Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Bang for your Buck

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Bang for your Buck

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:58 pm

The bleacher report has a story regarding which team gets the best bang for their buck

the Yankees are worse.  But then, they spend so much it probably doesn't matter

the White Sox are 22.  There 3 worst players according to this metric

1) Melkey Cabrera
    2) David Robertson
    3) Avisail Garcia

LMAO!!!!!!  ROGER'S HERO!!!!!  MR 15% OF A JOSE GUILLEN!!!!

THIS IS HILLARIOUS.

Only scanned thru the report on my cell phone app, but to make this list at just $3mil for a year on a team that has James Shields is hysterical

and people here want to give him one more try

LOL.

Apathy for Avisail.  What a great philosophy.  Every Sox fan and their brother wants this clown gone.  But the second the KARK recommends its, he becomes a blue chip prospect again.

FYI, Donnie's Indians are rated #1.  The Cubs are #3 since Roger and Kevin are dying to know

PS, SOX TOP 3 ARE QUINTANA, FRAZIER AND ABREAU
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: Bang for your Buck

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:03 pm

DUG DEEPER INTO THE ARTICLE

Bascially, they estimate value in terms of dollars, then subtract actual salary in order to get a players net value.

Guess the reason Robertson is having trouble getting traded is that he is considered to be worth only $5.6mil.  which is $9.4 less than his 2017 salary of $15mil.

Avisail Garica is considered worth a negative $1.6mil.  Meaning he should be paying the White Sox to wear the uniform.

And to think that some here believe he should be wearing #3

Rosebowl is 100% correct when he claims the intelligence of the typical White sox fan has been vastly over rated
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:17 pm

HERE'S A THOUGHT

ROBERTSON TO THE NATIONALS FOR PROSPECTS, BUT INSTEAD OF EATING SALARY, THE WHITE SOX CAN TAKE JAYSON WERTH.  HE HAD AN OPS OF 752 IN 2016, WHICH BLOWS AWAY THE 4 PLATOONS OF TURD THE KARK SUGGESTED.

EVEN IF HE REVERTS BACK TO HIS 2015 FORM, 685OPS IS ABOUT WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE NEVER WILL BE'S WHO WILL BE SPENDING THE NEXT 6 WEEKS TRYING TO SHOW WHY THEY SUCK THE LEAST.

AND IF THE NATIONALS NEED AND OUTFIELDER TO TEMPORARILY FILL WERTH'S SPOT, WHO BETTER THAN AVISAIL GARCIA
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:28 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:HERE'S A THOUGHT
    ROBERTSON TO THE NATIONALS FOR PROSPECTS, BUT INSTEAD OF EATING SALARY, THE WHITE SOX CAN TAKE JAYSON WERTH.  HE HAD AN OPS OF 752 IN 2016, WHICH BLOWS AWAY THE 4 PLATOONS OF TURD THE KARK SUGGESTED.
    EVEN IF HE REVERTS BACK TO HIS 2015 FORM, 685OPS IS ABOUT WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE NEVER WILL BE'S WHO WILL BE SPENDING THE NEXT 6 WEEKS TRYING TO SHOW WHY THEY SUCK THE LEAST.
    AND IF THE NATIONALS NEED AND OUTFIELDER TO TEMPORARILY FILL WERTH'S SPOT, WHO BETTER THAN AVISAIL GARCIA

This is even a dumber idea than Wieters.  Yeah, the Sox should take on a 38 year old LFer making $ 21 million because he'll improve the 2017 Sox team in the outfield over those pathetic 24-27 year olds.  And let's just give them a 26 year old because Sox fans are tired of seeing him struggle.
    Maybe we should also call the Red Sox and offer them Moncada and try to get Sale back.  And see if we can turn Gioloto into some win-now vets.
    Let's win-now in 2017. 
    You are completely bought into this nothing-to-gain strategy of making the Sox as good as possible in 2017 even if it means hurting the 2019-2020 teams.

rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:The bleacher report has a story regarding which team gets the best bang for their buck

There 3 worst players according to this metric

1) Melkey Cabrera
    2) David Robertson
    3) Avisail Garcia

PS, SOX TOP 3 ARE QUINTANA, FRAZIER AND ABREAU

I know a guy who worked for Bleacher Report.  They produce garbage.
    Only took 5 minutes to copy Baseball Reference's 2016 Sox players onto a Excel spreadsheet to see how badly botched Bleacher's analysis is.
    "Cost efficiency"  is a simple measure of how much each WAR costs based on a player's salary.  An "average" major league WAR costs $ 3 million. Young guys earning minimum salary are often less than $ 1 mil per WAR where older free agents like Robertson cost $ 8 mil or more per win.

Anderson, Saladino, Rodon, Jones, Quintana were the most efficient of current Sox members.  Garcia, Lawrie and Frazier were middle of the pack
    and the three current guys whose WAR cost most were Abreu, Cabrera and Robertson.  Sox had too many negative value guys last year.
    Here's the chart of how much each guy's WAR cost the Sox .

Tim Anderson $        178,571
    Tyler Saladino $        285,000
    Carlos Rodon* $        345,333
    Nate Jones $        391,304
    Adam Eaton* $        443,548
    Dan Jennings* $        540,000
    Jose Quintana* $    1,038,462
    Zach Putnam $    1,392,857
    Omar Narvaez* $    1,666,667
    Chris Sale* $    1,867,347
    Todd Frazier $    2,426,471
    Alex Avila* $    2,500,000
    Avisail Garcia $    2,625,000
    Brett Lawrie $    3,173,077
    Justin Morneau* $    3,333,333
    Jose Abreu $    4,166,786
    Melky Cabrera# $    5,384,615
    David Robertson $    9,166,667
    Mat Latos $  10,000,000
    J.B. Shuck* $      (289,444)
    Matt Albers $   (1,000,000)
    Jacob Turner $   (1,250,000)
    Jerry Sands $   (1,783,333)
    Dioner Navarro# $   (3,833,333)
    James Shields $(11,052,632)
    Jimmy Rollins# $(20,000,000)
    Austin Jackson $(50,000,000)
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:41 pm

rmapasad wrote:

This is even a dumber idea than Wieters.  Yeah, the Sox should take on a 38 year old LFer making $ 21 million because he'll improve the 2017 Sox team in the outfield over those pathetic 24-27 year olds.  And let's just give them a 26 year old because Sox fans are tired of seeing him struggle.
    Maybe we should also call the Red Sox and offer them Moncada and try to get Sale back.  And see if we can turn Gioloto into some win-now vets.
    Let's win-now in 2017. 
    You are completely bought into this nothing-to-gain strategy of making the Sox as good as possible in 2017 even if it means hurting the 2019-2020 teams.

ONCE AGAIN, You prove to me you just can't wait to disagree with THE KARK.

So riddle me this Batman, would you eat all of Robertson salary to get Someone like say Severino?!?!?!?!?

If so, then what is the difference between paying Robertson and taking a loser contract instead?!?!?!?

And how would Werth hurt the all important 2020 World Series run?!?!?!?!?

Your the only one here that thinks Garcia is any good.  The rest of the board sees a stiff.

Anybody else that loses playing time can get it at Charlotte.  A place you just said in another post that have my platoons should be.

So once again you contradict yourself as you outright lie about what I am trying to say
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:26 pm

If so, then what is the difference between paying Robertson and taking a loser contract instead?!?!?!?>>
    Because Werth is an OFer who will crowd out the playing time of another younger OFer that the Sox need to test out this season.  Why have 2 Melky Cabreras when the Sox are already trying to get rid of the one they already have ? Doubt that the Nats would want to dump Werth since they're playing win-now anyway.  Plus, Sox may need to eat only 1/2 or 2/3 at most of Robertson's salary to get a Severino or Norris (who is 28).
    Point is that the $ 25 mil owed to Robertson is dead money anyway. So get him out of town and use his roster spot for a younger player instead of substituting his spot with more dead weight.

