Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    Out of Options

    Share
    avatar
    sox55
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1869
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 62
    Location : Pleasant Prairie , WI

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by sox55 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:54 am

    "ONLY PLAYERS TRADED WHERE IN THE DRAKE LAROUCHE FACTION OF NAMBLA!!!!!"


    VERY TRUE, and UNTIL Quentana is traded for as much OR more than Sale and Eaton, it's "business as usual" for Unkie Jer's team!
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7215
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by alohafri on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:11 am

    Chris Carter is Black for Adam Dunn. LMAO.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7215
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by alohafri on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:13 am

    The one or two year rentals are already in the system and are much cheaper than Fistfuck and WaituntilIcanhitagain. They don't cost anything.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:07 am

    alohafri wrote:Chris Carter is Black for Adam Dunn. LMAO.


    AVISAIL GARCIA IS SPANISH FOR SUCKING OUT LOUD
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:09 am

    alohafri wrote:The one or two year rentals are already in the system and are much cheaper than Fistfuck and WaituntilIcanhitagain. They don't cost anything.



    They cost at least $500K each.  Not to mention lifelong fans like Cream


    To paraphrase GK Chesteron: QuadA crap does not cease being QuadA crap because you claim you are rebuilding
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7215
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by alohafri on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:16 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:The one or two year rentals are already in the system and are much cheaper than Fistfuck and WaituntilIcanhitagain. They don't cost anything.



    They cost at least $500K each.  Not to mention lifelong fans like Cream


    To paraphrase GK Chesteron: QuadA crap does not cease being QuadA crap because you claim you are rebuilding

    Quad A crap is cheaper than MLB retreads who are trying to make a comeback after injuries. That's like rebuilding your house with nails you took out of your neighbor's walls.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:42 pm

    Quad A crap is cheaper than MLB retreads who are trying to make a comeback after injuries. That's like rebuilding your house with nails you took out of your neighbor's walls.


    *********************************


    Your method of fishing nails out of garbage cans is clearly superior.


    Glad you are so concerned about Reinsdorf wallet
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7215
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by alohafri on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:54 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Quad A crap is cheaper than MLB retreads who are trying to make a comeback after injuries. That's like rebuilding your house with nails you took out of your neighbor's walls.


    *********************************


    Your method of fishing nails out of garbage cans is clearly superior.


    Glad you are so concerned about Reinsdorf wallet

    I'm not concerned with Reinsdorf's wallet. I just know that there isn't a crowbar big enough to open his wallet unless he is trying to drive the players' union to a strike. I can't help the fantasy world that you live in where Reinsdorf starts spending money like a sailor on leave.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2546
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by rmapasad on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:44 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Rebuilding with one year rentals

    What a concept

    Can't wait for Geo Soto to be named team captain

    I guess you haven't been paying attention to the fact that our minor league system is now ranked #3 in the league. Until they are ready to come up, one year rentals is what it will be for maybe two years.

    Exactly. Which is what a rebuild is all about.  It's going to be a couple years of never-wases but might-bes until the should-bes come up and make this team a competitor.  That beats the last few years of has-beens pretending to contend.


    LMAO!!!!!


    ITS SO MUCH BETTER TO PRETEND DANNY HAYES IS A REAL PROSPECT!!!!!!


    LAST YEAR, WHEN THE SOX FARM SUCKED, THIS CLOWN COULDN'T CRACK THE TOP 30!!!!!!


    NOW, YOUR PHONY STATS CLAIM HE SHOULD BE THE DH!!!!!!


    AND LET'S PRETEND AVISAIL HAS A 1 IN 5 CHANCE OF BECOMING JOSE GUILLEN


    OOPS, I FORGOT, ONCE YOU MADE SOME MUCH NEEDED CORRECTION TO THAT FLAWED STUDY, IT BECAME ONE IN TEN.  CAN'T IMAGINE HOW MUCH MORE IT WILL DROP WHEN YOU EXPAND THE SAMPLE TO INCLUDE 3 YEARS OF BEING A STIFF.  THEN YOU'LL HAVE A SAMPLE REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR HERO AVISAIL.


    PRETEND TO REBUILD!!!!!!!


