Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

ROGER'S OUTFIELD

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

ROGER'S OUTFIELD

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:55 pm

THE GARCIA TRIPLETS OF AVISAIL, WILLY, AND LEURY

ALL 26 AND UNDER

THIS WHAT THE CUBS WOULD HAVE DONE

AND IF THEY FAIL, THEN YOU HAVE THOSE BLUE CHIP SOX PROSPECTS OF COURTNEY HAWKINS, JACOB MAY AND ADAM ENGEL

MIGHT AS WELL START PRINTING THOSE 2020 WORLD SERIES TICKETS NOW!!!!!!

WAVE THREE IS MATT DAVIDSON, CHARLIE TILSON AND RYMER LIRIANO

ACCORDING TO ROGERS COMPLETELY INVENTED 1 IN 4 STAT, THERE SHOULD BE 2 ALL-STAR LURKING HERE SOMEWHERE!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHICH FAILURES TURN IT ALL AROUND
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Re: ROGER'S OUTFIELD

Post by rmapasad on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:29 pm

ACCORDING TO ROGERS COMPLETELY INVENTED 1 IN 4 STAT, THERE SHOULD BE 2 ALL-STAR LURKING HERE SOMEWHERE!!!!!!
    CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHICH FAILURES TURN IT ALL AROUND >>

Specifically the comment was 1 in 4 might "make it".  That's pretty far cry from saying they'll be All Stars. Then again, you never bother to quote people  accurately since it's so much easier to paraphrase what they said to suit your purposes.  
    So what kind of an OF should the Sox have tried to field in 2017 if not Tilson, Liriano, and Co. ?  Should they have scoured free agency for bargain vets instead so the team would be more "watchable" ?   Sox already have enough vets going through the motions this year - Cabrera, Abreu, Frazier, Robertson, Shields.  
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:39 pm

Learn how to read

I'm mocking your bullshit 1 in 4 stat.

When you admit you just made this number up with zero basis in fact, then I'll stop thinking you're a lying piece of crap

Last edited by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:04 pm

rmapasad wrote:ACCORDING TO ROGERS COMPLETELY INVENTED 1 IN 4 STAT, THERE SHOULD BE 2 ALL-STAR LURKING HERE SOMEWHERE!!!!!!
    CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHICH FAILURES TURN IT ALL AROUND >>

Specifically the comment was 1 in 4 might "make it".  That's pretty far cry from saying they'll be All Stars. Then again, you never bother to quote people  accurately since it's so much easier to paraphrase what they said to suit your purposes.  
    So what kind of an OF should the Sox have tried to field in 2017 if not Tilson, Liriano, and Co. ?  Should they have scoured free agency for bargain vets instead so the team would be more "watchable" ?   Sox already have enough vets going through the motions this year - Cabrera, Abreu, Frazier, Robertson, Shields.  

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    HOW MUCH USELESS QUAD A CRAP DO YOU WANT TO WITNESS UNDER THE GUISE OF REBUILDING?!?!?!?

As much as possible as long as a) they are under 27 years old and b) have some talent or skillset that may prove useful to the Sox in 2019-2020 if they are given a chance to get some big league experience to refine it. 
    Doesn't matter than only 1 in 4 make it. The 1 that does makes the experimentation worthwhile and the 3 that don't haven't really cost the Sox anything.  By 2019-2020 absolutely no one will give two shits whether the Sox won 70 games or 65 games in 2017.

HEY ROGER

THIS IS WHAT YOU WROTE AND THE CONTEXT YOU WROTE IT

NO WORD "MIGHT"

NO DEFINING OFF WHAT MAKES IT MEAN

NO BASIS OR EVIDENCE OF WEAR 1 IN 4 COME FROMS

AND YOU CLAIM I PARAPHRASE TO SUIT MY ARGUMENT

YOU COMPLETELY DISTORTED EVERYTHING I POSTED REGARDING WIETERS.  THAN YOU PRESENTED COUNTER ARGUMENTS USING PLAYERS THAT DON'T ACTUALLY EXIST ON THE CURRENT WHITE SOX ROSTER.  PLUS YOU COMPLETELY IGNORED THE FACT THAT THE CURRENT PROJECTED CATCHING STAFF INCLUDES 34 YEAR OLD GEO SOTO.

