Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Out of Options

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Out of Options

Post by alohafri on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:39 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    He was so "useful" that he was non-tendered.  

Obviously the GM that non-tendered him doesn't have an IQ of 234.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:38 pm

rmapasad wrote:<CARTER IS ONLY MAKING $100K MORE!!!!!!!   SOME PLAYERS DO LAST INTO THEIR 30'S AND SOMETIMES 40'S.>>
    Like Carter's prototype, Adam Dunn, who began his decline at age 31 and was out of baseball by 34 ?  Carter wasn't even remotely close to as good as Dunn at ages 26-29.  Sluggers who hang around in their mid-late 30's who weren't on 'roids are All Stars or Hall of Famer types not schleppers like Chris Carter.

A HR CHAMP JUST MARGINALLY USEFUL LMAO!!!!!  >>
    He was so "useful" that he was non-tendered.  That will happen when a guy is the strikeout champ, hits .222, plays 1b with the range of a tree stump, and puts up less than 1 WAR. 

DAVID ORTIZ WAS CUT BY THE TWINS AFTER THE 2002 SEASON AT THE RIP OLD AGE OF 26.  HOW WAS HIS SPEED AND DEFENSE?!?!?!?!

<CALLING 2017-2018 MEANINGLESS IS JUST MORE OF YOUR FALSE CHOICES AND LAZY, SLOPPY LOGIC.  IN TERMS CREAM COULD UNDERSTAND, YOU DON'T PASS UP AN OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE OUT A HOT BLONDE JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE PLANNING TO DO YOUR LAUNDRY THAT NIGHT >>
    "An opportunity" for what ?  To win 70 games instead of 68 in 2017 ?
    More of this dumb strategy of yours where the team is not giving 25-28 year olds

WRONG.  ITS YOUR DUMB STRATEGY TO LUMP EVERY 25-28 YEAR INTO THE SAME CATEGORY.  YOUNG DOESN'T MEAN GOOD.  I CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE.  YOU APPARENTLY CANNOT

the chance because they are diving on 30+ year old "jewels in the rough" instead.  All to artificially prop up the "RESPECTABILITY" of a team that is rebuilding. 

THIS IS THE OUTRIGHT LIE YOU AND THAT TEACHER KEEP REPEATING.  APPARENTLY NIETHER OF YOU CAN COMPREHEND THAT A TEAM SHOULD ALWAYS LOOK FOR WAYS TO IMPROVE.  PROCLAIMING DANNY HAYES SHOULD BE THE DH FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS ONE OF THE DUMBEST THINGS I HAVE EVER READ.

Chris Carter will be out of baseball or hitting .185 in 2019-2020.  Such a player has NO FUCKING BUSINESS on the '17 Sox roster.. Just as the rebuilding Brewers concluded when they cut his ass this winter.

AND JUST HOW DO YOU KNOW HE WILL BE BATTING 185?!?!?!?!?!

YOUR HEROES AVISAIL GARCIA AND DANNY HAYES HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING ON THE WHITE SOX EITHER.

BTW, CHRIS CARTER SUCKS SO BAD THE YANKEES SIGNED HIM.  AND WHAT DO THE YANKEES KNOW ABOUT WINNING?!?!!?!?

ANOTHER THING, BREWER CUT CARTER TO SAVE MONEY.  CRYING SHAME THE WHITE SOX DIDN'T DO THE SAME WITH AVISAIL GARCIA.  AND LETS NOT FORGET ITS YOU CLAIMING THE WHITE SOX NEED HIS 701OPS INSTEAD OF THE 620 OPS OF AN ENGEL OR A MAY.

SO AGAIN, YOU CONTRADICT YOURSELF
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:11 pm

DAVID ORTIZ WAS CUT BY THE TWINS AFTER THE 2002 SEASON AT THE RIP OLD AGE OF 26.  HOW WAS HIS SPEED AND DEFENSE?!?!?!?! >>

Just goes to show what can happen when teams give up on a guy too soon Very Happy Very Happy But Carter ain't Ortiz or even close. Ortiz put up a 961 OPS at age 27 and went on from there. Carter has been in the bottom 1/3 of first base WAR these last three years.

