Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

MORE Q RUMORS

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

MORE Q RUMORS

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:51 am

Supposedly, teams are starting to sweeten the pot for Quintana.

Again, if the Sox can get a Meadows or a Tucker or another legit blue chip OF, they need to jump on it.

and here is something to ponder.

How can Quintana improve upon his 2016 with a rebuilding club?  Supposedly, the 2017 White Sox will be less capable of scoring runs and will have a bullpen less likely of preventing runs.

Spare me the SABR mumbo jumbo.  A starting pitcher's performance is roughly 1/2 his and 1/2 his team.  so if the team sucks, its going to hurt the pitcher's value.

You need and IQ of 135 and all the original Bill James Baseball Abstracts in your personal library to figure out that in 2017, Quintana on the Dodgers will he a hell of a lot better pitcher than Quintana on the White Sox.

Unless the KARK is missing something, I would have to say that the odds of Quintana losing trade value between now and 7/31 far outweighs the odds of him increasing value.

Now if the deal ain't there, that's one thing.  But if that blue chip OF is being offered, don't dick around waiting for that extras pitching prospect.  I believe that is what killed the Houston deal that included Tucker.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: MORE Q RUMORS

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Supposedly, teams are starting to sweeten the pot for Quintana.
    Again, if the Sox can get a Meadows or a Tucker or another legit blue chip OF, they need to jump on it.
    and here is something to ponder.
    How can Quintana improve upon his 2016 with a rebuilding club? Supposedly, the 2017 White Sox will be less capable of scoring runs and will have a bullpen less likely of preventing runs.
    Spare me the SABR mumbo jumbo.  A starting pitcher's performance is roughly 1/2 his and 1/2 his team.  so if the team sucks, its going to hurt the pitcher's value.
    You need and IQ of 135 and all the original Bill James Baseball Abstracts in your personal library to figure out that in 2017, Quintana on the Dodgers will he a hell of a lot better pitcher than Quintana on the White Sox.
    Unless the KARK is missing something, I would have to say that the odds of Quintana losing trade value between now and 7/31 far outweighs the odds of him increasing value.
    Now if the deal ain't there, that's one thing.  But if that blue chip OF is being offered, don't dick around waiting for that extras pitching prospect.  I believe that is what killed the Houston deal that included Tucker.
    I agree the longer Quintana stays on the Sox the lower his trade value. Not because the Sox will lose games he pitches but because a) he could get hurt  b) chances of his losing a tick of velocity increases every year c) chances of AL teams finally figuring out his weaknesses gets higher every year..
    Supposedly the rumor that other clubs were increasing their offers was started by the Sox themselves.  But yeah, it's high time Sox get something good hitting-wise for him while the getting is still good.  Holding out for too much for too long runs the risk that the Sox will be left holding the bag in the end.

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:34 pm

Not because the Sox will lose games he pitches

A bad team behind a pitcher effects more than his won loss record.

And regardless of your SABR mumbo jumbo, wins and losses do have an influence over trade value.  It's in the subconscience.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:02 pm

<<A bad team behind a pitcher effects more than his won loss record.
    And regardless of your SABR mumbo jumbo, wins and losses do have an influence over trade value.  It's in the subconscience.>>

Not talking any "SABR mumbo jumbo", just common sense. I'm not following your logic at all.   For the last 4 years both Sale and Quintana have pitched on losing teams  and yet when the Sox finally decided to put them on the block, Hahn's phone hasn't stopped ringing.  So how the hell do win and losses "influence trade value" ?   Pitchers on losing teams are the ONLY pitchers who do get traded. There are very few teams who start the season waving a white flag like the 2017 Sox, so there is an extremely limited supply of Quintanas out there.  If the Sox wait until midseason that supply increases because more teams will decide to wave the white flag by July .  Which is why the Sox need to deal him NOW before he gets injured, or his performance suffers due to possible decline in velocity loss or he doesn't have the same command.

Pitching on a losing team increases a guy's chaces trade value because contenders know that his talents are being wasted on his current club.  
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:33 am

You can't follow my logic, but then you basically repeat what I say

GEEZ
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:25 pm

What about WIN NOW-RELOAD??
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:12 am

HEARD ON THE RADIO TODAY THAT MAY 13TH IS HAWK HARRELSON TALKING ALARM CLOCK DAY.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:32 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:HEARD ON THE RADIO TODAY THAT MAY 13TH IS HAWK HARRELSON TALKING ALARM CLOCK DAY.

A May NOMADSFEST?
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:55 am

NO WAY

WE'LL BE TOO BUSY PASSING AROUND THE MALORT BOTTLE AND FORGET ABOUT OUR CLOCKS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 pm