Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Bang for your Buck

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Bang for your Buck

Post by alohafri on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:43 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:ONCE AGAIN YOU SHOW YOUR LACK OF READING COMPREHENSION AND LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE WHITE SOX ROSTER AS WELL YOUR YOUR ABILITY TO THINK LOGICALLY

OK, YOU GUYS WERE CORRECT ABOUT BORAS, BUT THAT WAS NOT THE CENTRAL ARGUMENT.  YOU GUYS CLAIMED WIETERS WOULD BE BAD FOR THE SOX.  WHICH HE WOULDN'T.  SO NICE BAIT AND SWITCH.

PLUS REBUILDING TEAMS TAKE FLYERS ON 30 YEARS OLDS ALL THE TIME.  NOT EVERY PROSPECT IS READY.  SO YOU BRING IN A GUY FOR A YEAR SO YOU DON'T RUSH THE PROSPECT.  HOWEVER, YOUR KARKO DERANGEMENT SYNDROME IS BLINDING YOU FROM SEEING THE OBVIOUS.

YOU DO 5REALIZE YOUR HEROES AVISAIL GARCIA AND GEO SOTO WILL NOT BE PART OF THE 2020 WORLD SERIES TEAM DONTCHA

Listen carefully. THEY ARE ON THE FUCKING ROSTER. THEY ARE ON THE FUCKING ROSTER FOR RELATIVELY CHEAP MONEY. WHY IN THE BLUE BLAZES DO YOU WANT TO GO OUT AND SIGN A HIGHER END (IN YOUR OPINION) FREE AGENT CATCHER WHO ALSO WON'T BE A PART OF THE 2020 WORLD SERIES TEAM?

In the particular case of Wieters, I thought I saw an opportunity to sign an All-Star on the cheap.

Apparently, the opportunity was there

However, if you bother readings the rebuttals to my suggestion carefully, the price tag of Wieters was in the distinct minority of the discussion.

Instead of claiming Boras would never sign that cheap and be done with it.  I was hit with invented statisitics and flawed philosophical arguments about youth and complete distortions of the the bigger picture I was painting.

Maybe if you would have attempted to understand what I was saying, instead of looking to just deliberately disagree with me, that 3 week discussion could have be over in 3 minutes

What on Earth made you think that Wieters was going to sign for the ridiculously low amount that the White Sox would have offered him? He would have been insulted and waited for the next team.

He was NEVER on their radar in the first place.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:57 pm

What on Earth made you think that Wieters was going to sign for the ridiculously low amount that the White Sox would have offered him? He would have been insulted and waited for the next team.

WISHFUL THINKING

HEY, SOME GUYS HAVE PANICKED

NEVER KNOW WHEN THE PRETTY GIRL JUST DUMPS HER BOYFRIEND AND PLANS TO DANCE WITH THE FIRST GUY WHO ASKS JUST TO SHOW HIM
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:26 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:What on Earth made you think that Wieters was going to sign for the ridiculously low amount that the White Sox would have offered him? He would have been insulted and waited for the next team.

WISHFUL THINKING

HEY, SOME GUYS HAVE PANICKED

NEVER KNOW WHEN THE PRETTY GIRL JUST DUMPS HER BOYFRIEND AND PLANS TO DANCE WITH THE FIRST GUY WHO ASKS JUST TO SHOW HIM

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:26 pm

FIGURES YOU'D UNDERSTAND THIS EXPLANATION
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:03 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:FIGURES YOU'D UNDERSTAND THIS EXPLANATION

This isn't a formulaic response. In this one, you just insulted without claiming to be a victim. You must be growing.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:58 am

And your still not adding a damn thing to the baseball discussion.  You're just be condescending.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:03 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:And your still not adding a damn thing to the baseball discussion.  You're just be condescending.
    I'M being condescending? I guess you do know condescending better than anyone.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:18 am

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:And your still not adding a damn thing to the baseball discussion.  You're just be condescending.
    I'M being condescending? I guess you do know condescending better than anyone.

AS WELL AS SABERMETRICS AND POLITICS

Razz
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 pm

And modesty and humility
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:36 pm

NOBODY DOES HUMILITY BETTER THAN THE KARK