Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

George Michael

Blondy28
    Roof Shot

George Michael

Post by Blondy28 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:46 pm

Seems like you guys must be afraid that you would have to give up your Man Cards if you started a RIP post about George Michael, so I'll take charge.  The guy was an incredible talent.  I like a lot of bands/artists far more, but honestly the two singers that put me in a happy place no matter where I am are George Michael and Boy George.  The Church of the Poison Mind comes on in my grocery store, and I'm dancing in the aisles.  Same with George Michael's Faith.  GM's rendition of Someone to Love at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert was amazing.  He was a very soulful artist.  Rumors are that he was a heroin addict.  That's too bad...he had a lot of struggles in his life.  2016 pretty much sucked.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: George Michael

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:57 am

Figures you'd be into George Michaels and Boy George.

Maybe nobody started a thread because nobody gave a rat's ass about these two gender bending freaks

Somebody should have given these two man cards.

I hope Jeff Hanneman kicks George Michaels ass in hell
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:10 am

Actually Michael gave incredible amounts of money and his time towards children's charities and such. And then you wonder why most on here can't stand you Mark. To paraphrase Dickens at this festive time of year, it could well be that in the eyes of God that you are more worthless than millions of people like George Michael.

Oh and btw Blondy...Just because nobody jumped on board right away to note this man's passing likely has NOTHING to do with his sexual preference. Except for the right wing idiot...who gives a shit? He's the one absolutely obsessed with what people do with their genitals.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:26 am

Cream1953 wrote:Actually Michael gave incredible amounts of money and his time towards children's charities and such. And then you wonder why most on here can't stand you Mark. To paraphrase Dickens at this festive time of year, it could well be that in the eyes of God that you are more worthless than millions of people like George Michael.

Oh and btw Blondy...Just because nobody jumped on board right away to note this man's passing likely has NOTHING to do with his sexual preference. Except for the right wing idiot...who gives a shit? He's the one absolutely obsessed with what people do with their genitals.

I just thought he sucked. (figuratively speaking). I never liked his music or Wham's music. 
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:51 am

THANK YOU CREAM FOR RESPONDING TO ME LIKE AN ADULT

WHAT CAN I SAY, TRYING TO STOP BEING THE BOARD ASSHOLE IS LIKE TRYING TO QUIT CIGARETTES

I READ BLONDY'S POST AND I JUST NEEDED TO PUFF

PS, I AM NOT OBSESSED WITH OTHER'S SEXUAL PREFERENCES.  I AM DEEPLY CONCERNED THAT FRINGE BEHAVIOR IS BEING NORMALIZED AND FORCED UPON THE REST OF US TO THE DETRIMENT OF SOCIETY.  DUDE WANTS TO MARRY A NOTHER DUDE, WHATEVER.  JUST DON'T FORCE ME TO BAKE THE CAKE OR PHOTOGRAPH THE EVENT.  THAT IS THE REAL ISSUE THAT INTELLIGENT, THOUGHTFUL PEOPLE LIKE YOU SEEM TO CONSTANTLY OVERLOOK IN YOUR DESIRE TO BE COMPASSIONATE
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:52 am

alohafri wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:Actually Michael gave incredible amounts of money and his time towards children's charities and such. And then you wonder why most on here can't stand you Mark. To paraphrase Dickens at this festive time of year, it could well be that in the eyes of God that you are more worthless than millions of people like George Michael.

I just thought he sucked. (figuratively speaking). I never liked his music or Wham's music. 

FOR SOME REASON, I CAN PICTURE MICHAELS SINGING A STUNNING RENDITIONS OF THE LYRICS

SEE ME

FEEL ME

TOUCH ME
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

FOR SOME REASON, I CAN PICTURE MICHAELS SINGING A STUNNING RENDITIONS OF THE LYRICS

SEE ME

FEEL ME

TOUCH ME

I heard a metal version of "Careless Whisper" today that was actually pretty good. Much better than the original.
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:19 pm

My "man card" reference had nothing to do with his sexual preference.  It referred to the fact that women were more likely to be fans of his music than men.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:06 am

AND I BET YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHO JEFF HANNEMAN IS
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:14 am

Dear Blondy,

Here is a video of one of my favorite musicians covering one of yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0lhuL6w93Q&feature=em-subs_digest

Hope you like it

Hope your kids are kicking ass at college.