    ONLY PLAYERS TRADED WHERE IN THE DRAKE LAROUCHE FACTION OF NAMBLA!!!!!


    YOUR OPEN AUDTION OF QUAD A CRAP IS FOOLING NOBODY EXCEPT YOU AND THAT TEACHER!!!!!


    EVEN CREAM IS MOVING ON!!!!!

    What's the alternative now that Eaton and Sale have been dealt ?  Not play 25-28 year olds but a bunch of 31-35 year olds like Wieters, Fister, etc ? .. Play another version of PRETEND TO CONTEND.. This time we'll call it - PRETEND TO BE RESPECTABLE..  That'll excite the fans !!  Can just imagine all the season tickets Fister would have sold had he been signed !!!   Fans that follow the Sox know what the score is and IMO they want the team to do what is necessary to build a winner for the future not keep  pretending to contend or pretending to be respectable.
    95 - 100 losses this year, if it's in the cause of building a future winner, is in a good cause.  And so, it doesn't matter one iota whether Garcia's odds are 1-5 or 1-10 or Liriano's are 1-4 or 1-8... Because failure IS an option this season.  And not a bad one if it gets the Sox the first pick of the 2018 draft..
     
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:51 pm

    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Quad A crap is cheaper than MLB retreads who are trying to make a comeback after injuries. That's like rebuilding your house with nails you took out of your neighbor's walls.


    *********************************


    Your method of fishing nails out of garbage cans is clearly superior.


    Glad you are so concerned about Reinsdorf wallet

    I'm not concerned with Reinsdorf's wallet. I just know that there isn't a crowbar big enough to open his wallet unless he is trying to drive the players' union to a strike. I can't help the fantasy world that you live in where Reinsdorf starts spending money like a sailor on leave.


    LMAO!!!!!!


    ONE GUY HERE CLAIM AVISAIL GARCIA AS A 1 IN 5 CHANCE OF BEING JOSE GUILLEN


    THEN HE LISTS DANNY HAYES, WHO HAS NEVER, EVER APPEARED ON ANY PROSPECT LIST, THEN 2017 DH


    BUT I LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD


    HYSTERICAL.


    THEN YOU WONDER WHY I THINK YOU MOVED TO ST CHARLES.


    YOU CAN'T SEEM TO STOP DELIBERATELY DISAGREEING WITH ME, ROB JR


    PS, HOW MANY YEARS HAS REINSDORF SIGNED OFF ON A $100MIL PLUS PAYROLL?!?!?!?!?


    PSS, $100MIL DIVIDED BY 25 IS A HALF MIL GREATER THAN WHAT CHRIS CARTER SIGNED FOR


    AGAIN, THE FACTS AND YOUR DIATRIBE ARE AS REAL AS THE PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING YOU ENJOY SO MUCH
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:15 pm

    rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Rebuilding with one year rentals

    What a concept

    Can't wait for Geo Soto to be named team captain

    I guess you haven't been paying attention to the fact that our minor league system is now ranked #3 in the league. Until they are ready to come up, one year rentals is what it will be for maybe two years.

    Exactly. Which is what a rebuild is all about.  It's going to be a couple years of never-wases but might-bes until the should-bes come up and make this team a competitor.  That beats the last few years of has-beens pretending to contend.


    LMAO!!!!!


    ITS SO MUCH BETTER TO PRETEND DANNY HAYES IS A REAL PROSPECT!!!!!!


    LAST YEAR, WHEN THE SOX FARM SUCKED, THIS CLOWN COULDN'T CRACK THE TOP 30!!!!!!


    NOW, YOUR PHONY STATS CLAIM HE SHOULD BE THE DH!!!!!!


    AND LET'S PRETEND AVISAIL HAS A 1 IN 5 CHANCE OF BECOMING JOSE GUILLEN


    OOPS, I FORGOT, ONCE YOU MADE SOME MUCH NEEDED CORRECTION TO THAT FLAWED STUDY, IT BECAME ONE IN TEN.  CAN'T IMAGINE HOW MUCH MORE IT WILL DROP WHEN YOU EXPAND THE SAMPLE TO INCLUDE 3 YEARS OF BEING A STIFF.  THEN YOU'LL HAVE A SAMPLE REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR HERO AVISAIL.


