Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Republican presidents and the economy

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Republican presidents and the economy

Post by frank bonifacic on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:28 pm

interesting facts from research paper by Alan blinder and mark Watson - Princeton Econ professors:
    EVERY Republican president since teddy Roosevelt has endured a recession in his first term, m
    4 had two recessions while Ike had 3.
    Since 1945, 4 if 5 dems had NONE.
    In last 64 yrs. real GDP growth in U.S. Averaged 3.33 % going back to Truman.with a republican in office, slowed to 2.54% jumped to 4.35 % with dem in office.
    Other indicatiors - per capital GDP, stock market returns, real wages and change in unemployment rate, also are more robust with s dem president . Unemployment fell by 0.8 with dem (on aversge) and rose 1.1 with a republican.
    Economy has performed better when president is dem ,almost regardless of how one measures performance.
    Report is titled "Presidents and the Economy: A forensic Investigation"?

Whodda thunk it???
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: Republican presidents and the economy

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:18 am

frank bonifacic wrote:interesting facts from research paper by Alan blinder and mark Watson - Princeton Econ professors:
    EVERY Republican president since teddy Roosevelt has endured a recession in his first term, m
    In last 64 yrs. real GDP growth in U.S. Averaged 3.33 % going back to Truman.with a republican in office, slowed to 2.54% jumped to 4.35 % with dem in office.
    Other indicatiors - per capital GDP, stock market returns, real wages and change in unemployment rate, also are more robust with s dem president . Unemployment fell by 0.8 with dem (on aversge) and rose 1.1 with a republican.
    Economy has performed better when president is dem ,almost regardless of how one measures performance.

Whodda thunk it???

ECONOMICS IS A VERY INACCURATE SCIENCE.

ARE THESE PROF'S CLAIMING THAT JFK, LBJ, CARTER, CLINTON AND OBAMA ONLY HAD 1 RECESSION BETWEEN THEM?!?!?!?!?

IF THIS IS THE CASE, WELL THAT JUST DOESN'T PASS THE SNIFF TEST

BTW, ALL THE PHONY PRAISE REGARDING OBAMA AND THE ECONOMY IS ALL BASED ON THE FALSE PREMISE THAT EVERYTHING SHOULD BE COMPARED TO 2008

SOUNDS LIKE THESE PROF'S ARE USING THE SAME FAULTY TECHNICS THAT FOOL PEOPLE INTO THINKING GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:interesting facts from research paper by Alan blinder and mark Watson - Princeton Econ professors:

Whodda thunk it???

ARE THESE PROF'S CLAIMING THAT JFK, LBJ, CARTER, CLINTON AND OBAMA ONLY HAD 1 RECESSION BETWEEN THEM?!?!?!?!?

BTW, ALL THE PHONY PRAISE REGARDING OBAMA AND THE ECONOMY IS ALL BASED ON THE FALSE PREMISE THAT EVERYTHING SHOULD BE COMPARED TO 2008

SOUNDS LIKE THESE PROF'S ARE USING THE SAME FAULTY TECHNICS THAT FOOL PEOPLE INTO THINKING GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL
     I'm sure a CPA with a 135 IQ would have no problem verifying these numbers without the use of his nose.
    I would think it would be simple to check regarding the recession years.

As to global warming, it is interesting that this country seems to be the only one with a large group disputing it.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:

Whodda thunk it???

I'm sure a CPA with a 135 IQ would have no problem verifying these numbers without the use of his nose.

As to global warming, it is interesting that this country seems to be the only one with a large group disputing it.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:06 pm

CHINA

INDIA

ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS

BTW, SCIENCE ISN'T AN OPINION POLL.  NOR IS IT FAULTY COMPUTER MODELS WHICH IS THE BASIS OF THE WARMING HYSTERY

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:19 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:As to global warming, it is interesting that this country seems to be the only one with a large group disputing it.

CHINA

INDIA

BTW, SCIENCE ISN'T AN OPINION POLL.  NOR IS IT FAULTY COMPUTER MODELS WHICH IS THE BASIS OF THE WARMING HYSTERY
    You really need to read entire articles instead of just skimming. NEITHER China nor India dispute global warming. 
    China has said it is an emerging nation and for that reason opposes "mandatory" emission standards.
    India says it is up to the major industrial nations to institute standards on themselves first.

Opposing mandatory standards and demanding that other nations start the process does NOT equal denial.
    As I said, this is the only country that has people trying to dismiss the theory. (P.S., most that do have close connections to major manufacturers who will have to spend money to comply so it is in their interest to attempt to refute-even when they know they are full of it.)
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:31 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:As to global warming, it is interesting that this country seems to be the only one with a large group disputing it.

