Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

WHERE'S MONCADA

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

WHERE'S MONCADA

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon May 08, 2017 11:18 am

I Believe his free agency years changes from 2022 to 2023 sometime this week.

i suspect the White Sox brain trust will let him crush AAA pitchers another 6 or 7 weeks to screw him out of Super Two abritation status.

The kid is red hot.

If the sox were smart, they'd pick a weekday home game and make a day of it.  Let Yoan get the standing ovation good ole Gordo got
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: WHERE'S MONCADA

Post by alohafri on Mon May 08, 2017 11:36 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:I Believe his free agency years changes from 2022 to 2023 sometime this week.

i suspect the White Sox brain trust will let him crush AAA pitchers another 6 or 7 weeks to screw him out of Super Two abritation status.

The kid is red hot.

If the sox were smart, they'd pick a weekday home game and make a day of it.  Let Yoan get the standing ovation good ole Gordo got

How many at bats did Ted Williams say a minor leaguer should have before making his major league debut? How close is Moncada to that number? Too many players are being rushed. 
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon May 08, 2017 12:35 pm

I BELIEVE THAT NUMBER WAS 3,000

Assuming Baseball Reference is current thry sunday 5/7, Moncada has the following in plate appearances

Foriegn Leagues: 367
    Minors: 978
    Arizona Fall League: 27
    MLB: 20

So that's a grand total of 1392.

SO Excuse me if I disagree with you and Ted Williams and 3,000 AB implication that Moncada should stay in the minors until 2020.

BTW, Ted Williams was 1,911 at bats shy of his magical 3,000 AB mark.  And had Boston actually followed this silly rule, Ted Williams would have hit 400 in Pawtucket instead of the majors in 1941.

Now I don't want to claim I know more about the game than Ted Williams, but clearly there are exceptions to this rule.  Ken Griffey Jr only had 555 minor league PA.  Bob Horner went straight from college to the bigs.

Plus there is also something to be said about spending TOO much time in the minors.

But if it makes you feel better, no real harm done if OUR White Sox wait until the All-Star break.  That should give you enough time to thaw Teddy's head and ask for permission
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon May 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:I BELIEVE THAT NUMBER WAS 3,000

Assuming Baseball Reference is current thry sunday 5/7, Moncada has the following in plate appearances

SO Excuse me if I disagree with you and Ted Williams and 3,000 AB implication that Moncada should stay in the minors until 2020.

BTW, Ted Williams was 1,911 at bats shy of his magical 3,000 AB mark.  And had Boston actually followed this silly rule, Ted Williams would have hit 400 in Pawtucket instead of the majors in 1941.

Now I don't want to claim I know more about the game than Ted Williams, but clearly there are exceptions to this rule.  Ken Griffey Jr only had 555 minor league PA.  Bob Horner went straight from college to the bigs.

Plus there is also something to be said about spending TOO much time in the minors.

But if it makes you feel better, no real harm done if OUR White Sox wait until the All-Star break.  That should give you enough time to thaw Teddy's head and ask for permission

I'd prefer they wait until next season. I'd accept the September call ups. But what is the reason for bringing him up at the All-Star break? The All-Star break reeks of "WIN NOW".
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon May 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Personally, I'd like to see him up this week.  However, I haven't been watching his every move, so I suppose there maybe some things he may still need to work on.  

The reason to wait until All-Star break.  Well it probably saves the White Sox a few million down the road in arbitration and free agency.  I also don't thank that number changes if they wait until 4/1/2018 for his White Sox debut.  I suppose the White Sox could wait until next Mother's Day to bring him up and push free agency back to 2024, but I don't see how in good conscience the White Sox could do that.  Unless this kid completely falls apart, NO WAY he isn't a September call up at the latest.

So unless I am wrong about the cost savings, All-Star break makes perfect sense.  By then, he should have doubled his AAA at bats and that would confirm how real his outstanding start is.  The faster you can get him here, the faster he will be over the rookie jitters.  That should not be confused with rushing him.  His bat certainly looks ready now.

As to WIN NOW, can't see how you can post that with a straight face.  Moncada is the future.  The sooner he can establish himself, the better the White Sox will be.  Conversely, if Moncada is really Dayan Viciedo in disguise, the quicker that is discovered the better.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon May 08, 2017 2:48 pm

We seem to be growing! I didn't see a "you are deliberately disagreeing with me" in your post.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon May 08, 2017 2:53 pm

alohafri wrote:We seem to be growing! I didn't see a "you are deliberately disagreeing with me" in your post.

Proclaiming the obvious is Roger's gimmick

Razz
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Tue May 09, 2017 9:37 am

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:I BELIEVE THAT NUMBER WAS 3,000

I'd prefer they wait until next season. I'd accept the September call ups. But what is the reason for bringing him up at the All-Star break? The All-Star break reeks of "WIN NOW".

SEPTEMBER 1, AFTER the July and August purge!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue May 09, 2017 10:25 am

Who plays in between the purge and 9/1?

Then again, delay Moncada long enough and he is your favorite for 2018 ROY.

PS, are the Cubs getting desperate for pitching?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue May 09, 2017 10:27 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Who plays in between the purge and 9/1?

Does it matter? I'm sure one of the Alomars are available.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue May 09, 2017 10:35 am

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Who plays in between the purge and 9/1?

Does it matter? I'm sure one of the Alomars are available.

EVERYTHING MATTERS

YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO CARE MORE

flower
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Tue May 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Facebook Fanboys in for a reality check.

The Sox will get next to nothing for Frazier and Melky.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue May 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Jack Brickhouse wrote:Facebook Fanboys in for a reality check.

The Sox will get next to nothing for Frazier and Melky.

Larry Braus will keep them both for the stretch run!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue May 09, 2017 12:41 pm

JUST GOOGLED LARRY BRAUS

REBUILD WITH EX STARS ON THE CHEAP

LIKE THE KARK SAID, THERE IS SOME LOGIC TO IT.

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A CPA WITH A 135 IQ TO REALIZE AROD IS BETTER THAN CODY ASCHE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:59 am