Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

HUGE ROADTRIP

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

HUGE ROADTRIP

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:42 am

7-2 PUTS OUR WHITE SOX 31-30 AND WITH A LITTLE BIT OF LUCK, 1ST PLACE

MEANWHILE, THEO'S ONE YEAR WONDER CONTINUES TO FADE.

BAPTISM BY FIRE HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE BEST KIND
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Re: HUGE ROADTRIP

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:39 am

WIN TEAM WIN!!!!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:7-2 PUTS OUR WHITE SOX 31-30 AND WITH A LITTLE BIT OF LUCK, 1ST PLACE

MEANWHILE, THEO'S ONE YEAR WONDER CONTINUES TO FADE.

Let's not prematurely pronounce the death of the Cubs.  Their pitching over-achieved last year and they may need a midseason trade to fix some of those problems this year.  But they have a lot of talent in their farm system to offer up in order to get a good pitcher.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:30 pm

I need a letter of recommendation from Kark to be readmitted to Sox Fans on Deck!!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:25 am

2-7 and back to last place

Typical White Sox

Grabbing the shovel whenever they reach for the ladder
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:07 am

If not for this 2-7 road trip, OUR White Sox would be at 500!!!

REBUILDINGE DOESNT MEAN DELIBERAYELY SUCKING!!!!!

Frazier heating up with the weather!!!!

White Sox should give him some starts at 1B to increase his trade value
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:17 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:If not for this 2-7 road trip, OUR White Sox would be at 500!!!

REBUILDINGE DOESNT MEAN DELIBERAYELY SUCKING!!!!!

Frazier heating up with the weather!!!!

White Sox should give him some starts at 1B to increase his trade value

No one has ever said "deiberayely" sucking. This is a team with maybe one superstar on it. Most of the players who are starting on the Sox would not be starting on other ball clubs.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:25 am

No one has ever said "deiberayely" sucking.

1) you misspelled my misspelling of "deliberately"
    2) I recall arguing with somebody here about how OUR White Sox need to lose 101 games like the Cubs in 2012.
    3) LMAO about most starters.  Who doesn't start?  The rookies!?!?  The only non starters I see are the catchers.  Maybe 2B, but then we all know Moncada is coming.  CF?  well Luery Garcia is hitting 298.  All others are worthy of starting. 
    4) Maybe I need to start double checking your math as well.  Especially when you deliberately disagree with me

PS, you do realize OUR White Sox should contend next year dontcha
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:47 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:No one has ever said "deiberayely" sucking.

1) you misspelled my misspelling of "deliberately"
    2) I recall arguing with somebody here about how OUR White Sox need to lose 101 games like the Cubs in 2012.
    3) LMAO about most starters.  Who doesn't start?  The rookies!?!?  The only non starters I see are the catchers.  Maybe 2B, but then we all know Moncada is coming.  CF?  well Luery Garcia is hitting 298.  All others are worthy of starting. 
    4) Maybe I need to start double checking your math as well.  Especially when you deliberately disagree with me

PS, you do realize OUR White Sox should contend next year dontcha

To get a good draft choice, yes, losing more is desirable. But the players don't deliberately go out to lose. If you think that Todd Frazier, Luery Garcia, Tim Anderson, any of the catchers, the other Garcia not named Avi, or Sanchez would be starting on a contending team, you must be watching AA ball.

And no, the White Sox will not contend next year.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:43 am

HATER

BTW, IS IT OTHER CLUBS OR CONTENDING CLUBS

TRY TO KEEP YOUR STORY STRAIGHT WHEN YOU DELIBERATELY DISAGREE WITH ME

AND IF YOU KEEP THIS UP, I WILL NOT SHARE MY SUMMER SHANDY WITH YOU IN OCTOBER 2018 WHEN WE TAILGATE GAME 1 OF THE PLAYOFFS AT THE CELL

Razz
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm

To get a good draft choice, yes, losing more is desirable. But the players don't deliberately go out to lose.

This statement is exactly why I find you and Roger so frustrating to deal with.

If losing in 2017 is the desired outcome, then WHO in the White Sox organization is working to achieve those desires?

Logic would dictate that if one wants a desired outcome, then one would take steps to achieve that outcome.

Personally, I think you are confused and equate losing as a necessary part of rebuilding.  While losing in the present tends to be the most likely outcome when a rebuilding team sacrifices its limited present value in an attempt to increase future value, losing is not a requirement.

Gee, I would think somebody who advocated gambling on people like Avisail Garcia all spring long would understand that when those gambles pay off, it will show up in the win column.  You do understand that the faster the gambles like Garcia and the acquired heirs like Moncada pay off, the better.  
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:To get a good draft choice, yes, losing more is desirable. But the players don't deliberately go out to lose.

If losing in 2017 is the desired outcome, then WHO in the White Sox organization is working to achieve those desires?