AGAIN THE WHITE SOX NEED TO FIELD A TEAM AND AGAIN, WIETERS IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING CURRENTLY ON THE WHITE SOX ROSTER.  SO SPARE ME YOUR CUBS BULLSHIT.  THERE AIN'T NO TONY RIZZO IN A CATCHERS MASK GETTING BLOCKED.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:20 pm

Sox already have enough vets going through the motions this year - Cabrera, Abreu, Frazier, Robertson, Shields.  

AND JUST WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO CLAIM THESE PLAYERS ARE JUST GOING THRU THE MOTIONS?!?!?

NOW GO AHEAD AND DISTORT THAT COMMENT
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:15 am

Deplorable Mark wrote: PLUS YOU COMPLETELY IGNORED THE FACT THAT THE CURRENT PROJECTED CATCHING STAFF INCLUDES 34 YEAR OLD GEO SOTO.
    AGAIN THE WHITE SOX NEED TO FIELD A TEAM AND AGAIN, WIETERS IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING CURRENTLY ON THE WHITE SOX ROSTER.  SO SPARE ME YOUR CUBS BULLSHIT.  THERE AIN'T NO TONY RIZZO IN A CATCHERS MASK GETTING BLOCKED.

Soto was signed so the Sox have someone to catch balls, throw out runners occasionally, and hit .220 (like a lot of Catchers do).  That is all they need for 2017.  He's inexpensive and can easily be sat down if by some chance Narvaez shows promise.
    I read where Sox fans are excited about a fresh start, instead of phony win-now, and they know the team will lose a lot of games.  They also know that certain spots will be a revolving door of auditions.  In fact, seeing the different players move in and out is part of the action.  Sorta like the crowds who watched the gladiators in Rome.  Thumbs up or thumbs down on this guy.  If thumbs down, next guy.  
    This will be going on for both 2017 and 2018.  Guys cycling through until the team is ready to compete. 
    Last but not least, Wieters' agent Scott Boras is a collosal pain in the ass for GM's because he grinds and grinds until teams finally submit. Sox need to spend their time on finding prospects for Quintana and Frazier who will help fill out the 2019-2021 rosters , not trying to negotiate with Boras over a guy wants $ 10 Mil plus a second year guaranteed.  Wieters won't get that which is why he's still unemployed, but it's also a good bet that Boras has already swatted away the lowball offers...

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:48 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote: PLUS YOU COMPLETELY IGNORED THE FACT THAT THE CURRENT PROJECTED CATCHING STAFF INCLUDES 34 YEAR OLD GEO SOTO.

Soto was signed so the Sox have someone to catch balls, throw out runners occasionally, and hit .220 (like a lot of Catchers do).  That is all they need for 2017.

GOD FORBID THE WHITE SOX ACTUALLY EXCEED EXPECTATIONS

He's inexpensive and can easily be sat down if by some chance Narvaez shows promise.

NO CATCHER PLAYS EVERYDAY.  NARVAEZ CAN GET HIS AT BATS IF HE DESERVES THEM.  WIETERS CAN ALWAYS DH.  ITS NOT LIKE THE 2017 WHITE SOX ARE OVER FLOWING WITH OFFENSE

I read where Sox fans are excited about a fresh start, instead of phony win-now,

AGAIN WITH THE MISREPRESENTATION THAT WIETERS IS A WIN NOW MOVE

and they know the team will lose a lot of games.  They also know that certain spots will be a revolving door of auditions.  In fact, seeing the different players move in and out is part of the action.  Sorta like the crowds who watched the gladiators in Rome.  Thumbs up or thumbs down on this guy.  If thumbs down, next guy. 

MORE LIKE CHRISTIANS VERSUS THE LIONS.  AND I WOULD THINK A STAT GUY LIKE YOURSELF WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THAT THE CURRENT CATCHING STAFF IS CAT FOOD

This will be going on for both 2017 and 2018.  Guys cycling through until the team is ready to compete. 

AGAIN WITH THE GROSSLY OVER SIMPLIFIED THEORY.  INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON THE REAL ISSUE WHICH IS THAT WIETERS IS NOT ONLY BETTER, BUY YOUNGER THAN GEO SOTO, YOU ARE GIVING COOKIE CUTTER ANALYSIS WITHOUT REALIZING THERE ARE NO CHOCOLATE CHIPS FOR THE 2017 COOKIE

Last but not least, Wieters' agent Scott Boras is a collosal pain in the ass for GM's because he grinds and grinds until teams finally submit. Sox need to spend their time on finding prospects for Quintana and Frazier who will help fill out the 2019-2021 rosters , not trying to negotiate with Boras over a guy wants $ 10 Mil plus a second year guaranteed.

