Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Young Millionaire speaks

TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Young Millionaire speaks

Post by TeleFrank on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:34 pm

Out of the mouths of babes. 
    "Oh yeah, and it's our own fault. It's the player's fault," White Sox right fielder Adam Eaton said. "We play up to what we're capable of playing and it's not even a discussion.
    "Rick has gotta do what he's gotta do to put us in the best position to be good now and later. Whatever he has to do, we've got to accept it as players because we put ourselves in this position."
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Young Millionaire speaks

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:39 pm

He gets it.  Yay.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:11 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:He gets it.  Yay.

He gets it, yes. But, my corollary to the "Young Millionaires" theory is that just paying a guy a million dollars doesn't make him good. The "Old Billionaires" have to find the right group of "Young Millionaires".
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:16 pm

I agree, Kevin.  I just think people are quick to only bitch about ownership/mgmt., and seem to forget that Abreu hasn't hit a HR in July.  Or that Rodon has fallen to pieces.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:I agree, Kevin.  I just think people are quick to only bitch about ownership/mgmt., and seem to forget that Abreu hasn't hit a HR in July.  Or that Rodon has fallen to pieces.

I think Abreu is either hurt, or proving that he is stupid. Maybe someone can take him as a project. I would think that the Rangers are pretty desperate with Fielder out for the year. They may slightly overpay.

Rodon never spent an entire year in the minors. He and Fulmer need to be sent down and not brought back up until September 2017 at the earliest.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:13 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:I agree, Kevin.  I just think people are quick to only bitch about ownership/mgmt., and seem to forget that Abreu hasn't hit a HR in July.  Or that Rodon has fallen to pieces.

WELL WHEN ONE YOUNG MILLIONIARE IS THROWING A ONE HIT SHUT OUT THRU 8......

BTW, IT ISN'T THE KARK THAT FORGOT ABOUT ABREAU.  I POSED THE QUESTION IF HE NEEDS TO BE TRADED.

AS FOR THE THEORY, THESE 25 YOUNG MILLIONIARE'S DIDN'T RANDOMLY SHOW UP.  ITS THE JACKASS OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT THAT PUT THEM TOGETHER

HOW MANY DECADES HAS OWNERSHIP/MANAGEMENT FOCUSED ON PITCHING TO THE DETRIMENT OF HITTING

A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, I ASKED HOW MANY LINEUPS THE WHITE SOX COULD PRODUCE WITH HE PLAYERS DEVELOPED DURING THE 35 YEARS OF REINSDORF.  WAS THE 2ND LINEUP EVER COMPLETED?!?!?!

IF NOT FOR THE DUKE TRADE THIS MORNING, THE WHITE SOX WOULD NOT HAVE A MLB READY PROSPECT ON THE FARM.

SO LETS FOR GET THE IDIOT MANAGER AND THE IDIOT GM AND THE IDIOT OWNER.  AND LETS BLAME ALL THE WHITE SOX FAILURES ON JUSTIN MORNEAU FOR NOT HAVING THE WILL TO WIN
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:56 pm

I think Abreu is either hurt, or proving that he is stupid. 

I just think he sucks. As has been said...one year wonder. He was supposed to be "hurt" last year....no mention of that this year. Between he and Available Garcia you have less then 20 homers total from two stiffs that are built like fucking houses. 

Fuck 'em...get 'em out of here. 
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:46 pm

alohafri wrote:He gets it, yes. But, my corollary to the "Young Millionaires" theory is that just paying a guy a million dollars doesn't make him good. The "Old Billionaires" have to find the right group of "Young Millionaires".

AS FOR THE THEORY, THESE 25 YOUNG MILLIONIARE'S DIDN'T RANDOMLY SHOW UP.  ITS THE JACKASS OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT THAT PUT THEM TOGETHER
    HOW MANY DECADES HAS OWNERSHIP/MANAGEMENT FOCUSED ON PITCHING TO THE DETRIMENT OF HITTING

I think it comes down to poor scouting and talent evaluation of young players.  It's worse for hitters but spotting young pitching talent hasn't been so hot either.  Let's face it - Sox have drafted only one guy who's been successful for them in the last 15 years - Chris Sale...  The list of 1st and 2nd round flameouts is long for both hitters (B. Anderson, J. Fields, Beckham, J. Reed,Mitchell, Walker, Hawkins,etc) and pitchers (Broadway, Poreda,K.McCulloch, E. Johnson, K. Honel, etc).
    In fact, the 3rd-6th round guys Sox drafted (Gio Gonzalez, Clayton Richard, Dan Hudson, Chris Carter, Marcus Semien) have had more success than the 1st and 2nd rounders, and the WORST PART is the Sox traded all these guys away before they contributed anything to the Sox
    Look at the international scouting level - Alexei Ramirez, Viciedo and now Abreu.  One flash in the pan, one mediocre regular, and one bust.

Because the Sox have been so lousy at scouting and talent-spotting of young players, and because Reinsdorf is too cheap to buy premier talent, they've been relegated to trading for and free agent signings of semi-good, flawed guys like Frazier, Melky, Robertson, Lawrie, JAckson, Peavy, Rios, etc.   Plus they've ended up with their fair share of duds like Garcia, Dunn, LaRoche, Latos, etc.   

Every vestige of the Kenny Williams scouting organization has to blown to smithereens.  Because the amateur and professional scouts don't know how to identify real talent, it hasn't mattered what strategy the Sox use. When it's "win-now" they get semi-mediocrities or worse.  When it's "build for the future"  they get young stiffs.   
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:01 am

The Sox organization works at SUCK!!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:30 pm