Your the only one here that thinks Garcia is any good.  The rest of the board sees a stiff.

Garcia was marginally (.7 WAR) above a replacement level player last year.  That's lousy but it shows some faint glimmer of hope that there might be a chance for improvement in the future considering he's 26.  Since Sox aren't contending and don't have to worry about him dragging down the team fortunes, and don't have measurably better prospects who are major league ready to take his place, there is no big harm to giving him one more fling.  I'm not predicting he'll turn into a 3-4 WAR player but if he improves to 1.5 - 2 that is enough to justify his existence at $ 5 mil next year.

That will give him one more shot at 3 WAR in 2018.   BUT if he's back to his same old near replacement level again, then by all means dump him.

This will be my last statement on Garcia - I am not predicting anything. If he flops again, so be it.

All I'm saying is the Sox have nothing to lose by allowing him one last shot to show improvement.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:13 pm

rmapasad wrote:If so, then what is the difference between paying Robertson and taking a loser contract instead?!?!?!?>>
    Because Werth is an OFer who will crowd out the playing time of another younger OFer that the Sox need to test out this season. 

LIKE WHO?!?!?!?!?!  DID THEY TRADE FOR AUSTIN MEADOWS IN BETWEEN OUR POSTS?!?!?!??

Why have 2 Melky Cabreras when the Sox are already trying to get rid of the one they already have ? Doubt that the Nats would want to dump Werth since they're playing win-now anyway.

TO BE HONEST, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE NATS PLANS ARE.  BUT I DOUBT A 38 YR OLD WOULD BE CONSIDERED A KEY INGRIDENT.  BTW, WHY WOULDN'T THE NATS WANT TO REPLACE WERTH WITH YOUR HERO.  DON'T THEY REALIZE THEY'D BE GETTING THE NEXT JOSE GUILLEN?

Plus, Sox may need to eat only 1/2 or 2/3 at most of Robertson's salary to get a Severino or Norris (who is 28).

IF THAT'S THE CASE FINE.  IF ITS FOR SEVERINO.  THE KARK DOESN'T TOUCH A 28 YR OLD.  I WANT TOP NOTCH PROSPECTS IN THEIR EARLY 20'S.  

Point is that the $ 25 mil owed to Robertson is dead money anyway. So get him out of town and use his roster spot for a younger player instead of substituting his spot with more dead weight.

AGAIN WITH YOUR LACK OF READING COMPREHENSION.  ROBERTSON FOR PROSPECTS.  PLURAL.  YOUNG TALENT.  YOUNG TALENT THAT IS FAR SUPERIOR THAN THE QUAD A CRAP THE WHITE SOX ARE PRETENDING IS A MLB CALIBER OUTFIELD.  WERTH JUST BALANCES OUT THE MONEY.  SO IF YOU ACTUALLY TRIED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING INSTEAD OF IMMEDIATELY DISAGREEING WITH ME, YOU'D SEE THAT ROBERTSON/GARCIA FOR WERTH AND PROSPECTS (SEVERINO PLUS ONE) YOU'D SEE THAT THE WHITE SOX POTENTIALLY HAVE MORE BUILDING BLOCKS FOR THE 2020 WORLD SERIES RUN.

NOT ONLY THAT, NATE JONES IS NOW CLOSER WHICH HOPEFULLY MAKES HIM A VALUABLE TRADE CHIP IN JULY.  AND NATURALLY WERTH WILL BE A TRADE CHIP AS WELL.  UNLIKE GARCIA WHO CONTINUE TO BE A DFA CANDIDATE

Garcia was marginally (.7 WAR) above a replacement level player last year.  That's lousy but it shows some faint glimmer of hope that there might be a chance for improvement in the future considering he's 26.  Since Sox aren't contending and don't have to worry about him dragging down the team fortunes, and don't have measurably better prospects who are major league ready to take his place, there is no big harm to giving him one more fling.  I'm not predicting he'll turn into a 3-4 WAR player but if he improves to 1.5 - 2 that is enough to justify his existence at $ 5 mil next year.