    PRETEND TO REBUILD!!!!!!!


    ONLY PLAYERS TRADED WHERE IN THE DRAKE LAROUCHE FACTION OF NAMBLA!!!!!


    YOUR OPEN AUDTION OF QUAD A CRAP IS FOOLING NOBODY EXCEPT YOU AND THAT TEACHER!!!!!


    EVEN CREAM IS MOVING ON!!!!!

    What's the alternative now that Eaton and Sale have been dealt ?  Not play 25-28 year olds but a bunch of 31-35 year olds like Wieters, Fister, etc ? .. Play another version of PRETEND TO CONTEND.. This time we'll call it - PRETEND TO BE RESPECTABLE..  That'll excite the fans !!  Can just imagine all the season tickets Fister would have sold had he been signed !!!   Fans that follow the Sox know what the score is and IMO they want the team to do what is necessary to build a winner for the future not keep  pretending to contend or pretending to be respectable.
    95 - 100 losses this year, if it's in the cause of building a future winner, is in a good cause.  And so, it doesn't matter one iota whether Garcia's odds are 1-5 or 1-10 or Liriano's are 1-4 or 1-8... Because failure IS an option this season.  And not a bad one if it gets the Sox the first pick of the 2018 draft..
     


    FAILURE MAY BE AN OPTION, BUT YOU AND THAT TEACHER MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THE PREFERRED CHOICE

    BTW, HYSTERICAL THAT YOU ARE NOW JUST REALIZING THE GAMES STILL HAVE TO BE PAID.

    TOO BAD YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH FALSE CHOICES AND MEANINGLESS LABELS.

    *****************

    As the KARK stated b4, the purpose of rebuilding is to maximize future value.  While this tends to require one to sacrifice present value, it does not mandate its complete abandonment.

    Contrary to what you attempt to imply, the KARK has not advocated any kind of WIN NOW philosophy for 2017.  Instead, I recognize an obvious fact you and that teacher apparently are over looking.  That fact is that there are players in their 30's that have brighter futures than many of 25 year old stiffs that you claim at least one is a hidden jewel.

    Now does that mean we get in a bidding war for guys like Wieters or Chris Carter or Doug Fister?!?!?!?!

    Of course not.

    Boras found his sucker.

    Chris Carter probably likes his chances in the Bronx better than the South Side, but tell me you wouldn't kick Avisail Garcia to the curb, if a guy like Carter would sign for $3.5mil with the White Sox.

    Doug Fister is still a free agent.  will he excite fans?!?!?!  Doubt it.  But than neither will Dylan Covey.  Unless you get off on a WHIP of 2.00
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2546
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by rmapasad on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:30 pm

    FAILURE MAY BE AN OPTION, BUT YOU AND THAT TEACHER MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THE PREFERRED CHOICE >
    Can't speak for Kevin but failure is my preferred choice for 2017. No point failing small. There are only rewards for winning 90+ games or losing 90+ ..
    ANY IN-BETWEEN STRATEGY IS USELESS... Field a team of 25-28 year never-wases and probably never-will-bes until the should-bes are ready. If they lose 95-100 that puts them into position to grab the next Kris Bryant in 2018. If Avi Garcia's pathetic 701 OPS and Narvaez's 620 provide the impetus for that, all well and good ! What's pissing me off is that Quintana, Frazier, Cabrera, Abreu and Robertson are still around. None of them will be on the next contending Sox team and they should be gone


    *****************
    <<Contrary to what you attempt to imply, the KARK has not advocated any kind of WIN NOW philosophy for 2017.  Instead, I recognize an obvious fact you and that teacher apparently are over looking.  That fact is that there are players in their 30's that have brighter futures than many of 25 year old stiffs that you claim at least one is a hidden jewel. >>
    Guys who perform well in their 30's are ones who were really good at ages 26-30. Mediocrities like Wieters who put up 715 OPS at ages 31-32 will be lucky to be putting up 650 OPS's by the time they're 34-35 if they're even still in baseball (which is doubtful). The average player expends 85% of his value by age 32.. By 2019-2020, when the Sox will be ready to contend, today's 30-32 year olds will be useless to them, especially the ones you've cited. The 30+ year olds that are any good at that point can be grabbed in free agency when the Sox are ready to start spending some money.

