Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Proving Roger Wrong yet again.

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Proving Roger Wrong yet again.

Post by alohafri on Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:27 pm

rmapasad wrote:

I would be happy if the team does well based on the young players doing well, but not if it's because they hold onto Quintana, Robertson, Frazier, Cabrera too long or add 30+ year old vets on short-term deals. Young players doing well would mean they are ready to compete sooner than expected.  But I am realistic.  Anderson will be more closely scouted this year and his plate discipline sucks.  Rodon is a work in progress.   So is Gioloto and Lopez, who got lit up in his first ST start.  This will be a tough year for the Sox, but it's just the start. Part of the excitement will be to see how fast the young players develop but also which of the Sox's lottery tickets might pay off.

With a lack of offense, Rodon could have a 10 win season and have it still be considered successful, provided he keeps his ERA and walks down, etc.

And I agree with you on Anderson and his plate discipline, which is why I chose his walks for the tiebreaker in this year's contest.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:44 pm

I would be happy if the team does well based on the young players doing well, but not if it's because they hold onto Quintana, Robertson, Frazier, Cabrera too long or add 30+ year old vets on short-term deals. Young players doing well would mean they are ready to compete sooner than expected.  But I am realistic.  Anderson will be more closely scouted this year and his plate discipline sucks.  Rodon is a work in progress.   So is Gioloto and Lopez, who got lit up in his first ST start.  This will be a tough year for the Sox, but it's just the start. Part of the excitement will be to see how fast the young players develop but also which of the Sox's lottery tickets might pay off. 

I'M SURE THE ENTIRE BOARD WOULD JUMP FOR JOY IF QUINTANA AND THE REST WERE SOMEHOW TRADE PRIOR TO APRIL 3RD

PS, TIM ANDERSON LOOKS LIKE ANDRE DAWSON DID AS A KID WITH THE EXPOS.  I FULLY EXPECT A 290+ EXTRA BASE HITTING MACHINE

PSS, THE KARK JUST JINXED HIM

Razz
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:48 pm

alohafri wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:

I would be happy if the team does well based on the young players doing well, but not if it's because they hold onto Quintana, Robertson, Frazier, Cabrera too long or add 30+ year old vets on short-term deals. Young players doing well would mean they are ready to compete sooner than expected.  But I am realistic.  Anderson will be more closely scouted this year and his plate discipline sucks.  Rodon is a work in progress.   So is Gioloto and Lopez, who got lit up in his first ST start.  This will be a tough year for the Sox, but it's just the start. Part of the excitement will be to see how fast the young players develop but also which of the Sox's lottery tickets might pay off.

With a lack of offense, Rodon could have a 10 win season and have it still be considered successful, provided he keeps his ERA and walks down, etc.

And I agree with you on Anderson and his plate discipline, which is why I chose his walks for the tiebreaker in this year's contest.

BRITT BURNS WON 13 FOR A PATHETIC 1980 TEAM

SPEAKING OF 1980, I SEE TIM ANDERSON SOMEWHERE BETWEEN ANDRE DAWSON'S 1979 & 1980 RAW NUMBERS
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:53 pm

I took the Excel sheet and screened for age 26, prior year plus .7 WAR (which is what BR had Garcia at) all the way down to -2.0 WAR. 

NICE TO SEE YOU SAMPLE POPULATION IS NOW DEFINED IN A WAY THAT WOULD ACTUALLY INCLUDE AVISAIL GARCIA'S WAR TOTAL FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS.

BTW, is that WAR or oWAR?!?!?!

I'm see -0.4, -0.3, +0.8 as Garcia's 2014-2016 WAR totals
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:I would be happy if the team does well based on the young players doing well, but not if it's because they hold onto Quintana, Robertson, Frazier, Cabrera too long or add 30+ year old vets on short-term deals. Young players doing well would mean they are ready to compete sooner than expected.  But I am realistic.  Anderson will be more closely scouted this year and his plate discipline sucks.  Rodon is a work in progress.   So is Gioloto and Lopez, who got lit up in his first ST start.  This will be a tough year for the Sox, but it's just the start. Part of the excitement will be to see how fast the young players develop but also which of the Sox's lottery tickets might pay off. 

I'M SURE THE ENTIRE BOARD WOULD JUMP FOR JOY IF QUINTANA AND THE REST WERE SOMEHOW TRADE PRIOR TO APRIL 3RD
    PS, TIM ANDERSON LOOKS LIKE ANDRE DAWSON DID AS A KID WITH THE EXPOS.  I FULLY EXPECT A 290+ EXTRA BASE HITTING MACHINE
    PSS, THE KARK JUST JINXED HIM
    Razz

Anderson was a consistent .300 hitter at every level in the minors, and his hitting was impressive for first year in majors.   As was his glovework. Still the 13 BB's v. 117 K's is concerning.  That will have to change in order for him to have a successful career.  He has time to do that though.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:34 am

Anderson was a consistent .300 hitter at every level in the minors, and his hitting was impressive for first year in majors.   As was his glovework. Still the 13 BB's v. 117 K's is concerning.  That will have to change in order for him to have a successful career.  He has time to do that though.

BELIEVE!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:02 am