Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

FULL OF BEANS or just DELUSIONAL

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: FULL OF BEANS or just DELUSIONAL

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:32 am

YOU OUTRIGHT LIE BY INCLUDING HIM IN YOUR LIST OF FAILURES>
    You outright lie by saying that this was a "list of failures". This was a list of guys who have some talent but also have shortcomings which is why they haven't been given the chance to play more (with the exception of Garcia of course).  Now they're getting that chance, we'll see what happens.

WRONG AGAIN!!!!!

TILSON WAS GIVEN A CHANCE AND HAD A FLUKE INJURY ON HIS FIRST DAY IN A WHITE SOX UNIFORM

AND YES, IT IS A LIST OF FAILURE BECAUSE MOST OF THEM, NOT JUST GARCIA, FAILED!!!!!

THE ONLY REASON THEY ARE GETTING THEIR 3RD OR 4TH CHANCE IS BECAUSE QUINTANA HASN'T BEEN CONVERTED INTO THE OF EQUIVALENT OF RIZZO YET.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:42 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Seriously, defending Avisail Garcia?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Your buddy Roger correctly called him a stiff when the Sox acquired him.
    Now after proving roger 100% correct, the two of you want to give him a 3rd, or is it, 4th chance.

Yes, I was very skeptical of him from Day 1.  Still am. But giving him one last shot isn't going to alter Sox's 2017 season even if he sucks again. Unlike 2015 and 2016 when they were trying to contend and playing Garcia hurt their chances.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:47 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

More like I actually think and analyze instead of looking for ways to deliberately disagree with people.

Seriously, defending Avisail Garcia?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Now after proving roger 100% correct, the two of you want to give him a 3rd, or is it, 4th chance.

It's more like you are Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit II and you can't stand the fact that there are opinions different from your own.

Again, who is defending Avisail Garcia? All we are saying is that until a better option comes along, and he is on the big club, play him. Hopefully he surprises everyone and can be traded at some point.

(312) 674-1000. Call and ask for Rick Hahn. Tell him you want him to go get Matt Wieters and to get rid of Avi Garcia. Let's see if you have the balls to match your self-proclaimed IQ of 162. You can even tell him that two guys you know "support" Avi Garcia and are opposed to Matt Wieters. Go ahead and dazzle him with your brilliance.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:49 am

You have said repeatedly the only two guys that are sure things for 2018 are Anderson and Rodon. I agree.  So it does no good for you, me or the Sox to predict which of these other question mark guys will make 2018 team since they will get a chance to prove it on the field . 

AGAIN YOU FAIL TO FULLY COMPREHEND MY POINT

ANDERSON AND RODON NEED TO BE TWO OF THE STARS OF THE FUTURE SOX!!!!!

TILSON LOOKS TO BE MERELY GOOD, AND THAT WON'T BE ENOUGH IF THE SOX CAN ACTUALLY DEVELOP SOME OF THEIR HIGH END TALENT AT LOWER LEVELS.  AND HOPEFULLY QUINTANA CAN ADD TO THAT HIGH END TALENT

TRY LOOKING AT THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION INSTEAD OF RECITING MEANINGLESS CLICHES AND YOUR SICK ELEPHANT STORIES ABOUT THE CUBS

THE KARK ISN'T FALLING FOR YOUR HALF TRUTHS
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:53 am

It's more like you are Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit II and you can't stand the fact that there are opinions different from your own.

Again, who is defending Avisail Garcia? All we are saying is that until a better option comes along, and he is on the big club, play him. Hopefully he surprises everyone and can be traded at some point.

(312) 674-1000. Call and ask for Rick Hahn. Tell him you want him to go get Matt Wieters and to get rid of Avi Garcia. Let's see if you have the balls to match your self-proclaimed IQ of 162. You can even tell him that two guys you know "support" Avi Garcia and are opposed to Matt Wieters. Go ahead and dazzle him with your brilliance.

LMAO!!!!!!!

More like I can't stand uninformed or misinformed opinions

Like the  uniformed opinion that the White Sox have no better option than Avisail Garcia

and yes, both you and Roger are defending that clown when you insist that the White Sox play him for no other reason than to deliberately disagree with me
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:54 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:It's more like you are Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit II and you can't stand the fact that there are opinions different from your own.

LMAO!!!!!!!

Like the  uniformed opinion that the White Sox have no better option than Avisail Garcia

and yes, both you and Roger are defending that clown when you insist that the White Sox play him for no other reason than to deliberately disagree with me

What is the "better option"?

Maybe you need to have a conversation with the lawyers on the board about what "defending" means.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:12 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Seriously, defending Avisail Garcia?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yes, I was very skeptical of him from Day 1.  Still am. But giving him one last shot isn't going to alter Sox's 2017 season even if he sucks again. Unlike 2015 and 2016 when they were trying to contend and playing Garcia hurt their chances.

