Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Break up the Sox

Break up the Sox

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:47 pm

Please!!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Break up the Sox

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Please!!!!

They are already broken... Sad

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:35 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:

They are already broken...
    Hey look how they broke out if thst slump, no rubs for 34 innings and they scored in the 3rd today.thats a quantum leap!!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:41 pm

Another Kenny Williams special!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:15 am

Every season they manage to find new ways to bore the Hell out of fans.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:27 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

Hey look how they broke out if thst slump, no rubs for 34 innings and they scored in the 3rd today.thats a quantum leap!!

Only 6.5 games back of the Wild Card - there's still hope. Surprised

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Only 6.5 games back of the Wild Card - there's still hope

Only if we have luck on our side.... Wink
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Only 6.5 games back of the Wild Card - there's still hope

Only if we have luck on our side.... Wink

My bad - Sox are only 5.5 games back of the final Wild Card spot.   But with 5 other teams to jump over to get there, yeah, it will take some luck.   Smile
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:39 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:Every season they manage to find new ways to bore the Hell out of fans.

Aggravate Worsen, make worse, exacerbate, inflame, compound; add fuel to the fire/flames, add insult to injury, rub salt in the wound. Bore? 

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:43 am

TIME TO TRADE ABREAU

TIME TO REALIZE THEY NEED YOUNG HITTING

CREDE AND ROWAND LAST 2 HITTERS TO ACTUALLY BE DEVELOPED BY THE WHITE SOX AND CREDE SUCKED THE FIRST HALF OF HIS CAREER AND THEN WAS INJURY PRONE THE 2ND HALF.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:41 pm

Trade ANYONE who is in the final year of their contract. Take a hard look at trading anyone over the age of 30.

Sale would be my only untouchable. Guys I'd prefer to keep are guys Anderson, Eaton, Fulmer, Davidson, Lawrie, and Rodon. Everyone else, I'd listen to offers on.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:21 pm

alohafri wrote:Trade ANYONE who is in the final year of their contract. Take a hard look at trading anyone over the age of 30.

Sale would be my only untouchable. Guys I'd prefer to keep are guys Anderson, Eaton, Fulmer, Davidson, Lawrie, and Rodon. Everyone else, I'd listen to offers on.
    I would lije to keep Quintana and would be willing to dump Lawrie.
    He'll of a staff -Sale, Quintana, Rodon & Fullmet.
    Don't need a whole lot to make thst team a winner

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:29 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Trade ANYONE who is in the final year of their contract. Take a hard look at trading anyone over the age of 30.

Also agree keep eaton. & AndersonAnderson

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:19 pm

I keep Eaton, Anderson and Lawrie and see what I can get for everyone else...including Sale and Quintana. Imagine the package you could get for those 2?  the Indians are thinking of trading 2 or 3 of their top 4 prospects for Miller- not even Chapman.  What do you think a decent GM (I know, I know) could get for Sale?  Think the Cubs would give up Schwarber and Baez for him?
    Having a nice starting 4 is great...but they have that now and they suck - so just start over.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:17 am

I agree with most of the people mentioned as keepers but I dump both Lawrie and Rodon...neither of whom impress me. I've consistently said that Rodon has STIFF written all over him.

I get what I can for Abreu...he's wore out his welcome. I was willing to give him a pass last year because of supposed injuries...what's his excuse for this year? I want Available Garcia gone. Another Tank Viciedo only without the power. Five home runs? Idiot's built like a house....are you fucking kidding me? Anderson has displayed more power in the short time he's been here. Abreu and Garcia have less than 20 home runs combined...what a fucking joke!

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:39 am

frank bonifacic wrote:

HOYT - BURNS - DOTSON - BANNISTER

DON'T NEED A WHOLE LOT TO MAKE THAT TEAM A WINNER

MCDOWELL - HIBBARD - FERNANDEZ - ALVAREZ

DON'T NEED A WHOLE LOT TO MAKE THAT TEAM A WINNER

BUEHRLE - GARLAND - DANKS - FLOYD

DON'T NEED A WHOLE LOT TO MAKE THAT TEAM A WINNER

I ASSUME BY WINNER YOU MEAN SOMETHING MORE THAN JUST ONE QUICK IN & OUT PLAYOFF APPEARANCE

THE WHOLE PROBLEM WITH THE WHITE SOX, GOING BACK TO MY GORDON TECH DAYS, IS THE ORGANIZATIONS OBSESSION OF BEING PITCHING RICH EVEN IF IT MEANS BEING HITTING POOR.

REINSDORF BOUGHT THE TEAM IN 1981.  HOW MANY LINEUPS CAN WE WRITE UP WITH PLAYERS DRAFTED BY THE WHITE SOX?  IN 35 YEARS YOU WOULD THINK YOU CAN FILL OUT AT LEAST 3 LINEUP CARDS.  CAN WE EVEN DO TWO?

HECK, I BET TIM ANDERSON IS ALREADY TEAM 1 SHORTSTOP?  WHO ELSE?  OZZIE WAS A PADRE PRODUCT

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:14 pm

My guess is that Team 1 of Reinsdorf draft picks would be

C  - Karkovice
    1B- Thomas
    2B - Durham
    SS - Anderson
    3B - Ventura
    LF - Lee
    CF - Rowand
    RF - Ordonez

Need help completing Team 2

C  - Josh Paul
    1B- Mike Morse
    2B - Gordon Beckham
    SS - Chris Snopek
    3B - Joe Crede
    LF - Jeff Abbott
    CF - Mike Cameron
    RF - Daryl Boston

Is Mike Morse the only White Sox draftee that got away during the Reinsdorf years?!?!?

