Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

The End

sox55
    Roof Shot

The End

Post by sox55 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:29 pm

America becomes Amerika in January 2017....soooooo......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9_lfjQopU
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: The End

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:07 pm

I've been forecasting the shit will hit the fan one way or another for years. What we're seeing now is just the beginning. The anger is all over the place...and not just on the side of Trump followers. We be living in interesting times.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:17 am

Maybe some people need to just accelerate the process. If we are doomed, then go out and buy themselves a ten foot length of rope and just end it all! Provided that Cub fans who are wailing and gnashing their teeth over Joe Madden not getting manager of the year and getting shut out of the Cy Young despite having two candidates have left any rope behind.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:41 am

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:28 am

sox55 wrote:America becomes Amerika in January 2017....soooooo......

John,

This hurts my feelings.

Guess I better stay clear of Patrerno's a couple of Friday's from now.

although I would hope with a police station a block away, any lynching would be prevented

XOXOXOXOX
    THE KARK
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:44 am

Cream1953 wrote:I've been forecasting the shit will hit the fan one way or another for years. What we're seeing now is just the beginning. The anger is all over the place...and not just on the side of Trump followers. We be living in interesting times.

DID YOU SEE THE VIDEO OF THE MOTHER WHO THREW HER 7 YEAR OLD SON OUT OF THE HOUsE BECAUSE HE VOTED TRUMP IN A CLASSROOM ELECTION?

PS, Love the backhanded way you alluded to the anger and violence coming from the left since Tuesday night.

If the shit hits the fan, its due to leftist who prefer mob rule over democracy.

8 years ago, many on this board opined the GOP would go the way of the Whigs.

Instead, those who believe like I do organized and got involved and peacefully advocated for our believes within the system.  The Tea Party is up there with Ghandi when is comes to peaceful resistance.

The left on the other hand, take to the streets and start burning and breaking things.  Busing in professional agitators to Trump buildings.  Organized mob violence with the intent to intimidate  trying to pass itself off as free speech.  PLEASE!!!!

And just look at all the silly stuff coming out of colleges today.  Friday's exam has been cancelled due to Trump's election

Seriously?!?!?!?!?!?

I'd hate to see what these socalled millenials would do if confronted with real terror or real evil.

This is like the French Revolution.  Except they have both bread and cake.  And they are crying that the only ice cream available to go with the cake is vanilla.

Thankfully, us bitter clingers are better armed than the Maximillien ROBZpierre types.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:50 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:I've been forecasting the shit will hit the fan one way or another for years. What we're seeing now is just the beginning. The anger is all over the place...and not just on the side of Trump followers. We be living in interesting times.

DID YOU SEE THE VIDEO OF THE MOTHER WHO THREW HER 7 YEAR OLD SON OUT OF THE HOUsE BECAUSE HE VOTED TRUMP IN A CLASSROOM ELECTION?

PS, Love the backhanded way you alluded to the anger and violence coming from the left since Tuesday night.

If the shit hits the fan, its due to leftist who prefer mob rule over democracy.

8 years ago, many on this board opined the GOP would go the way of the Whigs.

Instead, those who believe like I do organized and got involved and peacefully advocated for our believes within the system.  The Tea Party is up there with Ghandi when is comes to peaceful resistance.

The left on the other hand, take to the streets and start burning and breaking things.  Busing in professional agitators to Trump buildings.  Organized mob violence with the intent to intimidate  trying to pass itself off as free speech.  PLEASE!!!!

And just look at all the silly stuff coming out of colleges today.  Friday's exam has been cancelled due to Trump's election

Seriously?!?!?!?!?!?

I'd hate to see what these socalled millenials would do if confronted with real terror or real evil.

This is like the French Revolution.  Except they have both bread and cake.  And they are crying that the only ice cream available to go with the cake is vanilla.

Thankfully, us bitter clingers are better armed than the Maximillien ROBZpierre types.
    Noticed that you forgot  to mention the harassment of minorities that has increased since the election.
    He did say "stop it"
    and then appoints qn alt-right anti Semitic white supremacist to his staff.
    And honorable Mr. Ryan says; "of course he did, he helped hi win."  
    (nice)
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:11 pm

Completely false Frank

Simply completely false.

And someone of your age accomplishment should be ashamed of perpetuating unsubstantiated fear and smear.

There is zero prove that Steve Bannon is an anti semite or a white supremacist.

But than, the left has been mindlessly screaming racism blah blah blah....

Ever since the screwed Bjork out of a Supreme Court Justiceship.

PS, your use of the offensive term alt right suggests to me that you are the type that simply repeats what he hears insteading of thinking about what is actually said

Enjoy your Thanksgiving.
    I now what will be thanked at the family KARKO dinner table.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:14 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    sox55 wrote:America becomes Amerika in January 2017....soooooo......

John,

This hurts my feelings.

Guess I better stay clear of Patrerno's a couple of Friday's from now.

although I would hope with a police station a block away, any lynching would be prevented

XOXOXOXOX
    THE KARK
    Don't you want to get Murph's opinion on Trump?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:19 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Completely false Frank

Simply completely false.

