Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Tim Anderson Extended

rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Re: Tim Anderson Extended

Post by rmapasad on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:09 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:This last statement is strictly an invention of yours. I've NEVER given odds on Anderson and have said "I fully expect improvement from him".  

THEN WHAT WAS ALL THAT CRAP ABOUT MATCHING TY COBBS 38% BATTED BALL RATIO?!?!?!?!?!?

Talk about "deliberately disagreeing".  By twisting or extrapolating other peoples' words you create an opinion for them they never directly expressed or intended. 

HOW THE FUCK IS ONE SUPPOSE TO TAKE YOUR TY COBB REFERENCE?!?!?  A SANE PERSON WOULD TAKE IT AS EXTREMELY RARE.  A HELL OF A LOT RARER THAN 15%

AND HOW MUCH DOES GARCIA'S 15% DROP WHEN YOU START LOOKING AT HIS UNDERLYING RATIO INSTEAD OF COMPARING HIM TO ERIC KARROS AND ANYBODY ELSE THAT MANAGED TO DIP BELOW 700OPS DURING THEIR AGE 25 SEASON?!?!

THE FACT YOU DID THIS TO ANDERSON AND NOT GARCIA IS WHY I GET THE IMPRESSION YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO DELIBERATELY DISAGREE WITH ME!

I have said all along TA needs to cut back on the K's so that he doesn't have to maintain a Cobb-like .383 hit balls avg..
    Simple math    600 AB 's -160 K's  = 440 BIP *.383 hit balls avg= 169 hits/600 AB = .281 BA  but if the HBA goes down then:
                          600 AB's - 160 K's  = 440 BIP * .340 HBA  = 150 hits/600 AB = .250 BA   so the solution is:
                          600 AB's - 100 K's  = 500 BIP * .340 HBA  = 170 hits/600 AB = .283 BA
    .340 HBA is still higher than league average but TA may be able to maintain it because he gets a lot of leg hits. 

The other thing he has to work on is BB's.   His OBP-BA was only a 23 pt. spread, so .283 BA only gets him a .306 OBP.  He needs a Slugging % of .534 to reach 850 OPS with that kind of lowly OBP and that would require a 250 ISO (534-283 BA).  Tall order since his ISO last year was 149.   But if more BB's gets his OBP-BA spread to 60-65 pts. that reduces his needs to .493 SLug/ 210 ISO.  

These aren't easy things to do but he CAN do them and he's young and has time to do them.  And Sox can afford to be patient these next couple years especially.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:21 am

SOUND TO ME LIKE YOU ARE CLAIMING NO WAY IN FREAKIN HELL ANDERSON EVER GETS TO 850 OPS.  SOUND LIKE YOU ARE CLAIMING HE PEAKS AT 810  >>

Final word on Anderson.  Not saying it's impossible for him to have a couple of mid 800's seasons eventually but he's got some big work to do - cut down on K's, up his BB's and increase power. But even more importantly, it isn't necessary for him to do that to be valuable.   Jeter had a career 817, Larkin 815 and Ripken 787 . .All these guys had K rates down in the 10-15 % range and  7- 8 % BB rates their first FULL seasons in the majors, not the 27 % K, 3 % BB rate Anderson had in his 400 PA's last year.

So to expect 850 in his peak seasons and finish with an 800 or better career seems like a very tall order for any SS, particularly for a guy that doesn't come to the majors with the offensive polish of SS's who've accomplished that.

If TA can continue his good glovework, be a good SB guy, add some power and plate discipline I think a career in the mid-high 700's would make him valuable.

As to Garcia, once more adding power is his only salvation and his size and body type in theory might make that possible.  But he has no other redeeming skills to save his ass if that power doesn't come around and soon.   The clock is at 11:45 with him whereas it's only at 2:00 PM for Anderson.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:00 am

So to expect 850 in his peak seasons and finish with an 800 or better career

AND JUST WHERE DID THE KARK PREDICT A 800 CAREER OPS?!?!?!?!

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:54 am