1/2 of Team 2 are bench warmers, and Chris Snopek is really a 3B, appearing only 55 times at SS.  But has any SS drafted by the white sox played more MLB games than snopek did at that position?

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:32 pm

did the sox draft Scott Fletcher?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:22 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:My guess is that Team 1 of Reinsdorf draft picks would be

C  - Karkovice
    1B- Thomas
    2B - Durham
    SS - Anderson
    3B - Ventura
    LF - Lee
    CF - Rowand
    RF - Ordonez

Need help completing Team 2

C  - Josh Paul
    1B- Mike Morse
    2B - Gordon Beckham
    SS - Chris Snopek
    3B - Joe Crede
    LF - Jeff Abbott
    CF - Mike Cameron
    RF - Daryl Boston

Is Mike Morse the only White Sox draftee that got away during the Reinsdorf years?!?!?

1/2 of Team 2 are bench warmers, and Chris Snopek is really a 3B, appearing only 55 times at SS.  But has any SS drafted by the white sox played more MLB games than snopek did at that position?

Maybe Greg Norton, although he usually was a third baseman (and not much of one, either).

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:31 pm

Chi-kid wrote:did the sox draft Scott Fletcher?

No, he was the Cubs 1st round pick in 1979.

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:31 am

THE SOX GOT FLETCHER ALONG WITH PAT TABLER AND RANDY MARTZ FROM THE CUBS FOR STEVE TROUT AND THE PROMISE NOT TO TAKE FERGIE JENKINS IN THE FREE AGENT COMPENSATION DRAFT
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:32 pm

Chi-kid wrote:I keep Eaton, Anderson and Lawrie and see what I can get for everyone else...including Sale and Quintana. Imagine the package you could get for those 2?  the Indians are thinking of trading 2 or 3 of their top 4 prospects for Miller- not even Chapman.  What do you think a decent GM (I know, I know) could get for Sale?  Think the Cubs would give up Schwarber and Baez for him?
    Having a nice starting 4 is great...but they have that now and they suck - so just start over.

Sox have to admit that win-now has failed once more and become sellers at the trade deadline.  At 7.5 games back of the last wild card spot with six teams to jump over, only fools think these kind of odds can be overcome.
    Abreu, Frazier, Robertson, Duke, Jennings, etc.  should all be up on the block. Agree, they should listen to what clubs might offer for Sale, Quintana, Eaton, etc. at least to see whether the returns will be enough to trade them. Doubt this kind of drastic overhaul will take place though.  Sox have been wed to half measures for so long now that's it hard to imagine them having the balls to do what needs to be done. 
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:12 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:I keep Eaton, Anderson and Lawrie and see what I can get for everyone else...including Sale and Quintana. Imagine the package you could get for those 2?  the Indians are thinking of trading 2 or 3 of their top 4 prospects for Miller- not even Chapman.  What do you think a decent GM (I know, I know) could get for Sale?  Think the Cubs would give up Schwarber and Baez for him?

Sox have to admit that win-now has failed once more and become sellers at the trade deadline.  At 7.5 games back of the last wild card spot with six teams to jump over, only fools think these kind of odds can be overcome.
    Abreu, Frazier, Robertson, Duke, Jennings, etc.  should all be up on the block. Agree, they should listen to what clubs might offer for Sale, Quintana, Eaton, etc. at least to see whether the returns will be enough to trade them. Doubt this kind of drastic overhaul will take place though.  Sox have been wed to half measures for so long now that's it hard to imagine them having the balls to do what needs to be done. 

I think Sale, Quintana, and Eaton are young enough and have good enough contracts that they could handle a rebuild and still have good seasons left in them. However, if the deal is too good to pass up...
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Agreed, they probably should be cornerstones of any rebuild but their trade value is also at a peak right now and it's worthwhile for Sox to at least listen to what they could get.  OTOH, Frazier, Robertson, Abreu and anyone in the bullpen should be sell-now players.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:04 pm

Cream1953 wrote:I agree with most of the people mentioned as keepers but I dump both Lawrie and Rodon...neither of whom impress me. I've consistently said that Rodon has STIFF written all over him.

I get what I can for Abreu...he's wore out his welcome. I was willing to give him a pass last year because of supposed injuries...what's his excuse for this year? I want Available Garcia gone. Another Tank Viciedo only without the power. Five home runs? Idiot's built like a house....are you fucking kidding me? Anderson has displayed more power in the short time he's been here. Abreu and Garcia have less than 20 home runs combined...what a fucking joke!

Rodon is a wild card right now.  Still has potential but Cooper failed to improve him beyond a two-trick pony and the league caught onto him.  If the Sox were in a win-now mode, Rodon would be an ideal trade candidate to pedal to a rebuilding club in exchange for a Cole Hamels or David Price type starter.   But with the Sox needing to rebuild, it's probably worth holding onto 23 year old Rodon at least for another year to see if he can develop.  Young pitchers can struggle for a couple years before learning their trade, but the clock is starting to tick with him.
    As to Garcia, always thought he had far more stiff than star potential from the day the Sox got him.  This year is the final nail in the coffin.  He's worthless.
    Anderson has talent but he also has big flaws in his game. Obviously worth holding onto due to how young he is, but he has to smarten up, especially on defense, to be a solid player.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:36 am