    Chris Carter probably likes his chances in the Bronx better than the South Side, but tell me you wouldn't kick Avisail Garcia to the curb, if a guy like Carter would sign for $3.5mil with the White Sox. >>
    Interesting that you mention Carter because prior to age 26 his WAR was negative like Garcia's. It's only from ages 26 -on that he's had positive value. But again the fact that he'll be 32-33 by the time the Sox contend doesn't make him a good fit for the Sox at all..


    Doug Fister is still a free agent.  will he excite fans?!?!?!  Doubt it.  But than neither will Dylan Covey.  Unless you get off on a WHIP of 2.00[/quote]
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7215
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by alohafri on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:54 pm

    rmapasad wrote:FAILURE MAY BE AN OPTION, BUT YOU AND THAT TEACHER MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THE PREFERRED CHOICE >
    Can't speak for Kevin but failure is my preferred choice for 2017. No point failing small.  There are only rewards for winning 90+ games or losing 90+ ..
    ANY IN-BETWEEN STRATEGY IS USELESS... Field a team of 25-28 year never-wases and probably never-will-bes until the should-bes are ready.  If they lose 95-100 that puts them into position to grab the next Kris Bryant in 2018.  If Avi Garcia's pathetic 701 OPS and Narvaez's 620 provide the impetus for that, all well and good !   What's pissing me off is that Quintana, Frazier, Cabrera, Abreu and Robertson are still around.  None of them will be on the next contending Sox team and they should be gone


    *****************
    <<Contrary to what you attempt to imply, the KARK has not advocated any kind of WIN NOW philosophy for 2017.  Instead, I recognize an obvious fact you and that teacher apparently are over looking.  That fact is that there are players in their 30's that have brighter futures than many of 25 year old stiffs that you claim at least one is a hidden jewel. >>
    Guys who perform well in their 30's are ones who were really good at ages 26-30.  Mediocrities like Wieters who put up 715 OPS at ages 31-32 will be lucky to be putting up 650 OPS's by the time they're  34-35 if they're even still in baseball (which is doubtful).  The average player expends 85% of his value by age 32..  By 2019-2020, when the Sox will be ready to contend, today's 30-32 year olds will be useless to them, especially the ones you've cited. The 30+ year olds that are any good at that point can be grabbed in free agency when the Sox are ready to start spending some money.

    Chris Carter probably likes his chances in the Bronx better than the South Side, but tell me you wouldn't kick Avisail Garcia to the curb, if a guy like Carter would sign for $3.5mil with the White Sox. >>
    Interesting that you mention Carter because prior to age 26 his WAR was negative like Garcia's.  It's only from ages 26 -on that he's had positive value.  But again the fact that he'll be 32-33 by the time the Sox contend doesn't make him a good fit for the Sox at all..


    Doug Fister is still a free agent.  will he excite fans?!?!?!  Doubt it.  But than neither will Dylan Covey.  Unless you get off on a WHIP of 2.00

    Failure is also my preferred choice for 2017. Should the players not play to win (because I'm sure that's how our self-esteemed wannabe GM is going to spin it), absolutely not. The players should play to win. But to sign some 30-34 year old players in hopes of gaining 7 or 8 more wins is asinine. Real fans of this team know what is going on. They are shitcanning the WIN NOW plan and going with a rebuild (although if they really want to rebuild, Quintana and Fraizer will be gone by the All Star break).
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:26 pm

    Nobody is claiming they need to keep Quintana and Frazier

    Or Roberson or Cabrera for that matter

    And the KARK was the one that pointed out Nate Jones is north of 30 and should be shopped as well

    Too bad my thought process is too complicated for you and the califorian
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:35 pm

    Crying shame the teacher doesn't grade Rogers stats

    Because he gets another big fat F with his ridiculous comparison that Chris Carter was a lot like Avisail Garcia