WRONG.  ITS YOUR DUMB STRATEGY TO LUMP EVERY 25-28 YEAR INTO THE SAME CATEGORY.  YOUNG DOESN'T MEAN GOOD.  I CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE.  YOU APPARENTLY CANNOT>

Here's what it boils down to. The "average" trajectory of a 26 year old is up and the average trajectory of a 31 year old is down. But then we have to measure that from where a guy starts.

26 year old Garcia's starting point is the basement at -.5 WAR last year and 30 year old Carter's starting point is the top of the basement steps at 1 WAR last year. Guys improve an average of .8 WAR from ages 26 to 29. That means if Garcia follows form, he's only made it part way up the basement steps and sits at +.3 WAR in 2019. Not acceptable.
    On the other hand, guys lose an average of 1.2 WAR from age 30-32. So that puts Carter a few steps from the basement at -.2 WAR by age 32. Not acceptable either.
    Bottom line is neither are good bets, and while Carter is a better player now, by the time he hits 32 he probably won't be. IF you don't think this is the kind of analysis that front offices do (all of whom have statistical number crunchers now) you are crazy. Before they lay out millions, these guys want to know what their likely ROI will be.
    Granted, I think Garcia's odds are lousy and using exactly this kind of analysis, the Sox front office would have been justified in non-tendering him. By the same token, in today's world $ 3 million isn't that big a flyer and there is probably some emotion in this too - the Sox want to recoup their investment from the Peavy trade if possible and they do have some justification in believing that 26 year olds will get better. But while the "LOT" better that Garcia needs to get is probably a pipe dream, 2017 is a year to try for pipe dreams.

rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:35 pm

BTW, CHRIS CARTER SUCKS SO BAD THE YANKEES SIGNED HIM.  AND WHAT DO THE YANKEES KNOW ABOUT WINNING?!?!!?!?>>
    Now you agree with the point we've been making all along. Yes, Carter makes sense as a win-now move and the Yankees are playing win-now. Carter is on a one year deal and at age 30 it's a good bet that he has another productive season left before he declines at ages 31-32. Plus the RF fence in NY is good for his LHed power.
    Besides, Yankees aren't counting heavily on Carter. They have a young 1bman, Bird, who looks good and could take most of the PT there. They shelled out $ 3 mil and that's chump change for one of the richest teams in baseball. So whatever Carter gives them at age 30 this season is just icing on the cake - manna from heaven.
    Totally different deal if it's the Sox who have to be concerned about what a guy looks like in 2019 and by then at age 32 ,Carter ain't likely to be a very pretty picture.

ANOTHER THING, BREWER CUT CARTER TO SAVE MONEY.  CRYING SHAME THE WHITE SOX DIDN'T DO THE SAME WITH AVISAIL GARCIA.  AND LETS NOT FORGET ITS YOU CLAIMING THE WHITE SOX NEED HIS 701OPS INSTEAD OF THE 620 OPS OF AN ENGEL OR A MAY >>

Brewers were looking at Carter asking for $ 5 mil plus in arb this year considering he was the NL HR leader plus he's 30, and the Brew Crew probably isn't contending again for another 2-3 yrs. so where would Carter fit into that picture ?
    As to Garcia v. Engel/May, my only point was that the Sox logically want to give the shot to the guy who needs to prove something in the majors this year, and Engel and May both have options and still need to prove something in AAA.

ANOTHER THING, BREWER CUT CARTER TO SAVE MONEY.  CRYING SHAME THE WHITE SOX DIDN'T DO THE SAME WITH AVISAIL GARCIA.  AND LETS NOT FORGET ITS YOU CLAIMING THE WHITE SOX NEED HIS 701OPS INSTEAD OF THE 620 OPS OF AN ENGEL OR A MAY.

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 pm

As to Garcia v. Engel/May, my only point was that the Sox logically want to give the shot to the guy who needs to prove something in the majors this year, and Engel and May both have options and still need to prove something in AAA.

AND MY POINT IS THAT GARCIA HAS ALREADY PROVED IT THE PAST 3 YEARS

PS, YOU REALLY HAVE TO GET OVER THIS SILLY ASSERTION THAT 2017/2018 ARE MEANNGLESS

THEY STILL HAVE TO PLAY THE GAMES.

