Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

REPUBLICANS!!!

Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

REPUBLICANS!!!

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:45 pm

ROTFLMFAO!!!!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: REPUBLICANS!!!

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 am

I assume this about RINO Ryan completely fucking up the much needed repeal of Obamacare.

This just re-enforces my opinion that the only practical solution is single payer.  And why would a conservative believe this?  Because I understand that the purpose of insurance is to spread the risk.  Meaning everybody pays a little so nobody pays a lot.  In theory, spreading the risk over the entire American population should produce the best possible cost.

Conversely, it also re-enforces my fear it would never get past Congress.  And that fear extends beyond the notion that those evil republicans just want us all to get sick and die because that is how the rich make money.

Single payer will never pass because:
    1) Single payer means single payer.  No special exemptions for unions or fat cat corporations or government workers.  If you think about it, any solution to any problem means somebody will have to pay more/get less than they are now.  In this case it will be the unions and fat cats and gov workers.  These groups will oppose single payer just like they opposed Obamacare.
    2)  Single payer suggests single payee.  Meaning the most efficient way to have single payer healthcare is to nationalize all the doctors and hospitals and ER's, put them under federal control and make all the doctors and nurses federal employees.  I suspect these groups would resist.  Especially the clerical staffs in the medical profession, many of whom will no longer be needed.
    3)  Single payer means no other payer.  So bye bye health insurance companies.  And good luck to all your employees in their new careers.  I know these groups will resist.  Nobody wants to willingly go out of business or lose a job.
    4)  The tax increase shell game.  Yes, taxes would have to increase massively to pay for a single payer system.  Especially one that also has to pay doctor and nurses salaries.  However, what the right wing radio shows never mention is that the boatloads of cash employers and employees will now have in their pockets due to the elimination of healthcare insurance costs.  Meaning, if my employer is paying $15K a year to cover my family, does he really care where that cash goes; as long as his employees get coverage?  Because regardless of where it goes, its already out of his pocket.  In other words, the trillions being paid to the insurance industry will now be paid to the federal department of medical services.  

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:34 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:I assume this about RINO Ryan completely fucking up the much needed repeal of Obamacare.

This just re-enforces my opinion that the only practical solution is single payer.  And why would a conservative believe this?  Because I understand that the purpose of insurance is to spread the risk.  Meaning everybody pays a little so nobody pays a lot.  In theory, spreading the risk over the entire American population should produce the best possible cost.

Conversely, it also re-enforces my fear it would never get past Congress.  And that fear extends beyond the notion that those evil republicans just want us all to get sick and die because that is how the rich make money.

Single payer will never pass because:
    1) Single payer means single payer.  No special exemptions for unions or fat cat corporations or government workers.  If you think about it, any solution to any problem means somebody will have to pay more/get less than they are now.  In this case it will be the unions and fat cats and gov workers.  These groups will oppose single payer just like they opposed Obamacare.
    2)  Single payer suggests single payee.  Meaning the most efficient way to have single payer healthcare is to nationalize all the doctors and hospitals and ER's, put them under federal control and make all the doctors and nurses federal employees.  I suspect these groups would resist.  Especially the clerical staffs in the medical profession, many of whom will no longer be needed.
    3)  Single payer means no other payer.  So bye bye health insurance companies.  And good luck to all your employees in their new careers.  I know these groups will resist.  Nobody wants to willingly go out of business or lose a job.
    4)  The tax increase shell game.  Yes, taxes would have to increase massively to pay for a single payer system.  Especially one that also has to pay doctor and nurses salaries.  However, what the right wing radio shows never mention is that the boatloads of cash employers and employees will now have in their pockets due to the elimination of healthcare insurance costs.  Meaning, if my employer is paying $15K a year to cover my family, does he really care where that cash goes; as long as his employees get coverage?  Because regardless of where it goes, its already out of his pocket.  In other words, the trillions being paid to the insurance industry will now be paid to the federal department of medical services.  
    In spite of my overwhelming desire to deliberately disagree with you, I must say that you actually posted a rational proposal worthy of an accountant with a somewhat elevated IQ!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:30 pm

Why thank you Frank.

BTW, I'm would assume any disagreement coming from a distinguished gentleman like yourself would be based upon the merits of your position, and not based on spite for one of my other personalities.

I also must admit I am torn on this issue.  Like I mentioned b4, my employer spends $15K a year to cover my family, that is about 75% to cover medical, dental, and vision.  Starting in 2017, they also cover 40% of the $5000 medical deductable.

Trust me when I tell you I would be better off just getting a $17K raise and no insurance.  The reason I would be better off is I would get a much cheaper policy with a much high deductible and place the difference in an HSA and let that baby grow.  This is the plan I want.  However, I realize this will never be an option because far too many would spend the $17K on flat screen TV's and Disney vacations.  Plus I know far too many people who's brains shutdown the second they hear high deductible.

So I decided the next best alternative would be a true single payer/single payee, everything is run by the feds, system.  It would definitely be less work for me than the system I described in the paragraph above.  However, I'm not sure how to handle certain medical prodcedures.  For example, boob jobs and nose jobs.  If some lady wants to go from a C to DD, than that should come out of her own pocket, not my tax dollars

Anywho, enjoy your weekend

OXOXXOOX
    THE KARK

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:44 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Why thank you Frank.

BTW, I'm would assume any disagreement coming from a distinguished gentleman like yourself would be based upon the merits of your position, and not based on spite for one of my other personalities.

I also must admit I am torn on this issue.  Like I mentioned b4, my employer spends $15K a year to cover my family, that is about 75% to cover medical, dental, and vision.  Starting in 2017, they also cover 40% of the $5000 medical deductable.

Trust me when I tell you I would be better off just getting a $17K raise and no insurance.  The reason I would be better off is I would get a much cheaper policy with a much high deductible and place the difference in an HSA and let that baby grow.  This is the plan I want.  However, I realize this will never be an option because far too many would spend the $17K on flat screen TV's and Disney vacations.  Plus I know far too many people who's brains shutdown the second they hear high deductible.

So I decided the next best alternative would be a true single payer/single payee, everything is run by the feds, system.  It would definitely be less work for me than the system I described in the paragraph above.  However, I'm not sure how to handle certain medical prodcedures.  For example, boob jobs and nose jobs.  If some lady wants to go from a C to DD, than that should come out of her own pocket, not my tax dollars

Anywho, enjoy your weekend

OXOXXOOX
    THE KARK
    I agree -and I don't want to pay for your nose job!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:34 pm

I agree -and I don't want to pay for your nose job!

THAT'S NOT THE TYPE OF JOB THE KARK PAYS FOR

Razz
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:41 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:I agree -and I don't want to pay for your nose job!

THAT'S NOT THE TYPE OF JOB THE KARK PAYS FOR

Razz

Speaking of which, someone was busted for prostitution at the Pine Tree. You know anything about that? Wink
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:07 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 pm