Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

WIN TEAM WIN!!

Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

WIN TEAM WIN!!

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:58 am

Do THEY suck or what!!!!
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Re: WIN TEAM WIN!!

Post by sox55 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:11 am

Jack Brickhouse wrote:Do THEY suck or what!!!!

A VERY GOOD time to miss 2 seasons in a row.
    Road trip to Cleveland coming up, baseball is secondary to getting together with friends and having a good time.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:42 am

I saw it all yesterday.  Failure to score early.  Bases jammed twice.
    The absolute best....1st....3rd....1 out....goof gets picked off 1st....batter strikes out.  Bad teams find all kinds of ways to lose.

It is great to be away from this sports brain dead town.

The usual bullshit.....Blame the batting coach, blame the pitching coach, blame the base coaches, blame the Manager.

Damn, it is incredible how stupid the modern day player is.

I sure do not need some STATHEAD analysis to talk up what I know is total hot garbage.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:12 am

But we knew this was going to be this season. I'm not pissed, not disappointed. I'm just waiting for the day that guys like Robertson and Frazier are gone.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:11 am

They play the game DUMB.

As usual.

Maybe even a know nothing jackass like Murph will start figuring out you can not blame THE MANAGER, Coaches and parking lot attendants for the miserable failures of these players.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:17 pm

EXACTLY!!!!!!

ITS ONE THING TO LACK TALENT

QUITE ANOTHER TO CONSTANTLY SABOTAGE ONESELF WITH ONES OWN STUPIDITY.

I'D LIKE TO THINK EVENTUALLY THEY WOULD SMARTEN UP.  THAT HAS TOBE WORTH AT LEAST 10 GAMES IN A SEASON

MAYBE RON WHITE IS CORRECT ABOUT HOW YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:45 pm

Over the past 6-7 years, I'd like to see which MLB team ranks #1 in futility when it comes to scoring NO RUNS when the basis are jammed. If it's not the White Sox they've got to be near the top. Hell, I remember when the great Tyler fucking Flowers was something like 1 for 40 when he stepped into the batter's box with the bases loaded. Hell, I'm getting to be of the opinion that, in game situations, opposing pitchers deliberately load the bases with White Sox runners in order to get out of the inning. It's a fucking strategic move!!! LMAO
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:22 pm

The only stat I would be interested in is how many times Frazier has failed to advance a runner.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Over the past 6-7 years, I'd like to see which MLB team ranks #1 in futility when it comes to scoring NO RUNS when the basis are jammed. If it's not the White Sox they've got to be near the top. Hell, I remember when the great Tyler fucking Flowers was something like 1 for 40 when he stepped into the batter's box with the bases loaded. Hell, I'm getting to be of the opinion that, in game situations, opposing pitchers deliberately load the bases with White Sox runners in order to get out of the inning. It's a fucking strategic move!!! LMAO

This team's still got a shitload of problems. Yeah, they've been terrible at bases loaded situations the last few years (26th in majors in bases loaded BA in 2016 and 2015). Been a little better at that this year (12th in majors in BL BA ) but the season is still young.
    Not being able to capitalize on bases loaded is doubly bad because these situations are fucking RARE. Sox are 28th in BL frequency this year, 27th last year. This is consistent with Sox's biggest problem, which is they not getting enough guys on base. 28th in the majors in putting runners into scoring position in the period of 2013-2017. . So yeah, when Sox fail to come through in those rare RISP and BL situations, that sticks out like a sore thumb.
    One thing the Sox are terrific at doing with runners in scoring and bases loaded both - hitting singles. They are # 2 in singles per PA with bases loaded this year, and they rank # 3 overall in singles with RSP the last few years. Two problems though - with a lot of singles usually comes hitting into double plays. Sox are one of leaders in that per PA. Other problem is that Sox are terrible at extra base hitting with runners on (bottom 3 for last few years).

So all in all - Sox don't load the bases or put runners in scoring position enough. When they do, they wipe them out too often with double plays, then compound this by hitting singles which score onesie's and occasionally twosies instead of EB hits which clean the bases. That about sums it up.

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:56 pm

SO I GUESS ALL THOSE LUCKY GROUNDBALL HITS AREN'T SO LUCKY AFTER ALL
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:23 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:SO I GUESS ALL THOSE LUCKY GROUNDBALL HITS AREN'T SO LUCKY AFTER ALL

The "luck" on groundball hits I've been referring to is Avi Garcia.   His bat avg. on GB's is .321 this year v. .206 last year even though his avg. groundball hitting speed is less (85mph) than last year's (88 mph).  His groundballs have just been hit to places where fielders aren't positioned as well to make the plays. 
    That sort of randomness just happens. Some of the Cubs' struggles this year come from
    Rizzo hitting 150 and Bryant 100 pts less on groundballs than last year.  Both guys have same exit velocity on grounders as Garcia yet Avi is outdoing them by 150-230 pts in GBBA. 

Of course, footspeed helps some guys get IF hits.   Hitting the ball hard also helps because fielders have less time to react.  But IMO, the batter's good or bad LUCK of where fielders are positioned or how rangy the IFer is plays a huge role too.  When neither footspeed or exit velocity seem to be factors in a good GB hit rate, then random luck is sometimes the best explanation.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:55 pm

YOU JUST CAN'T LET ANYTHING GO CAN YOU

IT WAS A FREAKIN' JOKE

TRYING LAUGHING IT OFF EVERY NOW AN THEN
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:00 am

BELIEVE!!!!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:48 am

Jack Brickhouse wrote:BELIEVE!!!!

I believe the Sox will play .410 ball from here on and finish with 68 wins.   That would put them in a tight race with the Phillies and Padres for the top 3 draft picks in 2018.   If the Sox play like they have since May 1 (.352 ball)  they'll end up with 62 wins and the # 1 pick.

-
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:58 am

HATER!!!!

CHOOSE LIFE!!!!
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:00 am

As long as Kenny Williams stays away from the draft, it is all good.

The indifference of Jerry Reinsdorf to running a genuine organization is and has been OBVIOUS.

Maybe the Cubs winning woke him out of decade long slumber?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:38 pm