Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Same old Sox BULLSHIT!!!

Same old Sox BULLSHIT!!!

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:34 pm

11 hits tonight thru 8 innings and 2 whole runs on Dye's 2 run homer!!!

HOW FUCKING EXCITING!!!!!

Only a FANBOY can talk up this shit offense.....
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Re: Same old Sox BULLSHIT!!!

Post by jfraser375 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm

The Sox are putting on a station to station baseball clinic tonight.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Oh my...Jenks had nothing. I'm sorry, but that crap with the runners playing running bases when he's pitching is an absolute joke. I can tell this is going to be another season of me having a sick stomach every time he's in there. Of course, the Sox should have been leading by 7 runs by the time they reached the ninth inning.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Good games out of Danks, Dotel, Thornton. Jenks, as always, lives on the cusp of total collapse. Had to smile at Hawk's call of Jenks first out, the high fly to medium left. Instead of the usual "can of corn" comment it was "one pitch...." and watching Q do his stutter stepping and finally catch it "....one out."

al in cal
    Joe Borchard's Teammate

Post by al in cal on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:43 pm

Bobbyrosebowl wrote:11 hits tonight thru 8 innings and 2 whole runs on Dye's 2 run homer!!!

HOW FUCKING EXCITING!!!!!

Only a FANBOY can talk up this shit offense.....

Wow! What fantastic jobby the pitching staff today. And give kudos to Ozzie in the 9th by moving the runners and got the winning run home. Fields again shows his mettle despite the blatherings of especially the resident critic, BOOBY.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:01 pm

jaywit wrote:Good games out of Danks, Dotel, Thornton. Jenks, as always, lives on the cusp of total collapse. Had to smile at Hawk's call of Jenks first out, the high fly to medium left. Instead of the usual "can of corn" comment it was "one pitch...." and watching Q do his stutter stepping and finally catch it "....one out."

Don't forget Fields. BUT then the hypertension team comes by. Bases loaded 1 out. Thome 3 swinging strikes. Dye 2 called and 1 swinging strike (at least he fouled one). 2 AB and 1 bat touched a ball with the bases loaded.
    And then the running that someone referred to. three times the Rays took themselves out of DP situation. Can everybody run on Jenks?

FB
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Everybody can run on Pierz, and that has always been the case.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:16 pm

It looks like a world series appearance didn't do much for the Rays fan base. Only 13,803 attended the game tonight.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:19 pm

[quote="jfraser375"]Everybody can run on Pierz, and that has always been the case.[/quote

Was it on AJ or on Jenks? Being in SE Wisconsin, I can only see about 1 game a week WGN, Fox or ESPN. The only time I see them more is if I stay in Chicago after work and stay with one of my kids. Haven't done it for awhile but usually about once a week.

Even looked into MLB for live coverage. Lake Geneva area has thee blacked out teams-- Brewers, Cubs and Sox. Needless to say, I didn't subscribe

FB

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:45 pm

jfraser375 wrote:It looks like a world series appearance didn't do much for the Rays fan base. Only 13,803 attended the game tonight.

The White Sox are not exactly an exciting team to watch play.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:50 pm

jfraser375 wrote:Everybody can run on Pierz, and that has always been the case.

I can't really bring myself to blame AJ when guys like Jenks and Contreras and Floyd have the slowest deliveries I've ever seen. Jenks is so slow that the runner is halfway to the next base before the ball leaves his hand. It doesn't matter who's catching. I don't think AJ has all that great of an arm, but his release is quick. AJ has literally no chance of getting the runner in those situations.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:55 pm

Bobbyrosebowl wrote:
    jfraser375 wrote:It looks like a world series appearance didn't do much for the Rays fan base. Only 13,803 attended the game tonight.

Regardless who they're playing, that's a shitty turnout for a first time pennant winner.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:

I can't really bring myself to blame AJ when guys like Jenks and Contreras and Floyd have the slowest deliveries I've ever seen. Jenks is so slow that the runner is halfway to the next base before the ball leaves his hand. It doesn't matter who's catching. I don't think AJ has all that great of an arm, but his release is quick. AJ has literally no chance of getting the runner in those situations.

I'll grant you the slowness of these pitchers but I'd also say it doesn't matter who's pitching, AJ can't throw out a speedy runner. Weak arm and not very accurate.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:07 pm

jaywit wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

I'll grant you the slowness of these pitchers but I'd also say it doesn't matter who's pitching, AJ can't throw out a speedy runner. Weak arm and not very accurate.

I agree, but at least he'd throw out 20-30% if guys got the ball to him more quickly. Nobody runs on AJ when Buehrle's pitching....
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:27 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

I agree, but at least he'd throw out 20-30% if guys got the ball to him more quickly. Nobody runs on AJ when Buehrle's pitching....

I don't mean to diminish the role of pitchers in allowing or discouraging steals. They certainly have a dominant role. On the other hand, since AJ has been the Sox catcher, they have been at the bottom or right near the bottom in runners caught stealing. The two years before AJ came, they were in the middle of the pack.

