Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Kinda odd

TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Kinda odd

Post by TeleFrank on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Something happened a week or two ago that I find very odd. The Tribune set up a contest for their readers to pick the greatest Chicago baseball team. Honestly I never voted and expected the poll to favor one team. Well, it did and SURPRISE SURPRISE it was the Sox! Only one member of Chicago's National baseball team made the cut and I'm sure it was a sympathy vote that got him in. Here's a link to the final vote totals. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/greatest-team/ct-greatest-baseball-team-of-all-time-htmlstory.html
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Kinda odd

Post by alohafri on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:34 pm

It shocked the hell out of me too Frank.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:44 pm

TeleFrank wrote:Something happened a week or two ago that I find very odd. The Tribune set up a contest for their readers to pick the greatest Chicago baseball team. Honestly I never voted and expected the poll to favor one team. Well, it did and SURPRISE SURPRISE it was the Sox! Only one member of Chicago's National baseball team made the cut and I'm sure it was a sympathy vote that got him in. Here's a link to the final vote totals. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/greatest-team/ct-greatest-baseball-team-of-all-time-htmlstory.html

Must have been Murph,Howie and the SFOD GANG stuffing the ballot box southside style!! cherry

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:39 pm

sox55 wrote:
    TeleFrank wrote:Something happened a week or two ago that I find very odd. The Tribune set up a contest for their readers to pick the greatest Chicago baseball team. Honestly I never voted and expected the poll to favor one team. Well, it did and SURPRISE SURPRISE it was the Sox! Only one member of Chicago's National baseball team made the cut and I'm sure it was a sympathy vote that got him in. Here's a link to the final vote totals. 

Must have been Murph,Howie and the SFOD GANG stuffing the ballot box southside style!! cherry

Vote early, Vote often.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:48 am

JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT THE ONLY USEFUL POLES ARE THE ONES STRIPPERS DANCE ON
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT THE ONLY USEFUL POLES ARE THE ONES STRIPPERS DANCE ON
    Not sure what I find more ridiculous:  that Ron Kittle was the Sox entry for their best LFer (I've preferred Tim Raines, Carlos Lee, Carlos Quentin, Scott Podsednick, Ivan Calderon, Albert Belle, Melky Cabrera, and that's just those who've played the position since Kittle) or that he was judged better than Billy Williams.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:42 am

jaywit wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT THE ONLY USEFUL POLES ARE THE ONES STRIPPERS DANCE ON
    Not sure what I find more ridiculous:  that Ron Kittle was the Sox entry for their best LFer (I've preferred Tim Raines, Carlos Lee, Carlos Quentin, Scott Podsednick, Ivan Calderon, Albert Belle, Melky Cabrera, and that's just those who've played the position since Kittle) or that he was judged better than Billy Williams.

None of those you mentioned was better than Billy Williams, though maybe Albert Bell( but not necessarily when he was with  Sox)

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:17 am

Aloysius Szymanski, aka Al Simmons, is a HOF left fielder who played for the Sox. He's not even mentioned. 
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:28 am

frank bonifacic wrote:

None of those you mentioned was better than Billy Williams, though maybe Albert Bell( but not necessarily when he was with  Sox)
    Of those Sox I mentioned I'd probably take Raines above the rest but I agree, I'd take Williams above all those I mentioned.  I also agree with Sharpy, Al Simmons has to be the choice for all-time Sox LFer and I'd take him over Billy Williams.  Kittle is way down the list but ahead of guys like DeAza, Tank, Pierre etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:43 am