That will give him one more shot at 3 WAR in 2018.   BUT if he's back to his same old near replacement level again, then by all means dump him.

This will be my last statement on Garcia - I am not predicting anything. If he flops again, so be it.

All I'm saying is the Sox have nothing to lose by allowing him one last shot to show improvement.

THEY LOSE $2MILLION AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY SOME ONE ELSE.  THIS NOTION THAT HE IS THE LARGEST MIDGET AND THAT JUSTIFIES A ROSTER SPOT IS BEYOND RETARDED.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE INSTEAD OF DAYDREAMING

BTW, GARCIA HAD 2 HITS TODAY.  BREAK OPEN THE CHAMPAGNE
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:16 pm

AGAIN ROGER CONTRADICTS HIMSELF!!!!!!

HE BRINGS UP DEREK NORRIS!!!!

A 28 YEAR OLD THAT BATTED 186!!!!!!

I WOULDN'T GIVE UP JAKE PETRICKA FOR THAT
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:59 am

And another thing 

What if Garcia and Asche and Davidson and the rest continue to suck

I'm sure you realize there is a good shot they all fail

What then?!?!?!

Roger makes it sound like it's all over

LMAO

If one actually looks at the real roster, instead of babbling abstract theory, one will see the real prospects are a year or three away.

Meaning most of the players being discussed are just fillers

Meaning Roger posts out of both sides of his keyboard when on one hand he agrees these guys lack talent then on the other hand claims it's essential guys like Garcia and Asche be given everybody opportunity because the last three years weren't enough

People, I'm sure most of you realize the Sox have better options than what is currently in camp.  Maybe one of you should stick your nose in Roger's business and explain it to him
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:13 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:If one actually looks at the real roster, instead of babbling abstract theory, one will see the real prospects are a year or three away.Meaning most of the players being discussed are just fillers
    Meaning Roger posts out of both sides of his keyboard when on one hand he agrees these guys lack talent then on the other hand claims it's essential guys like Garcia and Asche be given everybody opportunity because the last three years weren't enough

People, I'm sure most of you realize the Sox have better options than what is currently in camp.  Maybe one of you should stick your nose in Roger's business and explain it to him

What "better options" do the Sox have besides who is in camp ?  Getting a 38 year old OFer in a trade, bringing in Doug Fister for the rotation ?  Why get more of the same kind of guys they want to trade away
    midseason if they can (Cabrera, Miguel Gonzalez) ?  Not to mention the Quitana, Frazier, Robertson maybe even Abreu trades.  This team is headed to 90 losses and possibly 100 if the vet trades materialize and quad-A guys suck.  That gets # 1 or 2 draft pick in 2018 which is where Sox could snag the next Bryce Harper or Kris Bryant.   Why do you want to screw all that up playing some bastardized win-now strategy ?  To make the 2017 train wreck look a little less gory ?  Then don't watch it.
    If any of this mess of Tilsons, Lirianos, Garcias, Davidsons, Asches turn into useful players, that's a real bonus because that's another spot filled for 2019-2020.  If none do, then they've made another kind of contribution to the Sox's future by insuring better draft picks.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:30 am

Werth? I think that's Dutch for Adam LaRoche, which is Greek for Adam Dunn. This may be the most ridiculous ideas I have heard come down the pike in years.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:53 am

alohafri wrote:
    Werth? I think that's Dutch for Adam LaRoche, which is Greek for Adam Dunn. This may be the most ridiculous ideas I have heard come down the pike in years.