PLUS, AS I HAVE POSTED ELSEWHERE, 80% OF THE 2020 WORLD SERIES ROTATION JUST MIGHT BE READY BY SEPTEMBER.

SO RIDDLE ME THIS BATMAN.  WHERE DOES THE OFFENSE COME FROM?!?!?!?  AVISAIL GARCIA AND CODY ASCHE?!?!?!?
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:50 pm

he's only made it part way up the basement steps and sits at +.3 WAR in 2019. Not acceptable.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

THE SAME KIND OF GENERIC, OVER SIMPLISTIC, COOKIE CUTTER ANALYSIS THAT LEAD YOU TO CLAIM JOHN DANKS SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT OVER MARK BUEHRLE

WHAT YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT AT THE MAJOR LEAGUE LEVEL, YOU REALLY NEED TO DRILL DOWN DEEPER THAN THE GENERAL TREND.  
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:51 pm

LET'S EXPOSE ROGER SOME MORE

I'M SURE HE IS WELL AWARE OF SIMILIARITY SCORES.

WELL HERE ARE THE MOST SIMILIAR TO AVISAIL.  NOTICE THE TOTAL ABSENCE OF JOSE GUILLEN

imilar Batters through 25
    [list="margin: 6px 9px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; list-style-type: none; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: \"Helvetica Neue", helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"]
    [*]Ollie Brown (977.4)

[*]Jerry Turner (973.Cool

[*]Jerry Morales (972.4)

[*]Leron Lee (969.2)

[*]David Green (965.4)

[*]Roy White (964.7)

[*]George Wright (964.6)

[*]Lastings Milledge (963.1)

[*]Charlie James (962.7)

[*]Cleon Jones (962.6)

[/list]
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:05 pm

PS, A LOT OF pathetic seasons from this bunch starting at age 26, Avisail current age.  

And even the rare good year would occur b4 the equivalent of 2020

The year some here think all the magic will just automatically happen.

Need I remind this board of what happened to the 1983 rotation, or 1993 rotation, or 2005 rotation.

Nope, you all are to busy thinking young garbage is rebuilding
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:20 am

PS, YOU REALLY HAVE TO GET OVER THIS SILLY ASSERTION THAT 2017/2018 ARE MEANNGLESS
    PLUS, AS I HAVE POSTED ELSEWHERE, 80% OF THE 2020 WORLD SERIES ROTATION JUST MIGHT BE READY BY SEPTEMBER.
    SO RIDDLE ME THIS BATMAN.  WHERE DOES THE OFFENSE COME FROM?!?!?!?  AVISAIL GARCIA AND CODY ASCHE?!?!?!?

Answer this simply and directly: say the Sox had done what you wanted and cut Garcia and picked up Chris Carter. What the hell would that have accomplished ?  What EXACT PURPOSE would shopping in the vet free agent bargain basement for the likes of Fister, Carter, etc.  have served ?

rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:47 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:LET'S EXPOSE ROGER SOME MORE

I'M SURE HE IS WELL AWARE OF SIMILIARITY SCORES.

WELL HERE ARE THE MOST SIMILIAR TO AVISAIL.  NOTICE THE TOTAL ABSENCE OF JOSE GUILLEN

imilar Batters through 25

• Ollie Brown (977.4)

• Jerry Turner (973.Cool

• Jerry Morales (972.4)

• Leron Lee (969.2)

• David Green (965.4)

• Roy White (964.7)

• George Wright (964.6)

• Lastings Milledge (963.1)

• Charlie James (962.7)

• Cleon Jones (962.6)

"Exposing me" about Garcia is laughable when I was skeptical of him from Day 1 and many Board members were giving me shit a few years ago for dumping on him. If the Sox were still playing win-now I'd be the first to say the Sox should cut him and get a better solution in free agency.

But since 2017 isn't about win-now  and there aren't any in-house alternatives whose odds of amounting to something look any better, why not play him ?  I'd say he has a 50% chance of busting again, a 40% chance of modest but inadequate improvement and a 10% chance of significant improvement.   One thing Similarity Scores don't account for is occasional power surges guys get in their mid-late 20s.  Rare but they can happen.

But the real key is: IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE FAILS AGAIN.  If you could explain what REAL damage his failure in 2017 will do to the Sox then you'd finally a have point. 
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:12 am

"Exposing me" about Garcia is laughable when I was skeptical of him from Day 1 and many Board members were giving me shit a few years ago for dumping on him.

