Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

KARK proven 100% correct yet again

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

KARK proven 100% correct yet again

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Just heard that Illinois currently has the lowest gas prices in 13 years for the start of the summer driving season

Where is the lying schmuck that said gas would shoot up if the Keystone pipeline was ever approved?!?!?!?!

Does this lying schmuck even realize that we have had $2 gas for about 5 years now

When are his imaginery "powers to be" going to jack them back to the $5 a gallon they would have been if not for fracking?!?!?!

BTW, thanks to fracking for natural gas, the carbon footprint for the USA is superior to that of Germany, which foolheartedly went hook line and sinker after wind and solar

Maybe the solution to a better planet is real science that leads to real technological advancement, and not the junk science that pushes bullshit treaties that are never followed
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: KARK proven 100% correct yet again

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Did I really say Keystone would make gas prices shoot up?  I think not.  But I am most certain that I said that Keystone wouldn't necessarily lower gas prices, since it would remove cheap oil from the Midwest, rather than keep it around here, selling for under the going rate, which Canadian oil currently does.  

You have quite a knack for putting false words in my mouth.  I've never been against fracking.  Not one bit.  I know very little about fracking, except that I've read in a few places that the cost of production of a barrel of oil via fracking runs in the range from $50 to 65.  

$2 gas for five years now?  I guess I'm gassing up at the wrong Costco, as I've seen gas at $2 for only about 3 or 4 months during the last five years.  Maybe less.  Just got it for $1.99 today, so today counts as $2 gas, and the $1.91/gallon fill up I got last weekend counts, too.  Most of what I've put in my tank in the past five years has been in the $2.40-2.75 range.  Before you call that "$2 gas" like some kind of brain dead dumb fuck, bear in mind that my household buys about 45 gallons of gas per week, so 2.50 gas costs me about $22.50 per week more than $2.00 gas.  That's well over $1,000 a year that you're pretending doesn't exist.  And that's why $2.50 gas is not $2.00 gas.  

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:46 pm