Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

The "Comeback"

rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

The "Comeback"

Post by rmapasad on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Avisail Garcia lost 14 pounds over the offseason.

He currently checks in at 254 pounds but would like to get down to 248 by the end of spring training. Garcia appears motivated and knows that the 2017 campaign could be a pivotal one for him after he produced just a .252/.308/.374 batting line while playing poor defense over the previous two seasons. "I do my routine every morning,’’ Garcia said. "After practice, I go back to the gym. When you work and believe in yourself nothing can stop you."

Nothing can stop him except major league pitching of course.  This is typical spring BS talk, but at least the guy is showing he's got to get his ass in gear.  What the hell was he doing at 269 pounds this offseason though ?
    I am not predicting a comeback by him, as his power and plate discipline have sucked not only these last two seasons but his entire minor league career..  It will border on a miracle if he can produce a
    800+ OPS.  But stranger things have happened and frankly it's questionable whether anyone the Sox have in camp right now to compete for DH can crack the meager 695 that Garcia put up last year.  So by lack of competition, Garcia could get his final shot at redemption. 

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: The "Comeback"

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:27 am

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/216553746/white-sox-avisail-garcia-works-to-reclaim-role/

HERE'S THE LINK!!!!!

WONDER IF ITS TOO LATE TO HAND THIS STIFF A CATCHERS MASK

BUT THEN, THIS BOARD OF CLOSEST CUB FANS WILL MISS THEIR HERO, GEO SOTO

NOW ITS OFF TO THE FRIDGE TO SEE IF ANY FOOD HAS MAGICALLY APPEARED SINCE I LAST CHECKED IT AN HOUR AGO

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:00 pm