Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Hahn to resign

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Hahn to resign

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:36 pm

Son just texted that Hahn is going to resign. Apparently wanted to rebuild and Kenny blocking trades.
    Hopefully that's impetus to get Kenny FIRED.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Re: Hahn to resign

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:37 pm

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:46 pm

I've heard that Sports Mockery cannot be taken seriously, but this report sounds right on.  I think many of us have suspected this since early in Hahn's reign (or lack of free rein).  Get Kenny out of the Sox business once and for all.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Nomads44 wrote:I've heard that Sports Mockery cannot be taken seriously, but this report sounds right on.  I think many of us have suspected this since early in Hahn's reign (or lack of free rein).  Get Kenny out of the Sox business once and for all.
    According to article and twitter comments regarding it. It's speculation about Hahn but says he is very frustrated and there has been tension since last year.
    Said that Hahn said that there were INSANE OFFERS out there for Sox talent but williams wanted nothing to do with a rebuild
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Back when people were extolling the virtues of Hahn, I took some shit for saying that Kenny Williams would STILL be the one pulling the strings. Well...I hate to tell you I told you so...ah fuck it...I told you so!

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:55 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Back when people were extolling the virtues of Hahn, I took some shit for saying that Kenny Williams would STILL be the one pulling the strings. Well...I hate to tell you I told you so...ah fuck it...I told you so!
    Are you channeling your inner Donald Trump??
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Back when people were extolling the virtues of Hahn, I took some shit for saying that Kenny Williams would STILL be the one pulling the strings. Well...I hate to tell you I told you so...ah fuck it...I told you so!

Yeah, well who knows about this latest saga.  Probably a fair amount of truth to it, but Hahn isn't necessarily in line for another GM job if he walks away from this one.  There are only 30 such jobs in the world, and guys don't usually give them up unless they're forced out.  So Hahn may decide to eat more shit from Williams and Reinsdorf and keep earning his $ 500-600K , as he has these past 4 seasons, rather than risk going out and getting another Asst GM job where he earns 1/3 of that.  It's not like Hahn has established a great  track record of spotting talent in his tenure here that teams will be beating a path to his door.  His excuse may be that Kenny throttled him constantly, but the storyline of being subservient to the great Kenny Williams won't exactly get Hahn a lot of mileage either. 
    Of course, Kenny may get Reinsdorf's permission to boot Hahn just like he did Ozzie to resolve any turmoil.   I don't see Reinsdorf backing Hahn over Williams in a push-shove contest.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:53 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:I've heard that Sports Mockery cannot be taken seriously, but this report sounds right on.  I think many of us have suspected this since early in Hahn's reign (or lack of free rein).  Get Kenny out of the Sox business once and for all.

Kenny wouldn't have prevailed in his obstinate refusal to rebuild unless he convinced Reinsdorf to back him.  As long as Reinsdorf is in charge, chances of things changing aren't good.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:11 pm

FUCK REINSDORF.

Hahn is GM in title only.
    With Kenny looking over his shoulder he is an apprentice GM.

Hahn's contract is up.

This is AMERICA.

Hope he does what HE WANTS and escapes this CREEPY organization.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:17 am