiff or late bloomer.  Plus I clearly rated him below Liriano

-Two weeks ago Avi had a 2 HR game, so his thumb problem is real recent. Probably accounts for his 3-25 slump in his last 6 games though.  

- Willy and Leury's defense, unlike Avi's, is above average so they have a little more leeway on hitting. Plus Luery has speed on the bases.  But he has to get on base to use that and his
    low BB rate and his nearly 20 % K rate suggests OBP might not be that great going forward.
    He looks like a solid 4th OFer but not necessarily a good starter.  Willy Garcia's main strength has been killing LHed pitching this year but he's subpar v. RHers.  Sox already have plenty of those type RHed hitters

-Rutherford's rating by Baseball America is based on how scouts think his athleticism might play out in the future.  But that's speculation and he has to prove it on the field or it's all bullshit.
    In 2 seasons in pro ball he hasn't shown much power yet.  He's not a  speed demon, doesn't seem to have a superior batting eye, and his CF defense doesn't ate that highly. So tell me, does a guy like that have a great future with a low 100's ISO ?  He has to bring that up, and he may well as time is on his side.  But unlike Jiminez and Robert, who've already shown through performance, that they have the right skillsets, I don't see a lot from Rutherford to get excited about yet.  Other than the speculative rating about what he might be. We'll see.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:00 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:B
    1). Again, the OF depth chart is 1000X deeper than it was 4 months ago.  After the Garcia triplets, Liriano then needs to beat out Engel and Hanson, both already in the majors, as well as Tilson and Cordell.  Again, the people making the decisions are looking at more than just Fangraphs

Agree it is much deeper now.   Not only would neither Garcia nor Tilson have been given starting jobs by a contender this year, but when Tilson went down, JAcob May (and his 661 AAA  OPS from last year) got the nod until it became obvious he had no  business in the majors.
    Even now, Hanson and Willy Garcia are playing due to injuries and may still play due to Melky going away soon.   So I think Liriano will get a look in September if he keeps hitting the way he has for last 2 months in Charlotte. 
    IMO, 2018 will also be open to the marginal guys stepping up as none of the premier prospects will be ready.  But at least it doesn't have to get as marginal as Jacob May anymore.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:24 am

Liriano' window of opportunity is rapidly closing with the White Sox in my estimation.  He needs Cabrera trades ASAP, b4 Cordell and Gillespie and Tilson and the 2 other Garcia's recover from injuries.  Regardless of what you think fangraphs is claiming, that is where Liriano is on the depth chart.  Even with a September call up, he will be more of a spectator.  In fact, I doubt the White Sox retain him over the winter, since I m sure he qualifies as a minor league free agent
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:32 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Liriano' window of opportunity is rapidly closing with the White Sox in my estimation.  He needs Cabrera trades ASAP, b4 Cordell and Gillespie and Tilson and the 2 other Garcia's recover from injuries.  Regardless of what you think fangraphs is claiming, that is where Liriano is on the depth chart.  Even with a September call up, he will be more of a spectator.  In fact, I doubt the White Sox retain him over the winter, since I m sure he qualifies as a minor league free agent

Fangraphs has Liriano completely off the depth charts.  No doubt he dug a hole for himself in
    March/April and with the three Garcias stepping up this year, Liriano had to catch fire to get back on the radar again.  While he did to some degree in June/July another minislump this past week (4-28, 12 K's) puts a screeching halt to that momentum.
    A torrid August might get him noticed enough for a September callup, agree he may not see a lot of AB's considering all the OF bodies now in the mix.  This nagging strikeout problem doesn't bode well for him when or if he does get another big league shot.  So yeah, his days with the Sox are probably numbered barring some miracle in the next couple months.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:00 am

So yeah, his (Liriano) days with the Sox are probably numbered barring some miracle in the next couple months.

Or a tragedy.  See that collision last night.

If one or both go on the DL, then that will be Liriano's opportunity.  Renteria loves to give call ups a start in the first game or three.  Rymier better go 4 for 4.

Assuming he'd even get a call, which he may not
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:58 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:So yeah, his (Liriano) days with the Sox are probably numbered barring some miracle in the next couple months.

Or a tragedy.  See that collision last night.