CHINA

INDIA

You really need to read entire articles instead of just skimming. NEITHER China nor India dispute global warming. 
    China has said it is an emerging nation and for that reason opposes "mandatory" emission standards.
    India says it is up to the major industrial nations to institute standards on themselves first.

Opposing mandatory standards and demanding that other nations start the process does NOT equal denial.
    As I said, this is the only country that has people trying to dismiss the theory. (P.S., most that do have close connections to major manufacturers who will have to spend money to comply so it is in their interest to attempt to refute-even when they know they are full of it.)

Give me a break Frank!!!!!!

China and India claim believe, then give a bunch of excuses.

Like I said, action speak louder than words.

and yes, it does equal denial because according to your side, this is the most pressing issue of our time.  the fact that China and India are blowing it off tells me that these nations aren't exactly worried about it

So spin it anyway you like.  Its a hoax designed to grow government, raise taxes, and limit out liberty.  Countless books confirm this theory.

PS, what are you doing to limit your carbon footprint?!?!?!?  Or you just buy trees and claim carbon neutrality like Al Gore.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:45 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

Whodda thunk it???

According to a quick internet search, last recession ended June 2009.

so just like I thought, you little article is completely distorting context.

spare me your little cherry picking stats and your vague terms that can mean anything.

Obama and Obamacare are a disaster economically.

If you want an analogy, Democrat fiscal policy is like cigarettes, and Republicans are the chemo after years of smoking.  That pretty much somes up Clinton and Bush 2

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:36 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

CHINA

INDIA

Give me a break Frank!!!!!!

China and India claim believe, then give a bunch of excuses.

Like I said, action speak louder than words.

and yes, it does equal denial because according to your side, this is the most pressing issue of our time.  the fact that China and India are blowing it off tells me that these nations aren't exactly worried about it

So spin it anyway you like.  Its a hoax designed to grow government, raise taxes, and limit out liberty.  Countless books confirm this theory.

PS, what are you doing to limit your carbon footprint?!?!?!?  Or you just buy trees and claim carbon neutrality like Al Gore.
    The fact that they want to delay standards is NOT denying. If they didn't believe, it is much easier to say  "It's a hoax and we're not interested" Instead they are asking for time -and want to see what industrial nations are doing.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

Whodda thunk it???

According to a quick internet search, last recession ended June 2009.

so just like I thought, you little article is completely distorting context.

spare me your little cherry picking stats and your vague terms that can mean anything.

Obama and Obamacare are a disaster economically.

If you want an analogy, Democrat fiscal policy is like cigarettes, and Republicans are the chemo after years of smoking.  That pretty much somes up Clinton and Bush 2
    Cherry picked nothing. Its in yesterday;s Trib business section, As I had indicated, I didn't research it. If last recession ended June 2009, sounds like it was George's not Obama as Obama didn't arrive to late January 2009 (or was it just a 4 -5 month recession?)
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:48 pm

LIKE I SAID

CHERRY PICKED
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:49 pm

The fact that they want to delay standards is NOT denying. If they didn't believe, it is much easier to say  "It's a hoax and we're not interested" Instead they are asking for time -and want to see what industrial nations are doing.

BUT IT DOES SAY WHERE THEIR PRIORITIES LIE

APPARENTLY, THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN INDIA AND CHINA THAN AL GORE'S HOAX

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:01 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:The fact that they want to delay standards is NOT denying. If they didn't believe, it is much easier to say  "It's a hoax and we're not interested" Instead they are asking for time -and want to see what industrial nations are doing.

BUT IT DOES SAY WHERE THEIR PRIORITIES LIE

APPARENTLY, THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN INDIA AND CHINA THAN AL GORE'S HOAX
    Interesting. Whenever someone talks about apples, you discuss oranges.
    It must be wonderful to know exactly what people mean- no matter what they say.
    And how do you figure was able to convince almost the entire western world as to his hoax? I guess the only really intelligent people in the world are a small number of conservative republicans
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:10 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:

maybe you should stop sounding bannana's
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:23 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

maybe you should stop sounding bannana's

This might have been funnier with correct spelling and grammar.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:22 am

DO YOU HAVE THE GRAPEFRUITS TO SAY THAT TO MY FACE!!!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:27 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:DO YOU HAVE THE GRAPEFRUITS TO SAY THAT TO MY FACE!!!!!

I make a living saying that to people's face. And you should have ended that sentence with a question mark as you are asking a question.  tongue
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:33 am

AND YOU SHOULD HAVE RECOGNIZED MY RESPONSE WAS AN EXCUSE TO ENTER GRAPEFRUITS INTO THE EQUATION

JEEZ,

YOU'D THINK A WWE FAN WOULD UNDERSTAND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF GRAPEFRUITS.

AND JUST WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SAY IT TO MY FACE.  BECAUSE I ASSUME YOU'LL SAY IT WITH A MOUTH FULL OF SUBWAY

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 pm