    Then you people wonder why I claim people deliberately disagree with me.  No sane person would say this two are similar.  But I guess when you deliberately disagree with the KARK, it a license to lie your ass off
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:58 pm

    alohafri wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:FAILURE MAY BE AN OPTION, BUT YOU AND THAT TEACHER MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THE PREFERRED CHOICE >
    Can't speak for Kevin but failure is my preferred choice for 2017. No point failing small.  There are only rewards for winning 90+ games or losing 90+ ..
    ANY IN-BETWEEN STRATEGY IS USELESS... Field a team of 25-28 year never-wases and probably never-will-bes until the should-bes are ready.  If they lose 95-100 that puts them into position to grab the next Kris Bryant in 2018.  If Avi Garcia's pathetic 701 OPS and Narvaez's 620 provide the impetus for that, all well and good !   What's pissing me off is that Quintana, Frazier, Cabrera, Abreu and Robertson are still around.  None of them will be on the next contending Sox team and they should be gone


    *****************
    <
    Guys who perform well in their 30's are ones who were really good at ages 26-30.  Mediocrities like Wieters who put up 715 OPS at ages 31-32 will be lucky to be putting up 650 OPS's by the time they're  34-35 if they're even still in baseball (which is doubtful).  The average player expends 85% of his value by age 32..  By 2019-2020, when the Sox will be ready to contend, today's 30-32 year olds will be useless to them, especially the ones you've cited. The 30+ year olds that are any good at that point can be grabbed in free agency when the Sox are ready to start spending some money.

    Chris Carter probably likes his chances in the Bronx better than the South Side, but tell me you wouldn't kick Avisail Garcia to the curb, if a guy like Carter would sign for $3.5mil with the White Sox. >>
    Interesting that you mention Carter because prior to age 26 his WAR was negative like Garcia's.  It's only from ages 26 -on that he's had positive value.  But again the fact that he'll be 32-33 by the time the Sox contend doesn't make him a good fit for the Sox at all..


    Doug Fister is still a free agent.  will he excite fans?!?!?!  Doubt it.  But than neither will Dylan Covey.  Unless you get off on a WHIP of 2.00

    Failure is also my preferred choice for 2017. Should the players not play to win (because I'm sure that's how our self-esteemed wannabe GM is going to spin it), absolutely not. The players should play to win. But to sign some 30-34 year old players in hopes of gaining 7 or 8 more wins is asinine. Real fans of this team know what is going on. They are shitcanning the WIN NOW plan and going with a rebuild (although if they really want to rebuild, Quintana and Fraizer will be gone by the All Star break).

    Not as assinine as your false choices and flawed logic.

    And you are really in tune

    Falling for every one of Rogers bullshit stats

    Thinking Geo Soto helps the cause

    If you actually looked that the roster instead of looking to just deliberately disagree with me, you'd see the real prospects are 2 years away, and if they ain't trading for guys like Austin Meadows, then bring on the 30 somethings.  You still have to play the games and maybe a guy like Fister could be flipped
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:12 pm

    The ofher fantasy is the White Sox losing their way to the #1 pick

    Hysterical to see Roger post out of both sides of his keyboard claiming Garcia is good enough to deserve another shot but is bad enough to earn those highly coveted losses necessary to draft #1

    Amazing how that teacher, as well as everyone else, turns a blind eye to that blatant contradiction

    The only other sane observer seems to be John who maybe on to something with the WIN NOW on the cheap theory.  Which despite the oitrigut lies of a couple, is not what the KARK proposes
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7215
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by alohafri on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:04 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:FAILURE MAY BE AN OPTION, BUT YOU AND THAT TEACHER MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THE PREFERRED CHOICE >
    Can't speak for Kevin but failure is my preferred choice for 2017. No point failing small.  There are only rewards for winning 90+ games or losing 90+ ..
    ANY IN-BETWEEN STRATEGY IS USELESS... Field a team of 25-28 year never-wases and probably never-will-bes until the should-bes are ready.  If they lose 95-100 that puts them into position to grab the next Kris Bryant in 2018.  If Avi Garcia's pathetic 701 OPS and Narvaez's 620 provide the impetus for that, all well and good !   What's pissing me off is that Quintana, Frazier, Cabrera, Abreu and Robertson are still around.  None of them will be on the next contending Sox team and they should be gone


