Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Share
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:51 am

    After taking 2 of 3 in Detroit, the Mighty Mariners are of to Cleveland where hopefully they can help OUR WHITE SOX once again.  


    If both, OUR WHITE SOX and the Mariners, can go 2 of 3, the highly coveted AL Central will look like this Monday morning:




    WHITE SOX 13-10
    Cleveland     13-11
    Detroit        12-12


    OUR WHITE SOX will be Champs of April by 1/2 of a game with a magic number of 139.


    Who said REBUILDING DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO SUCK


    OH YEAH, that was THE KARK!!!!!


    1/6TH of the way to being correct yet again.  You'd think by now people would just accept my keen insight and worldly wisdom


    Razz
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7132
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:11 am

    When the Sox trade the guys they got from Boston and a couple of their touted draft choices for Adam Dunn the Second (otherwise known as Jayson Werth), Drake LaRoche, and Sandy Alomar, Jr., we will remember.  pirat
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 am

    Where in the blue hell did I ever suggest such trades?!?!?!?!?


    OK, I did joke about wishing we had Chris Sale back, but JEEZ....


    I would think after 15 years you'd know the difference between serious analysis by Mark the CPA and loud obnoxious pom pom waving by KARK the crazy fanboy.


    Anyway, OUR WHITE SOX are battling for 1st place and I think the smart thing to do enjoy it while it lasts.  I'll let you and that Californian pout in the corner waiting for your misery to be confirmed so you can have the hollow victory.


    In term Rosebowl can understand, I may be letting the perfume on the pig fool me, but when I close my eyes, I'm making love to Renee O'Connor in her prime.  In other words, fat ugly vag is still better than using your hand
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7132
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:43 am

    Where did I say you suggested any trades, Mr. Reading Comprehension? I suggested that Kenny Williams will make trades because that's what he does after he throws over the buffet table (upsetting Coop in the process). He trades for some over the hill win nower because he thinks the Sox can make the playoffs!
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2417
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:28 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:After taking 2 of 3 in Detroit, the Mighty Mariners are of to Cleveland where hopefully they can help OUR WHITE SOX once again.  


    If both, OUR WHITE SOX and the Mariners, can go 2 of 3, the highly coveted AL Central will look like this Monday morning:

    WHITE SOX 13-10
    Cleveland     13-11
    Detroit        12-12


    OUR WHITE SOX will be Champs of April by 1/2 of a game with a magic number of 139.


    Who said REBUILDING DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO SUCK


    OH YEAH, that was THE KARK!!!!!


    1/6TH of the way to being correct yet again.  You'd think by now people would just accept my keen insight and worldly wisdom


    Razz



    But the Sox didn't go out and haul in veterans to improve their cosmetics and become less sucky. With only one exception - Derek Holland who was basically to eat some innings to prevent some of the kids from having to be prematurely used and from bullpens from being burned out. 
    Sox have had this record in large part because the so-called "Quad A Crap" (Garcia boys, Davidson, Saladino, Narvaez at least defensively, Gonzalez, Covey) has been better than expected thus far. 
    Which is the encouraging part.  When some of these guys come back down to earth, it's possible that the Fraziers, Abreus, Quintanas, etc will pick up the slack. Meaning the Sox could hover over and around .500 well into June.
    Which, as Kevin said, may give Kenny Williams justification of believing the Sox can actually win-now.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:25 pm

    Nothing the matter with the KARK's comprehension Teach.  If anything, I'm reading between the lines perfectly.  Both you professional poo-poo'er are simplying projecting your pessimism and proclaiming to be real.  and spare me your soft bigotry of Kenny Williams.


    Instead of deliberately disagreeing with me, focus on the Californian who could drain the joy out of an orgasm with his mind numbing statistics.  This guy thinks I'm not allowed to enjoy a White Sox win if Avisail Garcia has the game winning hit.  How fucked is that?!?!?!?


    And like anybody on this board need Mother Fan Fucking Graphs to realize who's overachieving and who is underachieving


    So you two can spin it however you like.  Meanwhile the KARK is going to be like Archie Bunker.  Having his cake and Edith too.


    afro
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7132
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:44 pm

    It is you who is deliberately disagreeing with me. I am in on this rebuild and you want to retool again so the Sox can pretend they are in contention at the trade deadline in hopes of selling another 6 tickets per game to the sheep.


    You are right, I don't like Kenny Williams because he is too stupid to be in the position he is in. He lucked out picking the trash in 2004 and 2005 and after that ONE PLAYOFF APPEARANCE. This guy has better job protection than unionized teachers. If I had that kind of success rate, I'd be out on my ass working for Waste Management.