SO NOW YOU ARE AN EXPERT ON TIME MANAGEMENT.  TELL ME, HOW DID YOU GAIN SUCH SPECIAL INSIGHT INTO THE CALENDAR OF RICK HAHN.  DID YOU HACK INTO HIS OUTLOOK, OR ARE YOU MAKING SHIT UP AGAIN.  WHY CAN'T THE WHITE SOX DO BOTH?  PLUS I NEVER SAID TO GET INTO A BIDDING WAR FOR HIS SERVICES.  SO NOW YOU ARE THE ONE PUTTING WORDS IN OTHER PEOPLE'S MOUTH IN ORDER TO COMPLETELY DISTORT WHAT THEY SAID

Wieters won't get that which is why he's still unemployed, but it's also a good bet that Boras has already swatted away the lowball offers...

TWO WEEKS TO SPRING TRAINING.  NOT SURE WHAT OFFERS ARE ON THE TABLE FOR WIETERS, BUT I WOULD THINK A REASONABLE PERSON WOULD BE LOWERING HIS EXPECTATIONS RIGHT ABOUT NOW.

PLUS I JUST LOVE YOUR DOUBLE TALK

FIRST YOU CLAIM THE WHITE SOX SHOULD NOT GET INTO A BIDDING WAR.  THEN YOU CLAIM NOBODY IS GOING TO MAKE A HIGH ENOUGH BID.  THEN YOU CLAIM BORAS SWATTED AWAY THE LOWBALL OFFERS WHILE COMPLETELY IGNORING THAT NOW IS ABOUT THE TIME TO SEE IF THOSE OFFERS ARE STILL OPEN

IT DOESN'T TAKE A CPA WITH A 135IQ TO FIGURE OUT $5MIL IS GREATER THAN ZERO.

EXCEPT OF COURSE ON THIS BOARD WHERE KARKO DERRANGEMENT SYNDROME TRUMPS COMMON SENSE
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:06 pm

AGAIN WITH THE GROSSLY OVER SIMPLIFIED THEORY.  INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON THE REAL ISSUE WHICH IS THAT WIETERS IS NOT ONLY BETTER, BUY YOUNGER THAN GEO SOTO, YOU ARE GIVING COOKIE CUTTER ANALYSIS WITHOUT REALIZING THERE ARE NO CHOCOLATE CHIPS FOR THE 2017 COOKIE >>

Of course he's better but it's not like Soto is a Little Leaguer. He's a backup quality Catcher and maybe is Narvaez too. All Sox NEED for 2017-2018 are guys to keep the seat warm until Collins arrives in 2019. Wieter’s extra 10 HR's do nothing for a team that won't even crack .500 until 2019 or 2020.

Only value he has for Sox is being flipped for a prospect at midseason.  But Sox have been trying to flip Frazier, Cabrera, Robertson and maybe Abreu with no luck.  Wieters has some questions about his throwing and 2nd half hitting dropoff.  If he doesn't answer those concerns in 1st half his trade value is nil at midseason.

As to price, Boras is known for using sabermetric #'s to negotiate. Wieters had a 1.7 WAR last year and mid-level FA's are getting about $ 6-7 mil per 1 WAR making Wieters’ theoretical market value at $ 10-12 mil per.  Sure that's at least what Boras has been asking.

He isn’t getting that because of 1- concerns about Wieters and 2- all contenders have Catchers with better or close numbers to Wieters.  A few contenders (Red Sox, Nats, Angels, Indians, Mariners) might make $ 5-8 mil offers since they have so-so Catchers and Wieters is another option if the price is right.

My gut says someone will get him for $ 7-9 but it could go lower.  Hard to imagine it going to $ 3 – 4 mil but that’s about the only number that makes sense for the Sox to say “what the hell, even if he doesn’t recover and have trade value in July, we haven’t lost that much.”   But you originally said $ 8 mil and that would be silly for the Sox to even think about.