Statements like this show how little you have actually thought about the situation.  Instead, it just proves to me that you look for ways to deliberately disagree with THE KARK

Gee, I would think a stat boy like you could rattle off a half dozen Quad A types that are available and have a better chance at succeeding that this clown.

In fact, the Sox already have one in Rymer Liriano
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:18 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

Instead, it just proves to me that you look for ways to deliberately disagree with THE KARK

So, this is really about your self-esteem and ego.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:20 am

What is the "better option"?

Rymer Liriano
    Adam Engel
    Jacob May
    Matt Davidson
    Wily Garcia

And that is what is currently in camp

Then there is still trades and free agency

Maybe the White Sox get lucky and get Audrey Meadows from the Pirates for Quintana.

Heck, they could probably shop Michael Ynoa and get an OF better than you boy Avisail
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:24 am

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

Instead, it just proves to me that you look for ways to deliberately disagree with THE KARK

NO, ITS ABOUT HOW YOU'D RATHER WATCH AVISAIL GARCIA SUCK UP THE JOINT INSTEAD OF ADMITTING I'M RIGHT
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 am

Maybe you need to have a conversation with the lawyers on the board about what "defending" means.

ONE OF THEM WOULD JUST SCREAM

BELIEVE
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:32 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:What is the "better option"?

Rymer Liriano
    Adam Engel
    Jacob May
    Matt Davidson
    Wily Garcia

And that is what is currently in camp

Then there is still trades and free agency

Maybe the White Sox get lucky and get Audrey Meadows from the Pirates for Quintana.

Heck, they could probably shop Michael Ynoa and get an OF better than you boy Avisail

Matt Davidson should stay in the infield.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:33 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

NO, ITS ABOUT HOW YOU'D RATHER WATCH AVISAIL GARCIA SUCK UP THE JOINT INSTEAD OF ADMITTING I'M RIGHT

Put your money where your mouth is.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:35 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:It's more like you are Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit II and you can't stand the fact that there are opinions different from your own.

LMAO!!!!!!!

LMAO on this "deliberate disagreeing" stuff.   Had said despite Garcia's suckiness the Sox might as well hold onto him in 2017 long before you ever started on your "cut him" campaign.
    As for "informed" opinions, have said repeatedly Garcia should not be playing in the field. But who
    exactly has shown they would be a better option at DH than Garcia ?
    Asche (total journeyman), Davidson (worse AAA stats than Garcia had), Willy Garcia (much worse minor league record). The bar to beat Garcia isn't very high but at this point the Sox don't have anyone that looks like they can clear it.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:39 am

rmapasad wrote:

LMAO!!!!!!!

LMAO on this "deliberate disagreeing" stuff.   Had said despite Garcia's suckiness the Sox might as well hold onto him in 2017 long before you ever started on your "cut him" campaign.
    As for "informed" opinions, have said repeatedly Garcia should not be playing in the field. But who
    exactly has shown they would be a better option at DH than Garcia ?
    Asche (total journeyman), Davidson (worse AAA stats than Garcia had), Willy Garcia (much worse minor league record). The bar to beat Garcia isn't very high but at this point the Sox don't have anyone that looks like they can clear it.

Pretend to contend!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Pretend to contend!

NEVER SAID THAT

BUT KEEP ON DELIBERATELY DISAGREEING
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:13 pm

The bar to beat Garcia isn't very high but at this point the Sox don't have anyone that looks like they can clear it.

YOU SAY THE SILLIEST THINGS JUST TO DELIBERATELY DISAGREE WITH THE KARK

CHRIS CARTER, CO NL 2016 HR CHAMP JUST SIGNED A 1 YEAR 3.5MIL DEAL WITH THE YANKEES.

TELL ME THAT IS NOT BETTER THAN GARCIA.

MAYBE WIETERS IS NOW WORTH 2.5.  WONDER IF YOU WILL RENEGE ON YOUR STMT THAT HE IS WORTH IT AT THAT PRICE.

OOPS, FORGOT THE WHITE SOX ARE SUPPOSE TO LOSE EVERY GAME WHEN REBUILDING

WONDER IF THE WHITE SOX WILL FARM OUT TIM ANDERSON AND CARLOS RODON.  WHAT IF THEY PLAY TOO WELL AND JEPORDIZE THE 2018 DRAFT PICK
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Matt Davidson should stay in the infield.

I'M SURE THE WHITE SOX COULD JUGGLE THAT IF NEED BE
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Pretend to contend!

NEVER SAID THAT

You are saying it when you want to sign a free agent catcher that no one seems to want and most seem to think he is rapidly on the downside of his career. Last year's salary was nearly $16 million. Do you honestly believe he will accept less than that?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:The bar to beat Garcia isn't very high but at this point the Sox don't have anyone that looks like they can clear it.