FYI, deep down I really do want to believe you are a good person

Happy New Year

OXOXOXOXO
    THE KARK
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Dear Blondy,

Hope you like it

Happy New Year

OXOXOXOXO
    THE KARK
    Odd.  Never heard George Michael's version of this song.  Always thought Bonnie Raitt had written it and that was the only version I've previously heard.  I've been practicing this one on the piano over the past year.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:01 pm

Jay

Its a cover of a cover

tongue

Anyway, if you are into piano, check out the chicks web site

She is absolutely pheomonal

vkgoeswild on you tube

Real name Vika Yermolyeva
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Jay

Its a cover of a cover

tongue

Anyway, if you are into piano, check out the chicks web site

She is absolutely pheomonal

vkgoeswild on you tube

Real name Vika Yermolyeva
    Agreed.  I watched 3 of her videos that followed your link.  Beautiful play.  Wish I had talent like that.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:33 am

Jay,

I would like to think Stanley ould approach this level if he cared for piano half as much as he did his Xbox.

If not for Stan, I never would have discovered Vika.

Once Stan started piano lessons, I googled "Master of Puppets" on piano and got tthis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIJPxxoF7dw

Been in love with her ever since.  Even bought some of her sheet music.  Pray she someday makes it tot he USA
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:52 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Dear Blondy,

Hope you like it

Happy New Year

OXOXOXOXO
    THE KARK

Like Jay, I was not familiar with George Michael's rendition of this...Bonnie Raitt's version is the one I know.  The lady in your link is quite talented and does a nice job with this.  

My boys have really enjoyed their first semesters at college.  Alex is in the top 3 of his XC team, and missed being all conference (top 20) by just a few spots.  He joined a fraternity, which shocked the shit out of me.  Jake traveled the entire first semester and loved it.  They attend classes during the travel as well, and he did great...GPA of 3.6.  He's taking a January term, so we will be dropping him back on campus on Monday.  Will be interesting to see what he thinks of college once he's actually ON campus and taking classes, which he has yet to do.  Gabrielle hated the University of Kentucky.  Hated everything about it.  We had to go visit her on multiple occasions while she was there.  As is her way, she still excelled in class, even with 15 credit hours.  3 A's and 2 B+'s.  She will not be returning to UK for second semester.  She's going to Harper, and she will be transferring to a smaller school closer to home.  She's re-applying at Lake Forest and DePaul (she was accepted at both last year), she's already applied and been accepted at Carthage, and she's applied at Loyola.  I think Carthage is the heavy favorite.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:00 am

Why am I not surprised your offspring would hate the University of Kentucky.

Probably the first place she ever heard anything nice about Donald Trump
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:39 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Why am I not surprised your offspring would hate the University of Kentucky.

Probably the first place she ever heard anything nice about Donald Trump

What about "smaller school, closer to home" don't you understand?  For the record, Lexington...where UK is located...went for Hillary over Trump at 51% to 42%...not unlike the demographic in the NW burbs in which she was raised.  My son's school actually hosted a Trump rally during the campaign season.  One of the kids on the College Republicans National Committee leadership is in a dorm across the hall from Jake's.  He loves his school, as do we. 

It's like you can't help yourself.  You say something nice and express good wishes for my kids, then take my very noncontroversial response about my daughter's less-than-positive experience at college to make some crack.  My "kids" suddenly, derogatorily, become my "offspring".  Geez, Kark...give it a rest.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:50 pm

My my aren't we sensitive.

1)  You did not say anything about preferring a smaller school or being closer to home.  You simply said she hated everything about it.  I drew my own conclusions.  After all, what's good for the gander is good for the goose.
    2)  Offspring and kids are synonymous.  If I wanted to say something derogatory about the "Fruit of your Womb" I would have copied what our "Lovely" doctor said about mine.
    3)  More like you can't help yourself.  You could have just laughed off my rather tame comment.  Instead, you choose to be offended.  I would elaborate, but I think you secretly enjoy the negative attention I give you

I love you
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:My my aren't we sensitive.

