Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Swarzak traded to Brewers

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Swarzak traded to Brewers

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:48 pm

FOR RYAN CORDELL

Looks like he has already been removed from the the 2017 top 30 Brewer Prospects.  Was rated 18 in 2016

Scouting grades: Hit: 45 | Power: 50 | Run: 60 | Arm: 50 | Field: 55 | Overall: 50
    A two-way player as a Liberty freshman before becoming a full-time hitter, Cordell led the Flames to their first NCAA regional final in 2013 before signing for $100,000 as an 11th-rounder. He totaled 31 homers and 41 steals in his first two full pro seasons, though he batted just .217/.263/.335 after he reached Double-A last June. He fared better in his return to that level in 2016, only to be traded to the Brewers in early September as the PTBNL in the deal that sent Jonathan Lucroy and Jeremy Jeffress to Texas at the Trade Deadline.
    Cordell showed some of the best all-around tools in the Rangers' system and has a chance to be average or better across the board. He has the bat speed and strength to hit for power, and he showed the feel for hitting and sound approach to produce solid batting averages when he was in the lower Minors. Cordell didn't control his swing or the strike zone as well against more advanced pitchers in Double-A last year, though his ability to make adjustments when he returned there bodes well for his future.
    Cordell has plus speed that helps him steal bases and cover ground in the outfield. He has played six positions as a pro, getting time at third base and shortstop last year because Texas had a void in high Class A. Cordell had the arm and quickness but lacked the actions for the infield, and he played the outfield exclusively in 2016, with a majority of his starts coming in center field.

Cordell was born March 31, 1992, meaning he will be 26 next year.  that is old for a player with zero MLB experience.

Cordell looks more like the toolsy player that just can't cut it at the highest levels of the game.  A quick glance ate his baseball reference page suggests a poor man's Matt Davidson that can play the outfield.  Given Cordell's speed, defense, versitility and power potential, I would hope he could stick as a quality bench player at minimum.

Given that the real outfield prospects are currently in A ball, I would think that Cordell will be given a chance to win a starting job in the outfield next year.  I suppose somebody had to give Wily Garcia some competition.  
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: Swarzak traded to Brewers

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:02 pm

DO OUR WHITE SOX HAVE ANY COMPETENT RELIEVERS LEFT TO FINISH THE SEASON?!?!?!?

I KNOW THE COLLECTIVE BOARD ANSWER WILL BE

WHO GIVES A RAT'S ASS

BUT SOME OF US HERE GET VERY PASSIONIATE ABOUT THE MINUTEST OF DETAILS

PERSONALLY, I TRY TO FLIP CLIPPARD ASAP

WITH JONES AND PUTNAM ON THE DL, THE NEW CLOSER S/B:

MIKE PELFREY
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:13 pm

LOOKS LIKE CORDALL IS NOW #18 IN THE WHITE SOX FARM

He rates ahead of #19 Basabe; #21 Tilson; #25 Fisher (my personal favorite) #26 Alex Call

#16 Micker Adolfo (an even bigger personal favorite) is the only White Sox OF prospect between the BIG 3 and Cordall.

That said, I believe Cordall and Tilson are the only ones with AAA experience.  I suspect those two, along with Wily Garcia, Adam Engel, and Luery Garcia for LF and CF in 2018.  That's assuming they tender Luery Garcia a contract, since he will be arbitration eligible this winter.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:FOR RYAN CORDELL

Looks like he has already been removed from the the 2017 top 30 Brewer Prospects.  Was rated 18 in 2016

Scouting grades: Hit: 45 | Power: 50 | Run: 60 | Arm: 50 | Field: 55 | Overall: 50
    A two-way player as a Liberty freshman before becoming a full-time hitter, Cordell led the Flames to their first NCAA regional final in 2013 before signing for $100,000 as an 11th-rounder. He totaled 31 homers and 41 steals in his first two full pro seasons, though he batted just .217/.263/.335 after he reached Double-A last June. He fared better in his return to that level in 2016, only to be traded to the Brewers in early September as the PTBNL in the deal that sent Jonathan Lucroy and Jeremy Jeffress to Texas at the Trade Deadline.
    Cordell showed some of the best all-around tools in the Rangers' system and has a chance to be average or better across the board. He has the bat speed and strength to hit for power, and he showed the feel for hitting and sound approach to produce solid batting averages when he was in the lower Minors. Cordell didn't control his swing or the strike zone as well against more advanced pitchers in Double-A last year, though his ability to make adjustments when he returned there bodes well for his future.
    Cordell has plus speed that helps him steal bases and cover ground in the outfield. He has played six positions as a pro, getting time at third base and shortstop last year because Texas had a void in high Class A. Cordell had the arm and quickness but lacked the actions for the infield, and he played the outfield exclusively in 2016, with a majority of his starts coming in center field.

Cordell was born March 31, 1992, meaning he will be 26 next year.  that is old for a player with zero MLB experience.

Cordell looks more like the toolsy player that just can't cut it at the highest levels of the game.  A quick glance ate his baseball reference page suggests a poor man's Matt Davidson that can play the outfield.  Given Cordell's speed, defense, versitility and power potential, I would hope he could stick as a quality bench player at minimum.

Given that the real outfield prospects are currently in A ball, I would think that Cordell will be given a chance to win a starting job in the outfield next year.  I suppose somebody had to give Wily Garcia some competition.  

He's probably just a stopgap to get us through to 2020.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Time will tell

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:08 am