Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Recent Sun-Times clip....

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Recent Sun-Times clip....

Post by Nomads44 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:47 pm

The draft: In addition to first-round catcher Zack Collins and right-hander Zack Burdi, third-round outfielder Alex Call (.444) and fourth-round outfielder Jameson Fisher (.436) were high on-base performers for Great Falls (Rookie), and second-round righty Alec Hansen ranked second on Baseball America’s Pioneer League top-20 prospects list. Lefty Bernardo Flores, a seventh-rounder, was 20th. It’s early, but first year scouting director Nick Hostetler’s first class could be the best in years.

I had not paid any attention to Call, Fisher and Flores.  Great to see encouraging reports, for a change.  And I was surprised this was the scouting director's first class.  Who did it before?  Did Hahn do that and double up as GM two years ago?

With big news almost guaranteed to be coming tomorrow, have the White Sox finally woke up??
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Re: Recent Sun-Times clip....

Post by sox55 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Nomads44 wrote:The draft: In addition to first-round catcher Zack Collins and right-hander Zack Burdi, third-round outfielder Alex Call (.444) and fourth-round outfielder Jameson Fisher (.436) were high on-base performers for Great Falls (Rookie), and second-round righty Alec Hansen ranked second on Baseball America’s Pioneer League top-20 prospects list. Lefty Bernardo Flores, a seventh-rounder, was 20th. It’s early, but first year scouting director Nick Hostetler’s first class could be the best in years.

I had not paid any attention to Call, Fisher and Flores.  Great to see encouraging reports, for a change.  And I was surprised this was the scouting director's first class.  Who did it before?  Did Hahn do that and double up as GM two years ago?

With big news almost guaranteed to be coming tomorrow, have the White Sox finally woke up??

The "Zack's" should be playing for the next 6 weeks at Camelback Ranch starting Oct 11.

8 minutes from home for me.

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:28 pm

The "Zack's" should be playing for the next 6 weeks at Camelback Ranch starting Oct 11.

they charge MLB prices to watch these guys play?
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:39 pm

Chi-kid wrote:The "Zack's" should be playing for the next 6 weeks at Camelback Ranch starting Oct 11.

they charge MLB prices to watch these guys play?

No.

$6 for all seats

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:30 pm

sox55 wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:The draft: In addition to first-round catcher Zack Collins and right-hander Zack Burdi, third-round outfielder Alex Call (.444) and fourth-round outfielder Jameson Fisher (.436) were high on-base performers for Great Falls (Rookie), and second-round righty Alec Hansen ranked second on Baseball America’s Pioneer League top-20 prospects list. Lefty Bernardo Flores, a seventh-rounder, was 20th. It’s early, but first year scouting director Nick Hostetler’s first class could be the best in years.

HOPEFULLY THEY WILL GIVE HIM #15.

THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO HIS CHANGE THE LETTERS
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    sox55 wrote:

HOPEFULLY THEY WILL GIVE HIM #15.

THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO HIS CHANGE THE LETTERS

No comprende!  #15 is Lawrie now.  No matter whose number these guys get, all you have to do is change the letters, right?  I missed something with the #15 bit.

Ahhh, lightbulb.... John and his Beckham shirt!

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:41 am

HEY JIM,

LET'S JUST SAY THAT ZACK BETTER WATCH HIS BACK
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:15 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:HEY JIM,

LET'S JUST SAY THAT ZACK BETTER WATCH HIS BACK

Maybe Beckham thought he got #15 because he was supposed to be another Dick Allen.  At least whoever gets #15 next season won't have as much pressure on them. 

How many think Vampire Lawrie will stay?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:22 pm