1)  You did not say anything about preferring a smaller school or being closer to home.  You simply said she hated everything about it.  I drew my own conclusions.  After all, what's good for the gander is good for the goose.
    2)  Offspring and kids are synonymous.  If I wanted to say something derogatory about the "Fruit of your Womb" I would have copied what our "Lovely" doctor said about mine.
    3)  More like you can't help yourself.  You could have just laughed off my rather tame comment.  Instead, you choose to be offended.  I would elaborate, but I think you secretly enjoy the negative attention I give you

I love you

"she will be transferring to a smaller school closer to home."  I know you're a numbers guy, but some might see that sentence, coupled with the fact that I said she's looking to transfer to Carthage, Loyola, DePaul, or Lake Forest, and have made the clear connection that she didn't like being at a big school that's so far away.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:26 am

But that is not what you originally wrote

Your original comment was that she hated everything about U of K

That can mean just about anything

But typical Blondy, making mountains out of molenhils.  Give it a rest.  It's not all about you.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:05 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:But that is not what you originally wrote

But typical Blondy, making mountains out of molenhils.  Give it a rest.  It's not all about you.

Actually she did.

Gabrielle hated the University of Kentucky.  Hated everything about it.  We had to go visit her on multiple occasions while she was there.  As is her way, she still excelled in class, even with 15 credit hours.  3 A's and 2 B+'s.  She will not be returning to UK for second semester.  She's going to Harper, and she will be transferring to a smaller school closer to home.  She's re-applying at Lake Forest and DePaul (she was accepted at both last year), she's already applied and been accepted at Carthage, and she's applied at Loyola.  I think Carthage is the heavy favorite.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:08 pm

alohafri wrote:

Actually she did.

Gabrielle hated the University of Kentucky.  Hated everything about it.  We had to go visit her on multiple occasions while she was there.  As is her way, she still excelled in class, even with 15 credit hours.  3 A's and 2 B+'s.  She will not be returning to UK for second semester.  She's going to Harper, and she will be transferring to a smaller school closer to home.  She's re-applying at Lake Forest and DePaul (she was accepted at both last year), she's already applied and been accepted at Carthage, and she's applied at Loyola.  I think Carthage is the heavy favorite.

WHERE ROB?!?!?!?!?

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Actually she did.

WHERE ROB?!?!?!?!?
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 pm

AND?!?!?!?

just because she has decided to go to Harper while attempting to get admitted into a smaller school closer to home does not necessarily translate to she hated U of K because it was too big and too far.

Again, the young lady HATED EVERYTHING about U of K.  While that most likely includes too big too, too far, it also implies many other things.  For example, the dorms and/or the type of food.  The culture, the night life...  If she hated everything, wouldn't it include these things as well?  And isn't Kentucky considered one of those southern states where God and guns are considered two of man's greatest inventions?  I can just imagine the attitude the offspring of Blondy would have regarding those 2 topics.

As far as moving closer to home to attend a smaller school, that could just as easily be the reality of her finances as oppose to her personal desires.  and didn't she receive a scholarship to go to Kentucky?  How hard are those to replace?

Now maybe I read too much into it, but any sane and reasonable person can plainly see my interpetation as plausible and logical.  

Finally, it should have been obvious my intial remark was meant to be humorous.  You people really need to lighten up
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:AND?!?!?!?

just because she has decided to go to Harper while attempting to get admitted into a smaller school closer to home does not necessarily translate to she hated U of K because it was too big and too far.

Again, the young lady HATED EVERYTHING about U of K.  While that most likely includes too big too, too far, it also implies many other things.  For example, the dorms and/or the type of food.  The culture, the night life...  If she hated everything, wouldn't it include these things as well?  And isn't Kentucky considered one of those southern states where God and guns are considered two of man's greatest inventions?  I can just imagine the attitude the offspring of Blondy would have regarding those 2 topics.

As far as moving closer to home to attend a smaller school, that could just as easily be the reality of her finances as oppose to her personal desires.  and didn't she receive a scholarship to go to Kentucky?  How hard are those to replace?

Now maybe I read too much into it, but any sane and reasonable person can plainly see my interpetation as plausible and logical.  

Finally, it should have been obvious my intial remark was meant to be humorous.  You people really need to lighten up

I didn't realize you needed an all-inclusive list. Blondy, get on that will you so we can put this to rest?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:50 pm