Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Updated roster race

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Updated roster race

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:16 am

The KARK will list the 14 hitters he sees going North this April.

The following 6 are on the team barring injury

1) Abreau
    2) Anderson
    3) Cabrera, M
    4) Narvaez
    5) Saladino
    6) Soto

I hate to ssay it, but Narvaez and Soto are a lock at catcher.  There is simply nothing else.  I doubt the White Sox acquire Severino in a trade.  If anything, the Nationals will keep him and release Derek Norris.  I will wait until that actually happens b4 commenting on the 1 in 6 chance this 186 hitting 28 year old will blossom into the new age Carlton Fisk.

also hate to say it, but Avisail Garcia is playing his way on the team and looks like a lock at this moment.  With Tilson hurt, Leury Garcia looks to give the White Sox a 2/3 Garcia outfield.  Unfortunately, willy will not make the team.  Bourjos has most likely earned at least the 4th OF spot.  So that completes the outfield

Assuming Frazier and Tilson start the year on the DL, here are the remaining 5

1) Delmonico, probably the MVP of spring.  Will start at 3B until Frazier is ready.  If Frazier makes the opening day roster, Delmonico most likely platoons at DH with
    2) Davidson.  Davidson is out of options, but is finally starting to hit spring pitching.  Plus the Sox don't have a heck of a lot in camp.  Which is why
    3) Asche makes the team.  Lefthanded backup for the IF & OF corners.
    4) Sanchez is most likely the #1 backup infielder.
    5) Evereth Cabrera makes the team unless the White Sox go with 12 pitchers.  Cabrera is cut as soon as Frazier or Tilson are deemed healthy enough for the roster

Since Frazier and Tilson imply 2 pending cuts, I'd say the second has to be Cody Asche.  3 years of sucking with the bat.  No defense.  Since you still have to play the games, Delmonico does more on the field.  So I keep Delmonico despite the fact he has options and Asche doesn't

In the event Tilson and Frazier are ready opening day, and the White Sox go with 12 pitchers, the 3rd cut after Everth Cabrea and Cody Asche would be Peter Bourjos.  Not sure if Garcia is out of options, but he is more versitile.  Plus Bourjos is an a minor league deal, I suspect he is the easier farm out.

Finally, my boy Rymer Liriano doesn't make the team.  His numbers aren't there and he is caught in a numbers crunch.  Given he missed all of 2016 and he only has 109 MLB AB, maybe it is best he spend some quality time at AAA.  Besides, the White Sox most likely need mid season re-enforcements.  It's all but certain, at least one of these OF's/DH's will either play their way off the team or get traded.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Updated roster race

Post by alohafri on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:43 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    also hate to say it, but Avisail Garcia is playing his way on the team and looks like a lock at this moment.  

Now that you've resigned yourself to that, he'll be traded over the weekend.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:13 am

LMAO!!!!

B4 I FORGET, ANYBODY GOING TO HOODIE DAY, SATURDAY APRIL 22ND, 6PM?!?!?!?!?

HOW ABOUT GIRL SCOUT DAY SATURDAY APRIL 8TH, 1PM?!?!?!?!?!?

SINCE MEGAN IS IN SCOUTING, MIGHT HAVE TO PUSH FOR THAT ONE.  ALTHOUGH STANLEY'S SOCCER COULD INTERFERE.

I KNOW YOU CAN'T MAKE THE FIRST HOOKIE DAY, WEDNESDAY APRIL 26TH, 1PM V KC.

NOT SURE IF I CAN EITHER.

BTW, THE ONLY TWO OTHER HOOKIE DAYS ARE THURSDAY JUNE 15, 1PM V BALTIMORE, AND ITS T-SHIRT DAY.  SOUNDS LIKE A FAMILY FUN DAY. 

AND WEDNESDAY AUGUST 2, 1PM V TORONTO.  MAYBE THIS IS THE ONE WE ALL GET OUR MIDWEEK DRUNK OWN
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:40 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:The KARK will list the 14 hitters he sees going North this April.

