Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

REAL SCIENCE, AS WELL AS COMMON SENSE, WINS

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: REAL SCIENCE, AS WELL AS COMMON SENSE, WINS

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:38 am

One more thing

My guy presented both sides

So I guess that proves who is the opened minded one and who the sheep is

Never knew you were German
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: REAL SCIENCE, AS WELL AS COMMON SENSE, WINS

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:17 pm

rmapasad wrote:Problem is that whatever changes to the world's climate have not yet shown up in a meaningful or clear enough way to the average person.  Nobody sees flooding in NY or Miami and even if hurricanes are more violent, hurricanes have been happening for years.  So what if polar ice is disappearing ?  The average person can't relate to that.

So it's easy for the climate-change deniers to dismiss the scientists and for the executives of companies who want to keep putting out greenhouse gases to find a handful of scientists to support their denier case.  Those concerned about the climate can be lumped into the "liberal, tree -hugging, alarmist" camp who are standing in the way of business and the economy growing.  And that's the rationale for dumping the Paris accords, next case.

Bottom line is that airlines don't get safer until airplanes crash.  Once flooding of major cities starts happening, then the average person will see the importance of climate change.  By that time, the horse may be too far out of the barn though.

What a load of outright crap

Dismiss the scientists, that's a laugh.  What science are we dismissing, that we are all going to die?!?!?!?!?

The only science ever reported on this board is that damn fake opinion poll about what 97% of scientists believe in.  Gee, I wonder what percentage of scientists believe in God.  Anybody here think that opinion poll would confirm or deny the existence of the ALMIGHTY?!?!?!

But if you want real science, then feel free to confirm or deny the following:

1) CO2 is about 440 parts per million of our atmosphere.  The science I have read states this isn't a problem until it gets above a thousand.
    2) Starting in 1979, (which is probably the end of the global cooling scare that never materialized despite scientific consensus) the temperature of the globe has increased 0.36 degrees C.  Or 1/100th of a degree a year
    3)  According to what I have read, had the USA stayed in the Paris Discord, and fully complied, the best the world could hope for is a 1/5 of 1 degree C temperature reduction by 2100
    4) the North Pole is not only still covered in ice, much of the ice that melted last decade has re-frozen.  This is contrary to many of the fraudulent predictions made by Al Gore, who clearly has influenced policy concerning this matter.

So spare me your hysteria and spare me your bullshit about how me and my kind dismiss science.  People like you don't even use science.  If you did, you see the above facts and come to the common sense solution that A) its not a problem now, B) there is plenty of time if it ever does become a problem C) only a retard signs a treaty that puts a giant ball and chain on the American economy while at the same time allows China and India to pollute away for the next 2 decades.

And if these aren't the facts, please provide real evidence that they are not only wrong, but what they actually should be.  Then, unlike you, I'll re-evaluate my position based upon knewly received information

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:49 pm