    *****************
    <<Contrary to what you attempt to imply, the KARK has not advocated any kind of WIN NOW philosophy for 2017.  Instead, I recognize an obvious fact you and that teacher apparently are over looking.  That fact is that there are players in their 30's that have brighter futures than many of 25 year old stiffs that you claim at least one is a hidden jewel. >>
    Guys who perform well in their 30's are ones who were really good at ages 26-30.  Mediocrities like Wieters who put up 715 OPS at ages 31-32 will be lucky to be putting up 650 OPS's by the time they're  34-35 if they're even still in baseball (which is doubtful).  The average player expends 85% of his value by age 32..  By 2019-2020, when the Sox will be ready to contend, today's 30-32 year olds will be useless to them, especially the ones you've cited. The 30+ year olds that are any good at that point can be grabbed in free agency when the Sox are ready to start spending some money.

    Chris Carter probably likes his chances in the Bronx better than the South Side, but tell me you wouldn't kick Avisail Garcia to the curb, if a guy like Carter would sign for $3.5mil with the White Sox. >>
    Interesting that you mention Carter because prior to age 26 his WAR was negative like Garcia's.  It's only from ages 26 -on that he's had positive value.  But again the fact that he'll be 32-33 by the time the Sox contend doesn't make him a good fit for the Sox at all..


    Doug Fister is still a free agent.  will he excite fans?!?!?!  Doubt it.  But than neither will Dylan Covey.  Unless you get off on a WHIP of 2.00

    Failure is also my preferred choice for 2017. Should the players not play to win (because I'm sure that's how our self-esteemed wannabe GM is going to spin it), absolutely not. The players should play to win. But to sign some 30-34 year old players in hopes of gaining 7 or 8 more wins is asinine. Real fans of this team know what is going on. They are shitcanning the WIN NOW plan and going with a rebuild (although if they really want to rebuild, Quintana and Fraizer will be gone by the All Star break).

    Not as assinine as your false choices and flawed logic.

    And you are really in tune

    Falling for every one of Rogers bullshit stats

    Thinking Geo Soto helps the cause

    If you actually looked that the roster instead of looking to just deliberately disagree with me, you'd see the real prospects are 2 years away, and if they ain't trading for guys like Austin Meadows, then bring on the 30 somethings.  You still have to play the games and maybe a guy like Fister could be flipped
    Just keep spinning Kellyann. You'll wind up screwed so far into the ground we will never hear from you again.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:09 am

    I'LL DRILL MY WAY ALL THE WAY TO CHINA AND ACCESS THIS BOARD ON RENN RENN.


    HOPE ANDERSON MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHES MANDARIN LIKE THE MIDDLE SCHOOLS IN ARLINGTON HEIGHTS


    MAYBE BY THAT TIME YOU AND THE CALIFORNIAN WILL REALIZE SUCKING TODAY DOES NOT MEAN YOU WIN TOMMORROW


    BTW, EVER CONSIDER THAT SIGNING FISTER MIGHT PUT PRESSURE ON HAHN TO TRADE QUINTANA?!?!?!?!


    HAVE YOU AND THE CALIFORIAN EVER CONSIDER THE Q IS YOUNG ENOUGH AND CHEAP ENOUGH WHERE THE WHITE SOX MIGHT DECIDE TO KEEP HIM?!?!?!?!?


    PERSONALLY, I TRADE HIM FOR HAS MUCH BLUE CHIP HITTING AS I CAN GET, BUT THEN, THE WHITE SOX  HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A PITCHING CENTRIC TEAM.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:32 am

    and just to prove somebody here is full of beans with their Chris Carter - Avisail Garcia comparison


    Age 23:  Carter spent the year in the minors with an OPS of 894, then got a 70 AB cup of coffee where he 585OPS.  Garcia roughly split the time between the minors and bigs.  878/713.


    Age 24:  Carter basically repeats age 23.  915OPS in the minors.  310OPS in a 44 AB cup of coffee.  Garcia played the whole year in the bigs an had a 675 OPS.  To claim both had a negative WAR is a blatant distortion of context.  the two are simply not comparable.


    Age 25:  Carter had a 864 OPS and a 1.2WAR in roughly half the AB Garcia had.  Garcia 695OPS, 0.8WAR.  Again.  No comparison.