    But enough about me. What do you think about me?
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:01 pm

    alohafri wrote:Where did I say you suggested any trades, Mr. Reading Comprehension?

    AT 2:44PM IN THIS VERY THREAD

    I suggested that Kenny Williams will make trades because that's what he does after he throws over the buffet table (upsetting Coop in the process). He trades for some over the hill win nower because he thinks the Sox can make the playoffs!

    tongue
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:16 pm

    It is you who is deliberately disagreeing with me. I am in on this rebuild and you want to retool again so the Sox can pretend they are in contention at the trade deadline in hopes of selling another 6 tickets per game to the sheep.


    ****************************


    THANK YOU ROB JR!!!!!  (since you asked)


    The only thing the KARK was wrong about was Avisail Garcia!!!  And I hope he spends the next decade making me look foolish for wasting this spring vehemently demanding a move EVERYBODY on this board would have made had they suddenly found themselves the GM on December 1, 2016.  That is, non tendering his big fat Venezualan ass.


    And damn right THE KARK retools, even if it means trading every Courtney Hawkins and Adam Engel OUR WHITE SOX got.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2417
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:31 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Nothing the matter with the KARK's comprehension Teach.  If anything, I'm reading between the lines perfectly.  Both you professional poo-poo'er are simplying projecting your pessimism and proclaiming to be real.  and spare me your soft bigotry of Kenny Williams.


    Instead of deliberately disagreeing with me, focus on the Californian who could drain the joy out of an orgasm with his mind numbing statistics.  This guy thinks I'm not allowed to enjoy a White Sox win if Avisail Garcia has the game winning hit.  How fucked is that?!?!?!?


    And like anybody on this board need Mother Fan Fucking Graphs to realize who's overachieving and who is underachieving


    So you two can spin it however you like.  Meanwhile the KARK is going to be like Archie Bunker.  Having his cake and Edith too.


    afro


    You're just spewing and spouting your nonsense again.  I enjoy that guys who were on the career scrap heap and would have been cut or given no real chance to play by contenders are now showing they MIGHT have something left to contribute after all.  That would apply to both Garcias, Saladino, Sanchez, Narvaez, Davidson, Kahnle, Schwarzak, etc.  .. Guys that you labeled "Quad A crap".

    I am also glad the Sox decided to play it straight up on the rebuild and didn't fool around with guys you wanted to waste time with like Wieters, Fister, Hammel, Carter, etc. ..

    If they are winning with the so-called Quad-A crap and having the younger prospects develop in the minors, that is the best of all worlds. The only things that would have been better would have been trading Quintana and Frazier for decent prospects before the season. Instead of having to hope they both rebound from their shitty Aprils and have decent trade value again.

    So quite honestly I don't know what the fuck you're talking about with "pessimism" or the like.  To me, this is better than all the falsity of an incredibly hot start last year that raised expectations unrealistically only to let fans down with a thud when the team went into a tailspin in mid-May.  This year when there were no expectations of contending, whatever positive strides that guys in their 20's can make toward becoming decent ballplayers is satisfaction enough.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2417
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:56 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:It is you who is deliberately disagreeing with me. I am in on this rebuild and you want to retool again so the Sox can pretend they are in contention at the trade deadline in hopes of selling another 6 tickets per game to the sheep.


    ****************************


    THANK YOU ROB JR!!!!!  (since you asked)


    The only thing the KARK was wrong about was Avisail Garcia!!!  And I hope he spends the next decade making me look foolish for wasting this spring vehemently demanding a move EVERYBODY on this board would have made had they suddenly found themselves the GM on December 1, 2016.  That is, non tendering his big fat Venezualan ass.

    And damn right THE KARK retools, even if it means trading every Courtney Hawkins and Adam Engel OUR WHITE SOX got.

    Yes, Garcia is making you look foolish right now because your reasoning about cutting him defied common sense.  The Sox had decided to dump Sale and Eaton and rebuild.   What was the sense in cutting a 26 year old that MIGHT finally start showing the potential the front office thought he had  ?  So what if the odds of that were heavily against that ?  The Sox weren't going anywhere this year and they could afford to take the risk he'd suck again.  If he sucks, all that's lost is $ 3 mil, chump change in baseball today.  If he turns his career around, it's a big win.  What's so difficult about seeing the easy decision in giving the guy one more shot - virtually nothing to lose and everything to gain ? 
    So, no not "everybody on this Board" would have cut Garcia.  Please. YOU were the only one who thought (as you often do) that you knew better than a simple common sense logic. Which is why the reasons you gave for cutting Garcia were nonsensical as were the suggestions of other alternatives (e.g. Chris Carter) the Sox should have pursued instead.  