Logic would dictate that if one wants a desired outcome, then one would take steps to achieve that outcome.

Personally, I think you are confused and equate losing as a necessary part of rebuilding.  While losing in the present tends to be the most likely outcome when a rebuilding team sacrifices its limited present value in an attempt to increase future value, losing is not a requirement.

Gee, I would think somebody who advocated gambling on people like Avisail Garcia all spring long would understand that when those gambles pay off, it will show up in the win column.  You do understand that the faster the gambles like Garcia and the acquired heirs like Moncada pay off, the better.  

WIN NOW! Fuck Moncada! Trade him for Matt Wieters. Maybe Washington will throw in Adam Eaton too! Imagine the one year rental we can get for Robert! 

You have no fucking concept of what a rebuild is do you? I'm done arguing this with you! Why don't you join Todd on some Yankees board?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:To get a good draft choice, yes, losing more is desirable. But the players don't deliberately go out to lose.

The gamble on Avisail Garcia was for trade bait, not WIN NOW you dope! Do Kenny and Reinsdorf like you to swallow when you pleasure them as they discuss WIN NOW?
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Of course, we've said all along that if the mid 20's prior failures (the Garcias, Davidson, Sanchez, Kahnle, Schwarzak) under Sox control for the next few years win more games, that's a good sign. Even if it lowers the draft pick for 2018. If these guys aren't lost causes after all, that reduces the need to bank so heavily on minor leaguers and draft picks.
    What we were objecting to is wins coming from vet short-timers. Whether that came from holding onto Frazier, Cabrera, Robertson and Quintana too long or by bringing in the Matt Wieters, Doug Fisters, etc. Particularly scuttling a 26 year old Avi Garcia in favor of hauling in a 30 year old Chris Carter. That strategy is lose-lose because Melky, Frazier, Wieters, Carter, Fister, etc. weren't going to make this a playoff team yet they could screw up the 2018 draft slot with an extra 5-6 wins, and aren't going to even be on the 2019-2020 Sox.

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:29 pm

alohafri wrote:

WIN NOW! Fuck Moncada! Trade him for Matt Wieters. Maybe Washington will throw in Adam Eaton too! Imagine the one year rental we can get for Robert! 

You have no fucking concept of what a rebuild is do you? I'm done arguing this with you! Why don't you join Todd on some Yankees board?

I'm so sorry.  How silly of me not to realize losing 100 games a year for 3 straight years guaranteed a World Series in year 4.

BTW you may want to try a remedial reading course.  I have always said Moncada and Roberts are key parts of OUR White Sox future success.  Or is it simply your turn to rant like a loon
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:51 pm

rmapasad wrote:

Of course, we've said all along that if the mid 20's prior failures (the Garcias, Davidson, Sanchez, Kahnle, Schwarzak) under Sox control for the next few years win more games, that's a good sign. Even if it lowers the draft pick for 2018.  If these guys aren't lost causes after all, that reduces the need to bank so heavily on minor leaguers and draft picks.
    What we were objecting to is wins coming from vet short-timers. Whether that came from holding onto Frazier, Cabrera, Robertson and Quintana too long or by bringing in the Matt Wieters, Doug Fisters, etc.  Particularly scuttling a 26 year old Avi Garcia in favor of hauling in a 30 year old Chris Carter.   That strategy is lose-lose because Melky, Frazier, Wieters, Carter, Fister, etc.  weren't going to make this a playoff team yet they could screw up the 2018 draft slot with an extra 5-6 wins, and aren't going to even be on the 2019-2020 Sox.

Other than the Garcia part, what a load of revisionist history.

Wieters and Fister take time away from Soto and Pelfrey.

And what kind of idiot objects to Frazier and Cabrera winning ball games?   You want to trade them dontcha?  BTW, guys like Davidson still found ways to get their at bats.  So you and that teacher were fretting over nothing

As for Quintana, yeah it would have been great to get another Moncada and Kopech, but who knows what was offered.  Besides, you know damn well THE KARK was in favor of trading him for blue chip offensive prospects.

What you and the teacher fail to realize is that if Anderson would have joined Garcia in the lucky ground ball club and the Q didn't forget how to pitch, OUR White Sox would be a healthy Rodon from running away with the AL Central
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Hey Kevin

Just spoke to my step brother who is a savant when it comes to sports

He tells me OUR White Sox are currently where Theo was in his 3rd year with the Cubs

BTW, weren't the Twins suppose to be rebuilding this year?
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:05 pm

alohafri wrote:

The gamble on Avisail Garcia was for trade bait, not WIN NOW you dope! Do Kenny and Reinsdorf like you to swallow when you pleasure them as they discuss WIN NOW?

Sounds like somebody had too much Malort for Fathers Day

What kind of idiot trades Garcia now?