TLK32752
    Joe Borchard's Teammate

Post by TLK32752 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:58 am

Soxillinirob wrote:Oh my...Jenks had nothing. I'm sorry, but that crap with the runners playing running bases when he's pitching is an absolute joke. I can tell this is going to be another season of me having a sick stomach every time he's in there. Of course, the Sox should have been leading by 7 runs by the time they reached the ninth inning.

Leading by seven is about right. Sox wound up with, what, 14 hits on the night? Rays had 5!!!! Had to chuckle at the WhiteSox.com write-up titled: "Thank the Pen". I'd say, after last year, it is about time the pen did its job with a horse on the mound. Saw the bottom of the screen ticker tape running on ESPN with the Sox getting the insurance run before Drama Queen stepped in. Great for Danks. If you are a contender for real, these are the types of games that get saved, not pissed away. With the dilemma of a complete player (offensive and defensive) for CF, a jury still out at second base, and the low, low average of Alexi, a bright spot emerging is Fields. Hats off to the kid; he is doing a pretty good job.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:43 am

jaywit wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

I don't mean to diminish the role of pitchers in allowing or discouraging steals. They certainly have a dominant role. On the other hand, since AJ has been the Sox catcher, they have been at the bottom or right near the bottom in runners caught stealing. The two years before AJ came, they were in the middle of the pack.

We can blame AJ all we want but the truth of the matter is that when the pitchers do their job in holding a runner close, AJ is able to throw that runner out. Case in point: ST game vs LA Dodgers when AJ threw out Juane Pierre who is one of fastest runners in either league. Give AJ the chance and he will respond.

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:09 am

jaywit wrote:
    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:

Regardless who they're playing, that's a shitty turnout for a first time pennant winner.

The ballpark is a dump and inconvenient to get to.
    I sure as hell am not going to tell people to spend their cash in these times on a bullshit product like last night's game.
    I made the Sox remark in jest, but the more I think about it, it is true.
    Who do the Sox have besides Quentin that any real fan would pay to see play????
    THE SOX ARE A DAMNED BORE!!!!!
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

Doesn't the catcher dicitate the pace to a large degree? Teams have run successfully against Pierz during his tenure with the Sox, during his year with San Fran, and I believe when he was on the Twins.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Bobbyrosebowl wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:

I sure as hell am not going to tell people to spend their cash in these times on a bullshit product like last night's game.
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:40 pm

jfraser375 wrote:
    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:

The fact that the Sox might bore you has little to do with Tampa's inability to draw. The Florida economy is in the tank about as badly as any state in the country. In addition, most Florida fans, be they living in Miami or Tampa Bay seem to have allegiance to other teams. Look how poorly the Marlins tend to draw. You can't help but wonder how long either of those two teams will stay in the state.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:19 pm

jfraser375 wrote:
    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:

Of the younger guys, Quentin is the only one who has arrived. Give Ramirez a little time at short and he'll be exciting to watch. It's early going but Fields is looking better than I expected. One guy who looks like he could have a great year is Danks. He's pitched lights out the first two outings. Again, it's early to tell much but given how he blossomed last year coupled with how he looks so far, we may be on the verge of seeing a pitching performance we haven't seen on the Sox in quite some time.

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:35 pm

jfraser375 wrote:
    jfraser375 wrote:
    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:

The fact that the Sox might bore you has little to do with Tampa's inability to draw. The Florida economy is in the tank about as badly as any state in the country. In addition, most Florida fans, be they living in Miami or Tampa Bay seem to have allegiance to other teams. Look how poorly the Marlins tend to draw. You can't help but wonder how long either of those two teams will stay in the state.

Dave Wills, Rays radio, was interviewed on WSCR today.
    The Rays sold 1 Million tickets before the season started and expect 2 to 2.5 million this season.

MAYBE IT IS THE WHITE SOX WHO FANS IN OTHER VENUES FIND TOO BORING TO BUY A TICKET TO SEE PLAY??????

LMAO!!!

SAME OLD BULLSHIT OFFENSE...CAN'T SEEM TO SCORE GUYS FROM 3RD BASE WITH LESS THAN 2 OUT!!!!!
    jfraser375

Post by jfraser375 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:03 pm

Bobbyrosebowl wrote:
    jfraser375 wrote:
    jfraser375 wrote:
    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:

Dave Wills, Rays radio, was interviewed on WSCR today.
    The Rays sold 1 Million tickets before the season started and expect 2 to 2.5 million this season.

MAYBE IT IS THE WHITE SOX WHO FANS IN OTHER VENUES FIND TOO BORING TO BUY A TICKET TO SEE PLAY??????

LMAO!!!

SAME OLD BULLSHIT OFFENSE...CAN'T SEEM TO SCORE GUYS FROM 3RD BASE WITH LESS THAN 2 OUT!!!!!

2 million my ass. Wanna make a bet on the over/under? LMAO

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:25 pm

You can't help but wonder how long either of those two teams will stay in the state.[/quote]

MLB probably shouldn't have gone to Florida to begin with , but it was inevitable given the population growth when they expanded that way. The Marlins are building a new stadium, so they aren't going anywhere, anytime soon. It'll be interesting to see how the Rays draw, post pennant, and with another good team

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:32 pm