Probably the most ridiculous idea that Werth has heard of too.  And as a 10 -5 player (10 yrs + service time plus 5 with the same team) he has the right to veto any trade that doesn't suit him. 
    Can't think of a trade that would suit him less than to the Sox.  He's on a team that won the NL East last year, is favored to do that again this year, and he's 38, on the last year of his contract.    Sure he'd just LOVE to go to a 70 win team, and sit home in October.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:30 am

alohafri wrote:

Another poster that looks to deliberately disagree instead of trying to comprehend

If you actually read what I wrote, you'd see the purpose of Werth is to intise the Nationals to give us more prospects for Robertson.  Isn't that what we all want?  Real prospect.  Not quad A crap that just happens to be south of age 27

Now maybe I'm being too generous with Reinsdorf money, but that is nowhere near as ridiculous as the belief you two have of Avisail Garcia being on the verge of stardom
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:42 am

rmapasad wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Probably the most ridiculous idea that Werth has heard of too.  And as a 10 -5 player (10 yrs + service time plus 5 with the same team) he has the right to veto any trade that doesn't suit him. 
    Can't think of a trade that would suit him less than to the Sox.  He's on a team that won the NL East last year, is favored to do that again this year, and he's 38, on the last year of his contract.    Sure he'd just LOVE to go to a 70 win team, and sit home in October.
    Well excuse me for not realizing he's a 5 & 10er

An excuse me for focusing on what is best for the Sox instead of some 38 yr old RF that is grossly overpaid

And excuse me for thinking outside the box and trying to brainstorm

And just what do you two geniuses think we should do with Robertson and Garcia?

If the two of you tried looking at the big picture for once, you'd quickly realize the White Sox need more blue chip young hitters.  Not some retarded fantasy that Garcia is 15% of Jose Guillen

If getting a guy like Severino means taking a guy like Werth, then so be it

But you two don't think.  You look to just deliberately disagree.  How else do you explain this insane defense of Avisail Garcia??????

When your stuck in a bad marriage, it's better to file for divorce then look for an new partner then the other way around
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Another poster that looks to deliberately disagree instead of trying to comprehend

If you actually read what I wrote, you'd see the purpose of Werth is to intise the Nationals to give us more prospects for Robertson.  Isn't that what we all want?  Real prospect.  Not quad A crap that just happens to be south of age 27

Now maybe I'm being too generous with Reinsdorf money, but that is nowhere near as ridiculous as the belief you two have of Avisail Garcia being on the verge of stardom

Mr. Potatohead! Mr. Potatohead! You can go back through the ENTIRE board and nowhere will you see ANYONE saying that Avisail Garcia is on the verge of anything except maybe a career in porn. 
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:51 am

alohafri wrote:
    You can go back through the ENTIRE board and nowhere will you see ANYONE saying that Avisail Garcia is on the verge of anything except maybe a career in porn. 

Are you DELIBERATELY disagreeing with our esteemed highly IQ'd CPA yet again???
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:05 am

Nomads44 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    You can go back through the ENTIRE board and nowhere will you see ANYONE saying that Avisail Garcia is on the verge of anything except maybe a career in porn. 

I am because no one has ever made that claim, except for maybe Avi himself.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:15 am

alohafri wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Excuse me, but one person here claimed there was a 15-20% chance Avisail Garcia will evolve into the next Jose Guillen.  That person failed to provide any substanitation for this probably

Yet for some reason, you two give him a free pass.

But when the KARK obviously mocks this riduculous assertion, you people act like the sarcasm was meant to be a literal statement.

BTW, Garcia has had a better WAR than Werth in each of the past two seasons.  So Robertson/Garcia for Werth and prospects(Kieboom brothers) makes all the sense in the world.  Taking Werth is the same as paying Robertson salary.  Throwing in Garcia saves us the trouble of non tendering him or designating him for assignment later.

The only way this trade sucks is if you think Garcia will become a part of the rebuilt 2020 World Series team.

So why don't you two geniuses opine as to whether or not Garcia is worth keeping.

