Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

The 2nd Half

Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

The 2nd Half

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:22 am

Will the Second Half mark the last quarter of Hawk as Sox announcer?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: The 2nd Half

Post by alohafri on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:17 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:Will the Second Half mark the last quarter of Hawk as Sox announcer?

Hawk will never retire! All Reinsdorf needs to do to keep him around is to sign some has-been who thinks he still has some gas left in the tank. Hawk will be begging to do home games again.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:Will the Second Half mark the last quarter of Hawk as Sox announcer?

If he does hang it up, will the Sox treat it with the same hoopla that Vince Scully is getting in his last year with the Dodgers ?

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:00 pm

FURTHER PROOF THAT ROSEBOWL HATES THE HAWK AND WISHES HE WERE DEAD

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:45 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why, if you are semi-retired, that you take the more arduous task of going on the road, traveling, etc, rather than just driving to the home park?  Is he getting accolades at these away games? presents? plaques? etc.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Chi-kid wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why, if you are semi-retired, that you take the more arduous task of going on the road, traveling, etc, rather than just driving to the home park?  Is he getting accolades at these away games? presents? plaques? etc.
    The road trips are easier n him. He gets a limo ride to the airport and there are cabs and hotel rooms.
    At home he has a 90 mile drive-each way. That is why he opted for road trips only.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:25 pm

Granger is a dicey drive back and forth for someone his age. I never understood why he just didn't stay in the city during a homestand...not like he couldn't afford it.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:50 am

Mark the CPA wrote:FURTHER PROOF THAT ROSEBOWL HATES THE HAWK AND WISHES HE WERE DEAD
    You are just jealous that nobody ever made you President of the SFOD Fanboys!!!

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:15 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:
    Mark the CPA wrote:FURTHER PROOF THAT ROSEBOWL HATES THE HAWK AND WISHES HE WERE DEAD
    You are just jealous that nobody ever made you President of the SFOD Fanboys!!!

Actually I'm jealous I can't be like you, road tripping all over America.

Who knew that spending just about every day of my 20's drunk as a skunk would have long term consequences.

Just think, if the KARK gets his CPA in 1987 instead of 2001, then maybe, just maybe, I land a job with the IRS.  I'd be 2 years away from 30 years with America's most hated bureaucracy.  Not sure the what the pension rule are, but I bet I'd be damn close to retirement.

Long story short, I'll be spending the next two decades on excel to pay for my decade in the bottle.

Oh well, I'm sure following the White Sox around the Nation as if they were the Grateful Dead would get old in a hurry.  However, that is still the plan for the Summer of 2033.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:38 pm

As we learned today....again...life is short.

What is truly important is FAMILY and your closest friends.

The rest of this is all bullshit.

Following the Sox like a Deadhead would be boring as all Hell now.  It was a blast in my early 20s.  The games were secondary to what else....womanizing.

Would be great if you saw all kinds of places in and near the Cities you would go to.  That might mean missing a game or two per trip.

REAL FANBOYS see very little but the Stadiums and the nearest Denny's.

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:55 am

ROBERT,

SUCH A ROAD TRIP WOULD TRY TO CENTER AROUND THE SOX AND CUBS BEING IN THE VISITING CITY.  PLANING THIS USED TO BE EASY WHEN MLB HAD A BALANCED SCHEDULE.  NOW ITS SCREWY.  THE SOX GO WEST WHEN THE CUBS GO EAST AND VICE VERSA

THE IDEAL  IS WHEN THE SOX ARE IN NEW YORK ONE WEEK AND THE CUBS THE NEXT AND YOU SPEND THE TIME IN THE MIDDLE ENJOYING THE BIG APPLE.

SIMILAR WITH FLORIDA.  DISNEYLAND IN BETWEEN THE RAYS AND MARLINS

2-3 WEEKS IN CALIFORNIA, WITH A LITTLE SIDE TRIP TO TIAJUANA.

YELLOWSTONE AND RUSHMORE DURING THE LONG DRIVE FROM SEATTLE TO MINN.
    AND OF COURSE, ON THE WAY FROM DETROIT TO TORONTO WE WILL STOP AT THE CABERET IN WINDSOR

SCREW THE 30 PARKS IN 30 DAYS.  THE KARK'S DREAM IS LEAVING AFTER THE OPENER, EXPLORE ONE SIDE OF THE MISSISSIPPI UNTIL THE ALL STAR BREAK; THEN EXPLORE THE OTHER SIDE AFTER THE ALL STAR BREAK; COMING HOME THE LAST SUNDAY AT THE CELL.

AND IF THE KARK EVER HITS THE BIG BUCKS ON POWERBALL, YOU MY FRIEND ARE ON THE SHORT LIST OF DESIRED TRAVEL COMPANIONS

XOXOXOX

THE KARK
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:48 am

Has anyone told the Sox hitters that the second half has started?
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:34 am

Mark the CPA wrote:ROBERT,

SUCH A ROAD TRIP WOULD TRY TO CENTER AROUND THE SOX AND CUBS BEING IN THE VISITING CITY.  PLANING THIS USED TO BE EASY WHEN MLB HAD A BALANCED SCHEDULE.  NOW ITS SCREWY.  THE SOX GO WEST WHEN THE CUBS GO EAST AND VICE VERSA

THE IDEAL  IS WHEN THE SOX ARE IN NEW YORK ONE WEEK AND THE CUBS THE NEXT AND YOU SPEND THE TIME IN THE MIDDLE ENJOYING THE BIG APPLE.

AND OF COURSE, ON THE WAY FROM DETROIT TO TORONTO WE WILL STOP AT THE CABERET IN WINDSOR

SCREW THE 30 PARKS IN 30 DAYS.  THE KARK'S DREAM IS LEAVING AFTER THE OPENER, EXPLORE ONE SIDE OF THE MISSISSIPPI UNTIL THE ALL STAR BREAK; THEN EXPLORE THE OTHER SIDE AFTER THE ALL STAR BREAK; COMING HOME THE LAST SUNDAY AT THE CELL.

AND IF THE KARK EVER HITS THE BIG BUCKS ON POWERBALL, YOU MY FRIEND ARE ON THE SHORT LIST OF DESIRED TRAVEL COMPANIONS

XOXOXOX

THE KARK
    It would be a total blast.  Plenty of mischief in Nevada.  You mean we would actually see the Country, eat at good restaurants and not go watch Sox Minor League teams play when not at a MLB game???
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:35 am

alohafri wrote:Has anyone told the Sox hitters that the second half has started?
    Shields making his push to opt out of his Sox contract!!!

GO JAMES GO!!!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:33 am

XOXOXOX

THE KARK
    Peg probably would not mind losing Kevin for a Month.  Add Bleacher Bum to the band and bring bond money!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:28 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:

XOXOXOX

THE KARK
    Peg probably would not mind losing Kevin for a Month.  Add Bleacher Bum to the band and bring bond money!!!

cheers cheers
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Peg probably would not mind losing Kevin for a Month.

I'd make damn sure of it!!!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:03 am

Cream, you'd be recruited as our designated driver

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:32 pm