Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

MY MY MY

Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

MY MY MY

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:32 pm

The Cubs began a total rebuild in 2010.  Between 2010 and 2016 the Cubs have won 527 games.

In the same time period the Sox have won......527 games.

One team, after blowing the whole thing up is going to the post season for the 2nd straight season.

The WIN NOW RELOAD bunch SUCKS YET AGAIN!!!

WIN NOW is for the BRAIN DEAD.  For MORONS!!!!

No surprise that the biggest proponent of Win Now is the dumb ass who can not spell IDIOT....SFOD President.......MURPH!!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: MY MY MY

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:22 am

Is that Larry Braus guy for real or is he playing a character? If he's for real, he is president of the WIN NOW-RELOAD faction.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:00 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:The Cubs began a total rebuild in 2010.  Between 2010 and 2016 the Cubs have won 527 games. In the same time period the Sox have won......527 games.
    One team, after blowing the whole thing up is going to the post season for the 2nd straight season.
    The WIN NOW RELOAD bunch SUCKS YET AGAIN!!!
    WIN NOW is for the BRAIN DEAD.  For MORONS!!!!
    No surprise that the biggest proponent of Win Now is the dumb ass who can not spell IDIOT....SFOD President.......MURPH!!!!

Takes a couple things for a rebuild to work. One is owner patience.  Epstein got that assurance before he signed on in late 2011.  Cubs had three shit years 2012-2014 (averaging 67 wins) and by 2014 their attendance was down 400,000 versus 2011 when they were still playing win-now .  Recall by 2014, people were starting to question Epstein's "plan".  Owners have to resist that fan impatience and stick with the plan.
    Second is that the front office has to be good at spotting talent. Epstein/Hoyer had that in nabbing guys like Rizzo, Hendricks, Arrieta, Russell and Fowler before they became too highly regarded.   Plus they took advantage of their high draft picks to get hitters like Bryant and Schwarber.
    I think with the Williams/Hahn dichotomy in the front office, Sox don't have either of those ingredients and that's why I think that blowing this team up and rebuilding won't work any better than win-now.  They rebuilt in 2013-2014 but lacked the patience to stick with it in 2015.  You'd think the Sox have nothing to lose by enduring some 65 win seasons, since by 2013 they were in bottom 3 in league attendance and win-now in '15-'16 has failed to revive that.   But Kenny is a big win-now guy. 
    Second, Williams and Hahn differ on the types of hitters they want.  No real consistent  plan for rebuild can be implemented and stuck with.  Hahn snagged Eaton in 2013 and he was a classic plate-disciplined leadoff hitter.  OTOH, Williams seems to favor the typical unpolished athletes like Garcia, Abreu (now fading) and Anderson (will fade).   But Hahn, IMO, has no talent for picking up pitchers as the acquisitions since he's been GM have been unimpressive  (Shields, Latos, Samardzija, Robertson, Duke,  etc).
    In the end, Sox are in a hard place.  They don't have enough in Sale, Quintana, Frasier, Abreu, Eaton, Cabrera and Robertson to be that good in 2017.  But if they traded these guys would they really get the right players for a rebuild  ?  Hoping against hope for another lightening in the bottle season is about the only real recourse for a Sox fan. 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:38 pm