And someone of your age accomplishment should be ashamed of perpetuating unsubstantiated fear and smear.

If the impression that Bannon is an anti-Semite and a white supremacist, wouldn't it be up to someone to convince the masses that he isn't?

That being said, there is hardly any defense when someone calls another a racist or an anti-Semite. People just will respond with "ah, the 'black friend' defense".
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:23 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:

Noticed that you forgot  to mention the harassment of minorities that has increased since the election. He did say "stop it"  and then appoints qn alt-right anti Semitic white supremacist to his staff.  And honorable Mr. Ryan says; "of course he did, he helped hi win."   (nice)

A couple weeks before the election, when Clinton was the clear leader, I recall people saying we should have a "revolution" if she wins. One ex-Congressman said "I'm grabbing my musket." So for the right wing to claim some moral high ground over the predominantly peaceful Trump protesters is ridiculous. 

Or worse still, dangerous, because it shows how dissent is to be viewed.   Unlike Putin's Russia, America has this nasty little inconvenience called the First Amendment allowing free speech and free assembly. Sure, when it spills into property destruction or worse, people need to be arrested.  But are those who are targeting Muslims or Mexicans right now getting equal publicity ?  What about the guy at Ohio State who physically assaulted an anti- Trump protester ?
    Last but not least, it seems like everyone thinks that only the anger of the blue collar voter in Ohio and Michigan should count. What about the anger of those who feel that their health care or their ability to afford college is now in peril with this new Administration ?  What about the fact that the popular vote was not in favor of Trump, but he won due to the arcane electoral college ?  It's like the votes of 130 million Americans never really mattered.  300,000 swing voters in 3 states decided this election. .  All Clinton needed was 50,000 more in Mich,  90,000 more in Wisconsin and 140,000 more in Pennsylvania and she would have won by the even greater margins than Trump did in each of those states.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:27 pm

Are we going to go through this bullshit every four or eight years? Will someone please be an adult and say "Okay, we lost the election. Let's learn from our loss and get them next time. Let's see what this new president wants to do and work with him to make this a better place." I actually heard Obama say something to that effect and I greatly respect that after a hard campaign, but the Clinton supporters were too busy in their crying rooms to hear him.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:29 pm

alohafri wrote:
    If the impression that Bannon is an anti-Semite and a white supremacist, wouldn't it be up to someone to convince the masses that he isn't?
    That being said, there is hardly any defense when someone calls another a racist or an anti-Semite. People just will respond with "ah, the 'black friend' defense".

Bannon is one bad asshole.  Whether he's anti-Semite is another matter.  His comment "renegade Jew" is the primary evidence and that alone may not be enough.   Trump's son-in-law is Jewish and his daughter supposedly converted when she married him. So to stain Trump with anti-Semitism because he appointed Bannon is going too far.  That said, 70% of America's Jewish population voted for Hilliary and that's roughly the same percent of Hispanics she got.   So there are some minorities who logically feel their voices won't be well-represented in this new Administration.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:32 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Bannon is one bad asshole.  Whether he's anti-Semite is another matter.  His comment "renegade Jew" is the primary evidence and that alone may not be enough.   Trump's son-in-law is Jewish and his daughter supposedly converted when she married him. So to stain Trump with anti-Semitism because he appointed Bannon is going too far.  That said, 70% of America's Jewish population voted for Hilliary and that's roughly the same percent of Hispanics she got.   So there are some minorities who logically feel their voices won't be well-represented in this new Administration.

This I understand and agree with. But that was going to happen regardless of who was elected (some groups feeling that their voices won't be represented).
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:38 pm

alohafri wrote:Are we going to go through this bullshit every four or eight years? Will someone please be an adult and say "Okay, we lost the election. Let's learn from our loss and get them next time. Let's see what this new president wants to do and work with him to make this a better place." I actually heard Obama say something to that effect and I greatly respect that after a hard campaign, but the Clinton supporters were too busy in their crying rooms to hear him.

Quite honestly had Trump lost by the same slim margins in Pa, Wisconsin and Michigan that Hilliary did, I doubt we would have heard a concession speech. Rather calls for recount, investigations into voter fraud, etc.   Moreover, when Obama won re-election in 2012, Republicans vowed their goal was to obstruct him in every way possible.  That spilled into Cruz-led shutdowns of the US Govt. a couple years ago.
    There is just more hardness and lack of compromise in the "new" Republicans of the last 20 years.  That wasn't the way it used to be as I recall Everett Dirkson working with Democrats to get things done.

So now the hardness manifests itself with guys like Hannity and his crowd basically saying it is Democrats' job to roll over and play dead even though Trump lost the popular vote. But had the shoe been on the other foot, they would have fought Hilliary tooth and nail. 
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:17 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Are we going to go through this bullshit every four or eight years? Will someone please be an adult and say "Okay, we lost the election. Let's learn from our loss and get them next time. Let's see what this new president wants to do and work with him to make this a better place." I actually heard Obama say something to that effect and I greatly respect that after a hard campaign, but the Clinton supporters were too busy in their crying rooms to hear him.

