Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

who is left to trade

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

who is left to trade

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Holland, Gonzalez, Pelfrey, Swarzak, Frazier and Cabrera are free agents that will not be resigned and need to be traded even if for a bag of balls.

Obviously the biggest remaining trade chip is David Robertson.  Doug Jennings should also have some trade value.  But just like Quintana, wait for the right deal.  Ignore the voodoo stats, these two are worth more than a bag of balls.

No way in hell I trade Tommy Kahnle.

I see the Yankees are looking for a 1B

Todd Frazier for LHP - Ian Clarkin and C - Donny Sands
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Re: who is left to trade

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Holland, Gonzalez, Pelfrey, Swarzak, Frazier and Cabrera are free agents that will not be resigned and need to be traded even if for a bag of balls.

Obviously the biggest remaining trade chip is David Robertson.  Doug Jennings should also have some trade value.  But just like Quintana, wait for the right deal.  Ignore the voodoo stats, these two are worth more than a bag of balls.

No way in hell I trade Tommy Kahnle.

I see the Yankees are looking for a 1B

Todd Frazier for LHP - Ian Clarkin and C - Donny Sands

Again with the exaggerations.  Of course Robertson is worth more than a bag of balls because he's improved his trade value this season.  He's pitched better, $ 7 mil of salary has rolled off his contract since April, and the Nationals are truly desperate for a Closer now that all their in-house options have failed.  Don't see them giving up Victor Robles or Juan Soto.  But a couple of B level prospects may well be possible. Similar to what Pirates got for Melancon last year. One of the guys the Pirates got in that deal is now their Closer.
    Jennings is a LHed reliever and they're always worth something but his mid 4.00's ERA isn't going to get a whole lot.

As to the Yankees, yeah they need a 1bman now that Chris Carter has completely flopped.
    Tyler Wade might be interesting.  Or Justis Sheffield if you're talking LHed pitcher.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:10 pm

I'd rather have more of a Buehrle type lefty.  And the White Sox need a catcher more than a SS.  The White Sox have SS locked up until 2024.

And Frazier should bring in 2 prospects
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Better yet, Frazier for Dustin Fowler

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:45 pm