Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Greg Lake

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Greg Lake

Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:49 am

Not a good year for rock music, that's for sure.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Greg Lake

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:16 am

Ahhh shit man. First I heard of this. I loved Greg. Great voice. First got into him during his stint with King Crimson before he split and went on to ELP. Only one left alive is the great Carl Palmer.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:34 am

Cream1953 wrote:Ahhh shit man. First I heard of this. I loved Greg. Great voice. First got into him during his stint with King Crimson before he split and went on to ELP. Only one left alive is the great Carl Palmer.

Carl Palmer is a much underappreciated drummer.

Fairly recently, Greg Lake had done some recording with the Who. He even did a stint in Asia in the 90s, if I remember correctly.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:14 pm

Greg also toured with Ringo Starr's All-Starrs and, more recently, did highly acclaimed solo tours billed as "An Evening With Greg Lake". Really cool concept behind those. He would appear by himself in a very small venue or club playing over pre-recorded background music while playing acoustic guitar or bass to go along with his excellent voice. He would play material spanning his entire career and offer stories and interesting tidbits before each song. He would also interact with the audience by answering questions and engaging in conversation. It was a very intimate show and amounted to what was quite literally an evening with him. I've heard a CD of one of his recorded shows and it's excellent.

Class act! RIP Greg.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:40 pm