Quite honestly had Trump lost by the same slim margins in Pa, Wisconsin and Michigan that Hilliary did, I doubt we would have heard a concession speech. Rather calls for recount, investigations into voter fraud, etc.   Moreover, when Obama won re-election in 2012, Republicans vowed their goal was to obstruct him in every way possible.  That spilled into Cruz-led shutdowns of the US Govt. a couple years ago.
    There is just more hardness and lack of compromise in the "new" Republicans of the last 20 years.  That wasn't the way it used to be as I recall Everett Dirkson working with Democrats to get things done.

So now the hardness manifests itself with guys like Hannity and his crowd basically saying it is Democrats' job to roll over and play dead even though Trump lost the popular vote. But had the shoe been on the other foot, they would have fought Hilliary tooth and nail. 

As I said, someone has to stand up and be the adult in the room. Is it now going to be the Democrats' goal get even? Kark is always yelling at me because I suggest that the Republicans need to compromise for the good of the country. Are you now going to yell at me because I suggest that it should be the Democrats doing that?

You will never get ahead while you are trying to get even.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Let's see what this new president wants to do and work with him to make this a better place."

Wasn't that exactly what Mitch McConnell said, or something to that effect, when Obama won his first term and before he ever took office? tongue
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:41 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Let's see what this new president wants to do and work with him to make this a better place."

Wasn't that exactly what Mitch McConnell said, or something to that effect, when Obama won his first term and before he ever took office? tongue

Do you have any idea how many brain cells ago that was?  drunken
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:47 pm

alohafri wrote:
    As I said, someone has to stand up and be the adult in the room. Is it now going to be the Democrats' goal get even? Kark is always yelling at me because I suggest that the Republicans need to compromise for the good of the country. Are you now going to yell at me because I suggest that it should be the Democrats doing that?

If I'm the Dems, I put it very simply.

"You want cooperation and unity from us?  Hmmm.  Ok.  Let's begin the cooperation and unity Kumbaya session right now and grant Garland his hearing and his nomination to SCOTUS.  We assume that since you're looking for cooperation, you'd not want to begin that span of time by stealing Obama's rightful nomination to the Court.  And as long as you go along with this, you'll be sending a signal that you've turned over a new leaf and that cooperation is now your middle name.  And if you won't go along with this, then you're sending a signal that cooperation is a one way street that only applies to the Dem party."  

If the GOP can't at least get on board, then the Dems simply advise that if that basic GOP olive branch can't be extended, then the Dems won't necessarily and completely promise to block or filibuster EVERY bill.  Advise that they'll only block and filibuster the ones that don't suit the ideology of the Dems a full 100%.  In effect they'd say they'll allow votes on bills that are to their liking top to bottom.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:55 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

If I'm the Dems, I put it very simply.

"You want cooperation and unity from us?  Hmmm.  Ok.  Let's begin the cooperation and unity Kumbaya session right now and grant Garland his hearing and his nomination to SCOTUS.  We assume that since you're looking for cooperation, you'd not want to begin that span of time by stealing Obama's rightful nomination to the Court.  And as long as you go along with this, you'll be sending a signal that you've turned over a new leaf and that cooperation is now your middle name.  And if you won't go along with this, then you're sending a signal that cooperation is a one way street that only applies to the Dem party."  

If the GOP can't at least get on board, then the Dems simply advise that if that basic GOP olive branch can't be extended, then the Dems won't necessarily and completely promise to block or filibuster EVERY bill.  Advise that they'll only block and filibuster the ones that don't suit the ideology of the Dems a full 100%.  In effect they'd say they'll allow votes on bills that are to their liking top to bottom.

So, you are no different than Kark. Kark argues about why the Republicans have to make the first move. You argue about why the Democrats have to make the first move.

So, let's say they do give Jon Garland his hearing and he is voted down. Then what? "You voted him down, so screw you"?

Again, who is going to be the adult in the room?
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Allowing the hearing would be a joint move.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:12 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:Allowing the hearing would be a joint move.

So being the adult has strings attached.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Completely false Frank

Simply completely false.

PS, your use of the offensive term alt right suggests to me that you are the type that simply repeats what he hears insteading of thinking about what is actually said

Enjoy your Thanksgiving.
    I now what will be thanked at the family KARKO dinner table.
    How about admitting in court that he wouldn't approve a school for his daughter because there were too many Jews there and he didn't want his daughter to be around their whiny kids.
    The rebuttal to everything isn't "that's not true"

And you can just look in the papers and see the examples. I'm not talking everyone. 
    PS- have you heard any other Rpublican congressmen coming out to praise him (they seem to be remarkably quiet)

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:19 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I didn't accuse Trump of being an anti-semite. I said that the guy he appointed is one.
    My point is if you want to stop the type of bullshit going around with the minority harassment (yes Kark, it is happening) you don't put a guy like that in the White House on a daily basis. 

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:23 pm

Thats exactly how it was until eight years ago. And maybe it was a lot of McConnell's brain cells ago-but he's still Majority Leader.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:01 pm