AND INSTEAD OF TAKING YOUR VICTORY LAP, YOU THREW IT ALL AWAY BY FLIP FLOPPING
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:21 am

rmapasad wrote:

Answer this simply and directly: say the Sox had done what you wanted and cut Garcia and picked up Chris Carter. What the hell would that have accomplished ?  What EXACT PURPOSE would shopping in the vet free agent bargain basement for the likes of Fister, Carter, etc.  have served ?

MORE FALSE CHOICES.

As to what it accomplishes, Carter gives better runs support while here which helps the trade value of Quintana and Robertson as well has the development of any young pitcher like Rodon.  then it gives the Sox another chip to trade in July.

Fister would give a 6th starter, or should I say 4C.  He would make it less likely a top kids gets called up prematurely.  It might also encourage Hahn to trade Quintana sooner than later.  

I'd rather keep the real prospects on the farm in 2017 and having real mlb players allows me to do that.  Your open audition of longshots does not.  In fact, when 90% of them fail and screamed to be replaced by Mother's Day, guess who the callup would be
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:28 am

But the real key is: IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE FAILS AGAIN. 

It costs the White Sox $3mil and the opportunity to give another player an extended look

But Hey, if the White Sox only make the World Series every 40 or so years, then you are correct, non of this matters
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:14 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

YOUR HEROES AVISAIL GARCIA AND DANNY HAYES 

This is an outright lie that you keep repeating!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:19 am

Deplorable Mark wrote: 

I'd rather keep the real prospects on the farm in 2017 and having real mlb players allows me to do that.  

Why? What is the difference between winning 70 games and 60 games? Not a damn thing! Everyone knows the White Sox are going to suck this year. Most know they will probably suck next year as well. How much quality do you really get in those trade deadline trades anyway? Most likely you are going to get guys who might have a chance but will more likely fill up your minor league rosters so they can field teams.

In a rebuild, I'd rather they suck than be mediocre.

Retool! Reload! 
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:20 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

As to what it accomplishes, Carter gives better runs support while here which helps the trade value of Quintana and Robertson as well has the development of any young pitcher like Rodon.  then it gives the Sox another chip to trade in July.

And if Carter sucks? 
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:26 am

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

YOUR HEROES AVISAIL GARCIA AND DANNY HAYES 

This is an outright lie that you keep repeating!

FIGHTING FIRE WITH FIRE
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:40 am

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote: 

I'd rather keep the real prospects on the farm in 2017 and having real mlb players allows me to do that.  

Why? What is the difference between winning 70 games and 60 games? Not a damn thing! Everyone knows the White Sox are going to suck this year. Most know they will probably suck next year as well. How much quality do you really get in those trade deadline trades anyway? Most likely you are going to get guys who might have a chance but will more likely fill up your minor league rosters so they can field teams.

Retool! Reload! 

GEE, I DIDN'T KNOW THE WHITE SOX COULD CHOOSE BETWEEN SUCKING AND BEING MEDIOCRE.  I SURE HOPE GUYS LIKE ANDERSON AND RODON AND ALL THOSE 25 YEAR OLD OUTFIELDERS AND ANY OF THE GOLDEN ARMS THAT MAY GET CALLED UP THIS SUMMER REALIZE THEY BETTER NOT PLAY TOO WELL BECAUSE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO SUCK.

DO YOU THINK ANDERSON HAS A CLAUSE IN HIS NEW CONTRACT STATING HE DOESN'T HAVE TO TRY UNTIL 2020?!?!?!?

AND AREN'T YOU THE ONE THAT TOLD ME YOU AND YOUR CREW WOULD PREFER ALL THE KIDS FROM SALE AND EATON SPEND THE YEAR IN THE MINORS?!?!?!?!

AGAIN, YOUR COUNTER ARGUMENT IS NOTHING BUT FALSE CHOICES AND GENERIC SCENARIOS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION

BTW, WHY DOES 2018 HAVE TO SUCK?!?!?!?!