    So once again, the details do not support the narrative concocted by roger.  This idea that Chris Carter was stinking up the joint prior to age 26 is flat out false.  The truth his, Carter was proving he could hit minor league pitching quite well, but had two bad cups of coffee at 23 and 24.  when he finally made it up at age 25, he has had an above average OPS ever since.


    Avisail Garcia has simply been subpar.  Paying this clown 3.4mil is just assinine.


    Somebody else can explain it to that teacher that in the world of $100mil payrolls, the difference between what Garcia is making and what Carter is making is considered a rounding error.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7215
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by alohafri on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:19 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:I'LL DRILL MY WAY ALL THE WAY TO CHINA AND ACCESS THIS BOARD ON RENN RENN.


    HOPE ANDERSON MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHES MANDARIN LIKE THE MIDDLE SCHOOLS IN ARLINGTON HEIGHTS


    MAYBE BY THAT TIME YOU AND THE CALIFORNIAN WILL REALIZE SUCKING TODAY DOES NOT MEAN YOU WIN TOMMORROW


    BTW, EVER CONSIDER THAT SIGNING FISTER MIGHT PUT PRESSURE ON HAHN TO TRADE QUINTANA?!?!?!?!


    HAVE YOU AND THE CALIFORIAN EVER CONSIDER THE Q IS YOUNG ENOUGH AND CHEAP ENOUGH WHERE THE WHITE SOX MIGHT DECIDE TO KEEP HIM?!?!?!?!?


    PERSONALLY, I TRADE HIM FOR HAS MUCH BLUE CHIP HITTING AS I CAN GET, BUT THEN, THE WHITE SOX  HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A PITCHING CENTRIC TEAM.

    The Sox system is stocked with pitching (you contradict yourself if you say the Sox are a pitching centric team and then suggest that they sign someone who is trying to make some kind of comeback). Fister isn't going to put pressure on anyone to do anything. 
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:57 am

    The Sox system is stocked with pitching (you contradict yourself if you say the Sox are a pitching centric team and then suggest that they sign someone who is trying to make some kind of comeback). Fister isn't going to put pressure on anyone to do anything. 


    *******************************************


    WRONG,


    YOU MISUNDERSTOOD WHAT I MEANT BY PITCHING CENTRIC


    AND FISTER WOULD HOPEFULLY PREVENT ONE OF THE KIDDIES FROM BEING RUSHED


    OR LEAST SPARE THE WHITE SOX FAITHFUL FROM ENDURING DYLAN COVEY IN CASE QUINTANA IS TRADED.


    BTW, HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT 3/5 OF THE ROTATION IS VERY FISTER LIKE?!?!?!  IF 2017 IS THE YEAR TO SUCK, WHY NOT MAKE IT 4/5?!?!?!?


    OR WOULD YOU RATHER WATCH A YOUNG ARM GET DESTROYED BY A PREMATURE CALLUP.  REBUILDING DOESN'T MEAN RUSHING KIDS TO THE MAJORS.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2546
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by rmapasad on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 pm

    So once again, the details do not support the narrative concocted by roger.  This idea that Chris Carter was stinking up the joint prior to age 26 is flat out false.  The truth his, Carter was proving he could hit minor league pitching quite well, but had two bad cups of coffee at 23 and 24.  when he finally made it up at age 25, he has had an above average OPS ever since.>>
    First of all, my only point was that "Carter had a negative WAR " and at one point was considered a bust, but was able to rebound.  Not that they had similar profiles.  Of course they don't.  Carter is like Adam Dunn, but not as good as Dunn at his peak.   For all the extolling you've done about Carter, he failed to put up an 800 OPS between 2013-2015 seasons and has only averaged 1 WAR per year over the last five years.   At best, he's been only marginally useful and that's all I expect Garcia to ever be if he even attains that.
    Garcia is a better contact hitter than Carter but won't have the power. IF Garcia develops into a 20 + HR hitter, and that's a big if, he then becomes marginally useful as a .265/.330/.455 hitter.  Where Carter has been marginally useful as a .220/.320/.475 hitter.