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:48 am

rmapasad wrote:AGAIN WITH THE GROSSLY OVER SIMPLIFIED THEORY.  INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON THE REAL ISSUE WHICH IS THAT WIETERS IS NOT ONLY BETTER, BUY YOUNGER THAN GEO SOTO, YOU ARE GIVING COOKIE CUTTER ANALYSIS WITHOUT REALIZING THERE ARE NO CHOCOLATE CHIPS FOR THE 2017 COOKIE >>

Of course he's better but it's not like Soto is a Little Leaguer. He's a backup quality Catcher and maybe is Narvaez too. All Sox NEED for 2017-2018 are guys to keep the seat warm until Collins arrives in 2019. Wieter’s extra 10 HR's do nothing for a team that won't even crack .500 until 2019 or 2020.

SOT0 HAD 78 AT BATS LAST YEAR.  SO WHATEVER QUALITY YOU ARE IMAGINING IS OFFSET BY LACK OF QUANITITY

Only value he has for Sox is being flipped for a prospect at midseason.

NOT NECESSARILY TRUE.  THE SAME COULD HAVE BEEN SAID ABOUT AJ PIERZYNSKI IN THE WINTER OF 2004.  LOOK HOW LONG HE LASTED WITH THE WHITE SOX.  SO WHY THIS AUTOMATIC ASSUMPTION HE'S ONE AND DONE?  WHY NOT TAKE THE 1 IN 4 CHANCE HE REVIVES HIS CAREER

But Sox have been trying to flip Frazier, Cabrera, Robertson and maybe Abreu with no luck.

NOT AN ELEPHANT

Wieters has some questions about his throwing and 2nd half hitting dropoff. 

MILLIONS OF PLAYERS HAVE HAD BAD 2ND HALVES AND STILL MANAGED TO HAVE A CAREER AFTERWARDS.  AGAIN WITH YOUR AUTOMATIC, UNTRUE ASSUMPTIONS

If he doesn't answer those concerns in 1st half his trade value is nil at midseason.

AND IF HE SUCKS, THEN YOU GET THE LOSSES YOU PLANNED TO WILDLY CHEER FOR.  SOUNDS LIKE A WIN WIN TO ME

As to price, Boras is known for using sabermetric #'s to negotiate. Wieters had a 1.7 WAR last year and mid-level FA's are getting about $ 6-7 mil per 1 WAR making Wieters’ theoretical market value at $ 10-12 mil per.  Sure that's at least what Boras has been asking.  He isn’t getting that because of 1- concerns about Wieters and 2- all contenders have Catchers with better or close numbers to Wieters.  A few contenders (Red Sox, Nats, Angels, Indians, Mariners) might make $ 5-8 mil offers since they have so-so Catchers and Wieters is another option if the price is right.

AMAZING HOW YOU CONTRADICT YOURSELF IN THE SAME PARAGRAPH.  FIRST HIS WORTH $10MIL, THEN HE'S WORTH $5MIL.  YOU SOUND LIKE A KID TRYING TO BLUFF HIS WHY THRU AN ESSAY EXAM.

My gut says someone will get him for $ 7-9 but it could go lower.  Hard to imagine it going to $ 3 – 4 mil but that’s about the only number that makes sense for the Sox to say “what the hell, even if he doesn’t recover and have trade value in July, we haven’t lost that much.”   But you originally said $ 8 mil and that would be silly for the Sox to even think about.

OK, $8MIL MIGHT BE A BIT MUCH TOO MUCH.  BUT THAN, I'M JUST A FAN POSTING ON A MESSAGE BOARD.  IT'S NOT LIKE I'M SITTING AT A DESK IN FRONT OF RICK HAHN'S OFFICE DOING A DETAILED COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS ON VARIOUS MATT WIETER OFFERS.  I JUST PLUCKED A NUMBER OUT OF THIN AIR.  CERTAINLY YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT

BUT THANK YOU FOR ADMITTING THAT AT SOME LEVEL SIGNING WIETERS MAKES SENSE.  CRYING SHAME YOUR LACK OF READING COMPREHENSION HAD YOU THINKING THE KARK WANTED HIM AT ALL COSTS.  HAD THAT BEEN THE CASE, I WOULD HAVE BROUGHT IT UP DEC 1ST.  NOT A FEW WEEKS B4 SPRING TRAINING.  NOW IS THE TIME TO AUDITION LOWBALL OFFERS AND SEE WHAT WHAT PLAYERS YOU CAN GET AT A BARGAIN

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:10 pm