AS I POINTED OUT IN ANOTHER POST, GOOD CHANCE THAT 4/5 OF THE 2020 WHITE SOX WORLD SERIES ROTATION WILL BE READY TO GO ON OPENING DAY 2018.  KINDA REMINDS ME OF 1990 ONLY THIS TIME, YOU HAVE 2 WILDCARDS AND NO OAKLAND A'S DOMINATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.

I'D RATHER SEE THE WHITE SOX PICK THE RIGHT PROSPECTS AND WATCH THEM TURN INTO ALL STARS THEN PLAY A BUNCH OF SHITTY 25 YEAR OLDS AND CALL IT REBUILDING.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:57 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote: 

Retool! Reload! 

GEE, I DIDN'T KNOW THE WHITE SOX COULD CHOOSE BETWEEN SUCKING AND BEING MEDIOCRE.  I SURE HOPE GUYS LIKE ANDERSON AND RODON AND ALL THOSE 25 YEAR OLD OUTFIELDERS AND ANY OF THE GOLDEN ARMS THAT MAY GET CALLED UP THIS SUMMER REALIZE THEY BETTER NOT PLAY TOO WELL BECAUSE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO SUCK.

DO YOU THINK ANDERSON HAS A CLAUSE IN HIS NEW CONTRACT STATING HE DOESN'T HAVE TO TRY UNTIL 2020?!?!?!?

AND AREN'T YOU THE ONE THAT TOLD ME YOU AND YOUR CREW WOULD PREFER ALL THE KIDS FROM SALE AND EATON SPEND THE YEAR IN THE MINORS?!?!?!?!

AGAIN, YOUR COUNTER ARGUMENT IS NOTHING BUT FALSE CHOICES AND GENERIC SCENARIOS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION

BTW, WHY DOES 2018 HAVE TO SUCK?!?!?!?!

AS I POINTED OUT IN ANOTHER POST, GOOD CHANCE THAT 4/5 OF THE 2020 WHITE SOX WORLD SERIES ROTATION WILL BE READY TO GO ON OPENING DAY 2018.  KINDA REMINDS ME OF 1990 ONLY THIS TIME, YOU HAVE 2 WILDCARDS AND NO OAKLAND A'S DOMINATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.

I'D RATHER SEE THE WHITE SOX PICK THE RIGHT PROSPECTS AND WATCH THEM TURN INTO ALL STARS THEN PLAY A BUNCH OF SHITTY 25 YEAR OLDS AND CALL IT REBUILDING.

Mr. Potatohead! Mr. Potatohead! It's a team game. Anderson and Rodon could have years that make Cal Ripken Jr. and Tom Seaver blush and the White Sox are still going to suck. Everyone will (read, should) be playing hard because it is what they are paid to do. 

Last year guys didn't play hard. Heck, the last few years with laid back Ventura guys were phoning it in.

They will "probably suck" does not mean they will suck. However, they will not be a playoff team in 2018 which, in my mind, means they will suck.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 am

I'D RATHER SEE THE WHITE SOX PICK THE RIGHT PROSPECTS AND WATCH THEM TURN INTO ALL STARS THEN PLAY A BUNCH OF SHITTY 25 YEAR OLDS AND CALL IT REBUILDING. >>>

All the more reason for the Sox to get high picks in the 2018-2019 amateur drafts.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:27 am

rmapasad wrote:I'D RATHER SEE THE WHITE SOX PICK THE RIGHT PROSPECTS AND WATCH THEM TURN INTO ALL STARS THEN PLAY A BUNCH OF SHITTY 25 YEAR OLDS AND CALL IT REBUILDING. >>>

All the more reason for the Sox to get high picks in the 2018-2019 amateur drafts.

And with one last sentence, Kark supports our argument. Thank you. Thank you very much! Have a great evening folks! Elvis has left the building!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:41 am

Mr. Potatohead! Mr. Potatohead! It's a team game. Anderson and Rodon could have years that make Cal Ripken Jr. and Tom Seaver blush and the White Sox are still going to suck. Everyone will (read, should) be playing hard because it is what they are paid to do. 
    Last year guys didn't play hard. Heck, the last few years with laid back Ventura guys were phoning it in.
    They will "probably suck" does not mean they will suck. However, they will not be a playoff team in 2018 which, in my mind, means they will suck.