    Finally, Garcia hasn't proved with one hot month that he's not a bust.  He still may be.  All that he's shown so far is that there might be a flicker of hope he can actually do something.  A hope that you, for no good reason, wanted to snuff out.

     






     And no, not "everybody" on this Board would have cut his ass because the Sox
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:00 pm

    You were the one hoping for 100 losses

    I'm hoping for a 10-2 Michael Kopech leading the 2nd half charge

    Some of us enjoying watching our favorite team win

    Others would rather be King Calculator, always looking to number over there mistakes

    PS, Kenny always knew Garcia would be this good, Thank God for Kenny Williams
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:23 pm

    Crmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:It is you who is deliberately disagreeing with me. I am in on this rebuild and you want to retool again so the Sox can pretend they are in contention at the trade deadline in hopes of selling another 6 tickets per game to the sheep.


    ****************************


    THANK YOU ROB JR!!!!!  (since you asked)


    The only thing the KARK was wrong about was Avisail Garcia!!!  And I hope he spends the next decade making me look foolish for wasting this spring vehemently demanding a move EVERYBODY on this board would have made had they suddenly found themselves the GM on December 1, 2016.  That is, non tendering his big fat Venezualan ass.

    And damn right THE KARK retools, even if it means trading every Courtney Hawkins and Adam Engel OUR WHITE SOX got.

    Yes, Garcia is making you look foolish right now because your reasoning about cutting him defied common sense.  The Sox had decided to dump Sale and Eaton and rebuild.   What was the sense in cutting a 26 year old that MIGHT finally start showing the potential the front office thought he had  ?  So what if the odds of that were heavily against that ?  The Sox weren't going anywhere this year and they could afford to take the risk he'd suck again.  If he sucks, all that's lost is $ 3 mil, chump change in baseball today.  If he turns his career around, it's a big win.  What's so difficult about seeing the easy decision in giving the guy one more shot - virtually nothing to lose and everything to gain ? 
    So, no not "everybody on this Board" would have cut Garcia.  Please. YOU were the only one who thought (as you often do) that you knew better than a simple common sense logic. Which is why the reasons you gave for cutting Garcia were nonsensical as were the suggestions of other alternatives (e.g. Chris Carter) the Sox should have pursued instead.  

    Finally, Garcia hasn't proved with one hot month that he's not a bust.  He still may be.  All that he's shown so far is that there might be a flicker of hope he can actually do something.  A hope that you, for no good reason, wanted to snuff out.

     






     And no, not "everybody" on this Board would have cut his ass because the Sox

    LMAO

    First Garcia proves me wrong, but then you claim he may still prove me right.  A sane person sits back and enjoys Super Avisail and prays he never shits out the can of spinach he ate this spring.

    But not you.  

    Now you claim the perfect gamble is just riding a lucky streak.  You want to lecture me about common sense?  Common sense would say enjoy Garcia, but you can't handle being right for all the wrong reasons.  Williams never considered Garcia a long shot.  So why can't you just deal with the fact Kenny was right and both of us were wrong
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7132
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Where did I say you suggested any trades, Mr. Reading Comprehension?

    AT 2:44PM IN THIS VERY THREAD

    I suggested that Kenny Williams will make trades because that's what he does after he throws over the buffet table (upsetting Coop in the process). He trades for some over the hill win nower because he thinks the Sox can make the playoffs!

    tongue

    Let me rephrase the question. Show me where I said that YOU suggested making any trades. Show me where I said, "Kark, you are suggesting that the White Sox make trades."
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7132
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:36 pm

    In the words of the illustrious Bobby Rosebowl, "Retool = Refool!"
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7132
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:37 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:


    And damn right THE KARK retools, even if it means trading every Courtney Hawkins and Adam Engel OUR WHITE SOX got.

    Kark is Reinsdorf's lap dog!
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:43 pm

    White Sox are going to need another lefty in the pen if the White Sox continue to show REBUILDING and SUCKING are not synonymous

    PS nice bomb Super Avi, the player keep because of his 5 tools, not some phony 5 in 1 long shot.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:45 pm

    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:


    And damn right THE KARK retools, even if it means trading every Courtney Hawkins and Adam Engel OUR WHITE SOX got.

    Kark is Reinsdorf's lap dog!


    Better his than Rogers

    WOOF
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 pm

    YES

    Mariners do their job.

