Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

HUGE ROADTRIP

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: HUGE ROADTRIP

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:08 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Wieters and Fister take time away from Soto and Pelfrey.

And what kind of idiot objects to Frazier and Cabrera winning ball games?   You want to trade them dontcha?  BTW, guys like Davidson still found ways to get their at bats.  So you and that teacher were fretting over nothing
    As for Quintana, yeah it would have been great to get another Moncada and Kopech, but who knows what was offered.  Besides, you know damn well THE KARK was in favor of trading him for blue chip offensive prospects.
    What you and the teacher fail to realize is that if Anderson would have joined Garcia in the lucky ground ball club and the Q didn't forget how to pitch, OUR White Sox would be a healthy Rodon from running away with the AL Central

Fister's ERA the last two years was 4.64 and  4.19.  Not a lot better than Pelfrey's 5.07 and 4.26. Plus how much better could Fister have done than Pelfrey's current 3.56 ERA (lucky as it is) considering Fister is struggling to bring his AAA below 4.00 right now ?

Of course, Frazier and Cabrera hitting better in the first half would win more games, but not enough more to make the Sox contenders. Even with their current win streak, Sox are 6 back.   Point was that the Sox shouldn't hold these guys past the All star break.

Every team has a bundle "if only this would be true we'd be contenders".   Truth is with the same basic roster and a healthy Rodon plus Sale and Eaton, the Sox were sub-.500 last year.  Now minus Sale and Eaton you need more than a few "if/thens" to win the Central - you need miracles.

AND YOU ACCUSE ME OF STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS AND DISTORTING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY!!!!!

I have never said that Wieter or Fister or anybody else made the 2017 White Sox contenders.  Plus the fact I never even wanted this guys until spring training was right around the corner and the White Sox had some very obvious holes without even a square peg to try and force into it.

MY point has always been that some people outright suck, so why bother wasting time on them.  Clearly I was wrong about Avisail Garcia.  Looks like, with the exception of one game, I was clearly right about Geo Soto.  Looks like I was also right that the guys who could play would find their at bats.  Meanwhile, you conveniently forget Cody Asche and Dylan Covey

Its you that want the damn team to loss as much as possible while completely ignoring all the negatives that would come along with the #1 pick in the 2018 draft.  For example, a 100 loss season means NOBODY stepping up like Garcia or Kahnle.  How the hell does that help the cause?

SO YES, YOU ARE LYING TO CLAIM THE KARK WANTED ANOTHER WIN NOW IN 2017
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:02 am

What you and the teacher fail to realize is that if Anderson would have joined Garcia in the lucky ground ball club and the Q didn't forget how to pitch, OUR White Sox would be a healthy Rodon from running away with the AL Central wrote:

Fister's ERA the last two years was 4.64 and  4.19.  Not a lot better than Pelfrey's 5.07 and 4.26. Plus how much better could Fister have done than Pelfrey's current 3.56 ERA (lucky as it is) considering Fister is struggling to bring his AAA below 4.00 right now ?

Of course, Frazier and Cabrera hitting better in the first half would win more games, but not enough more to make the Sox contenders. Even with their current win streak, Sox are 6 back.   Point was that the Sox shouldn't hold these guys past the All star break.

Every team has a bundle "if only this would be true we'd be contenders".   Truth is with the same basic roster and a healthy Rodon plus Sale and Eaton, the Sox were sub-.500 last year.  Now minus Sale and Eaton you need more than a few "if/thens" to win the Central - you need miracles.

AND YOU ACCUSE ME OF STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS AND DISTORTING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY!!!!!

I have never said that Wieter or Fister or anybody else made the 2017 White Sox contenders.  Plus the fact I never even wanted this guys until spring training was right around the corner and the White Sox had some very obvious holes without even a square peg to try and force into it.

MY point has always been that some people outright suck, so why bother wasting time on them.  Clearly I was wrong about Avisail Garcia.  Looks like, with the exception of one game, I was clearly right about Geo Soto.  Looks like I was also right that the guys who could play would find their at bats.  Meanwhile, you conveniently forget Cody Asche and Dylan Covey

Its you that want the damn team to loss as much as possible while completely ignoring all the negatives that would come along with the #1 pick in the 2018 draft.  For example, a 100 loss season means NOBODY stepping up like Garcia or Kahnle.  How the hell does that help the cause?

SO YES, YOU ARE LYING TO CLAIM THE KARK WANTED ANOTHER WIN NOW IN 2017

I did NOT say you claimed Wieters/Fister would make a contender.  I answered this statement of yours:

<What you and the teacher fail to realize is that if Anderson would have joined Garcia in the lucky ground ball club and the Q didn't forget how to pitch, OUR White Sox would be a healthy Rodon from running away with the AL Central>

<some people outright suck, so why bother wasting time on them>
    Because, as Avi Garcia showed, you never know for 100% certain a guy will suck.  Same with
    Davidson, Leury, Sanchez or Kahnle who looked like stiffs too. Rebuilding teams don't have to
    pre-judge if a guy will suck or not. 
    These are qualifications for rebuilders to give guys a shot: 1) they're 22-27 years old, 2) under team control for next 3+ years, and 3) they've shown SOME talent to indicate they might make it.  Then just stick them out there and see what happens.  Some will suck like Asche, Covey, May, Saladino, Liriano have.  So what ?

I was clearly right about Geo Soto. >>
    Of course, but nobody expected he'd be anything more than cheap filler to split time with Narvaez. With Soto injured Sox have used Kevan Smith who's also sucked but so what ?  They knew Catcher would be a gaping hole until Collins was ready but it wasn't worth it to spend on a free agent like Wieters to improve that one position when the rest of the team was a crapshoot.

Its you that want the damn team to loss as much as possible while completely ignoring all the negatives that would come along with the #1 pick in the 2018 draft.  For example, a 100 loss season means NOBODY stepping up like Garcia or Kahnle.  How the hell does that help the cause?>
    Explained this before.  If the wins come from guys the Sox can hold onto for next 3+ years, that's good even it lowers the 2018 draft pick.  If some current 25-27 year olds can be useful in 2019-2020, Sox don't have to lean on the draft picks so heavily. 

SO YES, YOU ARE LYING TO CLAIM THE KARK WANTED ANOTHER WIN NOW IN 2017>
    I never said you were in favor of an overall win-now in 2017, but rather that you cherry-picked certain spots (RF, Catcher) where you were pushing a strategy that win-now teams use - going into free agency to find a better player to "fill a hole."
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:51 am

OK, NOT THAT ITS CLEARED UP, LETS MOVE ON

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:53 am