Guys will be trying hard this year because they want to save their careers. 
    Clearly there were plenty of guys who underperformed the last couple years - Abreu, LaRoche, Robertson, Cabrera, Shields, and they had guaranteed multi-year deals.   Whether it was lack of effort or age decline, they failed to meet expectations. 
    Now there are no expectations from this 2017 Sox team.  So whoever steps up and shows themselves to be worthy of a job in 2018 and hopefully 2019-2020 will be a bonus.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:44 am

alohafri wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:I'D RATHER SEE THE WHITE SOX PICK THE RIGHT PROSPECTS AND WATCH THEM TURN INTO ALL STARS THEN PLAY A BUNCH OF SHITTY 25 YEAR OLDS AND CALL IT REBUILDING. >>>

And with one last sentence, Kark supports our argument. Thank you. Thank you very much! Have a great evening folks! Elvis has left the building!

More like you have lost your mind.

Its one thing to throw away Sale and Eaton because you think you are getting some real talent.  and I believe there is zero disagreement that the White Sox should double down on those moves by trading Quintana and Robertson and Frazier.

It's quite another to claim you should be playing for draft picks.

and just how do we know the White Sox will suck out loud?!?!?!?  Abreau bounces back, Frazier and Cabrera playing in a contract year.  Tim Anderson looks like a superstar in the making.  Maybe Garcia makes the KARK look like an idiot and turns into Jose Guillen.  Maybe Cody Asche responds to the change of scenary.  Maybe Moncada comes up in June and shows everybody why is was the best prospect in baseball.  Shields can bounce back.  Robertson can bounce back.  Quintana can go 10-2 in the first half....

There are so many ways to sabotage the 100 losses you misguidenly crave.

And your idea gets even sillier in 2018.  The team's pathway to being 1990 reincarnated is clearly visible.  may not materialized, but the pathway is there.  the KARK would much rather see the 2018 White Sox whiz kids capture the 2nd wildcard than watch a 100 loss season because the talent we thought was there wasn't.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:57 am

rmapasad wrote:

Guys will be trying hard this year because they want to save their careers. 
    Clearly there were plenty of guys who underperformed the last couple years - Abreu, LaRoche, Robertson, Cabrera, Shields, and they had guaranteed multi-year deals.   Whether it was lack of effort or age decline, they failed to meet expectations. 
    Now there are no expectations from this 2017 Sox team.  So whoever steps up and shows themselves to be worthy of a job in 2018 and hopefully 2019-2020 will be a bonus.

NOBODY ARGUES PUTTING THE CART IN FRONT OF THE HORSE BETTER THAN ROGER.

AND I JUST LOVE THE GENERIC VAGUE STATEMENTS FROM THE TEACHER.

SO SUCKING MEANS NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS.

WELL GEE PROFESSOR, DOES THAT MEAN 82 WINS OR 62 WINS?!?!!?!?!?

AND JUST HOW DO YOU ENCOURAGE PLAYERS TO PLAY HARD WHILE AT THE SAME TIME HOPING THEY LOSE FOR DRAFT PICKS

THE REAL ISSUE IS YOU TWO INSIST ON CALLING APATHY AN ARGUMENT WHILE PRETENDING WHAT IS BAD FOR 2017 MUST BE GOOD FOR 2020 AND VICE VERSA.  TRUTH IS, NEITHER HAVE MADE ONE REAL ARGUMENT  THAT SHOWS WHAT I HAVE SUGGESTED WOULD HURT THE REBUILDING PROCESS.  FLAWED STUDIES AND ERRONOUS CONCLUSIONS OF 10% AND DRAFT PICK DAYDREAMS ARE NOT ARUGMENTS.  

BTW, THERE ARE EXPECTATIONS FOR THE 2017 WHITE SOX.  PLAY 25 GUYS THAT BELONG IN MAJOR LEAGUE UNIFORMS.  NOT CLOWNS LIKE AVISAIL GARCIA AND GEO SOTO
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:59 pm

BTW, THERE ARE EXPECTATIONS FOR THE 2017 WHITE SOX.  PLAY 25 GUYS THAT BELONG IN MAJOR LEAGUE UNIFORMS.  NOT CLOWNS LIKE AVISAIL GARCIA AND GEO SOTO  >>

So what was the solution to Geo Soto ?  Two years of Matt Wieters at $ 21 million ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:53 am