The following 6 are on the team barring injury

1) Abreau
    2) Anderson
    3) Cabrera, M
    4) Narvaez
    5) Saladino
    6) Soto

I hate to ssay it, but Narvaez and Soto are a lock at catcher.  There is simply nothing else.  I doubt the White Sox acquire Severino in a trade.  If anything, the Nationals will keep him and release Derek Norris.  I will wait until that actually happens b4 commenting on the 1 in 6 chance this 186 hitting 28 year old will blossom into the new age Carlton Fisk.

also hate to say it, but Avisail Garcia is playing his way on the team and looks like a lock at this moment.  With Tilson hurt, Leury Garcia looks to give the White Sox a 2/3 Garcia outfield.  Unfortunately, willy will not make the team.  Bourjos has most likely earned at least the 4th OF spot.  So that completes the outfield

Assuming Frazier and Tilson start the year on the DL, here are the remaining 5

1) Delmonico, probably the MVP of spring.  Will start at 3B until Frazier is ready.  If Frazier makes the opening day roster, Delmonico most likely platoons at DH with
    2) Davidson.  Davidson is out of options, but is finally starting to hit spring pitching.  Plus the Sox don't have a heck of a lot in camp.  Which is why
    3) Asche makes the team.  Lefthanded backup for the IF & OF corners.
    4) Sanchez is most likely the #1 backup infielder.
    5) Evereth Cabrera makes the team unless the White Sox go with 12 pitchers.  Cabrera is cut as soon as Frazier or Tilson are deemed healthy enough for the roster

Since Frazier and Tilson imply 2 pending cuts, I'd say the second has to be Cody Asche.  3 years of sucking with the bat.  No defense.  Since you still have to play the games, Delmonico does more on the field.  So I keep Delmonico despite the fact he has options and Asche doesn't

In the event Tilson and Frazier are ready opening day, and the White Sox go with 12 pitchers, the 3rd cut after Everth Cabrea and Cody Asche would be Peter Bourjos.  Not sure if Garcia is out of options, but he is more versitile.  Plus Bourjos is an a minor league deal, I suspect he is the easier farm out.

Finally, my boy Rymer Liriano doesn't make the team.  His numbers aren't there and he is caught in a numbers crunch.  Given he missed all of 2016 and he only has 109 MLB AB, maybe it is best he spend some quality time at AAA.  Besides, the White Sox most likely need mid season re-enforcements.  It's all but certain, at least one of these OF's/DH's will either play their way off the team or get traded.

Unfortunately, willy will not make the team. >>
    Unfortunately ?  .245 hitter in AAA and zero plate discipline..  5 SB and 9 CS last year - he's a dumbass.  Another Kenny Williams special. Guy was unfortunately born in Dominican.  If he had been born in the US, at 6'2", 220, he might have had a football career.

<<In the event Tilson and Frazier are ready opening day, and the White Sox go with 12 pitchers, the 3rd cut after Everth Cabrea and Cody Asche would be Peter Bourjos.  Not sure if Garcia is out of options, but he is more versitile.  Plus Bourjos is an a minor league deal, I suspect he is the easier farm out.  Finally, my boy Rymer Liriano doesn't make the team.  >>
    Hope Sox keep Liriano as the 4th OFer assuming Avi Garcia gets RF.  Although you may be right as the Sox aren't giving Liriano much play right now. Think they give him more of a shot before cutting him though.
    Davidson might have saved his job with his 3-3 yesterday and he could stay as DH/backup 3b.  He is next Adam Dunn though- HR's, walks, K's, low Bat Avg.   Sanchez is my guess for reserve IFer.  Everth Cabrera has had a lousy spring and looks done. 
    Cody Asche is hitting .231 in ST, so he's not making much of a case for being kept.  Sox could probably pass him through waivers come March 31 and send him back to AAA.
    Think the 25th man comes down to Leury Garcia or Delmonico, but with Davidson making the team, Sox don't need an extra 3bman.  Probably Leury makes it, but no big deal as Delmonico still has a few things to prove in AAA. 

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Unfortunately, willy will not make the team. >>
    Unfortunately ? 

ITS A FRICKIN JOKE!!!!!!

Apparently you fail to see the humor in the all Garcia outfield
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Think the 25th man comes down to Leury Garcia or Delmonico, but with Davidson making the team, Sox don't need an extra 3bman.  Probably Leury makes it, but no big deal as Delmonico still has a few things to prove in AAA.  