    Now White Sox need to do theirs

    This is how baseball is meant to be enjoyed
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2417
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:09 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:You were the one hoping for 100 losses

    I'm hoping for a 10-2 Michael Kopech leading the 2nd half charge

    Some of us enjoying watching our favorite team win

    Others would rather be King Calculator, always looking to number over there mistakes

    PS, Kenny always knew Garcia would be this good, Thank God for Kenny Williams


    Spin, spin, spin...  Of course Williams was a big Garcia backer, but he was also a big Viciedo, Hawkins, and various ex-football players he's drafted fan too. Undoubtedly the stat geeks that Hahn uses were tired of hearing the same old blather about Garcia's "athleticism, potential, etc" .   He was not someone that a team bent on contending was going to keep, and Kenny would have had a tough time convincing Hahn and his staff of keeping Garcia if they were contending.

    But logic dictates that since this team wasn't a playoff team , the nominal costs/risks of keeping Garcia are outweighed by the potential benefits of a 26 year old finally breaking out.  This was a
    concession that was perfectly logical to make to Kenny.  Why fight it,using the tortured logic you used to justify cutting Garcia, if Hahn could just agree "OK, Kenny it's worth giving him one more shot."  When it actually was worth giving him that shot.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:22 pm

    Anderson with a Dawson-esque bomb!!!!

    3 outs away from 1st!!!!!!
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:26 pm

    rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:You were the one hoping for 100 losses

    I'm hoping for a 10-2 Michael Kopech leading the 2nd half charge

    Some of us enjoying watching our favorite team win

    Others would rather be King Calculator, always looking to number over there mistakes

    PS, Kenny always knew Garcia would be this good, Thank God for Kenny Williams


    Spin, spin, spin...  Of course Williams was a big Garcia backer, but he was also a big Viciedo, Hawkins, and various ex-football players he's drafted fan too. Undoubtedly the stat geeks that Hahn uses were tired of hearing the same old blather about Garcia's "athleticism, potential, etc" .   He was not someone that a team bent on contending was going to keep, and Kenny would have had a tough time convincing Hahn and his staff of keeping Garcia if they were contending.

    But logic dictates that since this team wasn't a playoff team , the nominal costs/risks of keeping Garcia are outweighed by the potential benefits of a 26 year old finally breaking out.  This was a
    concession that was perfectly logical to make to Kenny.  Why fight it,using the tortured logic you used to justify cutting Garcia, if Hahn could just agree "OK, Kenny it's worth giving him one more shot."  When it actually was worth giving him that shot.

    Like you said

    Spin spin spin

    BTW if anything is torture is your term papers describing imaginary conversation in the White Sox war room

    HEY ANOTHER HIT BY SUPER AVI!!!
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:42 pm

    WHAT A CATCH BY SUPER AVI!!!!!!!

    KENNY'S 5 TOOL SUPERSTAR JUST PUT OUR WHITE SOX IN FIRST!!!

    HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE WHAT OUR WHITE SOX ARE DOING!?!!?

    TIME TO CLEAR MY OCTOBER CALENDAR!!!!

    THE KARK WANTS TO ROCK WITH SUPER AVI!!!!
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2417
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by rmapasad on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:50 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:You were the one hoping for 100 losses

    I'm hoping for a 10-2 Michael Kopech leading the 2nd half charge

    Some of us enjoying watching our favorite team win

    Others would rather be King Calculator, always looking to number over there mistakes

    PS, Kenny always knew Garcia would be this good, Thank God for Kenny Williams


    Spin, spin, spin...  Of course Williams was a big Garcia backer, but he was also a big Viciedo, Hawkins, and various ex-football players he's drafted fan too. Undoubtedly the stat geeks that Hahn uses were tired of hearing the same old blather about Garcia's "athleticism, potential, etc" .   He was not someone that a team bent on contending was going to keep, and Kenny would have had a tough time convincing Hahn and his staff of keeping Garcia if they were contending.

    But logic dictates that since this team wasn't a playoff team , the nominal costs/risks of keeping Garcia are outweighed by the potential benefits of a 26 year old finally breaking out.  This was a
    concession that was perfectly logical to make to Kenny.  Why fight it,using the tortured logic you used to justify cutting Garcia, if Hahn could just agree "OK, Kenny it's worth giving him one more shot."  When it actually was worth giving him that shot.

    Like you said

    Spin spin spin

    BTW if anything is torture is your term papers describing imaginary conversation in the White Sox war room

    HEY ANOTHER HIT BY SUPER AVI!!!


    OK-  the Sox weren't contending so there was no solid reason to oppose Kenny's desire to give Garcia another shot. Period.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:38 am

    About time you admitted Garcia was a 5 tool stud who just needed to drop 20 lbs and play for a manager with the brains to leave him in RF.

    And let's not forget Matt Davidson!!!!!

    With a little luck, Our White SOX can be honeymooners these year and without Audrey Meadows

    Sponsored content

    Re: Gotta love scoreboard watching in April

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:01 pm