Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Pedro Alvarez

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Pedro Alvarez

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:37 am

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/02/possible-landing-spots-for-pedro-alvarez.html

Apparently the KARK isn't the only person that understands the a rebuilding team sometimes needs a good older player instead of a bad younger player.

I guess when the KARK was learning how to read, the nuns at St Barts made it clear that good trumps youth and there is no excuse to be bad.

That said, Alvarez is a Boras client and a DH only.  Given the nagging injuries to Frazier and Lawrie and Tilson, I would not clog the DH spot with Alvarez,

More like Alvarez is meant as a metaphor.  Which I'm sure will go straight over everybody's head
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Pedro Alvarez

Post by alohafri on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:46 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/02/possible-landing-spots-for-pedro-alvarez.html

Apparently the KARK isn't the only person that understands the a rebuilding team sometimes needs a good older player instead of a bad younger player.

I guess when the KARK was learning how to read, the nuns at St Barts made it clear that good trumps youth and there is no excuse to be bad.

That said, Alvarez is a Boras client and a DH only.  Given the nagging injuries to Frazier and Lawrie and Tilson, I would not clog the DH spot with Alvarez,

More like Alvarez is meant as a metaphor.  Which I'm sure will go straight over everybody's head

Who writes for MLB Trade Rumors? Rumors are just that. They have no more information than we do about who is talking to whom. They are just people like us throwing things out there hoping they will stick.

You want someone to agree with you? Here it is. I wouldn't take this one-dimensional bozo either. He is a health risk, a fielding risk, and is a throwback to "Team Drudgery".
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:47 pm

EVEN WHEN YOU AGREE, YOU FIND THE NEED TO TAKE AN ANGRY TONE

Razz
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:EVEN WHEN YOU AGREE, YOU FIND THE NEED TO TAKE AN ANGRY TONE

Razz
    cyclops
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/02/possible-landing-spots-for-pedro-alvarez.html
    hat said, Alvarez is a Boras client and a DH only.  Given the nagging injuries to Frazier and Lawrie and Tilson, I would not clog the DH spot with Alvarez,

"No excuse to be bad" is another one of these absolutes that you succumb to.  The only way Sox  can become good is accept being bad for a period of time. And for the millionith time now, being bad  has its benefits as long as MLB doesn't have a lottery and allows teams to draft in inverse order of their standings the next year.  So yes, there is an EXTREMELY GOOD excuse for being bad.

Alvarez is 30 years old, and has been nearly as bad as Garcia these past two years.  Note that you didn't disqualify him on those grounds, but rather that he's a Boras client and merely a DH.  So unfortunately Alvarez doesn't even qualify for the "good old player" metaphor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:05 am