Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Sign Gordon!!

Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Sign Gordon!!

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:26 am

Beckham a free agent.  Bring him back to the Shit Show.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Re: Sign Gordon!!

Post by rmapasad on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:33 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:Beckham a free agent.  Bring him back to the Shit Show.

Offhand, I can't recall anyone who showed so much promise in his rookie year (.270, 43 extra base hits, 808 OPS) who fell apart so completely after that.  Nor can I recall a team who so stubbornly chased after that promise despite overwhelming evidence it wasn't there anymore. Sox's "reward" for starting Gordo for 5 straight years (2010-2014) was a .241 BA, 660 OPS.  They've exhibited similar stubbornness with guys like Viciedo and Avisail Garcia.
    Meanwhile they traded a young middle infielder named Marcus Semien who's hit 42 HR's the last two years for the A's for one lousy season of Jeff Samardzija.  
    What all this says to me is simple.   No matter what strategy the Sox use ("win now" or "rebuild"), it will not work unless they get some people in this organization who know how to evaluate talent properly.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:46 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:Beckham a free agent.  Bring him back to the Shit Show.

Offhand, I can't recall anyone who showed so much promise in his rookie year (.270, 43 extra base hits, 808 OPS) who fell apart so completely after that.  Nor can I recall a team who so stubbornly chased after that promise despite overwhelming evidence it wasn't there anymore. Sox's "reward" for starting Gordo for 5 straight years (2010-2014) was a .241 BA, 660 OPS.  They've exhibited similar stubbornness with guys like Viciedo and Avisail Garcia.
    Meanwhile they traded a young middle infielder named Marcus Semien who's hit 42 HR's the last two years for the A's for one lousy season of Jeff Samardzija.  
    What all this says to me is simple.   No matter what strategy the Sox use ("win now" or "rebuild"), it will not work unless they get some people in this organization who know how to evaluate talent properly.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:02 am

According to a Dimwit like Murph, the Manager can make bad players good players.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:38 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:According to a Dimwit like Murph, the Manager can make bad players good players.

Yeah well, Beckham, Tank, Morel, Dunn, Rios and Flowers hit as piss poorly under Ozzie as they did Ventura. 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:06 pm