How does Delmonico compare to Davidson with the glove?!?!?!?!?

I suspect that Frazier might be DH'ing a little more than usual since he has a little ouchie.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Everth Cabrera has had a lousy spring and looks done. 

tough to argue he's better than a 12th pitcher

Plus he doesn't make it if either Frazier or Tilson are able to start the season
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Think the 25th man comes down to Leury Garcia or Delmonico,

Shouldn't both be ahead of Bourjos, a 30 year old?!?!?!?!?

Plus you also stated Asche isn't making the case to be keep.

Assuming 12 pitchers and a healthy Frazier and Tilson the roster rankings become

24) Leury Garcia
    25) Delmonico
    26) Bourjos
    27) Asche
    28) Everth Cabera
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Think the 25th man comes down to Leury Garcia or Delmonico,

Assuming 12 pitchers and a healthy Frazier and Tilson the roster rankings become

24) Leury Garcia
    25) Delmonico
    26) Bourjos
    27) Asche
    28) Everth Cabera

I agree with that ranking, but does Renteria ?  You also left Liriano out.  Don't think he's out of the picture quite yet...
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:59 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Think the 25th man comes down to Leury Garcia or Delmonico,

24) Leury Garcia
    25) Delmonico
    26) Bourjos
    27) Asche
    28) Everth Cabera

I agree with that ranking, but does Renteria ?  You also left Liriano out.  Don't think he's out of the picture quite yet...

I must admit I was over euthusatic regarding Rymer Liriano

After the 2012 season Liriano was roughly the 50th best prospect in the game.  He missed about 99% of the 2013 season.

After posting a consistant 840 OPS the next tow year in the minors, he looked ready for prime time in 2016 only to have his face shattered by a fastball causing him to miss the entire year.

Liriano needs to play everyday to recover as much of the skill set as possible that made him a top prospect.  His value is if he can be the 800OPS plus hitter and plus defender that he appeared to be prior to 2016.  That means playing everyday at AAA until (if) he bounces back.  He's still just 25 as of Opening Day.  Way too early to write off a talent like this to that of a 4th or 5th OF.  

Losing the 2013 and 2016 really screwed him.  If not for those injuries, he'd probably be arbitration eligible at the end of this year.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:10 am

What a difference a weekend makes

Delmonico is now down to a 250BA while Cody Asche has a 1.300OPS

Plus Cody Asche also plays 3B.  Not sure how well, but he does play it.

With Tilson out for 3 weeks and most likely opening the season on the DL, Jacob May is seeing his stock rise.  May leads the team in steals and plays a heck of a defense.  I smell a CF platoon of May and Bourjos for Opening Day.  Its possible Tilson may have Wally Pipped himself

I guess the KARK guess Delmonico the kiss of death by calling him the MVP of the spring.  That may have been true on the morning of the 10th.  4 days later, looks like he might be battling the 12th pitcher for the final spot on the roster
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:20 am

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/219585634/projecting-the-white-sox-opening-day-roster/

APPARENTLY RYMER LIRIANO IS FLYING UNDER THE RADAR

OR SCOTT MERKIN IS NOT AS INFORMED AS THIS BOARD

OR MAYBE THE WHITE SOX KNOW HOW TO SNEAK HIM THRU THE WAIVER WIRE.  I'M ASSUMING THAT ANOTHER TEAM CLAIMING HIM WOULD HAVE TO PUT HIM ON THE BIG LEAGUE CLUB.  SO MAYBE THE OTHER CLUBS LET HIM PASS THRU.  THE KID OBVIOUSLY NEEDS TO PLAY EVERYDAY.  SO MAYBE THE 29 OTHER GM'S LET HIM GO TO CHARLOTTE SINCE PINCH RUNNERS/DEFENSIVE REPLACEMENTS TEND TO BE A DIME A DOZEN.

THAT SAID, WTF IS DAVIDSON DOING OTHER THAN REMINDING EVERYBODY THAT HE IS A FORMER 1ST ROUNDER AND WAS ACQUIRED FOR ADDISON REED INSTEAD OF PLUCKED OFF THE WAIVER WIRE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:11 am