PS, Jim, I'll let you explain who the Kieboom brothers are since I doubt Kevin has a clue
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:28 am

Only took 5 minutes to copy Baseball Reference's 2016 Sox players onto a Excel spreadsheet to see how badly botched Bleacher's analysis is.

Actually, it is you that has botched things up.

One, Bleacher Report was simply using the Money Ball report.

Two, Money Ball was using 2017 projections, not 2016 results

Three, Money Ball was translating WAR into dollars, not determine individual cost per WAR.

Four, Garcia is projected to have a negative WAR in 2017.  Which makes senses since he was negative in 2 of the past 3 years.

Five, I loved to see how botched your analysis is when you proclaimed Garcia has a 1 in 5 chance of being the next Jose Guillen

Six, if you agree with me that he sucks so badly, why the outrage to throw him into a trade?  Jim and Kevin should also answer this one
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:35 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Excuse me, but one person here claimed there was a 15-20% chance Avisail Garcia will evolve into the next Jose Guillen.  That person failed to provide any substanitation for this probably

Yet for some reason, you two give him a free pass.

There's a 15-20% chance that Peg will leave me so I can marry Sarah Michelle Gellar too. Those are LONG odds to be making a claim to greatness.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:10 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Actually, it is you that has botched things up.
    One, Bleacher Report was simply using the Money Ball report.
    Two, Money Ball was using 2017 projections, not 2016 results
    Three, Money Ball was translating WAR into dollars, not determine individual cost per WAR.
    Four, Garcia is projected to have a negative WAR in 2017.  Which makes senses since he was negative in 2 of the past 3 years.
    Five, I loved to see how botched your analysis is when you proclaimed Garcia has a 1 in 5 chance of being the next Jose Guillen
    Six, if you agree with me that he sucks so badly, why the outrage to throw him into a trade?  Jim and Kevin should also answer this one

Zips Projections has Garcia at -.2 WAR this year versus his +.7 WAR last year.   Zips projection is based on him playing a lot of RF (versus mostly DHing last year), and his defense drags his overall WAR quite a bit.  I've said all along that Sox should play Liriano in RF and DH Garcia.   Worth noting that this projection system (Zips) has Jimmy Rollins, Jason Coats and Jerry Sands still listed as members of the 2017 Sox team.  They also have Tim Anderson (663) projected at a lower OPS than Garcia (706).    Last but not least, they have your boy Jayson Werth at -.4 WAR, even worse than Garcia.  .Personally not sure how reliable Zips projection is
    The other system (Steamer) has Garcia at 712 OPS, so they aren't bullish on him either.  Neither am I nor have I ever been.  Saying he has a 15-20% chance of being decent this year means the odds are pretty heavily against him.   But looking at his other Sox competitors, none have any better chances.  
    So why single Garcia out for removal among this grab-bag of marginal 24-27 year olds who the Sox will be throwing out there ?  Let the whole lot of them tussle it out on the field and see what happens. It's not like their failures or shortcomings will be responsible for killing the Sox's pennant chances for 2017.  Those chances were already sealed with the Sale and Eaton trades. 
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:14 am

rmapasad wrote:
    So why single Garcia out for removal among this grab-bag of marginal 24-27 year olds who the Sox will be throwing out there ?  Let the whole lot of them tussle it out on the field and see what happens. It's not like their failures or shortcomings will be responsible for killing the Sox's pennant chances for 2017.  Those chances were already sealed with the Sale and Eaton trades. 

Because it is important to miss the last wild card spot by 15 games instead of 16 games.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:32 am

alohafri wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:

Because it is important to miss the last wild card spot by 15 games instead of 16 games.

Exactly.  cheers cheers cheers
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:11 am

There's a 15-20% chance that Peg will leave me so I can marry Sarah Michelle Gellar too. Those are LONG odds to be making a claim to greatness.

YOU HAVE ZERO SHOT WITH BUFFY

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:42 pm