Trading quality 26 years olds, apparently you are the dope that doesn't understand rebuilding
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm so sorry.  How silly of me not to realize losing 100 games a year for 3 straight years guaranteed a World Series in year 4.>>
    2016 -  Cubs won 61, 66, and 72 games  then 97 in 2015 and 103 and the Series in 2016.
    2015 -  Royals won 67, 71, 72, 86, then 89 in 2014 and 95 and the Series in 2015.
    2014 -  Giants were a dynasty than had also won in 2012 and 2010 but
    before the first WS in 2010, Giants were 71, 72, 88, 89 and then 92 and the Series in 2010.

So it appears that there is a steady buildup which includes sucking (and getting draft picks) 3-5 years ahead of that first WS ring.  But the year before that WS ring, the team has usually shown its readiness by making the playoffs.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Hey Kevin

Just spoke to my step brother who is a savant when it comes to sports

He tells me OUR White Sox are currently where Theo was in his 3rd year with the Cubs

BTW, weren't the Twins suppose to be rebuilding this year?

How can we judge "where the White Sox are now" when the season isn't even 1/2 over ? Can't we at least
    wait until Sept. 30 to compare the 2017 Sox's wins to the 2012, 2013 or 2014 Cubs ?
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 pm

rmapasad wrote:I'm so sorry.  How silly of me not to realize losing 100 games a year for 3 straight years guaranteed a World Series in year 4.>>
    2016 -  Cubs won 61, 66, and 72 games  then 97 in 2015 and 103 and the Series in 2016.
    2015 -  Royals won 67, 71, 72, 86, then 89 in 2014 and 95 and the Series in 2015.
    2014 -  Giants were a dynasty than had also won in 2012 and 2010 but
    before the first WS in 2010, Giants were 71, 72, 88, 89 and then 92 and the Series in 2010.

So it appears that there is a steady buildup which includes sucking (and getting draft picks) 3-5 years ahead of that first WS ring.  But the year before that WS ring, the team has usually shown its readiness by making the playoffs.

Talk about cherry picking

How many teams suck year after year after year and don't even sniff contention for over a decade

I supposed they needed to lose enough more in order to become winners
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 pm

This is why Roger can't be trusted

2015 Royals, is his example?!?!?!

They literally sucked for almost two decades.  Steady build up my black ass

After the 94 strike, the Royals had just on 500+ season between 1995-2012.  Quite a few of those years sucked out loud

Once again, Roger lies by not telling the whole story.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:19 pm

Hey Roger

How come losing never worked for the Pirates?!?!!?

Maybe you and the teacher can get a condo in Pittsburgh and enjoy rebuilding the right way.

KansasCity without a recent World Series and without the BBQ

Which would be perfect since I doubt either of you use charcoal
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:47 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:This is why Roger can't be trusted

2015 Royals, is his example?!?!?!

They literally sucked for almost two decades.  Steady build up my black ass

After the 94 strike, the Royals had just on 500+ season between 1995-2012.  Quite a few of those years sucked out loud

Once again, Roger lies by not telling the whole story.
    Enough of this "lies" nonsense.  Can't you ever respond to someone without being a total jackass ?  People who've known me for years know I'm not a liar, so just shove your ridiculous accusations up your ass.

The only point I was making is that SOME rebuilds work. Not that ALL do. Or that 2-3 years of sucking is a prerequisite to winning a World Series 3-5 years later.  Simply that such a pattern CAN work.   Inventing arguments that other posters allegedly made that they really never made is another nasty habit.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:15 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Wieters and Fister take time away from Soto and Pelfrey.

And what kind of idiot objects to Frazier and Cabrera winning ball games?   You want to trade them dontcha?  BTW, guys like Davidson still found ways to get their at bats.  So you and that teacher were fretting over nothing
    As for Quintana, yeah it would have been great to get another Moncada and Kopech, but who knows what was offered.  Besides, you know damn well THE KARK was in favor of trading him for blue chip offensive prospects.
    What you and the teacher fail to realize is that if Anderson would have joined Garcia in the lucky ground ball club and the Q didn't forget how to pitch, OUR White Sox would be a healthy Rodon from running away with the AL Central

Fister's ERA the last two years was 4.64 and  4.19.  Not a lot better than Pelfrey's 5.07 and 4.26. Plus how much better could Fister have done than Pelfrey's current 3.56 ERA (lucky as it is) considering Fister is struggling to bring his AAA below 4.00 right now ?

Of course, Frazier and Cabrera hitting better in the first half would win more games, but not enough more to make the Sox contenders. Even with their current win streak, Sox are 6 back.   Point was that the Sox shouldn't hold these guys past the All star break.

Every team has a bundle "if only this would be true we'd be contenders".   Truth is with the same basic roster and a healthy Rodon plus Sale and Eaton, the Sox were sub-.500 last year.  Now minus Sale and Eaton you need more than a few "if/thens" to win the Central - you need miracles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:21 am