Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

BOURJOS SOLD TO TAMPA

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

BOURJOS SOLD TO TAMPA

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:09 am

A somewhat puzzling, but probably insignificant move by the White Sox.

I guess the strong spring by Jacob May influenced this decision.  Ditto Luery Garcia.

I suspect this will make it a tad bit easier to farm out Rymer Liriano.

It also gives the White Sox the cash needed if they wish to return Dylan Covey to the rule 5 draft.

The odd thing is, Bourjos was on a minor league deal.  The White Sox could have easily farmed him out if they had no room.  But than, would he start in Charlotte?  I doubt it.  Even if he is better than the pack of 25 year old top athletes pretending to be ball players.

So its the unwritten rule.  If you can't start a guy, let him go to a team that will.  Its the same unwritten rule that I hope allows the White Sox to send Liriano to Charlotte.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Re: BOURJOS SOLD TO TAMPA

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:40 am

WIN NOW-RELOAD!!!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:34 pm

A somewhat puzzling, but probably insignificant move by the White Sox.
    I guess the strong spring by Jacob May influenced this decision.  Ditto Luery Garcia.>>
    Actually it shows the Sox are willing to go with the 25-26 year olds over a 30 year old Bourjos even though the 30 year old had a decent spring and was "respectable" enough to hit .255.   Even though Leury and probably Jacob May will struggle to hit .230, the difference between them and Bourjos wasn't enough to worry about.  Particularly because by 2019-2020 Bourjos will likely be selling insurance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 pm