If one or both go on the DL, then that will be Liriano's opportunity.  Renteria loves to give call ups a start in the first game or three.  Rymier better go 4 for 4.

Assuming he'd even get a call, which he may not

Willy and Moncada are supposed to be OK but with Engel, Sanchez, Leury and Hanson Sox have enough bodies to cover 2b and the OF even if the colliders miss a few games.  
    Yes, Liriano may have looked more relevant after hitting .362 BA from mid June to mid July, but going 4-28 in the last week probably doused whatever hopes he had of getting a sniff after the Melky trade.
    Moncada is just another example of how Sox like to rush guys even though they're not really ready.  He wasn't dominating AAA so it's no surprise that he's been over-matched by big league pitching so far.  To his credit he hasn't been swinging at crap, will take BB's when he can, and his fielding has been pretty good so far.   No doubt he has a future as a solid big leaguer.  Whether he'll be the star everyone has been hyping him to be remains to be seen

But for right now, getting a little breather for a few days may help him get his head cleared a bit.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:15 pm

but going 4-28 in the last week

HOW MUCH FREAKIN' TIME DO YOU HAVE ON YOUR HANDS?!?!?!?!?!

I BET THAT NOT EVEN THE WHITE SOX FRONT OFFICE IS SLICING AND DICING THE STAT SHEET INTO THE TINY BITS YOU ARE.

AND WHAT SANE PERSON READS ANYTHING INTO A WEEKS WORTH OF AT BATS?!?!?
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:but going 4-28 in the last week

HOW MUCH FREAKIN' TIME DO YOU HAVE ON YOUR HANDS?!?!?!?!?!

I BET THAT NOT EVEN THE WHITE SOX FRONT OFFICE IS SLICING AND DICING THE STAT SHEET INTO THE TINY BITS YOU ARE.

AND WHAT SANE PERSON READS ANYTHING INTO A WEEKS WORTH OF AT BATS?!?!?

This takes all of 90 seconds on minorleague.baseball.com.   Don't think this last week cost Liriano a promotion ?  I sure as hell do. After a shit start this spring, he was on a month-long hot streak and finally looked like the guy the Sox were hoping for when they signed him.  Then, bang he goes 4-28 with 12 punchouts right before Willy Garcia goes on the DL.   Who the hell does it make more sense to promote to fill in for Willy ?  - Liriano who's played OF his whole career or Delmonico who's barely played OF in his career ? Yeah, thought so.   So once more when the door opens a crack for Liriano, he stumbles on the doorstep and falls flat on his face.  Story of his career.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Yeah, thought so.

Maybe is because Delmonico has a higher BA and a higher OBP and a higher SLG and has fewer strike outs and bats lefthanded and is a year younger and has been in the White Sox all his career and had the better spring training.

Plus he can DH.

BTW Delmonico was just 6 for 25 with only 1 RBI and no walks in the past week.  Not exactly on fire.

And another thing, once again you contradict yourself.  all spring long you preached that 2017 was for rebuilding which means experimenting and gambling on kids.  Delmonico being younger and having a better season is a better gamble.  The way you just described Liriano just reeks of a WIN NOW type of move.

Also, if you wanted the hot guy, what about Cody Asche?  

Finally, absolutely hillarious that the guy that laughed at Liriano all spring long is now his biggest fan.  That's even more bizarre than your Avisail Garcia flip flop.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Also, if you wanted the hot guy, what about Cody Asche?  
    Finally, absolutely hillarious that the guy that laughed at Liriano all spring long is now his biggest fan.  That's even more bizarre than your Avisail Garcia flip flop.  >>>

No flip flop on either Garcia or Liriano.  It was always logical to give Garcia a shot this year, and his power improved enough to be worth the shot.  All I've said is the Sox have to be careful not to over-rate him due to his inflated 2017 BA and then give him some crazy extension which they'll regret. 
    As to Liriano, thought he was a better-rounded player than Avi, but have always believed he's had a big K problem. Everytime he's had a shot at the majors, he's choked.  Like in SD, this spring with the Sox, or even this summer after finally righting the ship, he sinks it again. And it's always the whiffs that are his undoing. 
    And yes, Asche, also a lefty, deserved one more shot at proving that he isn't just a Quad-A guy.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:30 pm

What does Murph think????

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:05 pm