Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Dad

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Dad

Post by alohafri on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:34 pm

For those of you who aren't on Facebook, my father passed away last night after a short battle with brain cancer. My dad was a life-long Sox fan. I got to take my picture with him and the trophy back in 2005 and it remains my favorite picture with him.

For the Mt. Carmel grads here, my father was also a graduate of the "power of the south side" as he called it.

I think it was Joe who told me in a message, this has not been a good year for our little corner of the White Sox Internet.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: Dad

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:58 pm

alohafri wrote:For those of you who aren't on Facebook, my father passed away last night after a short battle with brain cancer. My dad was a life-long Sox fan. I got to take my picture with him and the trophy back in 2005 and it remains my favorite picture with him.

For the Mt. Carmel grads here, my father was also a graduate of the "power of the south side" as he called it.

I think it was Joe who told me in a message, this has not been a good year for our little corner of the White Sox Internet.

MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:54 pm

Aloha
    I can't tell you how sorry I feel for you. To lose a parent is so traumatic. whether it was expected or not, it is still a shock. 
    Take care of yourself and I hope you find peace in all your memories of him.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:03 pm

Same as I noted on FB, Kev.  So very sorry to hear this.  Tough times.  Pam and I send our very best to you.  
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:06 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:Aloha
    I can't tell you how sorry I feel for you. To lose a parent is so traumatic. whether it was expected or not, it is still a shock. 
    Take care of yourself and I hope you find peace in all your memories of him.

Kevin, my condolences. I lost my Dad a little over a year ago. Although I'm sure he was older than your Dad, it is still a loss
    that you feel deeply. I still miss the chance to talk with him. I'm sure your family will rally around and that's the silver lining if
    there is one - a loss reminds people how precious our loved ones are and how much we need to be there for the family we still have.

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:23 pm

Sorry for your loss Kevin. Something more than a normal family death when a son loses his dad. Almost like losing your guiding light. 
    Take care
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:58 pm

Thank you all.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:23 pm

So very sorry for your loss...my deepest sympathies Kevin. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:45 pm