Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

I'm assuming...

Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

I'm assuming...

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:36 am

everyone thoroughly enjoyed yet another Robin Ventura special that was served up last night. Chris Sale benched after 8 shut out innings. But hey...those Mariners hit a couple of brisk fly balls!! Heaven forbid that the staff ace and one of the premier pitchers in baseball be given a chance to win the game!
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Re: I'm assuming...

Post by sox55 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:56 am

Cream1953 wrote:everyone thoroughly enjoyed yet another Robin Ventura special that was served up last night. Chris Sale benched after 8 shut out innings. But hey...those Mariners hit a couple of brisk fly balls!! Heaven forbid that the staff ace and one of the premier pitchers in baseball be given a chance to win the game!

You have GOT to love modern day baseball. 
    Starters don't go 9 because of "pitch count".
    Justify the amount you pay to someone to get 3 fucking outs. Except that he is managed like someone carrying eggs home from the store.
    WTF------not used in over a week because there was "no SAVE situation"?
    He could have gotten work in on Sunday when the Sox were getting hammered by the last place Angels.
    This game brought back "memories" of Thigpen and others that I wish would go away.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:16 am

You people are so cruel

Sale threw 100 pitches just a mere 6 days after throwing an entire inning in the All Star Game

NEVER EVER REMOVE A PITCHER WITH A SHUT OUT GOING!!!!

ESPECIALLY IF ITS A ONE HITTER!!!!!

COMPLETE GAME SHUTOUTS MATTER!!!!!

FUCK NEW AGE STATS!!!!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:47 pm

WTF------not used in over a week because there was "no SAVE situation"?

I've said it before. There is not a sport in the world that makes up more fucking excuses for itself and applies more dumb-assed logic than major league baseball. Not even close.

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:25 pm

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/190547050/robin-ventura-sticks-with-call-to-lift-sale/

WTF DO WE KNOW CREAM

THE TITLE OF THE LINK ON THE WEBPAGE CLAIMS VENTURA MADE THE PROPER CALL

MY GUESS IS ALL THE PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL JACKASSES THAT GET PAID TO LAUGH AT THEIR OWN JOKES ON THE SCORE CONCUR.

ARE ANY OF THOSE CLOWNS EX JOCKS?!?!?

OR ARE THEY LIKE BERNSTEIN.  SPORTS GEEK WITH A DECENT VOICE THAT LIVED IN MOMMY'S BASEMENT UNTIL HIS BIG BREAK CAME

AGAIN, NEVER EVER PULL A PITCHER WITH A 1 HITTER

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:37 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/190547050/robin-ventura-sticks-with-call-to-lift-sale/

WTF DO WE KNOW CREAM

THE TITLE OF THE LINK ON THE WEBPAGE CLAIMS VENTURA MADE THE PROPER CALL

MY GUESS IS ALL THE PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL JACKASSES THAT GET PAID TO LAUGH AT THEIR OWN JOKES ON THE SCORE CONCUR.

ARE ANY OF THOSE CLOWNS EX JOCKS?!?!?

OR ARE THEY LIKE BERNSTEIN.  SPORTS GEEK WITH A DECENT VOICE THAT LIVED IN MOMMY'S BASEMENT UNTIL HIS BIG BREAK CAME

AGAIN, NEVER EVER PULL A PITCHER WITH A 1 HITTER
    Don't totally agree with that. Sale walked two batters on one inning and hit two in another -BUT he got out of those.
    I agree more with David Haugh and Rosenbloom in Trib- you let him go out for 9th(only 100 pitches) and if he gives up a hit, THEN you remove him!
    But you give him the opportunity to finish and get a complete game.

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:33 am

WAITING FOR ROGER AND HIS BOGUS SABR STATS TO CLAIM COMPLETE GAMES ARE A MEANINGLESS DINOSAUR STAT THAT SERVES NO PURPOSE IN TODAY'S GAME
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:59 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:WAITING FOR ROGER AND HIS BOGUS SABR STATS TO CLAIM COMPLETE GAMES ARE A MEANINGLESS DINOSAUR STAT THAT SERVES NO PURPOSE IN TODAY'S GAME

CG's are not totally meaningless, as usually the leaders in CG's are the top pitchers.  But when a guy like Steven Wright is tied with Chris Sale in that stat (3 each) it doesn't seem all that meaningful either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:43 pm