YOU SAY THE SILLIEST THINGS JUST TO DELIBERATELY DISAGREE WITH THE KARK

CHRIS CARTER, CO NL 2016 HR CHAMP JUST SIGNED A 1 YEAR 3.5MIL DEAL WITH THE YANKEES.

TELL ME THAT IS NOT BETTER THAN GARCIA.

MAYBE WIETERS IS NOW WORTH 2.5.  WONDER IF YOU WILL RENEGE ON YOUR STMT THAT HE IS WORTH IT AT THAT PRICE.

OOPS, FORGOT THE WHITE SOX ARE SUPPOSE TO LOSE EVERY GAME WHEN REBUILDING

WONDER IF THE WHITE SOX WILL FARM OUT TIM ANDERSON AND CARLOS RODON.  WHAT IF THEY PLAY TOO WELL AND JEPORDIZE THE 2018 DRAFT PICK

I'll say this, no one plays the PLOM card better than the Kark.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:18 pm

I'll say this, no one plays the PLOM card better than the Kark.

WHATEVER ROB

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Why should the Sox cut Garcia at this moment ? 

BECAUSE HE SUCKS!!!!!!

HE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN TENDERED!!!!!!!

TRY WATCHING THE GAMES INSTEAD OF STAT HACK BLOGS!!!!!

DEFENDING AVISAIL GARCIA, WHAT FURTHER PROOF IS NEEDED SOME PEOPLE HERE JUST WISH TO DELIBERATELY DISAGREE WITH THE KARK

No one is "defending" Avisail Garcia. We are just saying that he is on the team at the moment. Releasing him gets the Sox nothing, and I believe we still have to pay him. He can be offered up as trade bait, but the fish likely won't be biting. 

RELEASE HIM B4 3/15 AND YOU ONLY PAY HIM ABOUT A 1/6TH

THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO VICIEDO

BUT WHY LOOK IT UP WHEN ITS EASIER TO DELIBERATELY DISAGREE WITH THE KARK.

GEE, I WOULD THINK A SEASON TICKET HOLDER WOULD HAVE SEEN ENOUGH OF GARCIA IN A WHITE SOX UNIFORM
    And a hell of a lot more fun!!!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:29 pm

alohafri wrote:

NEVER SAID THAT

You are saying it when you want to sign a free agent catcher that no one seems to want and most seem to think he is rapidly on the downside of his career. Last year's salary was nearly $16 million. Do you honestly believe he will accept less than that?

Supposedly he has with the Devil Rays

BTW, it appears the Rays went higher than I would have.

Guess we better hope that Zach Collins has shown enough to start the year at AA Birhingham, which then should translate into a September callup.  Although he would probably need at least 1/2 a season of AAA in 2018.

And that's assuming everything goes well.  which means with the bat and the glove.  There is a chance Collins is really the 1B of the future for our White Sox
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:29 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Why should the Sox cut Garcia at this moment ? 

BECAUSE HE SUCKS!!!!!!

HE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN TENDERED!!!!!!!

TRY WATCHING THE GAMES INSTEAD OF STAT HACK BLOGS!!!!!

DEFENDING AVISAIL GARCIA, WHAT FURTHER PROOF IS NEEDED SOME PEOPLE HERE JUST WISH TO DELIBERATELY DISAGREE WITH THE KARK

No one is "defending" Avisail Garcia. We are just saying that he is on the team at the moment. Releasing him gets the Sox nothing, and I believe we still have to pay him. He can be offered up as trade bait, but the fish likely won't be biting. 

RELEASE HIM B4 3/15 AND YOU ONLY PAY HIM ABOUT A 1/6TH

THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO VICIEDO

BUT WHY LOOK IT UP WHEN ITS EASIER TO DELIBERATELY DISAGREE WITH THE KARK.

GEE, I WOULD THINK A SEASON TICKET HOLDER WOULD HAVE SEEN ENOUGH OF GARCIA IN A WHITE SOX UNIFORM
    And a hell of a lot more fun!!!

AT LEAST SOMEBODY HERE ADMITS IT
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

NEVER SAID THAT

Supposedly he has with the Devil Rays

BTW, it appears the Rays went higher than I would have.

Guess we better hope that Zach Collins has shown enough to start the year at AA Birhingham, which then should translate into a September callup.  Although he would probably need at least 1/2 a season of AAA in 2018.

And that's assuming everything goes well.  which means with the bat and the glove.  There is a chance Collins is really the 1B of the future for our White Sox

Faster is better! If the plan doesn't work by July, it failed.

I am perfectly fine with waiting until 2018 or even 2019 to see Zach Collins with the big club.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:06 pm