    But Carter is also 30 years old and approaching his decline phase so there is no point for the Sox to sign a guy like that since 2017-2018 are meaningless seasons and Carter may not be in baseball by 2020.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2006
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 pm

    rmapasad wrote:So once again, the details do not support the narrative concocted by roger.  This idea that Chris Carter was stinking up the joint prior to age 26 is flat out false.  The truth his, Carter was proving he could hit minor league pitching quite well, but had two bad cups of coffee at 23 and 24.  when he finally made it up at age 25, he has had an above average OPS ever since.>>
    First of all, my only point was that "Carter had a negative WAR "

    IN 40 AT BATS!!!!!!!

    and at one point was considered a bust, but was able to rebound.

    A BUST AFTER 2 CUPS OF COFFEE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  PLU-LEAZ!!!!!!!

      Not that they had similar profiles.  Of course they don't.

    THEN WHY DID YOU COMPARE THEM?!?!?!?!?!

      Carter is like Adam Dunn, but not as good as Dunn at his peak.   For all the extolling you've done about Carter, he failed to put up an 800 OPS between 2013-2015 seasons and has only averaged 1 WAR per year over the last five years.   At best, he's been only marginally useful and that's all I expect Garcia to ever be if he even attains that.

    A HR CHAMP JUST MARGINALLY USEFUL

    LMAO!!!!!


    Garcia is a better contact hitter than Carter but won't have the power. IF Garcia develops into a 20 + HR hitter, and that's a big if, he then becomes marginally useful as a .265/.330/.455 hitter.  Where Carter has been marginally useful as a .220/.320/.475 hitter.

    But Carter is also 30 years old and approaching his decline phase so there is no point for the Sox to sign a guy like that since 2017-2018 are meaningless seasons and Carter may not be in baseball by 2020.



    CARTER HAS A BETTER CHANCE TO BE PLAYING SOMEWHERE IN 2020 THAN YOUR HERO AVISAIL!!!!!!!


    CARTER IS ONLY MAKING $100K MORE!!!!!!!


    SOME PLAYERS DO LAST INTO THEIR 30'S AND SOMETIMES 40'S.


    CALLING 2017-2018 MEANINGLESS IS JUST MORE OF YOUR FALSE CHOICES AND LAZY, SLOPPY LOGIC.


    IN TERMS CREAM COULD UNDERSTAND, YOU DON'T PASS UP AN OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE OUT A HOT BLONDE JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE PLANNING TO DO YOUR LAUNDRY THAT NIGHT
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2546
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by rmapasad on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:19 pm

    <CARTER IS ONLY MAKING $100K MORE!!!!!!!   SOME PLAYERS DO LAST INTO THEIR 30'S AND SOMETIMES 40'S.>>
    Like Carter's prototype, Adam Dunn, who began his decline at age 31 and was out of baseball by 34 ?  Carter wasn't even remotely close to as good as Dunn at ages 26-29.  Sluggers who hang around in their mid-late 30's who weren't on 'roids are All Stars or Hall of Famer types not schleppers like Chris Carter.

    A HR CHAMP JUST MARGINALLY USEFUL LMAO!!!!!  >>
    He was so "useful" that he was non-tendered.  That will happen when a guy is the strikeout champ, hits .222, plays 1b with the range of a tree stump, and puts up less than 1 WAR. 
    <
    CALLING 2017-2018 MEANINGLESS IS JUST MORE OF YOUR FALSE CHOICES AND LAZY, SLOPPY LOGIC.  IN TERMS CREAM COULD UNDERSTAND, YOU DON'T PASS UP AN OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE OUT A HOT BLONDE JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE PLANNING TO DO YOUR LAUNDRY THAT NIGHT >>
    "An opportunity" for what ?  To win 70 games instead of 68 in 2017 ?
    More of this dumb strategy of yours where the team is not giving 25-28 year olds the chance because they are diving on 30+ year old "jewels in the rough" instead.  All to artificially prop up the "RESPECTABILITY" of a team that is rebuilding. 
    Chris Carter will be out of baseball or hitting .185 in 2019-2020.  Such a player has NO FUCKING BUSINESS on the '17 Sox roster.. Just as the rebuilding Brewers concluded when they cut his ass this winter.


    Sponsored content

    Re: Out of Options

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm