Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Anthony Bourdain gets it

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Anthony Bourdain gets it

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:39 am

CRYING SHAME ALL LIBERALS CAN'T ADMIT THIS

From Anthony Bourdain

The utter contempt with which privileged Eastern liberals such as myself discuss red-state, gun-country, working-class America as ridiculous and morons and rubes is largely responsible for the upswell of rage and contempt and desire to pull down the temple that we're seeing now.
    I've spent a lot of time in gun-country, God-fearing America. There are a hell of a lot of nice people out there, who are doing what everyone else in this world is trying to do: the best they can to get by, and take care of themselves and the people they love. When we deny them their basic humanity and legitimacy of their views, however different they may be than ours, when we mock them at every turn, and treat them with contempt, we do no one any good. Nothing nauseates me more than preaching to the converted. The self-congratulatory tone of the privileged left—just repeating and repeating and repeating the outrages of the opposition—this does not win hearts and minds. It doesn't change anyone's opinions. It only solidifies them, and makes things worse for all of us. We should be breaking bread with each other, and finding common ground whenever possible. I fear that is not at all what we've done.

Now I'm sure some here will accuse the KARK of doing the same thing.  However, I call it fighting fire with fire.

At least two of my board brothers had the wisdom to recognize what Bourdain is saying and then had the class to admit.  Wouldn't it be "LOVELY" if some others would also get down off their high horses.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND MY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES IN 2017

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 pm